Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,569 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

I Hit My Wife - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hit My Wife (68153 Views)

Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! / I Hit My Husband By Mistake / I Hit My Wife , I Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hit My Wife by roybanjo100(m): 10:10am On Dec 16, 2019
Thats the problem some of you guys faced when you marry a girl that has head without a brain, they push you to the extreme expecting you not to react forgetting u are also human, and then hold u responsible,...Keep begging but expect more frustration from her and im sure u will still hit her again
Re: I Hit My Wife by martowskin1(m): 10:10am On Dec 16, 2019
maryjames9:

You started very well but you ended very badly. She is off market bla bla, don't go beg her bla bla. You folks attach too much importance to marriage that you often think all women must be in a marriage. Look up, those excuse are already getting old.

It is obvious that the animal of a OP merely told his side of the story not the entire picture. The OP cannot in all honesty say that that is the first time of hitting his wife. He also cannot say that that is the first time he is coming home late at night drunk to a stupor. But because of ya'll male-supremacist and female-subjugation tendencies, you are quick to come to the defence of your fellow woman-beating animalistic he-goat, you let reasoning be cloud your sense of judgement and start making the same old men-better-than-women rhetorics. Disgusting.

The guy u quoted used "if" is a conditional statement
Re: I Hit My Wife by eguarojeona: 10:10am On Dec 16, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
How would you have felt if it was your wife who hanged out with her friends and came back by 2am? Any married man or woman who does things without considering the other partner is immature or simply wicked. Your wife's brother should have slapped you back, or is he a weak man? He should have slapped you ensuring that you bleed from your mouth and nose. As for your wife, continue to call her, send messages, give her more time, she will heal and return to you. It's very shameful that her brother was there and did not defend her, by slapping the st-pi---y outta your brains.
2 wrongs don't make a right.On one hand you called husband immature.On the other you say bro in law should slap husband.Reg flag.
Re: I Hit My Wife by nairalanduseles: 10:11am On Dec 16, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Why is this bastarrrdd quoting me repeatedly? Listen, a husband that beats his wife is not worthy of his wife's love/respect. It is better a woman remains single/a widow than stay with a husband who beats her. That is my belief, I am very much correct. Only a mother/father who do not value their daughter would ignore the situation without intervening.

Any man who has no self control should not be married

4 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 16, 2019
mokt:
Na wa for some ladies with chicken brain oo, I hate involving Family or Friends when im having issues with my woman sha. As a matter if fact, no one should even interfere in Husband n wife ish. its annoying . People suppose dey interfere during straffing too na

You would rather preferred that the man knock out his wife everytime until her demise before families get involved. Let me ask you. Do you have a sister? Is that the way your Dad beats up your mother?

3 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 16, 2019
fatymore:
Don't take the advice of people telling you to ignore her.

Talk to your parent and let them follow you to her place to beg for forgiveness.

As for me, you will write an undertaken that you won't ever lift your hands on me again.

will you also as a wife write an undertaken never to nag all the time, cos most women don't knw hw irritiating those nags are to a man's ear ... it like mosquitoes singing to ones ears grin grin most times i leave the house ,n my gurl will even say yu are not a man ... lol !! i guess OP is a man
Re: I Hit My Wife by nairalanduseles: 10:11am On Dec 16, 2019
eguarojeona:
2 wrongs don't make a right.On one hand you called husband immature.On the other you say bro in law should slap husband.Reg flag.

If na me he go collect pass slap
Re: I Hit My Wife by lahizak: 10:11am On Dec 16, 2019
Ekene161829:
I did something I really regret. My wife and I have an amazing marriage, 2 years of marriage and we are blessed with a 7-month-old baby girl.

She is 28 and I almost 33. Last Saturday I got invited to go out by some of my work friends , I got home late 2am, so madam wasn't happy. She was yelling at me, throwing hands and screaming at me. I ignored her and left the room to the living room but she followed me and I asked her to leave me alone but she kept going which made me angry.

I took the back of my hand and gave her a slap on the mouth. She cried out and held her face and started crying and her lips was bleeding. I didn't intentionally hurt her, I just wanted to calm her down since ignoring her was not working. I said sorry, and I was literally on my knees begging her. I tried to hold her but she refused.
The rest of the night was me repeating apology or i didn't mean to hurt you. She ignored me . She went into our room and locked the door.

She was in there for a long time and the next morning, her mother and older brother was at the house and she came out of the room with her and our baby stuff and she said she was leaving me for good. I told her how sorry I was but her mother told me to get out of their faces and they left the house.

I feel so ashamed and I've never done anything like this before and I never thought I would. I don't want to loose my wife and baby. I need both of them back. Should I attempt to contact her?

What do I do?
OP. Dont listen to all dis advice u seeing up and down. I sincerely believe that is not the whole story. U knw d entire truth. However, if the truth is wat u claimed here, and ur marriage has sincerely been a hapi one b4 dis saga, den i most say hitting ur wife no matter the circumstances is terribly wrong which according to ur post u regreted doing. Secondly, as a married man, u should av called ur wife informing her of ur outing and d fact u will be coming home very very late. Dont let dis unmarried people advicing u up and down confuse u, married people sometimes come home by 3am or the next day, however communication is paramont. Trust is important. Ur wife was absolutely wrong 4 shouting and nagging at u but as a husband u also married her weakness, i dont tink dis is d 1st time u will see her shout and nag and dis is definitely not the last time u will see her do dat and if u decide to get angry everytime she do dat, u will end up killing somebody child. The deed has been done so here is my advice. Early one morning, go and meet her people, apologise, promise never to do that again. After you have gotten ur wife home and safe. Talk to her one on one, apologize for coming late and inform her dat if anytin like dat ever cum up u will communicate and ask for her permission b4 going. And last but not the least, correct her, bringing her parent and packing out is not the answer to every problem. Threatening to pack out weneva u guys have problem will only weak and eventually end d marriage. Gudluck

2 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by kulobyno: 10:12am On Dec 16, 2019
Olajumoke11:
Marriage is not about EGO.... Both the wife and husband were wrong and any reckless decision will affect the 7 months old baby
She's the one with Ego problem. She was adamant to apologies and OP's effort to avoid her until she earned a slap then she went to sleep. What was she hoping to achieve when she was shouting and following him up and down.

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by luminouz(m): 10:12am On Dec 16, 2019
Ladycewhy:
It cant make sense to you cos you are ignorant of psychological patterns and circles of abuse.Ever wondered why an abused person will tell you their abusers were never like that, cos it starts a with like the op , a little back hand slap to face hand slap to blows and so on. She has done well to protect herself from further abuse and if the op doesn't work on himself ,he will likely degenerate into someone that resolves arguments with his fists instead of this words.

Sweetie,I have seen it all. Why call myself alien if I dont know how the human mind works.

Unless the OP is a serial woman beater before or a sadistic narcissist, no sane man would feel any rush from slapping his own wife and mother of his child. Anyone can get angry and react violently, that's human nature. What is sick is to enjoy the violent act(in your case,the dopamine rush).
Re: I Hit My Wife by Mutemenot(m): 10:12am On Dec 16, 2019
dfrost:

The brother and mother did a poor job, no problem.

Let's tackle the issue from the word GO. He was obviously under the influence of alcohol. Period.

Sure. Two wrong does not make right. Taking their daughter is worse then the offense the young man committed.. d young man apologized, from his writing here it's obvious how remorseful he has bn. So he should let the mom n bro to marry their daughter 4 d time being
Re: I Hit My Wife by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:12am On Dec 16, 2019
Bastarrrdd......goddamned son of a ''G''.
Ranchhoddas:
You are a fool.
Re: I Hit My Wife by Sukueponmalu: 10:12am On Dec 16, 2019
nairalanduseles:

You actually sound like a kid
If the police shot everyone who verbally assaulted them .....i think we all will be dead...
And as for me not being able to live were u re I agree.....
But remember cho cho cho cho too much talk no dey full basket.........judgement day must come for u when KF go nack u something .........OG
Say all the bullshit you want. It’s none of my business.
If you like say I sound like a foetus.
Stop going around assaulting people verbally.

2 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:12am On Dec 16, 2019
grin If you can punched a human being and cause bleeding, then you should consider a career in MMA, beat up Isreal Adesanya, win a million dollar, and then your wife and her family will come looking for u

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by Sandypearl: 10:12am On Dec 16, 2019
yomi007k:
Op. You no try o.
That timing was not responsible. What if your wife went for a wedding or church program and came back at that time. Be consoderate.

Hitting her was adding insult to injury. It means you don't respect her or how she feels.

The best thing you can do is keep apologizing. She is hurt. Try and understand that.
you didn't state the fact he apologized and even left the room for yet she followed him . Put itself in the man's shoes
Re: I Hit My Wife by nairalanduseles: 10:13am On Dec 16, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
any man will get angry with a woman who nag till you leave the room only for her to follow you to the sitting room. a wise woman will ignore the man then bring the problem up when she is less angry. nagging is also as bad hitting a woman. my headmaster back then almost lost his because of a nagging wife. he left the house in anger and few minutes later, he is in the hospital battling for his life. the restless man drove into the bush.

No excuses ....if u are not matured enough to be in a relationship then dont be......I have never hit any woman even though I have been provoked.....its sad this society is trying to excuse an aggressor
Re: I Hit My Wife by Talkingoil(m): 10:13am On Dec 16, 2019
daddytime:
No matter wetin you do brother, this marriage na manage e no go last. Sorry, but this is the honest truth.

A precedent has been set, so, at the slightest provocation, your in law's will March down to move their pikin.

Get smart...

If na me, na dem go beg me to come carry my wife back....

How old is this wife by the way?

NB

Please, if you are the guy who advertised a size 44 shoes sometime last week, or you know the guy in person, kindly mention me.
Just imagine, wife I paid bride price for and because of a minor squabble the mother and brother comes to take her home, the way I go take pursue the two ( mother and son) of them comot for my house eh
Re: I Hit My Wife by kulobyno: 10:13am On Dec 16, 2019
shadeyinka:

Your 1 and 2 is mature!
The rest aren't!

Physical abuse ALWAYS start with a single Slap/hit/push and the cycle never end.

Physical abuse must never be hidden. It must be exposed with all vigour. This first episode shouldn't lead to divorce but I think the wife is on track showing the seriousness of the consequence of such actions.

Should the wife also have provoked the husband by verbal assaults!? NO!
Whatever made you think you are in the position to tell me which of my opinion is mature and which is not.

My in laws can't run my home. My wife can't manipulate me if she's ready for marriage then we continue if she isn't then we part for peace.
Re: I Hit My Wife by luminouz(m): 10:13am On Dec 16, 2019
roybanjo100:
Thats the problem some of you guys faced when you marry a girl that has head without a brain, they push you to the extreme expecting you not to react forgetting u are also human, and then hold u responsible,...Keep begging but expect more frustration from her and im sure u will still hit her again

Good point
Re: I Hit My Wife by mechanics(m): 10:14am On Dec 16, 2019
She had her plans before you slapped her, I believe during courtship you told yourselves not to involve third parties in any dispute, but she has reneged in her marital vow, but you shouldn't have slapped her, you just have to plead with her to come back and promise not to slap her again and avoid late outings.
Re: I Hit My Wife by nairalanduseles: 10:14am On Dec 16, 2019
Sandypearl:
you didn't state the fact he apologized and even left the room for yet she followed him . Put itself in the man's shoes

I have been in worse situations I never resulted to violence ....if u think the only way to control your anger issues is by hitting people then you should be in jail

5 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by Sandypearl: 10:14am On Dec 16, 2019
kulobyno:
Well as for me:
1. Hitting you wife is a sign of weakness.
2. Apologizing is a sign of strength and love.
But rubbishing my effort to make amends by involving her parents is a NO NO.
I WILL NEVER apologise further because she has made things even.
Whether she decides to stay or leave is her business but trust me I won't care anymore.
God bless you for this

2 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 16, 2019
What the OP did is against the Law, he should be in jail not here writing epistle. Sticks and stones break lips not words. The mentality of men here scares me. Just 2 years marriage and he is coming home by 2am, and slapping a woman that was up all night because of the man she loves. But he comes home and slaps her.

4 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by bluefilm: 10:15am On Dec 16, 2019
Hahahahahaha

If na me, na she go dey beg to come back because I no go ever try to call am again...

I have zero tolerance for women and their stupid rash behaviors.

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 16, 2019
Take advantage of this situation to take authority over your home.

Well you have done wrong in beating her, but you have already apologised to her which she rejected.

Therefore ignore her and her family, and do not apologise to them, when she got tired of her petulance, she will crawl back home; or her family will drive her back to you when they get tired of her presence with them.

If you continue to apologise to her for every unavoidable misbehaviour, she will continue to run back to her father's house for you to come begging.

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by nairalanduseles: 10:15am On Dec 16, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

Say all the bullshit you want. It’s none of my business.
If you like say I sound like a foetus.
Stop going around assaulting people verbally.

I hope you dont hit the wrong person some day and end up 6 feet

2 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 16, 2019
nairalanduseles:

No excuses ....if u are not matured enough to be in a relationship then dont be......I have never hit any woman even though I have been provoked.....its sad this society is trying to excuse an aggressor
what do you have to say about the nagging? nagging is even more aggressive than a slap
Re: I Hit My Wife by mechanics(m): 10:16am On Dec 16, 2019
kulobyno:

Whatever made you think you are in the position to tell me which of my opinion is mature and which is not.

My in laws can't run my home. My wife can't manipulate me if she's ready for marriage then we continue if she isn't then we part for peace.
Take it easy, she will come back, what you need now is to beg her and pray for her, I don't support couples divorcing.
Re: I Hit My Wife by Finnese001: 10:16am On Dec 16, 2019
fatymore:
Don't take the advice of people telling you to ignore her.

Talk to your parent and let them follow you to her place to beg for forgiveness.

As for me, you will write an undertaken that you won't ever lift your hands on me again.

Lift his hands on you or the wife
Or are you the wife?
Re: I Hit My Wife by hush15: 10:16am On Dec 16, 2019
Ekene161829:
I did something I really regret. My wife and I have an amazing marriage, 2 years of marriage and we are blessed with a 7-month-old baby girl.

She is 28 and I almost 33. Last Saturday I got invited to go out by some of my work friends , I got home late 2am, so madam wasn't happy. She was yelling at me, throwing hands and screaming at me. I ignored her and left the room to the living room but she followed me and I asked her to leave me alone but she kept going which made me angry.

I took the back of my hand and gave her a slap on the mouth. She cried out and held her face and started crying and her lips was bleeding. I didn't intentionally hurt her, I just wanted to calm her down since ignoring her was not working. I said sorry, and I was literally on my knees begging her. I tried to hold her but she refused.
The rest of the night was me repeating apology or i didn't mean to hurt you. She ignored me . She went into our room and locked the door.

She was in there for a long time and the next morning, her mother and older brother was at the house and she came out of the room with her and our baby stuff and she said she was leaving me for good. I told her how sorry I was but her mother told me to get out of their faces and they left the house.

I feel so ashamed and I've never done anything like this before and I never thought I would. I don't want to loose my wife and baby. I need both of them back. Should I attempt to contact her?

What do I do?

Bro, I understand your pain but at this point, you already did and truth be told, you can't be blamed. It happens to the best of us. You have said sorry and said it over and over again and if she refuses to heed, don't overwhelm yourself with sorrow. Let her be and give it time, the truth is she will still comeback if truly she is mother of your child and you haven't done this before. I don't know how to put this but don't push it too much. Just as she decides to leave, in all the worries, let her comeback of her own accord also cos she can't just really comeback cos you were begging, postratin up and down, being rubbished and embarrassed cos you want your family back. Don't get me wrong o cos many will say, I want to scatter family and not that it's not worth all that but her comin back will be based on all that, she will still leave cos she will tie everything to that and at any small mistake, she will leave again and that become her constant threat. When she decides to come back after apologizing severally, don't ever hit your wife again. It's not good, it's not right and it's not the right answer to the problem cos women will always use that against you. The minute she began frustrating you, if you are mobile, you go into your car and sleep if you don't want to drive out again that late or if you can afford it, take Uber to a safe hotel around and sleep or better still, drive to a friend's place who can accommodate you till morning. The best reply to a woman's rant is ignorance. If you have apologized and she is still bent on bring down hell, just ignore if it means lock-in yourself in the room alone. Her battery will run out...

I learnt something from women and that's overbeggin. Now, this is my own opinion but am sure millions can relate to it. When you beg a woman too much cos you afraid of loosing her or what you have with her, eventually you end up loosin her or them cos you will enslave yourself in the process. Many may disagree but I have seen this in many relationship including mine both pre and post marriage. I apologize when am wrong and even as many times I get the chance but if as a woman, you insist on doing your thing, enjoy. When you are back to your senses, we can continue from where we stopped and that's if am still available but in a situation like bein married, when you expressed your anger finish and you still feel like been married, we can continue, child or not, afterall, na me know say that kind of thing won't happen again.

So bro, you have said sorry and say it when the chance permit you but don't over do it so you have you dignity and respect intact.

Beatin a woman doesn't really work in modern time, even for your own good. Just pretend like you not there when she starts to get to you so you can live long.

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 16, 2019
roybanjo100:

Why can't you simply tell more about it.
Re: I Hit My Wife by Dupalmer: 10:17am On Dec 16, 2019
Pataricatering:
More stupid advice.
So you can't air your views without insulting others. You know what it's your entire household that is stupid. Your stupid ass is the type that manipulates her husband. Pray he's not someone like me. I dedicate your future insults to your parents, husband and children. Idi0t

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (30) (Reply)

My Marriage Has Finally Ended / Woman Breaks Eggs At Beach, Curses Emma For Taking Advantage Of Her (Video) / Elderly Man Weds Little Girl In Northern Nigeria (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.