Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,619 members, 7,820,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado - NYSC (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado (93701 Views)

Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe / Anambra Corper, Glory Adomagbo Dies 4 Days To POP / Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by vannessa7(f): 1:41pm On Dec 22, 2019
My bad, lol
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by UtuokeAlcoholic: 2:10pm On Dec 22, 2019
BabaRamota1980:
First and foremost, there is no family compound in Yorubaland called GIDADO, which is the surname the corper identified himself.

Tell him to re-identify.
Gidado is Fulani name which means "the loved one" So I don't believe the op.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 22, 2019
vannessa7:

Narrow minded and slow, so if you go to that your south east court its still yoruba couple you will see filling for divorce, your cognitive faculty can not appreciate the fact that you see the more incidence of a particular tribe prevalent in a particular action because they are the predominant tribe there, its their home and they are more there, I'm sure you have since left that your south east so you don't really know what goes on in their hospitals and court or anywhere for that matter except for you occasional visit, you are asking for statistics but making umbrella statement on all Yoruba women without any proof, whereas the case of Igbo being champion in prostitution is as obvious as the nose on your head , you are not smart, bring it on
Predominant what? Lagos is cosmopolitan. A greater percentage of Igbos and other tribes live there, but every divorce case has been Yorubas mainly. If you're a researcher of divorce cases in Nigeria, you can't go to all the states to research about it. A representative sample of Nigeria's divorce prevalence can be got in Lagos because it truly represents all tribes. And in this very Lagos, Igando and other courts are frequented by Yorubas for divorce most of the time. Others do but it's not more prevalent than that of Yorubas in Lagos and Oyo. So, I wasn't myopic, except you've never carried out a research before. Besides, divorce cases in the East are less. Why not come down here and do the research as I've done in your place?

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by GMbuharii: 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2019
TheFacelessMan:

MENTALus tantalus. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by CeterisXVII: 12:10pm On Dec 23, 2019
Mandeyy:
Until you show me the statistics, you're just beating about the bush. As for Maiduguri, Sex enhancement drugs and drug addiction aren't rampant in the South East, and that's what contributed to the menace they found themselves today. On the contrary, Yoruba women cannot be satisfied by one man. Divorce suits at Igando and other courts are the news we see on Nairaland here every day about Yoruba women committing adultery with reckless abandon. Prostitution is in different shades. Living in one's matrimonial home and still committing adultery is a worst form of prostitution.
Oga, vannessa7 is right, so stop this generalisation. Every tribe has its own flaws. But what I see that is most glaring, is that the Igbo expect other people to always applaud them.

They cannot take it, when people tell them the truth, about the unattractive parts of their people or culture. But they have no problem, bad mouthing other tribes, without provocation.

In university, I had to borrow a course from the social science department.

During that course, we were taught about how some Igbo communities had a culture of elderly women marrying young wives, to raise children that would perpetuate their dead husband's name.

Such young ladies were free to take multiple lovers from anywhere, and get pregnant for them. Then once the child is born, it would be given the name of the dead husband....

So every tribe has its good and bad aspects.

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Oga, vannessa7 is right, so stop this generalisation. Every tribe has its own flaws. But what I see that is most glaring, is that the Igbo expect other people to always applaud them.

They cannot take it, when people tell them the truth, about the unattractive parts of their people or culture. But they have no problem, bad mouthing other tribes, without provocation.

In university, I had to borrow a course from the social science department.

During that course, we were taught about how some Igbo communities had a culture of elderly women marrying young wives, to raise children that would perpetuate their dead husband's name.

Such young ladies were free to take multiple lovers from anywhere, and get pregnant for them. Then once the child is born, it would be given the name of the dead husband....

So every tribe has its good and bad aspects.
You see how judgemental you people are. What is the truth in saying that Igbo girls are mostly HIV positive? Where's the truth in that erroneous comment? Is HIV unique to a tribe? Now, you want to defend that Yoruba women aren't promiscuous, but you've believed most of what the guy wrote. When the Yoruba guy generalized that Igbo girls are HIV positive and should be avoided if someone doesn't want to contract HIV, did you scold him? Now, you know every tribe has good and bad sides, and that I should stop generalizing, but you forgot that it was his comments that led to that.

Besides, you erred by saying the girl must take multiple lovers. It's a lie. Such a practice is even rare, but the family must arrange for someone with good family background to do that or even a close relative to do that, to avoid bearing thieves, mad or wayward people. It's even hard to find a woman who will agree to that. Those people now resort to adoption mostly.

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by CeterisXVII: 3:37pm On Dec 23, 2019
Mandeyy:
You see how judgemental you people are. What is the truth in saying that Igbo girls are mostly HIV positive? Where's the truth in that erroneous comment? Is HIV unique to a tribe? Now, you want to defend that Yoruba women aren't promiscuous, but you've believed most of what the guy wrote. When the Yoruba guy generalized that Igbo girls are HIV positive and should be avoided if someone doesn't want to contract HIV, did you scold him? Now, you know every tribe has good and bad sides, and that I should stop generalizing, but you forgot that it was his comments that led to that.

Besides, you erred by saying the girl must take multiple lovers. It's a lie. Such a practice is even rare, but the family must arrange for someone with good family background to do that or even a close relative to do that, to avoid bearing thieves, mad or wayward people. It's even hard to find a woman who will agree to that. Those people now resort to adoption mostly.
Defend what? Go and read through all my posts. All I have said, is that if you can believe the good thing that people say about your tribe, why can't you believe the bad ones, too? Is there any tribe that is perfect? No.

But your own people start insulting anybody, who points out the bad aspects of your people or their culture. Why?

The person who talked about HIV, was quoting what a public official working in that state, told him.

As for the culture of women raising kids for dead husband's name, it is still practised till today. And it is not all families that look for someone to impregnate the woman.

Many of those women take lovers by themselves. If anyone calls them promiscuous, your people will shout and curse them.

Yet, such a woman is merely sleeping around, with different men that she is not married to. Abeg, nobody holy pass....every tribe get im own k-keg. Just learn to accept your own flaws.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by vannessa7(f): 12:21am On Dec 24, 2019
Mandeyy:
Predominant what? Lagos is cosmopolitan. A greater percentage of Igbos and other tribes live there, but every divorce case has been Yorubas mainly. If you're a researcher of divorce cases in Nigeria, you can't go to all the states to research about it. A representative sample of Nigeria's divorce prevalence can be got in Lagos because it truly represents all tribes. And in this very Lagos, Igando and other courts are frequented by Yorubas for divorce most of the time. Others do but it's not more prevalent than that of Yorubas in Lagos and Oyo. So, I wasn't myopic, except you've never carried out a research before. Besides, divorce cases in the East are less. Why not come down here and do the research as I've done in your place?

If you truly believe that other tribes are more n Lagos that their population is greater than the Yoruba's who own the land and all the surrounding states then you are delusional, bring your verifiable statistics

Even if you are right about Yoruba divorce it will just be an offshoot of our civilisation because unlike your people we don't believe in selling our women just as it abound in other developed climes, we all know your having a girl child in your tribe is tantamount to hitting gold and after you have milk the suitor dry your daughters don't have any say in the marriage and even when being beaten to the point of death by the man she cannot leave because she must return all those money and things paid on her as bride price if she is to leave, of course divorce cases will be less, also the exorbitant bride price coupled with pride and ego is even the genesis of the culture of crime you people are now immersed in without seeing anything wrong in it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 24, 2019
Kennyswagzz:
did you watch that video of one igbo man that was set ablaze in SA shouting chineke?
What pain are you talking about? Are you normal at all.
Igbos and yorubas population in SA are almost same.. but igbos are the only tribe that has suffered from the xenophobic attack in SA

99% of yorubas live in the SW.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 24, 2019
Kennyswagzz:
azikiwe became president because of the coup you fool

Are u still well sire??

Azikiwe became president because of coup?? grin grin, 1960 coup
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 24, 2019
valicvicto:

its ur already miserable life that will perish. what wrong did I do in telling ur govt to pay more attention to d city of Onitsha dat u are cursing ur ancestors & descendants mumu. The parts of Onitsha I hv been to stinks, imagine this dry season green dirty water in drainages, it can be worked on u bitter soul

U have been to onitsha in 2005.

Onitsha is quite clean right now.

Are u sure u have crossed the boundaries of SW before
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 24, 2019
UtuokeAlcoholic:

Gidado is Fulani name which means "the loved one" So I don't believe the op.

Means absolutely nothing.

Many Nigerians from SS, SW, NC etc drop their local name and use a foreign name for their surnames.

That I answer Goodluck doesn't mean am no longer Ijaw, That u answer Philip doesn't mean u are no longer yoruba and finally, That a northerner answers George or Joshua doesn't mean they have stopped being middle beltans
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 24, 2019
vannessa7:

If you truly believe that other tribes are more n Lagos that their population is greater than the Yoruba's who own the land and all the surrounding states then you are delusional, bring your verifiable statistics

Even if you are right about Yoruba divorce it will just be an offshoot of our civilisation because unlike your people we don't believe in selling our women just as it abound in other developed climes, we all know your having a girl child in your tribe is tantamount to hitting gold and after you have milk the suitor dry your daughters don't have any say in the marriage and even when being beaten to the point of death by the man she cannot leave because she must return all those money and things paid on her as bride price if she is to leave, of course divorce cases will be less, also the exorbitant bride price coupled with pride and ego is even the genesis of the culture of crime you people are now immersed in without seeing anything wrong in it.
Who will agree to pay an appreciable bride price on divorcees (as you confirmed with your mouth)? Igbo girls are golds, and that's why suitors rush for their hands in marriage, and in the process, they're the ones who always want to show off their wealth to please us. We don't force them. In my community in Anambra State, bride price is not more than N20,000, but the suitors always beg us to show off their genuine wealth on our daughters. So, in a market, commodities are valued according to their importance. Igbo women are precious diamonds and golds. If your women are cheap commodities, that could be because of their value. You talked of crime too. Where's Sotitobire Church located? I heard he's a ritualistic pastor who sacrificed a little baby boy, and that he's Yoruba too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 24, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Defend what? Go and read through all my posts. All I have said, is that if you can believe the good thing that people say about your tribe, why can't you believe the bad ones, too? Is there any tribe that is perfect? No.

But your own people start insulting anybody, who points out the bad aspects of your people or their culture. Why?

The person who talked about HIV, was quoting what a public official working in that state, told him.

As for the culture of women raising kids for dead husband's name, it is still practised till today. And it is not all families that look for someone to impregnate the woman.

Many of those women take lovers by themselves. If anyone calls them promiscuous, your people will shout and curse them.

Yet, such a woman is merely sleeping around, with different men that she is not married to. Abeg, nobody holy pass....every tribe get im own k-keg. Just learn to accept your own flaws.

""But your own people start insulting anybody, who points out the bad aspects of your people or their culture. Why?""

Yoruba does exactly same.

""The person who talked about HIV, was quoting what a public official working in that state, told him.""

Fake n idiotic
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2019
vannessa7:

""'we all know your having a girl child in your tribe is tantamount to hitting gold and after you have milk the suitor dry your daughters don't have any say in the marriage and even when being beaten to the point of death by the man she cannot leave because she must return all those money and things paid on her as bride price""

Very daft, silly, grossly false n self inflicted confusion.

For starters "bride price" is very cheap in igbo land. In most communities, we take just one note of whatever money the suitor brings and return the rest.

U know absolutely nothing about marriages in igbo land, u are just talking from trash u read online composed by some idiotic afonjas.

Don't be deceived, Population of IGBOS is higher than yorubas in Lagos and lagos is not yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by janykute: 1:13pm On Dec 24, 2019
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2019
CeterisXVII:

He didn't quote any public official. After all, the official figure of HIV prevalence in Nigeria has never stated that HIV is more prevalent in Igboland than in other parts of Nigeria. That shows he's lying. Besides, I didn't say that the practice is no longer in existence. I said it's rare. Besides, it's not every part of Igboland that practises it. Also, it doesn't lead to multiple sexual partners in most of the cases, because those families are careful not to bear thieves, mad and fetish people who will spoil their lineage. How many women even agree to that kind of marriage? It's extremely rare. You don't know more than I do about it. Even in Yorubaland, there are also cases where married women stay after the death of their husbands to bear children for him. That also leads to having multiple sexual partners too.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by CeterisXVII: 1:54pm On Dec 24, 2019
Mandeyy:
He didn't quote any public official. After all, the official figure of HIV prevalence in Nigeria has never stated that HIV is more prevalent in Igboland than in other parts of Nigeria. That shows he's lying. Besides, I didn't say that the practice is no longer in existence. I said it's rare. Besides, it's not every part of Igboland that practises it. Also, it doesn't lead to multiple sexual partners in most of the cases, because those families are careful not to bear thieves, mad and fetish people who will spoil their lineage. How many women even agree to that kind of marriage? It's extremely rare. You don't know more than I do about it. Even in Yorubaland, there are also cases where married women stay after the death of their husbands to bear children for him. That also leads to having multiple sexual partners too.
Please go back and read his post clearly. And you will see where he stated that an official in the state advised them about the HIV prevalence.

As for saying that a married woman stays back after her husband's death to have children for him (i.e. a widow staying back to have children for a deceased man) in Yoruba land, I have never heard of it.

If she had children for the man when he was alive, of course she would stay back in her marital home, to take care of those kids. Or if she was pregnant for him before he died, she would stay with her in-laws to give birth.

But for a widow to now have multiple sexual partners, after the husband's death in her husband or in-laws house, in order to bear children that would carry the name of the deceased man, is something I have NEVER heard of, in Yoruba land.

Please o, list the communities and towns where it takes place, so we can go there and check!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by UtuokeAlcoholic: 8:22pm On Dec 24, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Means absolutely nothing.

Many Nigerians from SS, SW, NC etc drop their local name and use a foreign name for their surnames.

That I answer Goodluck doesn't mean am no longer Ijaw, That u answer Philip doesn't mean u are no longer yoruba and finally, That a northerner answers George or Joshua doesn't mean they have stopped being middle beltans
Oga, all these names you mentioned are not peculiar to Nigerians indigenous ethnic groups. They are foreign names, I. e. they are either English names or have biblical origin. so say sth different pls.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 25, 2019
vannessa7:

Frustrated, pained liar, as if I've never been to Igbo land several times and have numerous igbo friends even before the advent of nairaland, I agree with you that Lagos is an Igbo land if it will make you sleep better at night, self delusion.

U can come to igbo land and live here for 122 years and have 10,000 igbo friends before the inception of nairaland, it doesn't mean u know anything about the marriage culture n tradition of igbo people, 99% of yorubas are blank as regards marriage in igbo land .

Pained tribe, always chooking mouth in igbo matters. Igbos have never ever discussed about yoruba marriage, its costs and how it is done anywhere, we just ignore everything abt u people because we dont see u as competition in anyway, yet yoruba would carry igbo marriage like unripe plantain for head.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Shemadex(m): 11:12pm On Dec 26, 2019
Purpletee:

lol,for where...I dey north.Kaduna state,zaria precisely grin
wow good how that side now
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by AmuDimpka: 3:07am On Dec 27, 2019
PrecisionFx:

U can come to igbo land and live here for 122 years and have 10,000 igbo friends before the inception of nairaland, it doesn't mean u know anything about the marriage culture n tradition of igbo people, 99% of yorubas are blank as regards marriage in igbo land .

Pained tribe, always chooking mouth in igbo matters. Igbos have never ever discussed about yoruba marriage, its costs and how it is done anywhere, we just ignore everything abt u people because we dont see u as competition in anyway, yet yoruba would carry igbo marriage like unripe plantain for head.

Sometimes I wonder why they do that...they keep complaining that the marriage rites are high ...I ask myself, what is scaring them away from their ladies ...abeg if they don't marry their ladies ...Na we Igbo go do am?

Something is wrong that they are not telling us....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by AmuDimpka: 3:09am On Dec 27, 2019
vannessa7:

I totally agree with you that Igbo girls are commodity and thus must be sold in the market and I thank God I'm not one of them but Im a Yoruba where our girls are priceless, everybody know the most important things are always free, we are in the class of oxygen and water, we are to valuable to be sold, our parents place so much value on us that no amount of money you give them will compensate them for marrying us, we are above that, yorubal will say "odidi omo" i.e a whole child.
As per crime every nation on earth have criminals but your own is like 90% criminal minds, go figure

Igbo girls are commodities yet you gush for them...I keep asking why is it that you guys don't appreciate your women

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Chipink(f): 1:46am On Dec 29, 2019
maiyee:
lucky you! i served or I'm serving in the west, precisely, and my stay there has changed my perception of the yorubas. Before i was posted to the west, infact, i desired to be posted to the west, but getting there the harsh treatment i and other non- yoruba corpers, especially the Igbos, have received is so terrible. I mean, their hatred for the igbos is so much, such that they may like you at first meeting but once you reveal that you are Igbo, they hate you immediately. serving in a yoruba village as an Igbo corper is terrible, i mean we came here to serve you guys, we are just corpers, why the hatred? they would treat other yoruba corpers better than you, finding every reason to discredit you, before you say I'm biased in my generalisation, i experienced this, from the motor park, to my PPA and even in the copers lodge where you see segregation between the yoruba and non yoruba corpers. Honestly i used to love the yorubas but my experience here has made me detest having anything to do with them. even the hausas are more welcoming and accomodating.

Nne those people are wicked my dear.
They hate Igbo but still rush us the girls
Reasons I can Neva have anything to do with them,

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Chipink(f): 1:48am On Dec 29, 2019
Anambralstson:

Keep fooling yourself

What's wrong with u people why are u begging them to come east.. Like why.
Pls we don't need them here pls all they think is sex.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Chipink(f): 1:49am On Dec 29, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Leave ogbomosho for once n cross ore

Pls stop preaching to them to go east,.
Why are u guys forcing them?
What's wrong with my igbo brothers sef.
We don't need them pls
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 1:51am On Dec 29, 2019
Chipink:

Pls stop preaching to them to go east,.
Why are u guys forcing them?
What's wrong with my igbo brothers sef.
We don't need them pls

Nope, I'm not calling dem to come to the east, rather am telling to cross the SW and see what's happening around in Nigeria, not just sitting in Okitipupa and make discussions about places they have never stepped foot on
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Chipink(f): 6:04am On Dec 29, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Nope, I'm not calling dem to come to the east, rather am telling to cross the SW and see what's happening around in Nigeria, not just sitting in Okitipupa and make discussions about places they have never stepped foot on

OK, but I saw u consistently telling him u to come east u people should stop Abeg nobody cares Abt what they think about IGBOS..
, they are taking advantage of naive young gals when they come here. Sex is all they think, perverts

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) / Is She The Biggest Female Copper In Nigeria? / Male Corper Carries Two Female Corpers On Both Hands At The Same Time (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.