Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China (7569 Views)

Isa Jere Idris Disguises As Passport Applicant, Catches Corrupt Officials / BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot / FG Shielding Akpabio From Prosecution For Corrupt Allegation ― Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 16, 2019
igbesachick:

sinopec is the epitome of that pathetic china, which looks formidable from afar.

no matter what, sinopec has no right to explore or exploit any oilfield in any country except china. that explains everything.

it is a compliable and docile buyer , the west oil suppliers call the shot.

china can not even secure its energy safety. if shell or exxon stop supplying oil for a month, china is bankrupt.

So how come they are rated num 2 globally? Besides there are several chinese coorporations up there but...where is the giant of africa?
https://fortune.com/global500/2019/search/
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 7:11am On Dec 16, 2019
kattytamer:

CRCC I meant to say, we cant even run a mail post system efficiently and you are here bad mouthing china? Where your goods seized by chinese officials or something How many refineries do our own NNPC run efficiently with our better 9/10 corrupt officials vs chinese 10/10 corrupt fellas according to you?

And how can you call sinopec group a dwarf when its the 2nd largest coorporation in the world in terms of revenue and profit? Where are you from dude?

well , china indeed executed one or two perfunctories.

what a pity ! those one or two are the most upright officials among the corrupts, because no other cronies (corrupt friends) come to their help.

china executes the man most upright and least deserved to die.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 16, 2019
igbesachick:

well , china indeed executed one or two perfunctories.

what a pity ! those one or two are the most upright officials among the corrupts, because no other cronies (corrupt friends) come to their help.

china executes the man most upright and least deserved to die.
Pleaaassseee spare the humor, we dont need any more propaganda here. How many of ours have ever been jailed?

1 Like

Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 7:16am On Dec 16, 2019
kattytamer:

So how come they are rated num 2 globally? Besides there are several chinese coorporations up there but...where is the giant of africa?

the same reason as how come china has second largest economy in the world while its average GDP per capita is a paltry 8000 dollars per year.

ps: nigeria is 2300 dollars, japan is 47000 dollars, usa is 65000 dollars.

by the way, china has another name, the ant empire, try to figure out its meaning.

1 Like

Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 7:21am On Dec 16, 2019
kattytamer:

china has 1400 million people

if sinopec wheedles 1 dollar out of each chinese, it has 1400 million dollar revunue.

do you think this world is this easy ?

then, every country just sits back, and encourages their women to bear more children, and they win.

hope you nigerian do not learn this logic from ant empire china.

1 Like

Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by nairaman66(m): 7:22am On Dec 16, 2019
rottennaija:

His point is, we are all shouting China China China when we know nothing about it. Its like me staying in Akwa Ibom to praise Sanwo Olu as the best Gov in Nigeria while those in Lagos know he is not doing anything.

Maybe the OP is living overseas! How then does he gives us the China narratives trying to suite the Nigerian mess we are currently in?

In China, their citizens have access to the basic amenities for living. Nigeria is a jungle and an animal farm with total disregard to the foundations of human sanctity! It is an insult to make comparation between China and Nigeria. Please disembark quickly from such thinking! Thanks

1 Like

Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 7:24am On Dec 16, 2019
Born2Breed:
We once had this discussion in a yahoogroup forum.

Corruption in Nigeria is over emphasized. Bad as it is but not the major problem we are bedevilled with.

The world super power are more corrupt than Nigeria but it doesn't take center stage over there.

We will get there someday.

if a super power is a country infested with corruption, then it is not a real super power. and no reason to learn anything from it. a bad teacher with an uncertain future.

china being a back up , is because usa is too great to be a single reliable partner.

maybe this is the caprice of human psychology. always want a back up, even a bad one.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by backnbeta(f): 7:25am On Dec 16, 2019
igbesachick:

nigeria is not half as much as china, it is more than that. china is not that good, nigeria is not that bad.

your glorification of china is an evidence that you know nothing of china, and this i m trying to change by threads like this one, by revealing some real facets of china.

anyway, you are not that naive to admire these jails , are you?

Who is glorifying China? Def not me. Corruption is a big problem in China, agreed. However, I know enough about China to know that as many as they are, they have quality control, they also punish corrupt officials in their own way.

The few places I've visited in China show evidence of a working government; that's what we ask for here. If their corrupt officials steal 60, I'm guessing they'll use 40 for the country. In Nigeria, they steal 80 and use 20 for us...80 out of nothing for that matter.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 16, 2019
igbesachick:

the same reason as how come china has second largest economy in the world while its average GDP per capita is a paltry 8000 dollars per year.

ps: nigeria is 2300 dollars, japan is 47000 dollars, usa is 65000 dollars.

by the way, china has another name, the ant empire, try to figure out its meaning.
The point is they have been able to manage their resources efficiently with their "worse" corruption compared to ours thats called the poverty capital of the world...if the value of crude oil drops further than $30/barrel what happens to us? Do you think our economy cum gdp per capital would catch up with the chinese any soon?
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 7:35am On Dec 16, 2019
kattytamer:

Pleaaassseee spare the humor, we dont need any more propaganda here. How many of ours have ever been jailed?

that is not humor, it is how it is.

only the unprotected small pawns are sacrificed. the big fish are still there.

amother humor , listen to this....

nigeria has an economy equivalent to one or two biggest cities in china. i bet there is some chinese thieve with high finesse has embezzled the wealth of half of nigeria's annual output. since they are at large in china, why put the small pickpockets in nigeria in jail ?
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by rottennaija(m): 7:36am On Dec 16, 2019
nairaman66:

Maybe the OP is living overseas! How then does he gives us the China narratives trying to suite the Nigerian mess we are currently in?

In China, their citizens have access to the basic amenities for living. Nigeria is a jungle and an animal farm with total disregard to the foundations of human sanctity! It is an insult to make comparation between China and Nigeria. Please disembark quickly from such thinking! Thanks

I think you are getting ahead if yourself. He is not making making comparison neither is he try to suite the mess we are seeing here.

He is simply telling us that we do not hear all about China.

1 Like

Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 7:41am On Dec 16, 2019
nairaman66:

but since you dont know china and you just hear or imagine it is good, how can you say they are not comparable ?
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by nairaman66(m): 7:42am On Dec 16, 2019
rottennaija:

I think you are getting ahead if yourself. He is not making making comparison neither is he try to suite the mess we are seeing here.

He is simply telling us that we do not hear all about China.

I think you are the one getting ahead of yourself speaking for the OP. There are hundreds of countries the OP would have choose for his little experimentations! My message was for the OP, quit quoting me. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 7:46am On Dec 16, 2019
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 7:46am On Dec 16, 2019
backnbeta:

Who is glorifying China? Def not me. Corruption is a big problem in China, agreed. However, I know enough about China to know that as many as they are, they have quality control, they also punish corrupt officials in their own way.

The few places I've visited in China show evidence of a working government; that's what we ask for here. If their corrupt officials steal 60, I'm guessing they'll use 40 for the country. In Nigeria, they steal 80 and use 20 for us...80 out of nothing for that matter.

maybe they steal only 60, but the whole cake is much larger than nigeria, so, that 60 is more than your 100. and chinese have so large a population, imagine that mayhem and agony

1 Like

Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 16, 2019
igbesachick:

that is not humor, it is how it is.

only the unprotected small pawns are sacrificed. the big fish are still there.

amother humor , listen to this....

nigeria has an economy equivalent to one or two biggest cities in china. i bet there is some chinese thieve with high finesse has embezzled the wealth of half of nigeria's annual output. since they are at large in china, why put the small pickpockets in nigeria in jail ?
No one said every chinese goes by the name the pope, but with all that they are far ahead of us. Yes their govt may be repressive as is expected of a unitary communist state, but are they better off than we are?
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:48am On Dec 16, 2019
Your country exports crude oil and imports petrol and diesel, y'all should just hide your face somewhere.

Why are those prisons better looking than most universities ?
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 7:51am On Dec 16, 2019
nairaman66:

but since you dont know china and you just hear or imagine it is good, how can you say they are not comparable ?

1 Like

Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by nairaman66(m): 7:51am On Dec 16, 2019
igbesachick:

My argument is simple! The standard of living in China cannot be compared with Nigeria! Secondly, I cannot agree with you that China is corrupt! With all their visible developmental strides, great economy, one of the best Asian countries in terms of military might and so on! It is unfair to make comparation between Nigeria and China.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 7:54am On Dec 16, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
Your country exports crude oil and imports petrol and diesel, y'all should just hide your face somewhere.

Why are those prisons better looking than most universities ?

hahahah , china is the biggest raw iron ore exporter and also biggest refined steel importer.

because china has no ability to make good quality steel , they need to import from japan.

no shame for nigerian. crude oil is not refined oil.

1 Like

Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 7:59am On Dec 16, 2019
kattytamer:

The point is they have been able to manage their resources efficiently with their "worse" corruption compared to ours thats called the poverty capital of the world...if the value of crude oil drops further than $30/barrel what happens to us? Do you think our economy cum gdp per capital would catch up with the chinese any soon?

see, you know the power of the caucasian companies, shell , exxon.... , they cut both ends, from the source of the crude oil in nigeria to the final market of china.

even sinopec hopes to break this white prerogative by drilling holes alone in nigeria, but it just cant !
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:02am On Dec 16, 2019
No shame?
Chinese steel is threatening American steel.
All the steel we used for those trains are from China, I really don't understand your point but it's 2019 and Nigeria still can't figure out its electricity dilemma

You would hardly meet any youth I'm Nigeria that earns N400k per month.

Things that happens in Nigeria only happens in war torn countries like Iraq.

As you carry ur jerry can to buy fuel while dodging potholes ruminate on the state of Nigeria

igbesachick:

hahahah , china is the biggest raw iron ore exporter and also biggest refined steel importer.

because china has no ability to make good quality steel , they need to import from japan.

no shame for nigerian. crude oil is not refined oil.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 8:08am On Dec 16, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
No shame?
Chinese steel is threatening American steel.
All the steel we used for those trains are from China, I really don't understand your point but it's 2019 and Nigeria still can't figure out its electricity dilemma

You would hardly meet any youth I'm Nigeria that earns N400k per month.

Things that happens in Nigeria only happens in war torn countries like Iraq.

As you carry ur jerry can to buy fuel while dodging potholes ruminate on the state of Nigeria

china steel is for basic uses, such as the basins, the beds. japan steel is for endurance and strength, for higher fields.

i dont know america produce steel, they must also import from japan if for high fields.

that is why china is busy dumping cheap ironwares to africa while importing good quality steel stuff from developed countries.

2 Likes

Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 16, 2019
igbesachick:

see, you know the power of the caucasian companies, shell , exxon.... , they cut both ends, from the source of the crude oil in nigeria to the final market of china.

even sinopec hopes to break this white prerogative by drilling holes alone in nigeria, but it just cant !
Where do you get your stories from dude? Sinopec is far bigger than you think with several oil wells in nigeria and the rest of the world.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 8:13am On Dec 16, 2019
kattytamer:

Where do you get your stories from dude? Sinopec is far bigger than you think with several oil wells in nigeria and the rest of the world.

come on, just wiki sinopec, and check whether it has any oversea oilfields under its direct management. if no, it has to buy. simple like that.

shell is dangote, sonopec is the dangote trailer driver, who is richer? of course damgote drivers have more people, but that does not count.

sinopec is distributing oil from the few monopolies to the chinese consummers

1 Like

Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by rottennaija(m): 8:20am On Dec 16, 2019
nairaman66:

I think you are the one getting ahead of yourself speaking for the OP. There are hundreds of countries the OP would have choose for his little experimentations! My message was for the OP, quit quoting me. Cheers

We are not quarrelling, are we?
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 16, 2019
kattytamer:

CRCC I meant to say, we cant even run a mail post system efficiently and you are here bad mouthing china? Where your goods seized by chinese officials or something How many refineries do our own NNPC run efficiently with our better 9/10 corrupt officials vs chinese 10/10 corrupt fellas according to you?

And how can you call sinopec group a dwarf when its the 2nd largest coorporation in the world in terms of revenue and profit? Where are you from dude?

So because it makes a lot of profit, it's now successful? Jesu! Let me tell you something. You will become a billionaire if you are the only on in Nigeria that sells pure water in the country even if you import them.

I hope you get the sense in that.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 16, 2019
nairaman66:

My argument is simple! The standard of living in China cannot be compared with Nigeria! Secondly, I cannot agree with you that China is corrupt! With all their visible developmental strides, great economy, one of the best Asian countries in terms of military might and so on! It is unfair to make a comparation between Nigeria and China.

You are a funny person

If china makes $500 billion in tax for a month and spends $100 billion on projects while $400 billion is stolen compared to Nigeria which makes $10 billion a month to spend $9 billion while $1 billion is stolen.

The most corrupt will be the most developed but it's still the most corrupt.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:39am On Dec 16, 2019
Bro what exactly is the point of this thread??

"In 2011 China was the largest producer of steel in the world producing 45% of the world's steel, 683 million tons, an increase of 9% from 2010. 6 of 10 of largest steel producers in the world are in China".
https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
Steel industry in China - Wikipedia

igbesachick:

china steel is for basic uses, such as the basins, the beds. japan steel is for endurance and strength, for higher fields.

i dont know america produce steel, they must also import from japan if for high fields.

that is why china is busy dumping cheap ironwares to africa while importing good quality steel stuff from developed countries.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by ABCthingx: 9:12am On Dec 16, 2019
Can all this ITK shut up and let op tell us what we don't know about China?
Abi kini problem yin gan na? angry
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 16, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

So because it makes a lot of profit, it's now successful? Jesu! Let me tell you something. You will become a billionaire if you are the only on in Nigeria that sells pure water in the country even if you import them.

I hope you get the sense in that.
Is sinopec efficient...like our own NNPC and its refineries Despite the high level of corruption in china you say?
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 16, 2019
igbesachick:

come on, just wiki sinopec, and check whether it has any oversea oilfields under its direct management. if no, it has to buy. simple like that.

shell is dangote, sonopec is the dangote trailer driver, who is richer? of course damgote drivers have more people, but that does not count.

sinopec is distributing oil from the few monopolies to the chinese consummers
Please quote me when our less corrupt nigeria has just one coorporation in the worlds top 10 biggest, corrupt China has 3 in the top 5 for 2019. Do you think this bothers the west? If they are as corrupt as you make it seem I dont think they would have come this far.
Your argument for monopoly is floored if you put our beloved NEPA, Nipost, Nitel etc into comsideration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Railway Workers To Embark On Three-Day Warning Strike / Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana / Obi Of Owa Backs Military Action In Niger-delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.