Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado (93652 Views)

Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe / Anambra Corper, Glory Adomagbo Dies 4 Days To POP / Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:24am On Dec 17, 2019
Ndigbo are good people

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BlackfireX: 10:25am On Dec 17, 2019
Myhusband:
I served in the same anambra and all these your acknowledgement is quite funny

modified

way of life

Anambra Nnewi people are exposed due to their people being the most travelled in East but their love for money is second to none. when it comes to money, human live had zero value to them

Anambra people believe in make it young and die Rich. their interest for money made them to involve in series of ritualism to look for money, if I'm lying non Igbo that served there can burst my lies, you can hardly see obituaries of old people in Anambra, Nnewi most esp (obituaries aged from 40 below) and when you listen to what causes these death you just shake your head

do I need to talk about N20 poison that can seized your legs, I got a job at Nnewi after service but I've to pick race when a man that was working in bank leg was poison with this stuff

their ladies

they're so pretty but you would never want to invite them at home, the fear of HIV and a Lady that might have been killed alive (a story of a corper that invited one and she died on spot the guy couldn't complete his service and was compel to be jail for offence he's innocent of)

just tell their ladies you're in abroad or you've container on the sea, na yakata dem go fall for you, some might even dash you money ignorantly

Philanthropic life

corpers that served there can testify projects carried out there always meet a serious setback because the rich men they always seek assistance from do turned them down

what surprise me more is their rich men, I mean those with big and exotic cars who bring kegs to fetch to buy water outside

only Igbo like them understand that you must not envy big houses at that end because the source my scare you. I met a Yoruba who called himself herbalist there, I stylishly asked him what brought him to Nnewi and he said don't you know Igbo like ritual a lot, that was prompt is relocation

Enmity

many of their kinsmen can't even go/visit village because of their pull them down syndrome that had become their habit at that end. I have a corper friend who always change to mufti whenever she's travelling from CDs just because of this wickedness of this people. the only Igbo that might relate well with you are those that have stepped out of their village and east to west, south or north, you see those that live in the village don't mess with them or else you're a goner, person wey dey used their own for suya, how much less non relative ?

marital life

if you want to marry Anambra lady, don't make a mistake to settle with the one in the village, you will regret your life. you can choose from those that live all their life out of east even among themselves in that Anambra there is always discrimination when it comes to marriage

I'm sure this is not news that some Igbo who aren't from IMO always runaway from mbaise girls, why this happened till date elude my common sense because their reason is not enough to justify such dumb rejection

Hatred will kill you....

But many years later you will find out you are related to the igbos.

6 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:25am On Dec 17, 2019
AmericanQuarter:

Lies. When last did you go to Onitsha. Once you enter Onitsha, this is the first impression you get. The city is wearing a new look because the major roads and inner streets have long be fixed with street lights almost everywhere and proper organization and clean environment. This pictures were from yesterday afternoon.

If you no careful, them go obtain you for Onistha, that's the first hand knowledge I have.

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BlackfireX: 10:27am On Dec 17, 2019
timibare:
So no attempt to eat you? Den no pull clifford Orji stunt on you abi

So says ....

Descendant of a fallen demon, from a brown roof republic whose IGR is skull mining.

4 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by 2nattie(m): 10:29am On Dec 17, 2019
alfarouq:
How gidado take enter him name?

Know od Gidado in Ekiti State
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Myhusband(m): 10:29am On Dec 17, 2019
BlackfireX:

Hatred will kill you....

But many years later you will find out you are related to the igbos.

hatred? stating out fact is Hatred

Myhusband has no hatred against anyone but I have zero tolerance for people that don't value human lives

If you read this attach pic then go back and read my post

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 10:29am On Dec 17, 2019
I have never seen or heard any yoruba bearing Gidado as a name.. and I have been to the SE(anambra and Enugu). So all what this guy is saying here are his own observations....
Let me rest here

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 17, 2019
maiyee:
lucky you! i served or I'm serving in the west, precisely, and my stay there has changed my perception of the yorubas. Before i was posted to the west, infact, i desired to be posted to the west, but getting there the harsh treatment i and other non- yoruba corpers, especially the Igbos, have received is so terrible. I mean, their hatred for the igbos is so much, such that they may like you at first meeting but once you reveal that you are Igbo, they hate you immediately. serving in a yoruba village as an Igbo corper is terrible, i mean we came here to serve you guys, we are just corpers, why the hatred? they would treat other yoruba corpers better than you, finding every reason to discredit you, before you say I'm biased in my generalisation, i experienced this, from the motor park, to my PPA and even in the copers lodge where you see segregation between the yoruba and non yoruba corpers. Honestly i used to love the yorubas but my experience here has made me detest having anything to do with them. even the hausas are more welcoming and accomodating.

Hatred either way is not nice. But do ensure you don't try to use your life to prove otherwise by marrying a Yoruba man.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 17, 2019
[quote author=dokie post=84983296]

Dont feel too bad about it, for that bias towards the igbos is almost unavoidable, and it doesn't mean yorubas are bad. It will take a very magnanimous people not to have a negative bias towards the igbos.

Igboland does not have many "strangers" living amongst them. As a result, the few that show up are treated quite warmly and are appreciated. On the flip side, igbos have infiltrated every nook and cranny of the nigerian state in large numbers, competing aggressively with the locals and doing even better than many of the locals in their own lands. Add that to the fact that an average igbo person has a high sense of self pride or confidence (which is usually perceived as arrogance), and you will understand why there is that animosity towards the igbos everywhere in nigeria including the South South part of the country.

That is our lot as igbos. Let's live with it.

Hmmmm
So true

3 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by shaw2(m): 10:32am On Dec 17, 2019
I know one guy Femi, came to my village as a corps member. Got married to our beautiful Igbo daughter. Have kids, landing properties etc. Living large.
Sometimes when I come village and see him I'm always happy for him blc I like hard working and friendly people.
Unlike my experience in Yola I was tagged Yamiri. My HOD who happened to be my project supervisor rejected me blc I'm Igbo.
Some will say I'm lying but what will u assume when u and ur fellow students, who are allocated to the HOD for project supervision asked all of us to introduce ourselves. We were 7 in number, when it reached my turn immediately I mentioned my name this man changed his mode became angry and said he won't supervise me before my fellow students. I was so humiliated, felt rejected, I begged ( for doing nothing )him for minutes all to no avail he asked his secretary to see me off. What pained me the most is that the fact that the said HOD is a Christian just like me.
It was tough experience had a Fulani friend Ali who I see as my brother then and he was too exceptional to me.
Will forever be grateful for all he did for me throughout my my stay in the school.
It's good to be good. No one knows tomorrow. I can't be a fool to see my fellow human as my enemy no matter the tribe, religion and race.

8 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Perkins2018: 10:34am On Dec 17, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Quite unfortunate, well, it is typical of them, but what can I say, people tend to envy or hate people who are far better and greater than they are. It is also a sign of inferiority and lack of self worth. So my dear, don't blame them.

No. Yorubas simply see you guys as inferior.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Tranquillity360: 10:34am On Dec 17, 2019
jahsharon:
I did my NYSC at Onitsha - Oweri Expressway. Anambra girls are the most beautiful in the country. Fulani girls are very beautiful, Kanuri and Shua Arabs girls are very beautiful. Port Harcourt girls are very beautiful. Benue girls are very beautiful. Ondo and Ekiti girls are quite beautiful. But Anambra girls are the most beautiful. I almost stayed back at Anambra fter my NYSC because of Anambra Agnels, these girls are super beautiful.

However, Igbos generally love money too much. As at 2002 when I was doing NYSC, sachet water was 10 Naira per sachet while it was still 5Naira in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. The market women also charged me excess for anything I was buying.
Do your tribe hate money.

5 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Cousiim: 10:34am On Dec 17, 2019
This is true, I served in Anambra (Nnokwa) state and I've been missing the state ever since I left!

4 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 10:35am On Dec 17, 2019
dokie:

Dont feel too bad about it, for that bias towards the igbos is almost unavoidable, and it doesn't mean yorubas are bad. It will take a very magnanimous people not to have a negative bias towards the igbos.

Igboland does not have many "strangers" living amongst them. As a result, the few that show up are treated quite warmly and are appreciated. On the flip side, igbos have infiltrated every nook and cranny of the nigerian state in large numbers, competing aggressively with the locals and doing even better than many of the locals in their own lands. Add that to the fact that an average igbo person has a high sense of self pride or confidence (which is usually perceived as arrogance), and you will understand why there is that animosity towards the igbos everywhere in nigeria including the South South part of the country.

That is our lot as igbos. Let's live with it.

The reason is this,
there is animosity towards igbos everywhere in the world...
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 10:36am On Dec 17, 2019
Perkins2018:

No. Yorubas simply see you guys as inferior.
allow them to chestbeat.. i have been to that anmbra they brag aboutgringrin

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Ndipe(m): 10:38am On Dec 17, 2019
NYSC is a worthy scheme in fostering unity, but corpers should be well paid.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 17, 2019
danot1030:
You just made some people's heads swell.

Anyway let's give them the opportunity to enjoy the ecomium since they so much crave for it.
Nkita lachaa gi anya, anu ofia mmuo!
Onumashiri ogiri,, ukwa fruit fall on you

11 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by blackjackson284(m): 10:40am On Dec 17, 2019
gideonvalor98:

Not only that. You people are generally disrespectful. There is difference between being fearless or courageous and being rude or disrespectful. I saw that firsthand. I served in eziowelle in their community secondary, those student are so rude, even to the principal.
But we corpers then were much there - like 12 or more than(almost half of us were Yoruba), we handle them with strict hands and we occasionally had some faceoffs and we do walk at least in threes when going out.
One thing that make them feared us more then was, a new batch corper(female) has a soldier boyfriend and about 3 of them accompanied her to owe. The bottom line is, you people are disrespectful to other tribes and even to yourselves. CHANGE
so eziowelle is the whole igbo land ?and those stupid kids represents the millions of southeast people?
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by danot1030: 10:43am On Dec 17, 2019
goldony:

Nkita lachaa gi anya, anu ofia mmuo!
Onumashiri ogiri,, ukwa fruit fall on you

Wetin?

Back to sender abeegi!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Anambralstson: 10:43am On Dec 17, 2019
Kennyswagzz:
I have never seen or heard any yoruba bearing Gidado as a name.. and I have been to the SE(anambra and Enugu). So all what this guy is saying here are his own observations....
Let me rest here
I can pay for your Tfair to explore southeast, then you will know you are still in cave. grin

8 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by abundanceseun: 10:44am On Dec 17, 2019
I had my National Service in Anambra. quote author
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by eodavids(m): 10:44am On Dec 17, 2019
Well said my guy.

You are a true Nigerian
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Emyben(m): 10:45am On Dec 17, 2019
Omoodua007:
Legendhero despite being majorly Christian the Catholics still control all of them

I don't understand you, are Catholics not Christians?
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Perkins2018: 10:45am On Dec 17, 2019
maiyee:
you have a point, but this isn't an excuse enough, even to corpers who left their homes to better another mansland and would likely leave after a year

Ipob has destroyed every goodwill you guys might enjoy in Yoruba land. Yorubas used to love strangers even more than indigenes. How do you think there are millions of igbos in our land if we were not welcoming? My grandma gave no less than 5 Igbo people land free of charge. But you guys are ingrates born to hate.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 17, 2019
AmericanQuarter:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/naija-fashion/364146-my-service-year-purged-me-of-tribal-stereotype-graduating-corps-member.html

You were very truthful and your observations were right, even lucid for one to comprehend.
I wished I married an Anambra man,as I felt bad leaving my beloved state.
Anambra ladies are blessed with business acumen, homeliness, elegance, good height, we love to make money to look our best.
I enjoyed my nysc in Iwo, Osun state,very hospitable people, food was so cheap,cow meat so cheap ,as there was abbatoir... Who knew"sodamus"....I visited Oluponna

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Perkins2018: 10:46am On Dec 17, 2019
Anambralstson:

I can pay for your Tfair to explore southeast, then you will know you are still in cave. grin
The guy can never be Yoruba with that surname.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Anambralstson: 10:46am On Dec 17, 2019
[s]
Perkins2018:

Ipob has destroyed every goodwill you guys might enjoy in Yoruba land. Yorubas used to love strangers even more than indigenes. How do you think there are millions of igbos in our land if we were not welcoming? My grandma gave no less than 5 Igbo people land free of charge. But you guys are ingrates born to hate.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Cti28(m): 10:46am On Dec 17, 2019
Randy100:
Why do Yorubas think that Igbos are disrespectful? Is it because Igbos don't lie face down to greet their elders? It is ridiculous.
Yes because we don't lie face down to greet.

3 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Perkins2018: 10:47am On Dec 17, 2019
goldony:

You were very truthful and your observations were right, even lucid for one to comprehend.
I wished I married an Anambra man,as I felt bad leaving my beloved state.
Anambra ladies are blessed with business acumen, homeliness, elegance, good height, we love to make money to look our best.
I enjoyed my nysc in Iwo, Osun state,very hospitable people, food was so cheap,cow meat so cheap ,as there was abbatoir... Who knew"sodamus"....I visited Oluponna

Cc: maiyee
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by jojothaiv(m): 10:48am On Dec 17, 2019
BabaRamota1980:
First and foremost, there is no family compound in Yorubaland called GIDADO, which is the surname the corper identified himself.

Tell him to re-identify.
GIDADO na confirm HAUSA name but I've come across Yorubas bearing such names particularly SANUSI etal...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by danot1030: 10:48am On Dec 17, 2019
goaldynboy:

You are one of the untravelled, unexposed and tribalistic illiterates that the Op mentioned!!

Don't say what you don't know because i can get you lost in your own very land.

But wait oh, that kick for me alone, you won kill person, wetin i do?

tongue cool
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Sofistcatdmoron: 10:48am On Dec 17, 2019
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) / Is She The Biggest Female Copper In Nigeria? / Male Corper Carries Two Female Corpers On Both Hands At The Same Time (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.