Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado (93651 Views)

Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe / Anambra Corper, Glory Adomagbo Dies 4 Days To POP / Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by valicvicto(f): 9:47am On Dec 17, 2019
the only thing I hv observed is that Anambra state govt needs to work on Onitsha. Onitsha is smelling, dirty etc
that city needs help
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by FortuneDeGreat(m): 9:48am On Dec 17, 2019
maiyee:
lucky you! i served or I'm serving in the west, precisely, and my stay there has changed my perception of the yorubas. Before i was posted to the west, infact, i desired to be posted to the west, but getting there the harsh treatment i and other non- yoruba corpers, especially the Igbos, have received is so terrible. I mean, their hatred for the igbos is so much, such that they may like you at first meeting but once you reveal that you are Igbo, they hate you immediately. serving in a yoruba village as an Igbo corper is terrible, i mean we came here to serve you guys, we are just corpers, why the hatred? they would treat other yoruba corpers better than you, finding every reason to discredit you, before you say I'm biased in my generalisation, i experienced this, from the motor park, to my PPA and even in the copers lodge where you see segregation between the yoruba and non yoruba corpers. Honestly i used to love the yorubas but my experience here has made me detest having anything to do with them.
Quite unfortunate, well, it is typical of them, but what can I say, people tend to envy or hate people who are far better and greater than they are. It is also a sign of inferiority and lack of self worth. So my dear, don't blame them.

17 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by technicallyrich(m): 9:49am On Dec 17, 2019
maiyee:
lucky you! i served or I'm serving in the west, precisely, and my stay there has changed my perception of the yorubas. Before i was posted to the west, infact, i desired to be posted to the west, but getting there the harsh treatment i and other non- yoruba corpers, especially the Igbos, have received is so terrible. I mean, their hatred for the igbos is so much, such that they may like you at first meeting but once you reveal that you are Igbo, they hate you immediately. serving in a yoruba village as an Igbo corper is terrible, i mean we came here to serve you guys, we are just corpers, why the hatred? they would treat other yoruba corpers better than you, finding every reason to discredit you, before you say I'm biased in my generalisation, i experienced this, from the motor park, to my PPA and even in the copers lodge where you see segregation between the yoruba and non yoruba corpers. Honestly i used to love the yorubas but my experience here has made me detest having anything to do with them.
sorry that is why i pity people from ss and se marrying them.
They hate igbos and envy other ssners.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by ifymorena(f): 9:50am On Dec 17, 2019
I use to believe that people from the west are really respectful and nice but after nysc posted me to osun state the kind of hatred I'm experiencing there right from the camp to my place of ppa made me doubt if living with them will be bearable, the way they use their language to insult you even when you are just asking polite questions will break any strong person....it's well
maiyee:

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by iSlayer: 9:51am On Dec 17, 2019
maiyee:

I know you're from the South South.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by AmericanQuarter: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2019
valicvicto:
the only thing I hv observed is that Anambra state govt needs to work on Onitsha. Onitsha is smelling, dirty etc
that city needs help

Lies. When last did you go to Onitsha. Once you enter Onitsha, this is the first impression you get. The city is wearing a new look because the major roads and inner streets have long be fixed with street lights almost everywhere and proper organization and clean environment. This pictures were from yesterday afternoon.

6 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Ogurube: 9:53am On Dec 17, 2019
undecided
fk001:

Gidado is a Fulani name.

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:56am On Dec 17, 2019
Op, You are a good writer, where did you school? You have effectively communicated your thoughts, feelings and opinions. Kudos.

Hate is not a good thing, before jumping into conclusion on any matter that has sentiment, take a step back and ponder. Be empirical, logical and rational.

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:57am On Dec 17, 2019
chival:
Your observations are very apt. Proud to be onye Anambra. That said, every people and tribe have distinct features that make them beautiful and grand.

God bless you for saying this

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by olisaEze(m): 9:57am On Dec 17, 2019
Myhusband:
[s][/s]

prove my point wrong and stop showcasing the colour of ya foolishness

It’s a little past 9:30AM on a Tuesday morning and you sat down to type a long text of lies against a people you know next to nothing about, so I’m assuming you’re very jobless and equally frustrated. U can’t answer my initial question on the existence of Ibo suya men so I won’t join issues with you.

One advice I’ll leave u with tho; Don’t blame others for your failure, na wetin u ignore ur mate take pass u. The Op might be from ur tribe, but he is a better human than u can ever hope to be. Now let’s see if u will think on this or continue foaming at the mouf! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 17, 2019
Well said.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 17, 2019
An igbo man would wear slippers and rag-like clothes going about his business,but if you happen to know his bank account balance,you will piss inside your agbada or designers suit.
If you see an igbo man driving a tattered car,just keep shut and pass,he can possibly feed your whole extended family.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by iSlayer: 10:00am On Dec 17, 2019
ifymorena:
I use to believe that people from the west are really respectful and nice but after nysc posted me to osun state the kind of hatred I'm experiencing there right from the camp to my place of ppa made me doubt if living with them will be bearable, the way they use their language to insult you even when you are just asking polite questions will break any strong person....it's well

You actually liked them before.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:02am On Dec 17, 2019
Myhusband:
I served in the same anambra and all these your acknowledgement is quite funny

modified

way of life

Anambra Nnewi people are exposed due to their people being the most travelled in East but their love for money is second to none. when it comes to money, human live had zero value to them

Anambra people believe in make it young and die Rich. their interest for money made them to involve in series of ritualism to look for money, if I'm lying non Igbo that served there can burst my lies, you can hardly see obituaries of old people in Anambra, Nnewi most esp (obituaries aged from 40 below) and when you listen to what causes these death you just shake your head

do I need to talk about N20 poison that can seized your legs, I got a job at Nnewi after service but I've to pick race when a man that was working in bank leg was poison with this stuff

their ladies

they're so pretty but you would never want to invite them at home, the fear of HIV and a Lady that might have been killed alive (a story of a corper that invited one and she died on spot the guy couldn't complete his service and was compel to be jail for offence he's innocent of)

just tell their ladies you're in abroad or you've container on the sea, na yakata dem go fall for you, some might even dash you money ignorantly

Philanthropic life

corpers that served there can testify projects carried out there always meet a serious setback because the rich men they always seek assistance from do turned them down

what surprise me more is their rich men, I mean those with big and exotic cars who bring kegs to fetch to buy water outside

only Igbo like them understand that you must not envy big houses at that end because the source my scare you. I met a Yoruba who called himself herbalist there, I stylishly asked him what brought him to Nnewi and he said don't you know Igbo like ritual a lot, that was prompt is relocation

Enmity

many of their kinsmen can't even go/visit village because of their pull them down syndrome that had become their habit at that end. I have a corper friend who always change to mufti whenever she's travelling from CDs just because of this wickedness of this people. the only Igbo that might relate well with you are those that have stepped out of their village and east to west, south or north, you see those that live in the village don't mess with them or else you're a goner, person wey dey used their own for suya, how much less non relative ?

marital life

if you want to marry Anambra lady, don't make a mistake to settle with the one in the village, you will regret your life. you can choose from those that live all their life out of east even among themselves in that Anambra there is always discrimination when it comes to marriage

I'm sure this is not news that some Igbo who aren't from IMO always runaway from mbaise girls, why this happened till date elude my common sense because their reason is not enough to justify such dumb rejection

This should be a post of its own

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Myhusband(m): 10:05am On Dec 17, 2019
[s]
olisaEze:

It’s a little past 9:30AM on a Tuesday morning and you sat down to type a long text of lies against a people you know next to nothing about, so I’m assuming you’re very jobless and equally frustrated. U can’t answer my initial question on the existence of Ibo suya men so I won’t join issues with you.

One advice I’ll leave u with tho; Don’t blame others for your failure, na wetin u ignore ur mate take pass u. The Op might be from ur tribe, but he is a better human than u can ever hope to be. Now let’s see if u will think on this or continue foaming at the mouf! grin
[/s]

IBO suya what's this dummy asking? when in my post did I mention that, abeg alert your common sense before you totally run insane

what's the lies in my obvious facts? maybe you need me to burst more, expose Anambra state more. there are many things I still make discreet for public sake

alaye behave yourself, I'm not those you can use to learn words here OK. you and your kinsmen talk about Osogbo you haven't visit and I make straight observation about Anambra that I stayed for more than 1½ year you're blabbing

abeg shift

4 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by dokie: 10:06am On Dec 17, 2019
maiyee:

Dont feel too bad about it, for that bias towards the igbos is almost unavoidable, and it doesn't mean yorubas are bad. It will take a very magnanimous people not to have a negative bias towards the igbos.

Igboland does not have many "strangers" living amongst them. As a result, the few that show up are treated quite warmly and are appreciated. On the flip side, igbos have infiltrated every nook and cranny of the nigerian state in large numbers, competing aggressively with the locals and doing even better than many of the locals in their own lands. Add that to the fact that an average igbo person has a high sense of self pride or confidence (which is usually perceived as arrogance), and you will understand why there is that animosity towards the igbos everywhere in nigeria including the South South part of the country.

That is our lot as igbos. Let's live with it.

14 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by asgardian717(m): 10:07am On Dec 17, 2019
ghettokid1:
U re welcome!
Hope say none of our girls carry belle 4 u?
we ekiti people no get big prick, and your girls like it big unless the girl na yoruba.. she can manage ekiti prick
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Myhusband(m): 10:08am On Dec 17, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

This should be a post of its own

they will call it hatred against ndi Anambra but I have to play safe and stay safe there

I face death face to face in that state, it was God grace and wisdom I take survive. these people that act as if they love themselves, they hate themselves a lot and always those that make it

I don't want to burst more of their dirty things and one ignorant Op who might luckily stay in nccf family house is there writing nonsense

those that want to served there must be extra careful. even the state coordinator in the state warned us to be wary of their ladies. an Igbo woman for that matter telling us Anambra has the highest HIV in East

5 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by gnykelly(m): 10:08am On Dec 17, 2019
same as me... before my service in ebony.in '16 I was a tribal warlord... service changed me... I'm more tolerant and objective when judging people...same thing happened when a Christian visit Dubai.

5 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by ghettokid1(m): 10:09am On Dec 17, 2019
asgardian717:
we ekiti people no get big prick, and your girls like it big unless the girl na yoruba.. she can manage ekiti prick
hihihihihihi, i laugh in hindu
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by mkoabiola: 10:10am On Dec 17, 2019
BabaRamota1980:
First and foremost, there is no family compound in Yorubaland called GIDADO, which is the surname the corper identified himself.

Tell him to re-identify.
Gidado is from kwara/,Ilorin.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by OnyeOgboni: 10:13am On Dec 17, 2019
So you now agree that all that u were told about igbos while growing up were all lies?
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Victoria25(f): 10:13am On Dec 17, 2019
Good to hear.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by olisaEze(m): 10:13am On Dec 17, 2019
Myhusband:
[s][/s]

IBO suya what's this dummy asking? when in my post did I mention that, abeg alert your common sense before you totally run insane

what's the lies in my obvious facts? maybe you need me to burst more, expose Anambra state more. there are many things I still make discreet for public sake

alaye behave yourself, I'm not those you can use to learn words here OK. you and your kinsmen talk about Osogbo you haven't visit and I make straight observation about Anambra that I stayed for more than 1½ year you're blabbing

abeg shift

3 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Myself2(m): 10:17am On Dec 17, 2019
You serve for Anambra, you dey gush like this, wetin you for do if na Enugu you serve ?? You for just marry stay dia be that

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Lastmankc(m): 10:18am On Dec 17, 2019
DMerciful:
I had this same stereotypes until I was posted to Jigawa State long ago. It was fabulous. In all honesty, the disunity is caused by our leaders for their selfish gains! Keep the masses divided so they will not unite and dislodge us
most nairalanders also caused the disunity
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:19am On Dec 17, 2019
Myhusband:

they will can it hatred against ndi Anambra but I have to play safe and stay safe there

I face death face to face in that state, it was God grace and wisdom I take survive. these people that act as if they love themselves, they hate themselves a lot and always those that make it

I don't want to burst more of their dirty things and one ignorant Op who might luckily stay in nccf family house is there writing nonsense

those that want to served there must be extra careful. even the state coordinator in the state warned us to be wary of their ladies. an Igbo woman for that matter telling us Anambra has the highest HIV in East

I know that area more than you. Nobody can tell me that the rudest set of people are all of a sudden gold, or the greediest set of people are now Angels.

I had an Igbo Friend, and as soon as I started making progress, his wife and him started hating on me for no reason, and started following me up just to see how far I will go. I just cut off from them till this day.

Only the gullible will accept the OPs write up, and most Igbos know he is an ass-licker. During my marriage I know how my in-laws warned me not to move anyhow, and not to eat from anywhere. I know how many stories of rich boys that were attacked spiritually and were battling for their health.

In the west market women were modest and always wanted to give me the worth that I paid for, in the east the market women always sort out how to cheat me. In the West young ladies look at you with respect based on your age also, in the East young ladies look at you with disdain, especially if they feel you have no money.

Biafra can go their way if they exclude my darling port Harcourt, also Delta,Bayelsa, cross river and Uyo, as those places don't share in their ideals.

Cheers

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 10:19am On Dec 17, 2019
Mbilla:
No Igbo man give a Bleep about what yorubas think about Igbos. Visit Asa road in Aba and you will see thousands very few yoruba men doing tailoring job and their women hawking agbo and selling kola nut
thousands kill you there
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by TheGiftedOne(m): 10:21am On Dec 17, 2019
Myhusband:
I served in the same anambra and all these your acknowledgement is quite funny

modified

way of life

Anambra Nnewi people are exposed due to their people being the most travelled in East but their love for money is second to none. when it comes to money, human live had zero value to them

Anambra people believe in make it young and die Rich. their interest for money made them to involve in series of ritualism to look for money, if I'm lying non Igbo that served there can burst my lies, you can hardly see obituaries of old people in Anambra, Nnewi most esp (obituaries aged from 40 below) and when you listen to what causes these death you just shake your head

do I need to talk about N20 poison that can seized your legs, I got a job at Nnewi after service but I've to pick race when a man that was working in bank leg was poison with this stuff

their ladies

they're so pretty but you would never want to invite them at home, the fear of HIV and a Lady that might have been killed alive (a story of a corper that invited one and she died on spot the guy couldn't complete his service and was compel to be jail for offence he's innocent of)

just tell their ladies you're in abroad or you've container on the sea, na yakata dem go fall for you, some might even dash you money ignorantly

Philanthropic life

corpers that served there can testify projects carried out there always meet a serious setback because the rich men they always seek assistance from do turned them down

what surprise me more is their rich men, I mean those with big and exotic cars who bring kegs to fetch to buy water outside

only Igbo like them understand that you must not envy big houses at that end because the source my scare you. I met a Yoruba who called himself herbalist there, I stylishly asked him what brought him to Nnewi and he said don't you know Igbo like ritual a lot, that was prompt is relocation

Enmity

many of their kinsmen can't even go/visit village because of their pull them down syndrome that had become their habit at that end. I have a corper friend who always change to mufti whenever she's travelling from CDs just because of this wickedness of this people. the only Igbo that might relate well with you are those that have stepped out of their village and east to west, south or north, you see those that live in the village don't mess with them or else you're a goner, person wey dey used their own for suya, how much less non relative ?

marital life

if you want to marry Anambra lady, don't make a mistake to settle with the one in the village, you will regret your life. you can choose from those that live all their life out of east even among themselves in that Anambra there is always discrimination when it comes to marriage

I'm sure this is not news that some Igbo who aren't from IMO always runaway from mbaise girls, why this happened till date elude my common sense because their reason is not enough to justify such dumb rejection

LION KING!

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by seyijoseph(m): 10:21am On Dec 17, 2019
Your observations are precisely documented. A sure proof you truly went for the purpose for which the NYSC programming was originally orchestrated.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:22am On Dec 17, 2019
Myself2:
You serve for Anambra, you dey gush like this, Westin you for do if na Enugu you serve ?? You for just marry stay dia be that

Enugu babes fine pass Anambra babe from my first hand knowledge. The drag will between Imo and Enugu. But them dey lash die too, from first hand knowledge grin
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Anambralstson: 10:23am On Dec 17, 2019
BabaRamota1980:
First and foremost, there is no family compound in Yorubaland called GIDADO, which is the surname the corper identified himself.

Tell him to re-identify.

grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) / Is She The Biggest Female Copper In Nigeria? / Male Corper Carries Two Female Corpers On Both Hands At The Same Time (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.