Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:01 AM

FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills (42815 Views)

Togo, Benin, Niger Owe Nigeria 30 Billion Naira For Electricity / IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by opribo(m): 4:57pm On Dec 14, 2019
It is obvious we are being led by moroons....
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by idonhammer: 4:57pm On Dec 14, 2019
Federal Gunment

1 Like

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Nwaonyishi69: 4:58pm On Dec 14, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Nigerias problem with power isnt lack of it, but distribution and transmission.. most discos delibrately shed power because they know 60% of energy gets stolen or lost

with 3,664 MW egypt a top african economy has enough power which is well distributed, rwanda haw 500mw and they are fine, Nigeria has 7000MW installed capacity but gencos would rather sell to smaller african countries than Nigerians
The first thing to show you are knowledge-able on Nigerian issues is that you don't trust or bandy any made in Nigerian data or statistics. They are always cooked. For example, landmass, population, economic growth forecasts, out or in school population, employment data etc; let alone the figures of electricity generation as bandied by a bunch of professional lairs in this APC government.
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by GENEGIRIA: 4:58pm On Dec 14, 2019
Why? You be thief? Why do you want to plunder someone’s resources?

CSTR2:
If Nigeria was a serious country, the resources we can get from all these west African countries by hook or crook is enough to fund our budget alone.

France is already doing it to them.
Even tiny Rwanda is doing it to Congo. Plundering their resources.
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by babtoundey(m): 4:58pm On Dec 14, 2019
Our very own yard is swallowed with staggering darkness yet we are illuminating our neighbors's compound. And we're proud of it.

NIGERIA, my kwontiry

If it is by disconecting whatever connection we share with Benin, Togo etc that will give us stable supply of power what on earth is stopping us from doing so? I am tired of going to bed every night with fear of mosquito attack
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Fortune109: 4:59pm On Dec 14, 2019
CSTR2:
If Nigeria was a serious country, the resources we can get from all these west African countries by hook or crook is enough to fund our budget alone.

France is already doing it to them.
Even tiny Rwanda is doing it to Congo. Plundering their resources.

grin grin
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by musicwriter(m): 4:59pm On Dec 14, 2019
Blue3k:
Lol good one from the FG. Niger and Benin should wise up and stop being so dependent. Niger Republic can use hydro, or nuclear or fossil fuel. Both countries could build dams generating the power themselves cutting out Nigerian middleman.

Hahahahahaha!

If Togo, Niger and Benin republic decides to become independent, they'll dam the River Niger, and Nigeria would be thrown into darkness forever unless we find other source of water to power our dams.

The real sources of electricity to Nigeria are Togo, Niger, Benin.

Nigeria is not stupid for giving them electricity. In the light of the border closure, if I were them I'll threaten Nigeria with a dam. But they're very stupid to act.

5 Likes

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by backnbeta(f): 5:02pm On Dec 14, 2019
Give is the light, let us pay undecided
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by stagger: 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2019
TheApologist:
If we make this much from this so-called exportation of electricity to our neighboring nations why is our power sector still in a sorry state. Everyone is just feeding fat on the nation; I can bet all the supposed millions of dollars will never be accounted for. May God help our nation

Go and ask the guys at NBET. There is an allegation that the gencos are overinflating the actual supply of electricity. NBET pays, and the excess money paid on the invoices are shared. That matter is under investigation.

If you hear the things going on in Nigeria, you will weep for our country. So blessed, but the leaders and the people are wicked in equal measure.

3 Likes

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by augustine: 5:05pm On Dec 14, 2019
RockHard:

https://thenationonlineng.net/fg-tells-togo-benin-niger-to-pay-electricity-bills/
The TCN boss should remember that river Niger passed through Niger republic into Nigeria. If they get the idea of diverting the course of river Niger into their Sahara dessert land mass, then 80% of dams in Nigeria will shutdown and plunge the country into perpetual darkness.

1 Like

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Kingzy4pep(m): 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2019
solmusdesigns:

Nigerias problem with power isnt lack of it, but distribution and transmission.. most discos delibrately shed power because they know 60% of energy gets stolen or lost

with 3,664 MW egypt a top african economy has enough power which is well distributed, rwanda haw 500mw and they are fine, Nigeria has 7000MW installed capacity but gencos would rather sell to smaller african countries than Nigerians
Egypt generates more than that.. Check Google.
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Awoo88: 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2019
slimjohn2k5:
No light for your people and you sell it out

Country with big issue
They don't sell it. It is given out. If Niger or Milan construct dam, it will affect the one we have in kangi dam as the same river course will serve both thereby reducing the efficiency.
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by stagger: 5:07pm On Dec 14, 2019
augustine:
The TCN boss should remember that river Niger passed through Niger republic into Nigeria. If they get the idea of diverting the course of river Niger into their Sahara dessert land mass, then 80% of dams in Nigeria will shutdown and plunge the country into perpetual darkness.

And that means bye bye to dry season farming. The kind of starvation wey go hit Naija then no go get part 2.
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by CSTR2: 5:07pm On Dec 14, 2019
GENEGIRIA:
Why? You be thief? Why do you want to plunder someone’s resources?

The world is not fair.
And every great civilisation was built by plunder.

Even tiny Rwanda that is not as rich as Lagos under kagame is plundering the very blessed Congo.

Why not Nigeria? At least we have earned it given the billions and lives we have spent bringing stability to this region.
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by GENEGIRIA: 5:07pm On Dec 14, 2019
Yes. Ghana has paid in full. Ghana always pays. Next question?

wwwihy:
Has Ghana paid for the gas supply?
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by goshen26: 5:07pm On Dec 14, 2019
Lol

And my Togo class mate here, that we finished Sec Sch together in 2005 would be be saying "come to Togo and 24hrs electricity"

Awon onigbese
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by solmusdesigns: 5:08pm On Dec 14, 2019
Kingzy4pep:
Egypt generates more than that.. Check Google.

i know i qouted what the use, the remaining power is sold
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by stagger: 5:08pm On Dec 14, 2019
musicwriter:

Hahahahahaha!

If Togo, Niger and Benin republic decides to become independent, they'll dam the River Niger, and Nigeria would be thrown into darkness forever unless we find other source of water to power our dams.

The real sources of electricity to Nigeria are Togo, Niger, Benin.

Nigeria is not stupid for giving them electricity. In the light of the border closure, if I were them I'll threaten Nigeria with a dam. But they're very stupid to act.
That's why the border closure was also done to remind them who is boss. Everything is done with strategic national security at the heart of it all.

3 Likes

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by deavicky(m): 5:09pm On Dec 14, 2019
solmusdesigns:
grin

if Buhari wants to go for a 3rd term , i am very sure ghanians , togolese and chadians would sneak into Nigeria to vote him out

u don't know their present hardship is because of their rolls in the last election.
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Kingluqman(m): 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2019
Day2logic:

I doubt if the 3 countries combined have the population of some states in Nigeria. I believe population and landmass is part of our problems. To be honest Democracy will hardly work in this country with our differences.
I hope you know the population of China, US, Brazil, Singapore among others. Population is not our problem.. grin
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by knowhowk: 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2019
They should pay up , Meanwhile Government should ensure good power Supply I learnt that Other countries we supply Electricity enjoys light better than us
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by goshen26: 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2019
solmusdesigns:
grin

if Buhari wants to go for a 3rd term , i am very sure ghanians , togolese and chadians would sneak into Nigeria to vote him out

You are stupid comedian guy, you just make my day oooo

I am laughing seriously here.

They will sneak in oooo

1 Like

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by egopersonified(f): 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2019
This is how dangote will still export his fuel
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by crash12345: 5:12pm On Dec 14, 2019
wwwihy:
Has Ghana paid for the gas supply?
fool,Ghana is now your largest trading partner and buyers of your product worth over 3 billion dollars in just 3 months, ahead of USA,India and China.Fool and see if we block your inferior goods from Ghana,your millions of already 100 million extremely poor poverty capital of the world people will be out of employment and hunger will be their middle name.

That your peanuts 130 million dollars have long being settled. What do you take us for.Now we produce our own gas and we don't use your unreliable gas again.Google Sankofa Gas project which is the largest gas project in Africa located in Ghana with our Ghana Gas Company in charge.Better sleep in darkness and shut up on a country with 24/7 electricity. Do you have light in your kiosk currently?

Oh and I almost forgot,over 1,000 Nigerian shops have been closed forcefully in Ghana right now.We're taking the locking nationwide and very soon,millions of Nigerians will join you shortly from Ghana after dealing with them.Don't get me annoyed.

3 Likes

Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by GENEGIRIA: 5:13pm On Dec 14, 2019
Chai. Who told you Rwanda is not richer than Lagos? Why are you assuming Rwanda can’t be richer than Lagos. If I can compare the standard of life in Rwanda, and that of Lagos, Rwanda is richer than Lagos, in my opinion. Or how do you define being rich or poor?

CSTR2:

The world is not fair.

Even tiny Rwanda that is not as rich as Lagos under kagame is plundering the very blessed Congo.

Why not Nigeria? At least we have earned it given the billions and lives we have spent bringing stability to this region.
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by solmusdesigns: 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2019
grin

atleast their kings and government officials came for next level campaign rallies

deavicky:
u don't know their present hardship is because of their rolls in the last election.
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Conceptman: 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2019
Then they will get flooded if they cut the inflow of that river, the problem is our greedy leaders
solmusdesigns:

If you check your map very well you would see that river niger flows into nigeria through this countries, and before building kanji and other hydropower dams Nigerian government reached an agreement with neighboring countries for them not to dam or cut river niger water supply and we shall provide part of their electricity needs, so should we be stupid enough to cut their powers, then they cut us from the source of water flow
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Stalwert: 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2019
[s]
Blue3k:
Assuming they dam up rivers up north do you believe Nigeria will use military force to stop them? Egypt been angry with Ethiopia over their dam construction. That's because the Egypt is nothing without the nile.
[/s]

Even after they agree to pay the fees and then defaulted, Nigerians will always justify cheating against Nigeria.
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by Saintp(m): 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2019
CSTR2:

The world is not fair.

You are right. However, it takes smart people to see the opportunities in other countries to plunder. Nigeria leaders both past and present are dumb, useless and waste of sperm and as such cannot even spot the resources in their own country not to talk of exploiting another country.
Re: FG Tells Togo, Benin, Niger To Pay Electricity Bills by musicwriter(m): 5:18pm On Dec 14, 2019
stagger:

That's why the border closure was also done to remind them who is boss. Everything is done with strategic national security at the heart of it all.

If they shut down the river Niger with a dam, farming would come to a standstill in North West Nigeria. Most Nigerian states would be thrown into hunger and starvation. Plus, it would throw the whole of Nigeria into darkness.

If that happens you'll know who's the real boss. The impact of the border closure would be childplay to what would happen to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ikenga Imo Subtly Mocks Buhari & His Economic Team (Pics) / Femi Fani-Kayode Threatens To Dump PDP Over Ben Ayade, Cross River Governor / Boko Haram's Latest Propaganda War: Hoisting Of Flags.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.