Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,302 members, 7,822,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) (101457 Views)

Say No To Cultism,how I Joined The Supreme Maphite,and Almost Got Killed By NBM / Abidemi Rufai Arrested In New York For Defrauding Washington State / Fake Army Officer Arrested At Military Base Where He Lived For Over 2 Years. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by dederocs(m): 8:03pm On Dec 17, 2019
pacespot:

So ikorodu is that bad for crime like this?
It's dangerous to be a giraffe in the middle of hyenas, all they need is an opportunity to eat...
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 8:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
Rilley:
Why did he come back to this shíthole..

Because this "shithole" is home to us.

You can't realize the pull of Nigeria until you've been gone for decades.

Don't blame him for coming back to his hometown, blame the insecurity in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by midnighter(f): 8:14pm On Dec 17, 2019
nokatakata:

because the country is useless. How can you live for 45 years peacefully in another country and you come back to your homeland and get killed before spending a month. There are many other annoying stories of people who return and get killed or robbed by police and SARs. The properties should be for business purpose and if you intend to live in it then build it in a more reasonable place not in some ikorodu jungle . better still, enjoy your money and don;t build shi.t

It depends on a lot of things.

Where the person decides to settle

What kind of family and support network the person has

Whether the person is in good health

Whether the person still has an income stream or is just relying on retirement money

The person's actual personality- being outgoing and easily getting into conversations with people is different from somebody who likes to keep to themselves. Being arrogant, flashing wealth and looking down on people is different from being low-key, humble and willing to help people or blend with the crowd

It just depends. You can't use one example to condemn people to stay abroad forever, doesn't make sense

2 Likes

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by emecheboy2(m): 8:16pm On Dec 17, 2019
I can't imagine myself going to ikorodu for any reason. That zone is the new Syria/Yemen of Lagos.
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
YOUNGELDER1:
Ikorodu .. Yemen of Lagos

Na u go live for Yemen...see im face embarassed
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
midnighter:

Wow. Didn't your family have anything to say about that
we are still Arguing over it, i wanted to get him Arrested, taken to court and Jailed. but my mother begged me not to.. she will try and sort it out and get my property back to me this christmas when the whole family and kindreds comes together she promised. So i will see how it goes in the next 2 weeks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
BlackfireX:
To survive this shithole, a lot of times you need to dample your brilliancy and success.

Sometimes I park my three cars at home and trek ,call me stupiddo , but is survival adaptation.

Humans are wicked.

Your head is there.

My daily driver is a 1980 something Subaru Kurupe backed by an old 4Runner. Sometimes you'll find me in Keke Marwa.

I even learnt that bank staff sometimes set you up. So I diversify my banking.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 8:24pm On Dec 17, 2019
planetx:
After 45 years you will be terribly home sick.

They just can't understand.

Me that will sit in Los Angeles be searching for videos of Ibadan on YouTube so I can daydream about being back home sad

1 Like

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 17, 2019
BlackfireX:
To survive this shithole, a lot of times you need to dample your brilliancy and success.

Sometimes I park my three cars at home and trek ,call me stupiddo , but is survival adaptation.

Humans are wicked.
if it's that bad, why would you need 3 cars? i mean, what would be the point? if you couldn't even drive them.
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by BlackfireX: 8:26pm On Dec 17, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Your head is there.

My daily driver is a 1980 something Subaru Kurupe backed by an old 4Runner. Sometimes you'll find me in Keke Marwa.

I even learnt that bank staff sometimes set you up. So I diversify my banking.

Like a place in Ibadan is called MONATAN....don't expose all
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 8:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
Normally:
Hmmm...this is not nice news at all to the family.
After all this years, what how's around comes around too o.
Some ppl have no forgiveness in their dictionary.

quote author=sarrki post=84976685]Humans are naturally wicked

It’s painful

Stories like this won’t make Nigerians in diaspora never dream of returning home

https://www.facebook.com/1659313784/posts/10219471298887339/?app=fbl

The ones that want to come will come.

I did.
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 8:31pm On Dec 17, 2019
anonymous1759:

Anybody can die anywhere we should stop all these crap Tagging Nigeria as a dead zone.

They really need to stop the sad news mongering.
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 8:35pm On Dec 17, 2019
midnighter:

This is a wrong statement; they can come back and stay for the rest of their lives if they want to as far as they take good precautions.

Building properties that they'll never live in? Why

Why are you banishing somebody from their country? undecided One week bawo

It's sad that some people are like him.
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 8:39pm On Dec 17, 2019
Antichristus:
RIP. No one knows tomorrow. If he knew this would happen, he would have avoided it at all cost. He may originally be from Korodu and be encouraged by his kinsmen to build his home there. Nowhere is safe, even Lekki. The thing is I’ve seen people build homes in their remote villages in States, including Ekiti, Ondo, Edo, Kwara, etc. In some of these locations, you’ll count less than 200 houses.

For me, I haven’t been back in Nigeria for 20 years and won’t. Nigeria is simply a death trap. Years ago, I renounced my Nigerian citizenship, shredded my Nigerian passport and posted it to my nearest Nigerian High Commission. It’s a shame of nations and the laughing stock of the world.
Iol at posting your shredded Nigeria passport to the embassy grin
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by anonymous1759(m): 8:44pm On Dec 17, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

They really need to stop the sad news mongering.

It's sickening, complex has eaten deep in their Brains. Same people who think fraudsters give us bad name don't know that the press, security agencies and youths give is more bad name by spreading Negative Vibes everywhere and every time.

1 Like

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by koning: 8:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
Origin:
Living in Ikorodu did not kill him.

New york that is the most dangerous city in the world.

Someone killed him and his death was irrelevant to the location.

Why he was killed is another matter. (

Don't mind all these paupers who do not own a piece of block anywhere in Lagos. What has living in Ikorodu got to do with his murder. The Hungarian woman that was killied in Ikoyi nko?!!.

Besides, there are no details of how and why he was killed. Ikorodu, Lekki and Ajah are actually linked. Only a small lake separates them and these criminals move around. Anyone could be killed in any city in Nigeria. the only safe place are interior villages. One just have to take precautions.

1 Like

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by seye4nii(f): 9:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
midnighter:

This is a wrong statement; they can come back and stay for the rest of their lives if they want to as far as they take good precautions.

Building properties that they'll never live in? Why

Why are you banishing somebody from their country? undecided One week bawo

really like your statement how can someone build a house he can not sleep in and keep lodging in hotel even coming to spend 3weeks in nigeria is not even enough talk lees one week i think he did not even know how costly it is to come to nigeria for holiday and you will keep spending one week LAILAI KO JO
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by DenreleDave(m): 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
PastorandMentor:
So because he talked about owning 3 cars, you feel he has a job for you.
You mumu ooo

Ur Papa mumu
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by sixtus20: 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2019
Well that is Nigeria for u.
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by Beautyaddy: 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2019
Hmmm...the man most likely got killed from a well-known to him family member. undecided
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by Beautyaddy: 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2019
Rilley:
lol!...to retire now.

Unfortunately, that's a common trend with most people who have lived years after years abroad...and that is to move back to Nigeria to retire and enjoy time with family members.
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by swedbase(m): 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2019
gypsey:
Once in 3 years?!! grin that is not Enough! **jokes**.

i Visit Every year, i will be in IGBOland next week for christmas.

what's cold weather like in Sweden? you know? i would love to speak Any other european language Apart from English.

Good that you go home every year. Where do you base? Yea its always good to speak other language too

If i should be coming home every year i wouldn't be visiting other Countries for vacations. We are -8 today not bad if you ask me
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
Some parts of New York are not safe either. People get killed in new york almost everyday

1 Like

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by midnighter(f): 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
seye4nii:

really like your statement how can someone build a house he can not sleep in and keep lodging in hotel even coming to spend 3weeks in nigeria is not even enough talk lees one week i think he did not even know how costly it is to come to nigeria for holiday and you will keep spending one week LAILAI KO JO

Lol I understand where the guy was coming from but that stuff he said was too extreme.

The point of having an accommodation in the first place is so that you wont be perching on relatives and attracting insults everywhere. After the whole wahala you will now begin to lodge in hotel so that nobody will kill you, haba. Hotel is nice anyway but its better to arrange yourself so that you wont be afraid to come back and stay in your house

Not to mention if you have children who need to see where they come from, that one is also important. What cultural lesson can kids learn from a hotel Apart from eating eba with a fork
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by midnighter(f): 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2019
gypsey:
we are still Arguing over it, i wanted to get him Arrested, taken to court and Jailed. but my mother begged me not to.. she will try and sort it out and get my property back to me this christmas when the whole family and kindreds comes together she promised. So i will see how it goes in the next 2 weeks.

Okay, good luck sir... I hope you are able to resolve it because its not fair at all
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by midnighter(f): 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2019
EgunMogaji2:
It's sad that some people are like him.

Lol. I can see that he is just feeling sad for the poor fellow in the OP who lost his life.

He has a point anyway because the country is relatively unsafe according to statistics but that doesnt mean people living in the place are stupid

Even in Syria people are still moving fine so everybody should just plan himself
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by mrchineke: 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2019
Rilley:

Because YOU have never been abroad. You really believe all these white countries are heaven on earth? What a pity, you will be shocked!!!!

1 Like

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by mrchineke: 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
Lexusgs430:
The reason i am never returning to reside permanently in Nigeria......

I retire where i spent my working life.........

Igbo man, you no get home to go back to!
Biafra land is horror

1 Like

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by mrchineke: 10:11pm On Dec 17, 2019
AngelicBeing:
l took same decisions years ago, l am only a visitor to Nigeria, diasporans returning back to live in Nigeria should be extra careful and cautious because Nigeria is the current headquarters of Hell fire on earth, full of blood thirsty heartless desperate humans ready to kill for a morsel of porridge, a country where 21 states has been declared unsafe for western visitors and the current headquarters of extreme poverty in the world

Nigeria is a failed state after the order of Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, South Sudan and Libya, Somalia, Nigeria should be auctioned off on eBay or Alibaba to richer western nations, watch as zombies and patriotic citizens will attack this post sad

Talk about igboland. That useless place
Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by beewhy009(m): 10:12pm On Dec 17, 2019
Pataricatering:
Apparently nobody died by armed robbers or assassins in Nigeria before 2015 ? Very ignorant comment !

What a reply from an Ignoramus!

When it's all shouts of change, was it not to change from bad to better? Was it not to change from such to an improved more safer society?
Are you now safe yourself? Have you had an encounter with the SARS before? Talkless the robbers or assassins? Was the post referencing a time line better than the other?

1 Like

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by mrchineke: 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2019
OChimex:

Exaxtly my question. How could one live 45 damn years in heaven and decided to come settle in a slump/ghetto like ikorodu?

This guy would have at least thought of settling in VI naaaa. haba.

Nigeria is full of idiots, imagine "heaven"? Heaven for where?

1 Like

Re: He Lived In New York For 45 Years, Got Killed In Ikorodu (Photos) by mrchineke: 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ace5:

because he came back to die in peace and be buried in his home land, but this shithole of a country has finally killed him in pieces

Because ignorant idiots like this person has never been to abroad. Keep calling your homeland "shithole". You think oyinbos are welcoming you to their country abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Shoots His Wife Dead In Nkporo, Abia. Youths Set Him Ablaze (graphic Photos) / It Doesn’t Take Me Time To Kill – Aiye Butcher / Explosion Rocks NNPC Depot In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.