Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

I Hit My Wife - Family (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hit My Wife (68008 Views)

Out Of Rage, I Hit My Mum Yesterday! / I Hit My Husband By Mistake / I Hit My Wife , I Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hit My Wife by shestrong(f): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2019
Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 17, 2019
danot1030:

Since you says that to your father i take no offense.

You said you’ll never support any reason by a man to hit a woman (note you didn’t make reference to marriage but a general POV)

And I asked you what if the woman hit the man first and you started talking about how kids don’t understand discussions on marriage .... what’s the correlation between the statement you made and the question I asked you with marriage?

You just don’t have sense....
Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 17, 2019
blank:

Especially when it hits front page. grin

Nawah
Re: I Hit My Wife by shestrong(f): 12:05pm On Dec 17, 2019
Re: I Hit My Wife by Doktajay5: 12:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
shestrong:

Very reasonable comment.

Another empty head spotted. This one is a total loss to whichever family/coccun she crawled out from...
Re: I Hit My Wife by BRATISLAVA: 12:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
crackhaus:

In your haste to appear a genius, it eluded you so embarrassingly that the idea was never to equate similar situations, but instead to level the playing field and prevent against future occurrences brought on by cause & effect.
in your haste to appear a genius you are still afraid to answer: how are physical violence and screaming a level playing field ? Accept that your level field talk is pointless and stop aimlessly trying to argue out of it.

4 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by Queenmaker: 12:23pm On Dec 17, 2019
Dupalmer:
In as much as I don't support domestic violence, your effort at apologizing and sincerely promising not to repeat it is more than enough to make you guys come back to normal if she's a reasonable woman.
don't call or beg her anymore else she will see a good stance to manipulate your sorry ass forever.
She will come back in a matter of days if you ignore her but if she doesn't, find a way to make yourself happy. You can't kill yourself over a trouble she ignited. She will loose if she tries to make it a hard or competitive game.

There are many ladies young and old with very good character that will be willing to marry as second, third and even fourth wife.
Are you married? If not, please desist from giving such advice.
@OP,this is a public forum. Be careful how you solicit for advice here. You are married, many forum members are even yet to write JAMB.
Re: I Hit My Wife by BRATISLAVA: 12:26pm On Dec 17, 2019
RisenPhoenix:

You make a lot of assumptions which I never implied. My position is that one has the right to beat another. And in addition, no one has the right to expect another to debase himself before her.
so why sound like he has a right to beat her, apologize and she should accept it otherwise she is a bad person? The man should be in jail at the very least and you've somehow managed to make it about debasing himself.

4 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by danot1030: 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
Plead:

You said you’ll never support any reason by a man to hit a woman (note you didn’t make reference to marriage but a general POV)

And I asked you what if the woman hit the man first and you started talking about how kids don’t understand discussions on marriage .... what’s the correlation between the statement you made and the question I asked you with marriage?

You just don’t have sense....

I still will not take offense because you always say that to your father.
Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2019
BRATISLAVA:
so why sound like he has a right to beat her, apologize and she should accept it otherwise she is a bad person? The man should be in jail at the very least and you've somehow managed to make it about debasing himself.

The problem here seems to be comprehension. I never said she should accept his apology. I said the apologies he has made should be more than enough for her to forgive him; meaning if she's going to. Those asking him to go prostrating for her and kissing her feet so she can forgive him are asking him to debase himself and give up his self-respect. No one should be made to do that. One apology should be sufficient. If she doesn't agree, she should leave. It is not like she was entirely blameless.

And if you had read my original comment before rushing to debunk what you did not get fully, you would have seen that I do not believe in violence as a solution for marital issues.
Re: I Hit My Wife by midnighter(f): 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2019
BRATISLAVA:
in your haste to appear a genius you are still afraid to answer: how are physical violence and screaming a level playing field ? Accept that your level field talk is pointless and stop aimlessly trying to argue out of it.

Attempting to level the playing field is not the same as stating that 2 things are on a level playing field.

He is right; if OP would sign anything then she should also sign not to bully him and then he should sign again not to come back back late and then she should sign not to call her parents over nonsense. Na sign dem go con sign o

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by BRATISLAVA: 12:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
RisenPhoenix:

The problem here seems to be comprehension. I never said she should accept his apology. I said the apologies he has made should be more than enough for her to forgive him; meaning if she's going to. Those asking him to go prostrating for her and kissing her feet so she can forgive him are asking him to debase himself and give up his self-respect. No one should be made to do that. One apology should be sufficient. If she doesn't agree, she should leave. It is not like she was entirely blameless.

And if you had read my original comment before rushing to debunk what you did not get fully, you would have seen that I do not believe in violence as a solution for marital issues.
I agree. There's a comprehension problem here. You have made it clear in all your earlier posts that he is begging too much, and that his wife is too unforgiving of him beating her and drawing blood. Nobody should have to be beaten for voicing their opinion, whether you think they should or should not. If he has begged too much, then he has beaten too much. He has no right to be forgiven as you feel he is entitled to. If he wishes to debase himself begging, he is only doing it because he doesn't want to go to jail for giving her more than a split lip. You should've advised him to avoid criminal violence. Instead your pain is that he's to stop begging her. When you commit crimes you will debase yourself. That is what he's doing

3 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by BRATISLAVA: 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2019
midnighter:

Attempting to level the playing field is not the same as stating that 2 things are on a level playing field.

He is right; if OP would sign anything then she should also sign not to bully him and then he should sign again not to come back back late and then she should sign not to call her parents over nonsense. Na sign dem go con sign o
If she was to have beaten him for questioning her whereabouts at 2AM, you would switch the narrative.

I repeat, is the level field of physical violence the same as nagging? Evaluate that. I'm not interested in how you wish to twist that. Is it level or not?

Voicing opinion has turned to bullying. Lol. You people are such domestic violence apologists.

Have you forgotten that he should be in jail if he was to split the lip of anyone? And that he would do worse to anyone who split his lip? Yet you've created level fields on unbalanced actions to justify him.

They should sign to that so that she cannot express her fundamental right to speech while he expresses his criminal "right" to battery. Evaluate the two things carefully

. I know that Nigerians have no fundamental human rights and that is why people will equate battery to nagging and see justification in doing so. Try that in the West and report on the results.

6 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by shestrong(f): 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2019
Re: I Hit My Wife by midnighter(f): 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2019
BRATISLAVA:

If she was to have beaten him for questioning her whereabouts at 2AM, you would switch the narrative.

I repeat, is the level field of physical violence the same as nagging? Evaluate that. I'm not interested in how you wish to twist that. Is it level or not?

Voicing opinion has turned to bullying. Lol. You people are such domestic violence apologists.

Have you forgotten that he should be in jail if he was to split the lip of anyone? And that he would do worse to anyone who split his lip? Yet you've created level fields on unbalanced actions to justify him.

They should sign to that so that she cannot express her fundamental right to speech while he expresses his criminal "right" to battery. Evaluate the two things carefully

. I know that Nigerians have no fundamental human rights and that is why people will equate battery to nagging and see justification in doing so. Try that in the West and report on the results.

He didnt beat her for "questioning where he was at 2AM". He didnt beat her for "voicing an opinion". He didnt beat her for exercising her "fundamental human rights". He beat her, in an impulsive fit of irritation, for getting in his face when he already told her to leave him alone.

If things were the other way around I would still be saying the same thing. The issue is not the 2AM again, the issue is the act of harassing somebody who is already trying to avoid you. You dont have any right to encroach on somebodys personal space and scream into their ears, no matter how angry you are. You dont! Its also a "fundamental human right" to live without harassment, do you know that?

The moment you do that, you have forfeited some part of your moral high ground.

You keep misunderstanding the term "level the playing field"

crackhaus:

In your haste to appear a genius, it eluded you so embarrassingly that the idea was never to equate similar situations, but instead to level the playing field and prevent against future occurrences brought on by cause & effect.

Level the playing field is using a verb whilst youre taking it as a level playing field which is a noun. The person you quoted already stated that he wasnt trying to equate violence and nagging, but youre still asking if theyre the same.

Physical violence is not "level" with nagging. But in an attempt to make things fairer, which is what "level the playing field" means, you must take into account the provocation that led to the assault.

Even if he were to go to jail, due to provocation the sentence he would receive would be less than the sentence he would receive if he had just entered the house and started beating her up.

And that "split lip" stuff is just an emotive statement because if you slap somebody on their mouth, their lip will hit their teeth and split. If you slap with the same level of force on their cheek, they wont necessarily bleed will they

So that she's bleeding or not bleeding isnt even the point here because we dont know what the damage is until we see a photograph and get a medical report.

Nigerians or no Nigerians, what youre saying is just not fair.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hit My Wife by Emmanuelhector(m): 1:13pm On Dec 17, 2019
shestrong:

With this ur comment bro ur brain is definitely lighter.
Don't vex ma, my brain is lighter tongue
Re: I Hit My Wife by IkennaDavid1(m): 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
Dupalmer:
In as much as I don't support domestic violence, your effort at apologizing and sincerely promising not to repeat it is more than enough to make you guys come back to normal if she's a reasonable woman.
don't call or beg her anymore else she will see a good stance to manipulate your sorry ass forever.
She will come back in a matter of days if you ignore her but if she doesn't, find a way to make yourself happy. You can't kill yourself over a trouble she ignited. She will loose if she tries to make it a hard or competitive game.

There are many ladies young and old with very good character that will be willing to marry as second, third and even fourth wife.

Seriously God should just bless u for me....

U just spoke my mind..

When she was busy pushing him to the wall, was she expecting juice from the freezer?

Those same people will come out on social media tomorrow and cook up stories of someone abandoning his wife in her parents house.

2 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by Dupalmer: 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2019
Queenmaker:

Are you married? If not, please desist from giving such advice.
@OP,this is a public forum. Be careful how you solicit for advice here. You are married, many forum members are even yet to write JAMB.
Yes I am happily married but not to a nagging woman or wicked trouble maker and manipulator

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by AdedoyinO(f): 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
SEGLIZ:

Doyin this one you looking for all the side of or to the story so, the weather is not so friendly o. the heat might end up turning everywhere into bakery oven o.
just one side of the story is enough to tell us the whole story, women could be but a man that can't keep his cool is worse.
but the woman got it wrong inviting her family members. the mother and brother don't mean her well, she should have informed her husband family first before involving hers.
it's been as long while, how is your family (particularly the young one) doing? á tí máa claim title o.

Ok o my brother. Make heat no dey anywhere. If this his is first time of hitting her, it is better nibbed in the bud before it becomes something else. Involving her family might be extreme though but her elder bro is also a man....

Family is fine. Young boy done dey do shakara. How are you sir

2 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by SEGLIZ: 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2019
AdedoyinO:

Ok o my brother. Make heat no dey anywhere. If this his is first time of hitting her, it is better nibbed in the bud before it becomes something else. Involving her family might be extreme though but her elder bro is also a man....

Family is fine. Young boy done dey do shakara. How are you sir

we keep thanking God, though things can still get better.
Merry Christmas and A Profitable Year Ahead of 2020 and Beyond.
kindly tell the young man to please remember to send me the chicken waka (esè ádìye) while he keeps the remaining. that's if I've not ask much.
Re: I Hit My Wife by Queenmaker: 2:04pm On Dec 17, 2019
Dupalmer:

Yes I am happily married but not to a nagging woman or wicked trouble maker and manipulator
Glad to know you are happily married. That's the more reason why you shouldn't add more fuel to the fire in another man's marriage, giving him option of infidelity rather than a mature approach to things. The truth is, marriage is sacred. The moment you think you have an option apart from your God-given spouse, then you've pushed God aside to depend on your own wisdom.
May God have mercy on this generation.

4 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2019
BRATISLAVA:

I agree. There's a comprehension problem here. You have made it clear in all your earlier posts that he is begging too much, and that his wife is too unforgiving of him beating her and drawing blood. Nobody should have to be beaten for voicing their opinion. If he has begged too much, then he has beaten too much. He has no right to be forgiven. If he wishes to debase himself begging, he is only doing it because he doesn't want to go to jail for giving her more than a split lip. You should've advised him to avoid criminal violence. Instead your pain is that he's to stop begging her. When you commit crimes you will debase yourself. That is what he's doing

So you are a woman. I thought you were a man which is why I replied you in the first place.

I am not saying he has a right to be forgiven. I am saying he has a right to his self respect. You are thinking there's a chance of him going to jail? Dream on. The police will probably laugh her out if she tries to get him arrested and that is not even the issue here. Even the threat of jail should not make him lose his self-respect. Nothing should. If she decides not to forgive him, she should leave; as she has. He should leave her there or go through her father (if he's more rational than his wife and daughter) to enquire what is the next step. That was my advice, and that is all I have to say. You can't tell me what to advice him. Write your own advice and stop trying to amend mine.

And she wasn't just trying to 'voice her opinion'. She was actually harrassing him after he repeatedly asked her to leave him alone.

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by Dupalmer: 2:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
Queenmaker:

Glad to know you are happily married. That's the more reason why you shouldn't add more fuel to the fire in another man's marriage, giving him option of infidelity rather than a mature approach to things. The truth is, marriage is sacred. The moment you think you have an option apart from your God-given spouse, then you've pushed God aside to depend on your own wisdom.
May God have mercy on this generation.
God may just be saving him from a manipulator. It's obvious she's not ready for marriage so let him look for a wife. Let her mom and brother marry her.
Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ekene161829:
I did something I really regret. My wife and I have an amazing marriage, 2 years of marriage and we are blessed with a 7-month-old baby girl.

She is 28 and I almost 33. Last Saturday I got invited to go out by some of my work friends , I got home late 2am, so madam wasn't happy. She was yelling at me, throwing hands and screaming at me. I ignored her and left the room to the living room but she followed me and I asked her to leave me alone but she kept going which made me angry.

I took the back of my hand and gave her a slap on the mouth. She cried out and held her face and started crying and her lips was bleeding. I didn't intentionally hurt her, I just wanted to calm her down since ignoring her was not working. I said sorry, and I was literally on my knees begging her. I tried to hold her but she refused.
The rest of the night was me repeating apology or i didn't mean to hurt you. She ignored me . She went into our room and locked the door.

She was in there for a long time and the next morning, her mother and older brother was at the house and she came out of the room with her and our baby stuff and she said she was leaving me for good. I told her how sorry I was but her mother told me to get out of their faces and they left the house.

I feel so ashamed and I've never done anything like this before and I never thought I would. I don't want to loose my wife and baby. I need both of them back. Should I attempt to contact her?

What do I do?

Many families have been ruined irreversibly because one person was too proud to apologize. Keep texting her and apologizing. Call her family and go there to visit them with an elder in your family. Just beg and apologize because the longer it is the harder it will become. Also please note that you will be very lucky if this was not the first time this happened and she takes you back
Re: I Hit My Wife by shestrong(f): 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
grin
Emmanuelhector:
Don't vex ma, my brain is lighter tongue
Re: I Hit My Wife by midnighter(f): 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2019
RisenPhoenix:

Hmm...so you can refuse to apologise after a first apology doesnt work Is that not a tad unrealistic?

Sometimes an apology is like a chisel and the person's heart is like an apple trapped in a block of ice...so the repeated apology will keep chipping away at the ice until you reach what you want

The problem was not refusing to accept the repeated begging. Apologising or kneeling for somebody repeatedly doesnt mean that youve given up on your self-respect. It actually takes high self-esteem to be able to do that

The problem is calling her family into the matter when she instigated the beating in the first place.

Are you objecting to the fact that he begged her and she's not responding or that people are telling him to also beg his in-laws? I read your comments but I dont understand
Re: I Hit My Wife by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
midnighter:

Hmm...so you can refuse to apologise after a first apology doesnt work Is that not a tad unrealistic?

Sometimes an apology is like a chisel and the person's heart is like an apple trapped in a block of ice...so the repeated apology will keep chipping away at the ice until you reach what you want

The problem was not refusing to accept the repeated begging. Apologising or kneeling for somebody repeatedly doesnt mean that youve given up on your self-respect. It actually takes high self-esteem to be able to do that

The problem is calling her family into the matter when she instigated the beating in the first place.

Are you objecting to the fact that he begged her and she's not responding or that people are telling him to also beg his in-laws? I read your comments but I dont understand

I am objecting to the fact that he's grovelling before her as if she's some minor deity. So she provoked him, he reacted a little too excessively and has already over apologised for the excess. She should either get over it or move on.

And it is not a measure of self esteem to be lowering yourself to be grovelling before your fellow human.
Re: I Hit My Wife by BRATISLAVA: 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2019
RisenPhoenix:

So you are a woman. I thought you were a man which is why I replied you in the first place.

I am not saying he has a right to be forgiven. I am saying he has a right to his self respect. You are thinking there's a chance of him going to jail? Dream on. The police will probably laugh her out if she tries to get him arrested and that is not even the issue here. Even the threat of jail should not make him lose his self-respect. Nothing should. If she decides not to forgive him, she should leave; as she has. He should leave her there or go through her father (if he's more rational than his wife and daughter) to enquire what is the next step. That was my advice, and that is all I have to say. You can't tell me what to advice him. Write your own advice and stop trying to amend mine.

And she wasn't just trying to 'voice her opinion'. She was actually harrassing him after he repeatedly asked her to leave him alone.
so you are a woman. I'm astonished. I thought I have been talking to a man.
Re: I Hit My Wife by BRATISLAVA: 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2019
RisenPhoenix:

so you are a woman? I'm astonished. I thought I have been talking to a man. No wonder communication has been difficult.
Re: I Hit My Wife by midnighter(f): 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2019
RisenPhoenix:

I am objecting to the fact that he's grovelling before her as if she's some minor deity. So she provoked him, he reacted a little too excessively and has already over apologised for the excess. She should either get over it or move on.

And it is not a measure of self esteem to be lowering yourself to be grovelling before your fellow human.

That's what I don't understand; are you objecting to the apologies he gave already or the extra apologies he is being urged to give?

Being able to lower yourself for the sake of somebody you have wronged is definitely a measure of self-esteem. The issue is the motivation behind it. Are you doing it because you feel that you can't survive without the person or because you understand that the other person has been hurt and you want to restore the relationship?

Personally I think that his apology should at least have been enough to prevent her from calling her people, even if she would still be frosty with him around the house.

Calling her family and packing out was the overreaction here and not refusing to accept the apology. In any situation the injured party is free to take their time to evaluate their feelings before accepting or rejecting an apology, within reason

1 Like

Re: I Hit My Wife by crackhaus: 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
midnighter:

You keep misunderstanding the term "level the playing field"

Level the playing field is using a verb whilst youre taking it as a level playing field which is a noun. The person you quoted already stated that he wasnt trying to equate violence and nagging, but youre still asking if theyre the same.

Physical violence is not "level" with nagging. But in an attempt to make things fairer, which is what "level the playing field" means, you must take into account the provocation that led to the assault.

Even if he were to go to jail, due to provocation the sentence he would receive would be less than the sentence he would receive if he had just entered the house and started beating her up.

And that "split lip" stuff is just an emotive statement because if you slap somebody on their mouth, their lip will hit their teeth and split. If you slap with the same level of force on their cheek, they wont necessarily bleed will they

So that she's bleeding or not bleeding isnt even the point here because we dont know what the damage is until we see a photograph and get a medical report.

Nigerians or no Nigerians, what youre saying is just not fair.
You're a darling midnighter, a fùcking shinning wrapped red-ribboned box of darling-ness.

You schooled that "genius" more than I ever would have had the patience for.

3 Likes

Re: I Hit My Wife by midnighter(f): 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2019
crackhaus:

You're a darling midnighter, a fùcking shinning wrapped red-ribboned box of darling-ness.

You schooled that "genius" more than I ever would have had the patience for.

I cant believe the level of sentimentality abounding in this thread.

How can you wilfully ignore a clear case of provocation just to prove a point? This is exactly why domestic violence victims are not taken seriously.

I dont know if its some kind of misplaced or warped idea of feminism or what but I cant understand it at all. People should respect their boundaries if they dont want to invite trouble, simple!

Even in nursery schools the teacher will ask why one of them beat the other one. But apparently screaming in somebodys face in the middle of the night is simply "expressing your opinion" smh

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Who Posed With 20,000 Bees In Maternity Shoot Had Stillbirth(Pic / 30 Years Old No Marriage No Kids, I Cry To Bed Daily... / I Don’t Enjoy Sex With My Wife - Man Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.