Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,289 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out (32166 Views)

SARS Demanded N1m As Bail After ‘abducting’ Me, Nigerian Says / Man Cries Out After SARS Extorted Him For Owning An Iphone And 50k In His Accoun / My Nephews Killed My Mother - Nigerian Man Based In Italy (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by armadeo(m): 5:24pm On Dec 17, 2019
Badgers14:

Not necessarily...what about those kidnapped and had to pay millions to regain their freedom

.. it is cheaper ransom compared to been kidnapped... I am not commending the "police" for extorting this guy.. I am just saying.. when your life is on the line, you could pay any amount to regain your freedom.

Oga..you are on the road and police stop you point gun say pay us 600k. How do they know you have the amount. What led to the search. How did they know you can transfer.

It's different from kidnapping. If 600k is the toll fee on the Express many news will be on front page
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by armadeo(m): 5:26pm On Dec 17, 2019
Slymonster:

You asked a very weird question. You have not been stopped by sars in a lonely place obviously. Just allow those guys check your phone and mistakenly see your alert balance and that balance is strong while you look fresh.You will know what's up when you are in a lonely place. That's when you will see eye communication between themselves.
I always advice people to delete their bank alert immediately.

Different strokes sha. Maybe God has been good to me. No policeman has ever asked to see my phone before.
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by Csami(m): 5:27pm On Dec 17, 2019
lonelydora:
Wait ooo, which juju do they use on you guys to pay such money?

For someone to even agree to pay 500k means there is something fishy about him

Ya mad! Pray you don't encounter them.
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by Correcto: 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
People are scare
Foxman19:
I don't understand. How police would ask you to pay a certain amount when you are not commit any crime.
Maybe this one is a Yahoo Yahoo too.
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by drmikeadams(m): 5:31pm On Dec 17, 2019
Guyman02:

With a gun to your head and threat of killing and dumping your body in the bush and telling you that nothing will happen as they will tag you an armed robber who was shot dead during an exchange of fire with men of SARS you wont know when you transfer the money to them angry
grin grin grin. Make them dey argue,most people Neva understand SARS,,pray not encounter em,,

4 Likes

Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by ayaside(m): 5:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
A typical reason why visiting Nigeria is such a bad idea. I know some people who have said God should never allow them to have anything to do with naija after balling out...Can you blame them even after you read something like this?

4 Likes

Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by AreaFada2: 5:34pm On Dec 17, 2019
Monaco2:
Wat exactly did dey say was his crime?!? If he did nothing y did he transfer such amount to them?!?

The story no complete o, d dude should say the truth
They must have found something incriminating on him for him to caugh out such amount
Argue with them and lose your life. They must have seen how fresh he looked. That's enough offence for SARS.

1 Like

Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by drmikeadams(m): 5:37pm On Dec 17, 2019
ChristineC:

don't count on it.

I have been billed #1.5m February this year travelling with my cousin on Ore express. the casual way the men asked for the money because they saw foreign currency in my bag was so funny to me, I burst out laughing.

they became so infuriated with my laughter that they started to threaten my cousin with a gun because he was the man or something.

please forget oo, that country is done. let's not deceive ourselves at all.
grin ;Make them dey argue d reality wey dey on ground
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by Perkins2018: 5:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
iyerikan12:
The question is that, what have you done before the negotiation or agreed to pay such a huge amount of money?.

When sars see you they ask for your phone and ask you to check your account balance. Their negotiations are based on your account balance. Maybe the guy had millions in his account because he was based abroad.
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by halogate: 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2019
.I honestly believe keeping ur cool when stopped this goes along way.

I remember 2 yrs back when my friend and I were traveling from Abuja to Ilorin. when it got to the turn of SARS to stop us...we were already too tired from the journey to display any agility. we just dey look and answer the guy like mumu and like say we know dey in a hurry. After searching from back to front.. from roof to under the car...them finally release us.

1 Like

Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by Perkins2018: 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
gypsey:
How did they know he could do transfer and had such money? Good questions?

Why was he even carrying his bank transfer infor. on him?

If he had just 50k naira on him, how would they had known he had more? will they have just taken the 50k and left him alone? if so, why 600k?

And yes! they are criminals, but why 600k? why not 50, 100, or even 150k?

I hope you don’t have a banking app on your phone cos they will ask you to log in and negotiate based on your account balance. The guy might be having millions in his account.
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by Badgers14: 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2019
armadeo:

Oga..you are on the road and police stop you point gun say pay us 600k. How do they know you have the amount. What led to the search. How did they know you can transfer.

It's different from kidnapping. If 600k is the toll fee on the Express many news will be on front page

My brother, leave Mata for Mathias.....

Let's pray we dont ever meet any of this evil "police" on our way...

1 Like

Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by Perkins2018: 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
armadeo:

Oga we are talking 600k here oh. No be armed robbers for night. How did they know he had such amount, phone? How did they know he could transfer app? Why did they stop him of all people on the road village tins?

Questions plenty. The guy hand no clean. If na 50k I for say ok dem obtain am but 600k via transfer guy you sef check am.

Guy the first thing is they will collect your phone and ask you to log in to your account. Your balance depends on your negotiation. Maybe the guy had millions. Pray you don’t meet them o. The express way in a lonely bush. They will point their gun at you and threaten to kill you and frame you up. Dead men don’t talk.
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by akdjr(m): 5:53pm On Dec 17, 2019
I am going to take this case to Twitter till the officer is caught and jailed .
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by joyandfaith: 5:53pm On Dec 17, 2019
brookz:
Inside Life O to ri Deeper Life....
Bros, you sure say you no be Yahoo boy? cool
even if he is a devil, why robbing him?
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by joyandfaith: 5:53pm On Dec 17, 2019
brookz:
Inside Life O to ri Deeper Life....
even if he is a devil, why robbing him?
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by Perkins2018: 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2019
armadeo:

You are very funny. Don’t you know they check phones and ask you to log in to your banking app? Maybe the guy had millions in his account.
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2019
Perkins2018:

I hope you don’t have a banking app on your phone cos they will ask you to log in and negotiate based on your account balance. The guy might be having millions in his account.
Possibly, And NO! i don't have a banking app It's a big Risk Having that on a phone in Nigeria. i don't even use smart phones when ever i am in Nigeria, I don't travel by land especially from lagos, i carry less than 200k cash on me, And i use Nokia 3310 1999 model As long as it can make calls, i am fine. The way i iook, i don't take chances with them criminals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by LabDNA: 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2019
Get a lawyer or human right officer to write to the CP and the bank.

The owner of the account should be arrested on sight, he will vomit his share and mention his accomplices.

1 Like

Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by Perkins2018: 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2019
gypsey:
Possibly, And NO! i don't have a banking app It's a big Risk Having that on a phone in Nigeria. i don't even use smart phones when ever i am in Nigeria, I don't travel by land especially from lagos, i carry less than 200k cash on me, And i use Nokia 3310 1999 model As long as it can make calls, i am fine. The way i iook, i don't take chances with them criminals.

Good for you. The guy is a jjc and they preyed on that. Someone returning from abroad will look fresh and they saw heavy money on him.
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by Perkins2018: 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2019
LabDNA:
Get a lawyer of human right officer to write to the CP and the bank.

The owner of the account should be arrested on sight, he will vomit his share and mention his accomplices.

Sterling bank has responded to him on Twitter. I’m sure they will place a hold on that account number. The police has also responded on Twitter.

1 Like

Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 17, 2019
Perkins2018:

Good for you. The guy is a jjc and they preyed on that. Someone returning from abroad will look fresh and they saw heavy money on him.
I believe that is what happened. it's also a bad Idea carrying an ATM card. which i believe he must have been Also carrying on him.
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2019
Perkins2018:

Sterling bank has responded to him on Twitter. I’m sure they will place a hold on that account number. The police has also responded on Twitter.
Really? That is a good development, Depending on what their responses are

This Appalling Treatments by SARS must stop!!
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by armadeo(m): 6:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
Perkins2018:

You are very funny. Don’t you know they check phones and ask you to log in to your banking app? Maybe the guy had millions in his account.

Well for security reasons such as this that information shouldn't be on his phone IMO.

I still believe that his hand isnt clean though imo
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by dannie007(m): 6:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
AceRoyal:
A Nigerian man based in Netherlands has cried out on Twitter after been extorted of N600,000 via bank transfer by men believed to be SARS operatives along the Benin-Lagos express way.
Narrating his ordeal he called on the Nigerian police authorities as well as, well meaning Nigerians to aid him trace the SARS operatives and get justice.

https://mobile.twitter.com/D_Denniseman/status/1206288637941485571

If what you are saying is true then whatsapp your evidence to the numbers you see

Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by InvertedHammer: 6:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
lonelydora:

/
When cornered in the middle of no where by an armed group with the threat to kill you and nobody will know, what will you do?

If and when you or your family member gets kidnapped, feel free to question the rationale for paying ransom.

This was kidnapping by uniformed personnel. Interstate road travel in Nigeria as a returnee is a no no. There had been a video circulating online since October warning returnees about SARS around Benin axis. I guess this victim chose to ignore the warning.

Go to Nigeria if it is very necessary. Otherwise, no sane being should pack up and fly into the jungle.
/

2 Likes

Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by Perkins2018: 6:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
gypsey:
I believe that is what happened. it's also a bad Idea carrying an ATM card. which i believe he must have been Also carrying on him.

He would have known all these if he had been living in Nigeria. Armed robbery has stopped in Nigeria and the Nigerian police have picked up the profession.
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by Daddy46: 6:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
AceRoyal:
A Nigerian man based in Netherlands has cried out on Twitter after been extorted of N600,000 via bank transfer by men believed to be SARS operatives along the Benin-Lagos express way.
Narrating his ordeal he called on the Nigerian police authorities as well as, well meaning Nigerians to aid him trace the SARS operatives and get justice.

https://mobile.twitter.com/D_Denniseman/status/1206288637941485571
SARS and buhari help us which way na
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by trutht828: 6:11pm On Dec 17, 2019
brookz:
Inside Life
O to ri Deeper Life....

Even if he is a Yahoo boy, does that justify extortion? Or the lawful punishment for being a Yahoo boy is police extortion?

Some people just comment like dumb idiots. Some of these people are better dead than alive.

2 Likes

Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2019
Perkins2018:

He would have known all these if he had been living in Nigeria. Armed robbery has stopped in Nigeria and the Nigerian police have picked up the profession.
yep! or if he Visted regularly like i do. I will be down there for christmas nex week.

grin grin grin @Nigerian police have picked up Armed robbery, Sad truth.

Some one on here said the Nigerian police have responded to him on twitter, i wonder what their responses were.
Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by Ladycewhy(f): 6:15pm On Dec 17, 2019
lonelydora:

you want him to get shot and be shown on TV as an armed robber? Seems you don't know the length these men in black can go.

1 Like

Re: SARS Extorted N600,000 From Me - Nigerian Man Based In Netherlands Cries Out by LabDNA: 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2019
ChristineC:

don't count on it.

I have been billed #1.5m February this year travelling with my cousin on Ore express. the casual way the men asked for the money because they saw foreign currency in my bag was so funny to me, I burst out laughing.

they became so infuriated with my laughter that they started to threaten my cousin with a gun because he was the man or something.

please forget oo, that country is done. let's not deceive ourselves at all.

And you guys paid and left them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Brother, 6 Other Osun Partygoers Died Mysteriously After Drinking Skushies / US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC / Bayelsa Cultists Caught & Tied Up While Holding Meeting At Their Hideout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.