Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,979 members, 7,817,888 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado (93661 Views)

Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe / Anambra Corper, Glory Adomagbo Dies 4 Days To POP / Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by MrSly(m): 11:19am On Dec 17, 2019
Myhusband:
I served in the same anambra and all these your acknowledgement is quite funny

modified

way of life

Anambra Nnewi people are exposed due to their people being the most travelled in East but their love for money is second to none. when it comes to money, human live had zero value to them

Anambra people believe in make it young and die Rich. their interest for money made them to involve in series of ritualism to look for money, if I'm lying non Igbo that served there can burst my lies, you can hardly see obituaries of old people in Anambra, Nnewi most esp (obituaries aged from 40 below) and when you listen to what causes these death you just shake your head

do I need to talk about N20 poison that can seized your legs, I got a job at Nnewi after service but I've to pick race when a man that was working in bank leg was poison with this stuff

their ladies

they're so pretty but you would never want to invite them at home, the fear of HIV and a Lady that might have been killed alive (a story of a corper that invited one and she died on spot the guy couldn't complete his service and was compel to be jail for offence he's innocent of)

just tell their ladies you're in abroad or you've container on the sea, na yakata dem go fall for you, some might even dash you money ignorantly

Philanthropic life

corpers that served there can testify projects carried out there always meet a serious setback because the rich men they always seek assistance from do turned them down

what surprise me more is their rich men, I mean those with big and exotic cars who bring kegs to fetch to buy water outside

only Igbo like them understand that you must not envy big houses at that end because the source my scare you. I met a Yoruba who called himself herbalist there, I stylishly asked him what brought him to Nnewi and he said don't you know Igbo like ritual a lot, that was prompt is relocation

Enmity

many of their kinsmen can't even go/visit village because of their pull them down syndrome that had become their habit at that end. I have a corper friend who always change to mufti whenever she's travelling from CDs just because of this wickedness of this people. the only Igbo that might relate well with you are those that have stepped out of their village and east to west, south or north, you see those that live in the village don't mess with them or else you're a goner, person wey dey used their own for suya, how much less non relative ?

marital life

if you want to marry Anambra lady, don't make a mistake to settle with the one in the village, you will regret your life. you can choose from those that live all their life out of east even among themselves in that Anambra there is always discrimination when it comes to marriage

I'm sure this is not news that some Igbo who aren't from IMO always runaway from mbaise girls, why this happened till date elude my common sense because their reason is not enough to justify such dumb rejection
SORRY!!!! It is very miserable living this way.

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by ucham: 11:19am On Dec 17, 2019
Kennyswagzz:
thousands kill you there
Another uniformed sloth on the loose. Travel and see. Leave those dilapidated mud shrines in Abeokuta and travel.

7 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Endy10(m): 11:20am On Dec 17, 2019
Offpoint:

Like there's no Okpa in Delta State?

I've never been to any state in Nigeria where there's no Okpa.

Even though I'm from Delta state I live in Lagos so I wouldn't know if there is Okpa in Delta. The times I went I didn't see anyone who sells.

Also haven't seen here in Ikorodu
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Mrshizzy(m): 11:20am On Dec 17, 2019
maiyee:
lucky you! i served or I'm serving in the west, precisely, and my stay there has changed my perception of the yorubas. Before i was posted to the west, infact, i desired to be posted to the west, but getting there the harsh treatment i and other non- yoruba corpers, especially the Igbos, have received is so terrible. I mean, their hatred for the igbos is so much, such that they may like you at first meeting but once you reveal that you are Igbo, they hate you immediately. serving in a yoruba village as an Igbo corper is terrible, i mean we came here to serve you guys, we are just corpers, why the hatred? they would treat other yoruba corpers better than you, finding every reason to discredit you, before you say I'm biased in my generalisation, i experienced this, from the motor park, to my PPA and even in the copers lodge where you see segregation between the yoruba and non yoruba corpers. Honestly i used to love the yorubas but my experience here has made me detest having anything to do with them. even the hausas are more welcoming and accomodating.

Sad truth....but it will never be admitted. I served in osun. My first movement as an adult to the west. My first experience started form ore self. Next was camp at ede. Then my ppa at laro middle school 2 okefia in Oshogbo. Didn't even know that we were referred to as ynamiri until I got to that school. I was teaching my students one day about career choices and told them that if they studied hard enough and pass their exams they will one day become a corpse member like I am. Then I asked if they would like to serve in the east and I got a resounding "NOOOOOO!!!". The thing shock me self. I asked why and some said they don't like the east, some said they would like to serve in Ogun or neighboring Yoruba states. I was wondering to myself how children less than 13yrs of age could get such ideas even without traveling to the east. Got to find out that most of their perception of the east comes from African magic(Note: they mostly watch African magic Yoruba in osun, the normal African magic is persived as Igbo channel). And there is this perception among them that every one outside west towards the east is Igbo, even amongst their learned ones. They refer to calabar and akwa ibom people as Igbo.

Learnt a lot from the west sha. My service year was cool.

10 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Endy10(m): 11:22am On Dec 17, 2019
Viking07:
I had to check the author twice to be sure it's coming from a Corp member. He writes very well!

Indeed!

I just love the blend and the connection with each single paragraph. This art is lost in present times

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by anthonyabidemi: 11:27am On Dec 17, 2019
Igbos are fantastic people, industrious, neat, enterprising and resilient. Indeed, Nigeria is blessed with her diversity. I love your write up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by unbitchable(m): 11:29am On Dec 17, 2019
maiyee:
lucky you! i served or I'm serving in the west, precisely, and my stay there has changed my perception of the yorubas. Before i was posted to the west, infact, i desired to be posted to the west, but getting there the harsh treatment i and other non- yoruba corpers, especially the Igbos, have received is so terrible. I mean, their hatred for the igbos is so much, such that they may like you at first meeting but once you reveal that you are Igbo, they hate you immediately. serving in a yoruba village as an Igbo corper is terrible, i mean we came here to serve you guys, we are just corpers, why the hatred? they would treat other yoruba corpers better than you, finding every reason to discredit you, before you say I'm biased in my generalisation, i experienced this, from the motor park, to my PPA and even in the copers lodge where you see segregation between the yoruba and non yoruba corpers. Honestly i used to love the yorubas but my experience here has made me detest having anything to do with them. even the hausas are more welcoming and accomodating.
your attitude must be very horrible. why are many ibo ladies staying back and getting married to yoruba after service. if you think yoruba would stop speaking their language becos a non speaker is in their midst, it ain't gonna happen. those pple don't joke with their language.

7 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:29am On Dec 17, 2019
Perkins2018:

No. Yorubas simply see you guys as inferior.
No, inferiority complex is deeply crested in the hearts of you guys, that's why you guys envy us alot. We neither claim superiority but we are simply unique. Bye!

6 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by gideonvalor98(m): 11:30am On Dec 17, 2019
blackjackson284:
so eziowelle is the whole igbo land ?and those stupid kids represents the millions of southeast people?
I used this as a case study. What of on here nairaland? The rate of abuses,insults and disrespect in trying to prove a point? Yes, we have some good ones with enviable character but majority carry the vote
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by KayyDee: 11:32am On Dec 17, 2019
KayyDee:

My brother, nice observations there.
However, I needed to point out that, most of Igboland, particularly Anambra was one of the very Last to start selling a pure water sachet @ #10 in this country.
I'm quite certain that as at 2014 when i last observed, that water sachet was still sold at #5 in Onitcha Anambra state.

Niger Delta states were possibly the first to start that, as cost of living is generally higher in most of those South-South states.

IMO state also has the highest cost of living in Igboland. This is perhaps due to their proximity to Major/very expensive Niger Delta Cities like PH.
So, i believe IMO was the first to switch to #10 per sachet of water.

But, even at that, as of 2009 when i was living in IMO state capital, Owerri, water was still #5 per sachet.

So, your assertion on the Water Sachet Price is hugely misinforming.

Maybe there was a water shortage in your area at the time. That's the only explanation that could make sense here.

As for market women charging u excess; well, generally they will give you a price, and hope that you price it down. That's how most traders operate.
So, when you unfortunately don't know how to price, then, even if some of them may feel guilt,, they may not urge you to price it down some more. That's business for you.

However, for most market women, if they clearly know you are a corper, they will gladly give you the best prices. Some even will give you wonderful discounts and freebies... Of course, depending on how nice the market is treating them on that day.

One thing i clearly noticed in Anambra in particular is this; they so much love and support Corpers...except you as a corper is troublesome to them.

Mostly in the villages, Some people, after you've rented a room in their house as a Corper, they will still be dashing u food stuffs from there farms, if they feel you are good or peaceful.

Most corpers whom I personally know, who serverd in Anambra, always gush about the place and the people.

Even in some communities where boys misbehave, most a times if they want to harass you, and then found out that u are a Corper, you may hear something like, "leave am biko, na Coper O" or "leave am, na my brother teacher for school"

The last thing vast majority of Anambra people will intentionally want to do, is to sour the experience of a peaceful visitor. NEVER.

Finally, nowhere is perfect, and so Igbo people have there own issues, and some troublesome people, that i agree.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Tranquillity360: 11:32am On Dec 17, 2019
Perkins2018:

Ipob has destroyed every goodwill you guys might enjoy in Yoruba land. Yorubas used to love strangers even more than indigenes. How do you think there are millions of igbos in our land if we were not welcoming? My grandma gave no less than 5 Igbo people land free of charge. But you guys are ingrates born to hate.
You yorubas can lie for africa.

Your grandma gave not less than 5 igbos land for free.
Soon your grandchildren will talk how you gave not less than hundred Igbo people land for free.

You yorubas are not accommodating anyone,we pay for rents and buy lands.

How did ipob destroy the goodwill you yorubas have for Igbo?
Before Ipob do you people ever love/like IGBOS,
Even your yorubas hero stole igbos money during the war.

Igbos dont need yorubas love/likeness.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:33am On Dec 17, 2019
unbitchable:

your attitude must be very horrible. why are many ibo ladies staying back and getting married to yoruba after service. if you think yoruba would stop speaking their language becos a non speaker is in their midst, it ain't gonna happen. those pple don't joke with their language.
Nay, she wasn't saying anything about language, she clearly emphasized on sheer discrimination and heinous hatred.

You guys are good at that, once it's omo Ibo, just forget it, you're basically hated for no reason.

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Offpoint: 11:34am On Dec 17, 2019
Endy10:

Even though I'm from Delta state I live in Lagos so I wouldn't know if there is Okpa in Delta. The times I went I didn't see anyone who sells.

Also haven't seen here in Ikorodu
I guess you probably do go to work extremely early or you live in an estate where hawkers are prohibited from entry.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by greggng: 11:37am On Dec 17, 2019
AmericanQuarter:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/naija-fashion/364146-my-service-year-purged-me-of-tribal-stereotype-graduating-corps-member.html

I respect any Nigerian that could live his or her comfort zone to learn more about a people...it is the best education one can receive. Do you know that when I was in the east , I was told that the black Amala is same as fieces ....or shit in our local palace...but to my greatest surprise it came from yam floor. Another thing I was told is that ijebu people are very wicked and fetish ...one man use to intimidate me so much when I was younger....each time I wanna confront him ...someone will remind me that he has been to ijebu ....such people can kill me with juju....I have seen some ijebu people here in Lagos but they are good Christians ...only thing I notice is that they love money like igbos....only that they are stingy. When I was serving in ogbomoso , I met a Yoruba man that actually made me believe that good people are found in everywhere. The clo who happen to be a Yoruba was very unfriendly to strangers...but I confronted him and he threaten to eject me from the corners lodge since my school was yet to provide me with accommodation. Towards evening the good Yoruba man called him and warned him seriously never to issue such words to strangers. That nysc is suppose to integrate people not disintegrate...he threaten to report the matter to nysc so that the Yoruba guy will be reposted to igbo land...he was not happy that his fellow Yoruba was serving in Yoruba land....His action brought peace....if everyone is serving in his state or region ,then the aim of the program is defeated.

4 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Azmanaty: 11:39am On Dec 17, 2019
gideonvalor98:

Not only that. You people are generally disrespectful. There is difference between being fearless or courageous and being rude or disrespectful. I saw that firsthand. I served in eziowelle in their community secondary, those student are so rude, even to the principal.
But we corpers then were much there - like 12 or more than(almost half of us were Yoruba), we handle them with strict hands and we occasionally had some faceoffs and we do walk at least in threes when going out.
One thing that make them feared us more then was, a new batch corper(female) has a soldier boyfriend and about 3 of them accompanied her to owe. The bottom line is, you people are disrespectful to other tribes and even to yourselves. CHANGE

Igbos are disrespectful but Yorubas that kill their people for money rituals, sell their skulls and body parts are very respectful undecided

They (Yorubas) will respect the victim before he/she is killed grin. what an irony

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by KayyDee: 11:40am On Dec 17, 2019
Peace to you, my friend smiley

PerkinDossier:
All these useless long story is to prove one useless point about your village called Owerre being expensive because of your inferiority complex. When we know that owerre is a village filled with poor people. How it became an expensive town is what I don't know.

OP has told us the true situation on ground, stop coming here to prove one non existent point.

[s][/s]
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by unbitchable(m): 11:41am On Dec 17, 2019
ifymorena:
I use to believe that people from the west are really respectful and nice but after nysc posted me to osun state the kind of hatred I'm experiencing there right from the camp to my place of ppa made me doubt if living with them will be bearable, the way they use their language to insult you even when you are just asking polite questions will break any strong person....it's well
the problem many ibos have is seeing yorubas speak their language even in the midst of non speakers. I hear many ibo friends complain about same thing when they first got to the west. yoruba do not care who you are, they'd speak their language regardless. it's either you tag along or swerve. it's fun seeing ibos speak yoruba and throwing banters with their yoruba friends but y'all core ibo villagers are too conservative and have no blend with life in the cities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by ALPHABASE: 11:42am On Dec 17, 2019
Purpletee:
IgboAmaka
#proudAnambra
#proud njikoka lady
#proud enugu-ukwu warrior.
KEDU EBE ISI NA ENUGWU-UKWU
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Augustenite(m): 11:42am On Dec 17, 2019
BabaRamota1980:
First and foremost, there is no family compound in Yorubaland called GIDADO, which is the surname the corper identified himself.

Tell him to re-identify.

Kip quite, what do you know. There is
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by trippleKAY(m): 11:46am On Dec 17, 2019
No be lie! I served in orumba south Lga,umuze town in anambra last year.
Their girls are so pretty (yellow pawpaw) , business minded people . Plus I enjoyed their abasha wella,i literally eat it everyday cos I have a girlfriend who is an indigen ,she makes it almost everyday for me. , I nearly shad tires the morning I was leaving that town cry

5 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by trippleKAY(m): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2019
AmericanQuarter:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/naija-fashion/364146-my-service-year-purged-me-of-tribal-stereotype-graduating-corps-member.html
No be lie! I served in orumba south Lga,umuze town in anambra last year.
Their girls are so pretty (yellow pawpaw) , business minded people . Plus I enjoyed their abasha wella,i literally eat it everyday cos I have a girlfriend who is an indigen ,she makes it almost everyday for me. , I nearly shad tires the morning I was leaving that town cry
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Anambralstson: 11:49am On Dec 17, 2019
Kennyswagzz:
oga show me any other yoruba that bears gidado.. I have never seen any..
Only northerners bear gidado
Keep fooling yourself

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Basher8583: 11:51am On Dec 17, 2019
dokyOloye:

I keep telling the ones working with me here in the north but they won't hear.
The scraggly looking used motor parts dealer you ignore makes your salary x 3 every month and has already built a house in his father's compound.

Are building materials free in Igboland. Whats kind of business is he doing to make all that money. He should come out and speak the truth.
If it's that easy, why havent you built your own house in you fathers compound.

A typical anambra man told me about some unspeakable things they do just to get money. He also said, they are always told to leave the state for some time or maybe travel abroad so when they come back they can lie that it was the business they were doing out of the state that brought them money and wealth.

But of course this does not apply to all of them.

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Anambralstson: 11:52am On Dec 17, 2019
BabaRamota1980:
First and foremost, there is no family compound in Yorubaland called GIDADO, which is the surname the corper identified himself.

Tell him to re-identify.

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Yoighaman(m): 11:55am On Dec 17, 2019
AmericanQuarter:

@OP: I am not Igbo but your superb write-up just made me fall in love more with the tribe. God bless all Igbos around the world.

5 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by unbitchable(m): 11:56am On Dec 17, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Nay, she wasn't saying anything about language, she clearly emphasized on sheer discrimination and heinous hatred.

You guys are good at that, once it's omo Ibo, just forget it, you're basically hated for no reason.
na lie. ibos feel at home with yoruba.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by ifymorena(f): 11:56am On Dec 17, 2019
It's igbo not Ibo and speaking ur language is not a crime but insulting someone in ur language knowing fully well that the person is not understanding what ur are saying is outright stupidity...core villagers u say grin grin tell that to ur people Mr city boy
unbitchable:

the problem many ibos have is seeing yorubas speak their language even in the midst of non speakers. I hear many ibo friends complain about same thing when they first got to the west. yoruba do not care who you are, they'd speak their language regardless. it's either you tag along or swerve. it's fun seeing ibos speak yoruba and throwing banters with their yoruba friends but y'all core ibo villagers are too conservative and have no blend with life in the cities.

9 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by YourbaAreSlaves: 11:58am On Dec 17, 2019
Kennyswagzz:
I can see that you are mentally unstable.. please don't quote me again if you don't want to be unfortunate in life..

I'm talking to you kennyswagzz you piece of shittt, you black monkey from the dirtiest tribe in the world yorubastard.. Coward.. Monkey. When Biafra comes I will allow you guys to come in through our border only for house help and cleaner jobs only...

4 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by MICHEALADEX(m): 12:02pm On Dec 17, 2019
I love the way their ladies morn in the language during sehx...am still laughing with various sounds in my head grin grin grin grin
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by sexymonkey(m): 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
DMerciful:
I had this same stereotypes until I was posted to Jigawa State long ago. It was fabulous. In all honesty, the disunity is caused by our leaders for their selfish gains! Keep the masses divided so they will not unite and dislodge us
abeg Jigawa no follow.
N. B I recently served in GUMEL Emirate.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by unbitchable(m): 12:15pm On Dec 17, 2019
ifymorena:
It's igbo not Ibo and speaking ur language is not a crime but insulting someone in ur language knowing fully well that the person is not understanding what ur are saying is outright stupidity...core villagers u say grin grin tell that to ur people Mr city boy
na from insult person dey quick learn language. have you seen ibos insult in yoruba language?, ask me, it's all fun. you blend in gradually. the insults are a way of learning the language, same with ibo language, na by insult dem dey take teach us. grow with it, learn, make friends. ibos are making great friends with yoruba.
village girls are somehow too rigid. yoruba love flexible girls, yo heard.

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
DMerciful:
I had this same stereotypes until I was posted to Jigawa State long ago. It was fabulous. In all honesty, the disunity is caused by our leaders for their selfish gains! Keep the masses divided so they will not unite and dislodge us
Exactly. You're right. I had a wonderful youth service in Maiduguri. During salah, they brought food to us, and I began to wonder: "didn't people say that they're hostile?" The other man even suggested to me that my oga should take me to one Kanuri man for a job, since my youth service was about to end. They said that Maiduguri swarmed with flies, but I didn't witness such. All the delicacies we had in Igboland were cooked there by our Igbo brothers even better. My "regret" was the hotness of the place and the sand dunes that occasionally came from Sahara desert. That's why I felt bad when Boko Haram devastated Borno State. We used to go home by 12 in the midnight without any security issue. Everywhere was peaceful then. So, it's our bad leaders that use religion and ethnicity to divide us.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (24) (Reply)

Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) / Is She The Biggest Female Copper In Nigeria? / Male Corper Carries Two Female Corpers On Both Hands At The Same Time (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.