Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

I Hit My Wife - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hit My Wife (68074 Views)

Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! / I Hit My Husband By Mistake / I Hit My Wife , I Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hit My Wife by nairalanduseles: 10:35am On Dec 16, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
there will always be a boundary to what is acceptable from both kids and. my friend should know when to stop . my kids will be corrected with the cane if it get above a reasonable level

And you think that is right.....that you have no self control .......you need to re evaluate your life.......fear or intimidation does not amount to respect.......I have kids and I have NEVER hit them ......and they respect and love me genuinely........do not let the society u live in make u act like an animal.....you Will be ashamed of yourself when you start talking w/o civilized people...
Re: I Hit My Wife by daddytime(m): 10:36am On Dec 16, 2019
kodakred:

Versace shoes? @ daddytime

Not sure if the shoes where Versace though...a pix?
Re: I Hit My Wife by BlackLaw: 10:36am On Dec 16, 2019
Dupalmer:
In as much as I don't support domestic violence, your effort at apologizing and sincerely promising not to repeat it is more than enough to make you guys come back to normal if she's a reasonable woman.
don't call or beg her anymore else she will see a good stance to manipulate your sorry ass forever.
She will come back in a matter of days if you ignore her but if she doesn't, find a way to make yourself happy. You can't kill yourself over a trouble she ignited. She will loose if she tries to make it a hard or competitive game.

There are many ladies young and old with very good character that will be willing to marry as second, third and even fourth wife.
That's bad advice.
For the sake of the child, that marriage must be protected at all costs. This should teach you to always keep your emotions in check and to always communicate with her - a simple text explaining you'd be late would have prevented this situation.
Give it time and go back to her, what she is doing is not so far from the right thing to do, she has to take concrete steps to make you understand that domestic violence is unacceptable behaviour.
It usually starts with one innocent slap, then two, then God knows what... Give it time, then try again.
Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 16, 2019
bluefilm:
Hahahahahaha

If na me, na she go dey beg to come back because I no go ever try to call am again...

I have zero tolerance for women and their stupid rash behaviors.

Off course Blue film. You don't have real relationship. Na only for on top your laptop you dey ease yourself.
Re: I Hit My Wife by Myhusband(m): 10:38am On Dec 16, 2019
you're not losing anything bro, calm down or you don't pay her bride price

give her a break to think it over beside your going out by 2am is bad as husband. not even about your wife but safety

give her a break and go back later to the memory lane of how you hook her up, lobatan
Re: I Hit My Wife by Rosella1: 10:38am On Dec 16, 2019
I was happy reading the post until I finished reading and didn't see the part where you got beaten by them! angry
Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 16, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
How would you have felt if it was your wife who hanged out with her friends and came back by 2am? Any married man or woman who does things without considering the other partner is immature or simply wicked. Your wife's brother should have slapped you back, or is he a weak man? He should have slapped you ensuring that you bleed from your mouth and nose. As for your wife, continue to call her, send messages, give her more time, she will heal and return to you. It's very shameful that her brother was there and did not defend her, by slapping the st-pi---y outta your brains.
Lol
I pity your life...
I know you're only just seeking attention...
Very stùpid mentality...

2 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by bizhop01: 10:39am On Dec 16, 2019
If only about this, she was planning to leave you only waited for trigger.
Re: I Hit My Wife by spencekat(m): 10:40am On Dec 16, 2019
midnighter:
I dont think it can really be the way you painted it. How can it escalate to this point in less than a day Something was already wrong beforehand.

You shouldnt have slapped her!

AND She shouldnt have harassed you, followed you around the house and shouted at you. The point that you told her to leave you alone and she didnt was the point AT WHICH SHE OVERSTEPPED HER BOUNDARY.

Shouting at somebody and harassing them is STILL DOMESTIC ABUSE!

So the solution is to wait until everything calms down and calmly talk out your differences because she is the one who actually initiated it THOUGH YOU TOO DIDNT ACT WELL AND GAVE HER A WEAPON TO USE AGAINST YOU WITH HER FAMILY.

Be smarter next time o!
Yes,the woman was wrong by provoking him,but he would not have slapped her.

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by deltateam: 10:40am On Dec 16, 2019
Dupalmer:
In as much as I don't support domestic violence, your effort at apologizing and sincerely promising not to repeat it is more than enough to make you guys come back to normal if she's a reasonable woman.
don't call or beg her anymore else she will see a good stance to manipulate your sorry ass forever.
She will come back in a matter of days if you ignore her but if she doesn't, find a way to make yourself happy. You can't kill yourself over a trouble she ignited. She will loose if she tries to make it a hard or competitive game.

There are many ladies young and old with very good character that will be willing to marry as second, third and even fourth wife.

Over a trouble she ignited?
So you have already judged without seeing the woman's angle.

Who told you that op has not been acting irresponsible all along?

The breed of men being birthed these days amaze me truly. shocked
Re: I Hit My Wife by BRATISLAVA: 10:40am On Dec 16, 2019
Dupalmer:

She refused to rest when he was begging her to but suddenly rested when she got a slap. OK oo.

He should keep begging her until she comes around. I hear. goddess wife.
A virtuous woman could have called her husband to a peaceful dialoge rather than rant with angry words. Believe me a peaceful 5mins counsel could have been mightier than 2hours nagging.
It's not everyman that stands nagging.

When you remember how nice your woman is even when you offend her you'd make it a point of caution not to imagine offending her. Making her happy will be your top priority but when she wants prove rebellious my dear forget it.
If she Wan go let her go.

Lol. And can't men be virtuous? Your advice is so one-sided that it's ridiculous.
Re: I Hit My Wife by mokt(m): 10:40am On Dec 16, 2019
maryjames9:

You would rather preferred that the man knock out his wife everytime until her demise before families get involved. Let me ask you. Do you have a sister? Is that the way your Dad beats up your mother?

I have a sister but she is separated, both parents are late. However, I believe adults reporting themselves especially when it comes to relationships will only make things worse. A smack on the face is not the same as knock down my friend.
Re: I Hit My Wife by bukatyne(f): 10:40am On Dec 16, 2019
ITbomb:
I thank God for my in laws, they can never take action without hearing from me.
First question they will ask is, have you people made any attempt to settle within unasef without involving us?

Honestly,

Yorubas say you can marry a bad wife, you shouldn't dare to have bad in-laws.

If the brother is hot headed because of his youth, her mother cannot ask what happened and resolved?

I know someone who slapped his wife when they just wedded.

Madam reported to his uncle, that one called him and gave him a thunderous slap. Thereafter, begged wifey that they don't beat wives in their family and they learnt conflict resolution skills.

Today, their marriage is 40 years plus and such has never happened again.

2 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by theunnamed: 10:41am On Dec 16, 2019
emeijeh:
Your wife went too far for calling her people (after your very first slap)

Lol I don dead grin grin

Is this sarcasm? Are you hearing what you put down there

Na wa ooo.

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by midnighter(f): 10:41am On Dec 16, 2019
Vivonose:
let him continue begging
Begging no dey finish for market
Call her,call her mum,..if he really loves her,that's won't be a problem

He should appeal to her because she is really hurt but he has already shown remorse so I dont understand why she left.

I dont see how you can provoke somebody to the point of violence and then call your family to come and pick you.

If she is just tired of his behaviour generally then I can understand, but calling them on the basis of this particular incident is very unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by danot1030: 10:41am On Dec 16, 2019
I will never support any reason giving by any man for hitting a lady and not especially his wife. A coward hit a woman while his mate makes millions of dollars fighting men like them.

Next time if are going to calm a raging woman down you will need to first calm down your own nerve no matter the provocation. Anytime you you hit a woman you kills something in her, you kill her affection and respect for you and it will take you an extra and reassuring efforts to regain it back.

For your wife packing out with her family, that is not necessary but since it has happened, go with your family to plead with them and bring your wife back home.
Re: I Hit My Wife by thedio(m): 10:41am On Dec 16, 2019
@op u r wrong for leaving ur wife and kid at home to stay with work friend till around 2am. If u don't care about ur life,how about ur wife and the innocent kid

U apologized to her but she kept shouting ,did u notice that the little slap u gave her restored her factory settings. 'She went back to the bedroom and locked the door behind'.what she should av done to avoid the first slap.

She was very wrong for calling her family, ur mum is her best option.she should av called ur mum to report ur movement and not the slap so that if anything happens to u in future due to ur movement nobody will blame her.

Finally maintain ur champion don't beg her,don't inform anybody so that they will not plead on ur behalf.just let her be with her senseless mum and bro.if she like she will come back, make itself happy she will find her way home.

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by maeola(f): 10:41am On Dec 16, 2019
Oliver12Hodges:
Your wife is wrong, she tells everything to her family in vain. This is your own business. And all problems should be solved only by you. Then you had a fight, make peace tomorrow.
grin Yes , until the day, her corpse paints the whole picture for her family, it is the OP's business.
Re: I Hit My Wife by BRATISLAVA: 10:42am On Dec 16, 2019
Dupalmer:

She refused to rest when he was begging her to but suddenly rested when she got a slap. OK oo.

He should keep begging her until she comes around. I hear. goddess wife.
A[b] virtuous woman[/b] could have called her husband to a peaceful dialoge rather than rant with angry words. Believe me a peaceful 5mins counsel could have been mightier than 2hours nagging.
It's not everyman that stands nagging.

When you remember how nice your woman is even when you offend her you'd make it a point of caution not to imagine offending her. Making her happy will be your top priority but when she wants prove rebellious my dear forget it.
If she Wan go let her go.

Lol. And can't men be virtuous? Your advice is so one-sided that it's ridiculous. You have made excuses for appalling behavior. So the responsibility of dealing with bad behavior falls on the woman alone? The man can behave anyhow and she must stomach it to appease him? Everything women say is nagging? You're funny, but not in the hilarious way. Are you in any relationship at all with a slave for your "love"? Graxie, come and see this.
Re: I Hit My Wife by patjane(f): 10:43am On Dec 16, 2019
Mr man go beg ur wife.. if you take all this useless single faceless men talk here you’ll regret it later....

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 16, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Why is this bastarrrdd quoting me repeatedly? Listen, a husband that beats his wife is not worthy of his wife's love/respect. It is better a woman remains single/a widow than stay with a husband who beats her. That is my belief, I am very much correct. Only a mother/father who do not value their daughter would ignore the situation without intervening. A real man walks out of such situations, real men do not beat women.

I guess your senses skip that part he left the bed room for her, @2am he shuld leave to where, where wil d so called "real men" walk out to @ such time.
l agree the man acted irresponsible, shuld a reasonable woman nag even a real man to walk out @2am. that ur parent are on standby to help yu move ur load @every whistle blown doesnt mean ur parent value you more than those parent that guide there daughters to av a stable home n resolves issues when issues arises they caution in both parties.May God not give us immature parent. stop embrassing ur parents online.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hit My Wife by Fejimummy: 10:44am On Dec 16, 2019
why do I have a feeling that this was not the first time you are hitting her
Re: I Hit My Wife by bravesoul247(m): 10:45am On Dec 16, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
How would you have felt if it was your wife who hanged out with her friends and came back by 2am? Any married man or woman who does things without considering the other partner is immature or simply wicked. Your wife's brother should have slapped you back, or is he a weak man? He should have slapped you ensuring that you bleed from your mouth and nose. As for your wife, continue to call her, send messages, give her more time, she will heal and return to you. It's very shameful that her brother was there and did not defend her, by slapping the st-pi---y outta your brains.
agreed. But what about his apologies?

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 16, 2019
GraGra247:

Op, Please don't listen to this stupid advice.

Op you committed two crimes.

1. You came back home by 2am - a thing I'm certain you won't tolerate from your wife.

2. When she complained you had the guts to slap her to the extent she bled from her mouth and nose.

You deserve to be in jail.

Go and buy goat and 5 cartons of drinks to appease your inlaws and your wife else she shouldn't come back to you.

How old is this one?
Fk out of here!

2 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by seangy4konji: 10:45am On Dec 16, 2019
I have suffered in my youger days to be shouting at home later in life..

I made that decision. Early in life so that I can live long.

Goodluck begging your wife..
Re: I Hit My Wife by etrange: 10:45am On Dec 16, 2019
Afamed:

God would have packed us out if he has to go by your illustration. What happens to giving someone a second chance, especially when such person has apologised and he has no history of domestic violence?

Dude, let's not bring religion into this. What I stated was about relationship between humans as it relates to domestic violence.

Back to the issue at hand, a second chance is great. Especially if both parties are willing to give it when one misbehaves. That's why I used the expression "order of the day" which means continuous. The OP's wife doesn't have a history of nagging, why didn't he condone this one and give her another chance? He came back in the middle of the night without prior calls and when the wife expressed dissatisfaction, he ignored her. When she continued, he beat her up. Only then did he know there was something called apology/explanation. And then we expect her to just cry and swallow it so that she'll be called a virtuous woman whose duty is to compromise. When something happens to her tomorrow, we will be here asking "why didn't she speak up?".

I believe both parties should learn the art of second chance. But I also believe victims of domestic violence should confide in someone. Someone needs to know the true narrative in case the story changes tomorrow. Who else to confide in if not the mother?

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by Sammiejokes(m): 10:45am On Dec 16, 2019
I don't understand all this assumptions he does not respect the wife for hanging out till 2AM. He never said he did not inform the wife he is hanging out with friends. Marriage is not bondage, as long as I told my wife am going out with friends and a call or text sent I will be a bit late because you enjoying the company of friends. If you have a reasonable wife who knows this is a one off outing, she will not turn it into a fight in the middle of the night when you are intoxicated. I hope you find peace as you go through the tough time. You need God wisdom at this point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hit My Wife by Dee04(m): 10:46am On Dec 16, 2019
xendra:
SMH

2am? when it's not business?
she sabi shout, person like me wey no fit shout I no go open door atall. you wee sleep there.

anyway give it time and go back to begging her she would have calmed down and thought about her life, she will come back. unless she is convinced living without you is what's best for her.

You mean you won't open the door to your owned house or the man's house..
To live for that house don tire you na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Hit My Wife by Ladycewhy(f): 10:46am On Dec 16, 2019
Vivonose:
Am so disappointed at response of most of the guys on this platform,how would u feel if ur sister reported this case to u,Do u expect the woman to smile at her husband for returning home that late,and to make matters worse,he even slapped her,
And you think it's wrong for the family to intervene,what if while he slapped her,she fell,hit her head on the ground,and died..
Pls we need to call a spade,a spade and change from our insensitive ways
Let him continue to beg,he is very very wrong
these ones here are willing to throw their own sisters under the bus to maintain their bro code just so you know.

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by DaddyNimo(m): 10:47am On Dec 16, 2019
weak man, if you call to beg her again I'll send e swear for you. I hate a nagging woman and only slap reset their brains.

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by BRATISLAVA: 10:47am On Dec 16, 2019
freecocoahubby:

Thank you! I'm so sick of women's double standards and victim playing.

The woman kept following her husband up and down like a mad dog, shouting and insulting him - and he's expected to just sit there and keep silent like a veggie?

He is a human being and he reacted just like most people would... so annoyed that he was begging her sef, like she's some diety. Nonsense!
did the wife make him bleed? Or what are you comparing? You wouldn't say this if she fell dead. Or maybe you would. You would want to hear his side of the story that justifies drawing blood or murdering her. I hope if a woman drew blood you would agree and not say she took it too far.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (30) (Reply)

I Don’t Enjoy Sex With My Wife - Man Cries Out / Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding / Man Kills Big Catfish For His Wife To Celebrate The Birth Of Their Baby Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.