Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China (7570 Views)

Isa Jere Idris Disguises As Passport Applicant, Catches Corrupt Officials / BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot / FG Shielding Akpabio From Prosecution For Corrupt Allegation ― Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by nairaman66(m): 10:08am On Dec 16, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

You are a funny person

If china makes $500 billion in tax for a month and spends $100 billion on projects while $400 billion is stolen compared to Nigeria which makes $10 billion a month to spend $9 billion while $1 billion is stolen.

The most corrupt will be the most developed but it's still the most corrupt.

It is sad to know that people like you would go out and say you’re educated! How do you arrive at these figures above? What is your benchmark?

For me, I used their economy and standard of living as a benchmark. Please do not go out with these your analysis, as you will embarrass yourself woefully.

If the most corrupt country is the most developed as your assertion, Nigeria is the most corrupt country in Africa, does it mean Nigeria is the most developed?
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 10:38am On Dec 16, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
Bro what exactly is the point of this thread??

"In 2011 China was the largest producer of steel in the world producing 45% of the world's steel, 683 million tons, an increase of 9% from 2010. 6 of 10 of largest steel producers in the world are in China".
https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
Steel industry in China - Wikipedia

china also contributes 99% of the shoddy and cheap shoes in the whole world. but nice and good quality shoes chinese rich people wear , are imported from developed countries.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by fk001(m): 10:50am On Dec 16, 2019
kattytamer:
This is why africa would always be backward, what exactly is your point oga? Have you ever heard of CNCC, sinopec, etc?

Can't you buttress your point without emphasizing how backward is Africa?
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 10:53am On Dec 16, 2019
kattytamer:

Please quote me when our less corrupt nigeria has just one coorporation in the worlds top 10 biggest, corrupt China has 3 in the top 5 for 2019. Do you think this bothers the west? If they are as corrupt as you make it seem I dont think they would have come this far.
Your argument for monopoly is floored if you put our beloved NEPA, Nipost, Nitel etc into comsideration.

well, then, china is as bad as nigeria, if not worse, by the standard of japan or finland.

if i am a finland people,i can hardly see the differences between these two countries.

as to why a more corrupt country could access more development, it has many reasons

1) this development is temporary, and myopic, and could bring more serious disarsters ,

2) it already pays in some invisible ways, such as environment pollution, the violation and dismemberment of social fabrics,

3) although chinese corrupt more, they still realize the importance of health care and education and transport system , which will feedback the economy.

but for a long run,china mode is a farce and fiasco.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 10:57am On Dec 16, 2019
kattytamer:

Please quote me when our less corrupt nigeria has just one coorporation in the worlds top 10 biggest, corrupt China has 3 in the top 5 for 2019. Do you think this bothers the west? If they are as corrupt as you make it seem I dont think they would have come this far.
Your argument for monopoly is floored if you put our beloved NEPA, Nipost, Nitel etc into comsideration.

and what is wrong with nepa ... etc ? do you enjoy their monopoly or they handle their prerogative so immature that they miss many chances to fleece you?
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 11:01am On Dec 16, 2019
nairaman66:

It is sad to know that people like you would go out and say you’re educated! How do you arrive at these figures above? What is your benchmark?

For me, I used their economy and standard of living as a benchmark. Please do not go out with these your analysis, as you will embarrass yourself woefully.

If the most corrupt country is the most developed as your assertion, Nigeria is the most corrupt country in Africa, does it mean Nigeria is the most developed?

that depends on how much money a guy embezzles and how much percentage of the money in the exchequer he embezzles.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:16am On Dec 16, 2019
It's called demand!
How many Nigerians for example can afford Italian shoes!!! Those are luxury products. Just like Range Rover Sport.

Your post is pointless sir!

igbesachick:

china also contributes 99% of the shoddy and cheap shoes in the whole world. but nice and good quality shoes chinese rich people wear , are imported from developed countries.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 11:37am On Dec 16, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
It's called demand!
How many Nigerians for example can afford Italian shoes!!! Those are luxury products. Just like Range Rover Sport.

Your post is pointless sir!

ok, i put it in a more specific way, if a chinese worker wears a pair of made-in-china safety shoes in a hydraulic pressure machine workshop, his feet probably would be crushed to a mess if there is an accident. that is why all chinese workers want , not demand , to wear made-in-germany safety shoes.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:45am On Dec 16, 2019
If you buy cheap German safety shoes it would melt.
Same way if you buy expensive Chinese products you would get quality.
The reason people order Chinese is because the world is populated by poor people, forget all the glitz and glam that's for less that 20% of the world's population.
Without China, things like washing machines, TV, etc would only be found in the houses of the rich, remember when Africans could only afford used electronics, shoes and cars from Europe?
You can hate China but it serves its purpose and it is organized, not too long ago China was not too different from Nigeria,
Struggling with electricity, food, roads, ports etc

Stop hating bro! The west would never build your country for you, you got

igbesachick:

ok, i put it in a more specific way, if a chinese worker wears a pair of made-in-china safety shoes in a hydraulic pressure machine workshop, his feet probably would be crushed to a mess if there is an accident. that is why all chinese workers want , not demand , to wear made-in-germany safety shoes.

Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 11:52am On Dec 16, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
The reason people order Chinese is because the world is populated by poor people, forget all the glitz and glam that's for less that 20% of the world's population.
Without China, things like washing machines, TV, etc would only be found in the houses of the rich, remember when Africans could only afford used electronics, shoes and cars from Europe?
You can hate China but it serves its purpose and it is organized, not too long ago China was not too different from Nigeria,

hahahah, can you enumerate 1 item that is created/invented by modern chinese ? none !

so, copycats /pirate produce is of higher quality ?! what sort of logic?

some products china has no techology to make , no matter how much money it is offered.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 16, 2019
nairaman66:

You claim to be school and you don't know what "if" stands for?

How were you able to pass mathematics in school?

That said, the assumption was used to show you what numerical strength can achieve.

Why do you think Nigeria is seen by many as an African giant?

Corruption can be ignored if the volume of funds available is more than the fund needed. That is the essence of the post.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 16, 2019
igbesachick:

well, then, china is as bad as nigeria, if not worse, by the standard of japan or finland.

if i am a finland people,i can hardly see the differences between these two countries.

as to why a more corrupt country could access more development, it has many reasons

1) this development is temporary, and myopic, and could bring more serious disarsters ,

2) it already pays in some invisible ways, such as environment pollution, the violation and dismemberment of social fabrics,

3) although chinese corrupt more, they still realize the importance of health care and education and transport system , which will feedback the economy.

but for a long run,china mode is a farce and fiasco.

How do you relate your 3rd point with your closing remark? A country that realise the importance of healthcare and education is on a fiasco in the long run? Just come out plain what the chinese has done to you personally. If china is bad as nigeria how come we borrow so much from china, and the chinese has several huge investments in our country while we have basically zero investments in china?

About nepa and nitel, if it was all about monopoly nepa and nitel would have been at par with the likes sinopec, CRCC but...who are you deceiving?
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 12:00pm On Dec 16, 2019
StaffofOrayan:

in high tech company, such as google, a unique idea can help an employee to earn a bonus enough to buy a fararri. in china, extremely few bosses from big shoe factories can afford a fararri. yes, he has the car, but that demands 10000 piteous and penniless workers to work 18 hours each day for one whole year.

that is the disparity between chinese rich men and american upper middle class.

they are not comparable, while china and nigeria are comparable
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 16, 2019
Nigerians are funny set. This post is about corruption but they have pushed it to production. A Nigerian doesn't want to learn but to win.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
igbesachick:

in high tech companies, such as Google, a unique idea can help an employee to earn a bonus enough to buy a Ferrari. in china, extremely few bosses from big shoe factories can afford a Ferrari. yes, he has the car, but that demands 10000 piteous and penniless workers to work 18 hours each day for one whole year.

that is the disparity between Chinese rich men and the American upper-middle class.

they are not comparable, while china and Nigeria are comparable

Leave these men and continue on what you were saying.

Nigerians are engineered to make you forget your purpose so you can fail. Nigerians derive joy in others' failures.

Once you know this, you can't fail.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2019
kattytamer:

Is sinopec efficient...like our own NNPC and its refineries Despite the high level of corruption in china you say?

How would be know if they are efficient?

From my earlier analogy, if you are the only one who sells pure water in Nigeria. You don't need anything to make money beside the availability of the water.

Monopoly is nonsense.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by darkwan: 12:24pm On Dec 16, 2019
shietttt....
this asians sabi how to eat oo....

i remember my ex thai girlfriend....

she always wanted to feed me....
by fire by force....!!
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 12:26pm On Dec 16, 2019
kattytamer:

How do you relate your 3rd point with your closing remark? A country that realise the importance of healthcare and education is on a fiasco in the long run? Just come out plain what the chinese has done to you personally. If china is bad as nigeria how come we borrow so much from china, and the chinese has several huge investments in our country while we have basically zero investments in china?

About nepa and nitel, if it was all about monopoly nepa and nitel would have been at par with the likes sinopec, CRCC but...who are you deceiving?

1) to realize does not mean to find out a practical way to solve the problem. anyway, the distance and rudimentary differences between china and the west world are so insurmountably huge that, no reason to expect by any way china can catch up with the latter.

2) for thousands of years, china has been a leading civilization for its economy, its expedient way to juggle things , to hustle. they achieve little besides this. no literature, no art, no tech, no social norm...all of which are the cornerstone of modern society.

3) and it refuses to learn after the west way,except only copying its economy mode. it seems like china wishes a dead man to grow a robust arm while other parts are left to be atrophied.

4) nigeria borrows money? but have you heard it has ever returned the money ? more often than not is , china annuls the debt after several futile attempts to recover it. china has benifited a lot by the ceded rights to exploit the mine resources in africa, which is much more than the moeny it lends.

5) as to nepa, i guess if the business it is running is run by a private company, it will be more efficient. i always doubt the efficiency of the state run conglomerates, no matter it is cncc or sinopec...
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 16, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

How would be know if they are efficient?

From my earlier analogy, if you are the only one who sells pure water in Nigeria. You don't need anything to make money beside the availability of the water.

Monopoly is nonsense.
Are you seriously questioning if a publicly quoted company with global investments is efficient or what exactly? If it was about monopoly alone where is our nepa and nitel today?
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:34pm On Dec 16, 2019
Lies lies lies
China and Nigeria are comparable?
They provide their own planes, warships, missiles, cars, now they are leading in 5G tech,
And nobody is comparing anything here,
China was also colonized by both Japan and Britain, they have done well for themselves if you ask me.
Our politicians would soon start sending their kids to Chinese schools and hospitals.

You are just jumping from pillar to post, let Nigeria fit just electricity first before we start building bridges

igbesachick:

in high tech company, such as google, a unique idea can help an employee to earn a bonus enough to buy a fararri. in china, extremely few bosses from big shoe factories can afford a fararri. yes, he has the car, but that demands 10000 piteous and penniless workers to work 18 hours each day for one whole year.

that is the disparity between chinese rich men and american upper middle class.

they are not comparable, while china and nigeria are comparable

1 Like

Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 12:34pm On Dec 16, 2019
kattytamer:

come on , china sinopec benefits from 1400 million people, not 180 in nigeria. every thing is ten times bigger and harsher in china than in nigeria. that is why sinopec looks like more "successful". it means 10 times more blood and sweat stories behind the stage .
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:35pm On Dec 16, 2019
No idea is original
Have you heard that before?

igbesachick:

hahahah, can you enumerate 1 item that is created/invented by modern chinese ? none !

some products china has no techology to make , no matter how much money it is offered.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 16, 2019
igbesachick:

I doubt if its same china we are referring to...or perhaps you mean that part of aba thats called chinatown.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 16, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
Lies lies lies
They provide their own planes, warships, missiles, cars, now they are leading in 5G tech,
China was also colonized by both Japan and Britain, they have done well for themselves if you ask me.
Our politicians would soon start sending their kids to Chinese schools and hospitals.

You are just jumping from pillar to post, let Nigeria fit just electricity first before we start building bridges

Thanks...op help your self on a simple study on the chinese economy and see the tremendous steps they have made since the 80's while here we have been going backwards.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 12:38pm On Dec 16, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Leave these men and continue on what you were saying.

Nigerians are engineered to make you forget your purpose so you can fail. Nigerians derive joy in others' failures.

Once you know this, you can't fail.

but actually i quite enjoy this diverse discourse with these guys. i dont want to constrain myself to the corruption topic, if other more interesting and related topics rise up.

it is a normal mind set, dont worry.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Subduer: 12:47pm On Dec 16, 2019
igbesachick:

but since you dont know china and you just hear or imagine it is good, how can you say they are not comparable ?
You're trying to educate people who are schooled not to THINK, which is actually beyond their educational structures.

If you're able to see life from Tinubu's point of view, you'll understand the logic of Lagosians, that keep Nigeria a dumping ground for stuff we have all the resources to produce.

Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 12:50pm On Dec 16, 2019
kattytamer:

Are you seriously questioning if a publicly quoted company with global investments is efficient or what exactly? If it was about monopoly alone where is our nepa and nitel today?

sinopec is one of the 3 comapnies in china that deals with oil business.

it has no branches in other countries. so, it is not an international company , by whatever "international company " means. but it buys oil from the big suppliers all over the world .

sinopec is famous for its commercial bribery , and it is a cradle, a seducer, a corrosive agent for chinese embezzler officials.

sinopec is of low efficiency, same as any other state run companies. but up to now, in human history, there is not yet a totally private oil company. so china just follows the path.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Olominira(m): 12:52pm On Dec 16, 2019
This op is ignorant. What I mean is that the original poster lacks basic knowledge about China. Have you been to China or lived there?

I've been a number of countries around the world, and my ratings for the best countries are Japan, Singapore, South Korea and then China.

I would definitely give it to China because of her huge population. Firstly, all parts of China are extremely safe except Xinjiang where they're Muslims minority.

2. Sinopec you talked about, you can hardly see more than 10 vehicles on a quene for fuel talk less of scarcity of fuel. We're talking of 1.4 billion people that import fuel.

3. Every village, every tunnel, has 4G and 24 hrs electricity. Currently, there are 54,000 5G networks with promise of covering the entire country by 2021

4. China has strict rules and regulations. Please, never in your life say what you know nothing about. In Heilongjiang province, a particular guy caused an accident for roadrange, he was sentenced. People who commit crimes are being punished including death sentence and it usually takes about 60 days

5. Chinese women make up about 40% global women billionaires. When it comes to National development, their women are top notch

6. I'm scared, this op is likely to be one of the western media agents in charge of propaganda on African biggest forum against the Chinese. Chinese are not angels but they are better partners than the west that loot Africa for decades. They are now afraid of the future of Africa because of involvement of Chinese involvement in infrastructure, Scholarship to Africans etc

I'm afraid for the future of Africa because of people like op, if he's an African anyway. Today, an average Chinese can sleep without thinking about western invasion, compared to Africans that are at the mercy of western powers.

China is a better place to raise family than the almighty america. I know many of Americans who married to Chinese and don't want to come back to the US.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 12:57pm On Dec 16, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
Lies lies lies

china makes no planes. the alleged c919 is an assembled plane. its motor from boering, its fusilage from airbus, its ventilation system from general dynamics.....

china makes no cars. china can not make the most crucial part of the car, its motor. all motors are imported from abroad, especially from japan....

chinese residents dismantling 5g stations, out of fear of the radiactive which is the cancer agent. because in china, 5g is achieved by simply multiplying the transmitting stations. it is a failed pirate tech. american 5g is based on satellites , not these funny stations camouflaged among the residency.

1 Like

Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by Subduer: 1:00pm On Dec 16, 2019
kattytamer:

I doubt if its same china we are referring to...or perhaps you mean that part of aba thats called chinatown.
Many, many thanks for giving Aba an honourable mention, AGAINST all odds.

And if you see well-made Aba clothing, shoes, bags, etc, you'll understand that with MINIMAL structured support, Aba can create jobs, enhance GDP, & help improve trade balance.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 1:02pm On Dec 16, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
Lies lies lies

and, chinese missiles? they were given by the soviet for free. that is easier. unnecessary to steal.
Re: Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China by igbesachick: 1:06pm On Dec 16, 2019
StaffofOrayan:
No idea is original
Have you heard that before?

but the sad fact is , all the ideas in china are pilfered from the west while the west just snatch a few curious ideas from the east as something inferior but interesting.

dont you feel it strange? although your statement is strange enough.

if nothing is original, how come the first idea? and why there should be patent rights ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Railway Workers To Embark On Three-Day Warning Strike / Electricity subsidy: FG, IMF juggling figures to deceive Nigerians – Falana / Obi Of Owa Backs Military Action In Niger-delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.