Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Buhari Welcomes Proposal By Hyundai To Set Up Car Plant In Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Welcomes Proposal By Hyundai To Set Up Car Plant In Nigeria (34337 Views)

Buhari Welcomes Release Of 23 Kaduna Train Attack Victims With Much Happiness / Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port / ₦322M Fraud: EFCC To Appeal Nwaoboshi’s Victory As Buhari Welcomes Him To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Welcomes Proposal By Hyundai To Set Up Car Plant In Nigeria by foreshore(m): 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2019
Re: Buhari Welcomes Proposal By Hyundai To Set Up Car Plant In Nigeria by Myde4naija(m): 11:12pm On Dec 18, 2019
[s]
GENEGIRIA:
Who told you? Stop writing crap! The fact that Nigeria’s population is 200 million doesn’t necessarily translate into a bigger market. Don’t forget 120 million Nigerians are considered very very poor. Every 6 minutes, a nigerian falls into the poverty trap. Market is not population. Market is about purchasing power.

[/s]

Since you are very excited about this Crap, let me clear your empty skull.

Just get your mathematics right, 200million minus 120million equals 80million which is about three times your filthy Ghana population.

Let me use your crappy foreign statistics that excite you so much..... 24% of 30million are still extremely poor in Ghana, while Ghana citizens unfriendly policies has incapacitate over 70% of their purchasing power, definitely less than 5million of your population can actually purchase a bottle of coca cola after every meal, tell me how on earth you people can purchase a brand new car,

Mind you! If all of your remaining 5million can purchase a car its just about 7-8% of the said 80million Nigeria you have agreed are not poor.

Tell me where in Africa can you get has huge as even 10million populace that can actually purchase a brand new vehicle if not in Nigeria.

Y'all will soon wake up to the reality in no time.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Proposal By Hyundai To Set Up Car Plant In Nigeria by TruthSpeaker: 2:40am On Dec 19, 2019
Johans1991:
Very good development. Let see the stupid Toyota that choose Ghana instead of Nigeria who have the largest percentage of Toyota products in Africa.
We have the population (market) therefore we should call the shut. With the closing of the boarder,any company that is not producing in the country will suffer huge lost.
God bless buhari
POWER ISN’T AN ISSUE In GHANA, SO TOYOTA TOOK THE RIGHT DECISION. IF YOU DON’T PROVIDE A CONDUCIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR MANUFACTURING, HOW DO YOU EXPECT NIGERIA TO BE ATTRACTIVE TO INVESTORS?
Re: Buhari Welcomes Proposal By Hyundai To Set Up Car Plant In Nigeria by Biodun556(m): 3:06am On Dec 19, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

*sips wine* cheesy cheesy

I knew they would come.

Stallion motors do not own Hyundai and acted as a subsidiary thus making the end product more expensive. Jonathan caused Stallion to fold up and not Buhari.

Now Buhari has attracted the main Hyundai and not a subsidiary and this would make the end product cheaper for everyone as no middle man would be involved

Buhari apparently is an investor attraction magnet and has attracted the big dog now and not the small fries your Jonathan attracted.

*Sips more wine* grin grin

Do you realize that INNOSON two is serving as middle man for a Chinese auto maker called BAIC and the price difference between the ones made in china and Nigeria is almost 100 percent.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Proposal By Hyundai To Set Up Car Plant In Nigeria by Biodun556(m): 3:08am On Dec 19, 2019
TruthSpeaker:

POWER ISN’T AN ISSUE In GHANA, SO TOYOTA TOOK THE RIGHT DECISION. IF YOU DON’T PROVIDE A CONDUCIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR MANUFACTURING, HOW DO YOU EXPECT NIGERIA TO BE ATTRACTIVE TO INVESTORS?

If their target is Nigerian market then they have lost it. How is innosson and others surviving in the same economy?
Re: Buhari Welcomes Proposal By Hyundai To Set Up Car Plant In Nigeria by TruthSpeaker: 6:24am On Dec 19, 2019
Biodun556:

If their target is Nigerian market then they have lost it. How is innosson and others surviving in the same economy?
THEIR FEAR MIGHT HAVE BEEN INCREASED BY THE FADE-AWAY OF PEUGEOT (PAN) IN NIGERIA. I THINK MICHELIN TYRE PRODUCTION IN NIGERIA ALSO CEASED A COUPLE OF YEARS BACK.
SINCE INNOSSON IS HOME BASED, DON’T EXPECT LEVEL PLAYING GROUND WITH FOREIGN INVESTORS. EVEN WITH OUR MASSIVE POPULATION, MICHELIN WAS FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO FIND BUSINESS SUFFICIENTLY PROFITABLE IN NIGERIA. MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS WILL RATHER BUY USED CARS THAN A NEW ONE. EVEN A BULK PERCENTAGE GO FOR USED TIRES INSTEAD OF NEW ONES.
FOR EXAMPLE IN LATIN AMERICA, ARGENTINA HAS A BIG TOYOTA & CHEVROLET PLANT THAT SUPPLIES BRAZIL, URUGUAY AND OTHER NEIGHBORS. WHILE BRAZIL HAS A BIG VOLKSWAGEN PLANT THAT ALSO SUPPLY NEIGHBORS. SO I GUESS TOYOTA DIDN’T SETTLE FOR GHANA WITH THE HOPE OF ONLY SELLING THE ASSEMBLED CARS IN GHANA. IT IS OBVIOUSLY MORE PROFITABLE PRODUCING IN A COUNTRY WITH AVAILABLE ENERGY AND CHEAP LABOUR.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Proposal By Hyundai To Set Up Car Plant In Nigeria by ThinkSmarter: 7:20am On Dec 19, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

I knew they would come.

Stallion motors do not own Hyundai and acted as a subsidiary thus making the end product more expensive. Jonathan caused Stallion to fold up and not Buhari.

Now Buhari has attracted the main Hyundai and not a subsidiary and this would make the end product cheaper for everyone as no middle man would be involved

Buhari apparently is an investor attraction magnet and has attracted the big dog now and not the small fries your Jonathan attracted.

*Sips more wine* grin grin
grin[quote author=ColonelEmeka post=84998351]

I knew they would come.

Buhari apparently is an inves
Re: Buhari Welcomes Proposal By Hyundai To Set Up Car Plant In Nigeria by GENEGIRIA: 11:36pm On Dec 20, 2019
Nonsense upon nonsense! You just wrote fvcking trash! Nigeria is the undisputed champions of world poverty. Every 6 minutes, a nigeria falls into the poverty trap. At this rate, everyone in that sh1thole will be become desperately poor by the time Buhari finishes his term

Instead of facing the reality of what that zoo has become, you are busy typing crass crap. People are being kidnapped upanddown in that sh1thole. How is that Ghana’s fault? Even to see garri salute belle sef Na wahala for Shitnigeria. Na brand new cars una wan buy? Nonsense

Myde4naija:
[s][/s]

Since you are very excited about this Crap, let me clear your empty skull.

Just get your mathematics right, 200million minus 120million equals 80million which is about three times your filthy Ghana population.

Let me use your crappy foreign statistics that excite you so much..... 24% of 30million are still extremely poor in Ghana, while Ghana citizens unfriendly policies has incapacitate over 70% of their purchasing power, definitely less than 5million of your population can actually purchase a bottle of coca cola after every meal, tell me how on earth you people can purchase a brand new car,

Mind you! If all of your remaining 5million can purchase a car its just about 7-8% of the said 80million Nigeria you have agreed are not poor.

Tell me where in Africa can you get has huge as even 10million populace that can actually purchase a brand new vehicle if not in Nigeria.

Y'all will soon wake up to the reality in no time.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Proposal By Hyundai To Set Up Car Plant In Nigeria by CSTR2: 5:49am On Dec 21, 2019
GENEGIRIA:
Who told you? Stop writing crap! The fact that Nigeria’s population is 200 million doesn’t necessarily translate into a bigger market. Don’t forget 120 million Nigerians are considered very very poor. Every 6 minutes, a nigerian falls into the poverty trap. Market is not population. Market is about purchasing power.

You must be incredibly deluded to believe Ghana has a purchasing power half the capacity of Nigeria.

You don't even have the purchasing power of small Kenya.

Your traders come to Nigeria to buy goods already imported by Nigerians because they can't afford to import it themselves.
And that is just one of many examples.

Your useless kasaprenko alomo company makes 2 million dollars a month in Nigeria by their own admission when we shut our borders.

Highly deluded Ghanaian. I wonder the kind of water you drink in Ghana that makes you to vomit nonsense like this.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Proposal By Hyundai To Set Up Car Plant In Nigeria by Myde4naija(m): 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2019
[s]
GENEGIRIA:
Nonsense upon nonsense! You just wrote fvcking trash! Nigeria is the undisputed champions of world poverty. Every 6 minutes, a nigeria falls into the poverty trap. At this rate, everyone in that sh1thole will be become desperately poor by the time Buhari finishes his term

Instead of facing the reality of what that zoo has become, you are busy typing crass crap. People are being kidnapped upanddown in that sh1thole. How is that Ghana’s fault? Even to see garri salute belle sef Na wahala for Shitnigeria. Na brand new cars una wan buy? Nonsense

[/s] good of you, i just thought you will prove me wrong but look at you just affirm the fact.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Discover Wreckage Of NAF Jet That Crashed In 2021 / Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims / Tony Nwulu Sponsored The Age Restriction Bill {photos}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.