Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? (4962 Views)

What Would You Do If Your Father-in-law Slapped You? / What I Did To The Cultist That Slapped My Sister / If My Wife Ever Kills Me, She Should Be Allowed To Live And Take Care Of My Chil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by Graxie(f): 9:18am On Dec 18, 2019
Why will your wife slap you? Is she mad? Anyway, this is your version of the story, we are yet to get her own side. Nobody deserves abusive spouse, if she is so hot tempered, tell her to leave. Don't develop hbp because of untrained adult. Her foundation is faulty, I am sure you are trying not to be like the normal nairaland husband that would have given her several knocks on the head just to prove that they are men. You did well from your narrative, but you need a breathing space from that woman. I hate people who hardly forgive or abusive. Allow her to see that you are not her punching bag, be wise. For those claiming maybe he has cheated, and so? Is that a yardstick for slapping? If she cannot cope with a cheater let her leave.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by Ajibade123(m): 9:29am On Dec 18, 2019
Women are so unpredictable
see 40 personality strength you need to imbibe and weakness to avoid https://explicitsuccess.com/personality-strengths-and-weaknesses/
Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by cococandy(f): 10:31am On Dec 18, 2019
After the slap kwa.

Mbanu. She should apologize first. But that’s just my opinion.
mumumugu:
draw her close, hug her say " I love you" Is anything bothering you, my attention is yours

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by cococandy(f): 10:32am On Dec 18, 2019
limsycutey:

Okay.

It was very wrong of her to slap you. And it's good you didn't retaliate, that would landed you guys on a slippery slope.

I feel there is more to it, maybe you have given her reasons to doubt your fidelity in the past. I'm not saying this is a justification for her action, just that there is no smoke without fire.

This first time, don't involve 3rd parties yet. They tend to blow things out of proportion.
Sit her down and warm her sternly, that the next time she tries such rubbish, she won't be so lucky. That the next time she raises her hand to hit you, you are sending her back to her father's house, Permanently.

Some men suffer domestic violence too but are just too ashamed to admit it.

I wonder why though
Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 18, 2019
descartes400:
Such utterly disrespect from your wife!! shocked angry She has done wrong, you have not! If you don't stamp your authority and take concrete and stern action to counter her physical and domestic abuse of you, bringing her to the realization she has caused harm capable of destroying the marriage, she will continue to dish out hot slap for every and any misunderstanding that might arise.

Your letting her action slide is not how to be and act as a man.
Take charge of your HOME NOW!!
Take action,act now, sit back and watch it flow like a boss....apologies to Aro1

If my wife dare slap me eeh... hmm, immediately, with the speed of sound, a Raphael nada forehand slap,followed by a roger Federer backhand slap and if she's still standing on her feet by then, I will conclude with a jet lee kick to her two legs. Nonsense!

ahhhhhh.. You wan kill the wife?

Dont fight women, only cum inside them and watch it flow out like a boss..

1 Like

Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 11:41am On Dec 18, 2019
Success02:
For the first time ever in my life, my wife slapped me twice. You want to know my reaction?

Honestly I was surprised to see my wife slapped me. I thought within myself what could have warranted it.

On Saturday, we went for a party which I was reluctant to attend but I did because I wanted to please my wife. I did all I could to make her happy and to make her feel good but as much as I did, she flared up when I left to ease myself.

She complained that I went with a girl which was not so. To cut the story short I left the party without my wife and we kept distance for some days. Every instructions I gave to my wife since then she would just do it reluctantly and when I needed to get to her office after work so that we could go home together, I would just see that she was not there. when I got back home I decided to get spare key so as to return home from work without waiting for her, I asked her for the spare and she started raising voice on me. I reacted as a man and all of a sudden I got the first slap followed by the second one. Though I didn't react because I don't know what to do.

My question is what will be your reaction if you happen to be in my shoes?

Walking away is golden but sir I don't really know what oda issues u maybe having but her hitting u is very wrong and to correct this or in oda to ensure it doesn't reoccur abeg warn her sternly that u understand this may be a mistake, but nxt time it happens, she shld expect ur retaliation create this fear so it doesn't reoccur cos if u don't, such would happen again and again.

One of my dear uncle dey chop steady beating from his' wife but we still dey pretend like we don't know and I know it is becos he is acting like a gentle man

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by babyfaceafrica: 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2019
Romanoff:
One word of advice, take this post of Nairaland.

Small small children will come here and give you advice that will crumble your already cracked marriage.

It is best to seek advice from seasoned counsellors.

Your wife might be bitter with you and might not know how to tell you. For her to be accusing you of going with a girl means she has her suspicion.

I use God beg you, edit the post.

Hope you will say the same thing when a man beats his wife?

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by Gettreadyy(m): 3:03pm On Dec 18, 2019
eazzzy1:
Good for you for not reacting violently. Now warn her sternly never to repeat what she did to you ever again, also report her to her folks and let them know the next time it happens you would retaliate.

If you do not do this, your wife will hit you whenever you have a misunderstanding, we make acceptable what ever we condone. i must commend you again for not reacting violently, you are a better guy than most of us. If you do not handle it now she will soon start slapping you in presence of visitors and outsiders.
OP take this advice, I will do the same to make it very clear to her in a calm manner that if she tries it again somebody will die. Tell the mother or father they will seriously warn their daughter. I applaud you for not retaliating instantly.
Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by Success02(m): 4:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
Gettreadyy:

OP take this advice, I will do the same to make it very clear to her in a calm manner that if she tries it again somebody will die. Tell the mother or father they will seriously warn their daughter. I applaud you for not retaliating instantly.

Okay
Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by midnighter(f): 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2019
Success02:

When I asked her for the spare key, she asked me with frown face "why do you want the key?" I replied why are u asking me? She said she has the right to ask and I told her what right, she just grabbed my shirt and d rest is slap

This woman is suspecting you.

And thank you for not doing anything, chai! Ka ooo shocked

Call her and ask her why she slapped you first. Then warn her never to try it again or you will involve her parents.

Hian. Is it season of Yuletide or season of slaps
Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by midnighter(f): 5:57pm On Dec 18, 2019
eazzzy1:
Good for you for not reacting violently. Now warn her sternly never to repeat what she did to you ever again, also report her to her folks and let them know the next time it happens you would retaliate.

If you do not do this, your wife will hit you whenever you have a misunderstanding, we make acceptable what ever we condone. i must commend you again for not reacting violently, you are a better guy than most of us. If you do not handle it now she will soon start slapping you in presence of visitors and outsiders.

Since this is a first-time occurrence, they should sort it out and resolve it themselves.

He doesn't need to involve her parents yet. Just the threat of doing that is enough for now.

Reporting her to her parents is overkill
Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 18, 2019
Each time some people discuss a topic extensively, several threads related to this topic will pop up. Interesting.

Anyway.

It may sound funny to some but I wish you would have called the police and had her removed from the house temporarily until she apologizes and undergoes counseling. And even then you are not required to give her a second chance.

Since you haven't, I would like to know what the situation is like now. How long has it been since? How have you been relating to each other? What was your reaction after the initial shock?

1 Like

Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by addictiv(m): 7:14pm On Dec 18, 2019
What happened to turning the other cheek as instructed by the holy book
Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by eazzzy1(m): 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2019
midnighter:

Since this is a first-time occurrence, they should sort it out and resolve it themselves.

He doesn't need to involve her parents yet. Just the threat of doing that is enough for now.

Reporting her to her parents is overkill

I do not see it as an overkill because if it happens again and he retaliates, she will get her parents involved and they won’t believe she slapped first. It doesn’t have to be her parents, maybe her sibling, but it’s good to have a trusted third party bear witness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by midnighter(f): 8:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
eazzzy1:

I do not see it as an overkill because if it happens again and he retaliates, she will get her parents involved and they won’t believe she slapped first. It doesn’t have to be her parents, maybe her sibling, but it’s good to have a trusted third party bear witness.

I can see where you're coming from anyway; you are trying to be practical.

But I still think you should give your spouse the benefit of the doubt, if they are remorseful and not an obvious manipulator. I don't see how you would slap somebody and then run to your parents unless something is wrong with you.

It's a major step to take to report to a 3rd party so I don't think it should be done on a first-time occurrence. It's a private matter
Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by jakandeola(m): 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
my wife cant try DAT she know me . not in dis life or next can try DAT. any man DAT let his wife slap him is not a man.op u are not a man just go buy menstral pad as u don turn woman finish

1 Like

Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by Bestinstinct(m): 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2019
Na man you be o. I was once slapped by my GF when she caught me cheating. My own na market square sef, i just walked away jejely. So, OP find a way to communicate with your wife. You know her better. Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
Your wife don see you finish to even get mind slap you. As in for her to even conceive it shows that you are not the husband of your home. For her to double the slap was to clear your doubt that you have no level before her face.

And for you to bring it to Nairaland shows that she is right about you!

You have no balls
Success02:
For the first time ever in my life, my wife slapped me twice. You want to know my reaction?

Honestly I was surprised to see my wife slapped me. I thought within myself what could have warranted it.

On Saturday, we went for a party which I was reluctant to attend but I did because I wanted to please my wife. I did all I could to make her happy and to make her feel good but as much as I did, she flared up when I left to ease myself.

She complained that I went with a girl which was not so. To cut the story short I left the party without my wife and we kept distance for some days. Every instructions I gave to my wife since then she would just do it reluctantly and when I needed to get to her office after work so that we could go home together, I would just see that she was not there. when I got back home I decided to get spare key so as to return home from work without waiting for her, I asked her for the spare and she started raising voice on me. I reacted as a man and all of a sudden I got the first slap followed by the second one. Though I didn't react because I don't know what to do.

My question is what will be your reaction if you happen to be in my shoes?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:13pm On Dec 18, 2019
Success02:
I did not react at all. I felt if I gave her one slap something else could happen
You should have returned the FIRST slap with greater slap. Nothing would have happened!

Bros, you are a weak man, and it is the reason she even slapped you twice. Trust me, she will slap you again and even in public if you refuse to man up.

1 Like

Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:17pm On Dec 18, 2019
Success02:

When I asked her for the spare key, she asked me with frown face "why do you want the key?" I replied why are u asking me? She said she has the right to ask and I told her what right, she just grabbed my shirt and d rest is slap

BTW

Stop taking advice from women in matters like this.

No woman wants a weak man like YOU, a weak man is unattractive to women- your wife inclusive.

Being weak is not romantic, it is repulsive! Women want MEN not women in men's skin! You are NOT A MAN!

For her to even think of raising her hand shows that you are not a MAN before her!

1 Like

Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:22pm On Dec 18, 2019
descartes400:
Such utterly disrespect from your wife!! shocked angry She has done wrong, you have not! If you don't stamp your authority and take concrete and stern action to counter her physical and domestic abuse of you, bringing her to the realization she has caused harm capable of destroying the marriage, she will continue to dish out hot slap for every and any misunderstanding that might arise.

Your letting her action slide is not how to be and act as a man.
Take charge of your HOME NOW!!
Take action,act now, sit back and watch it flow like a boss....apologies to Aro1

If my wife dare slap me eeh... hmm, immediately, with the speed of sound, a Raphael nada forehand slap,followed by a roger Federer backhand slap and if she's still standing on her feet by then, I will conclude with a jet lee kick to her two legs. Nonsense!

Perfect Descartes!

The guy is a weak man. His wife has zero regard for him! In local parlance, she don see am finish

He even run to Nairaland to report cheesy..

1 Like

Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
cococandy:
After the slap kwa.

Mbanu. She should apologize first. But that’s just my opinion.
Apologise abi? But if reverse was the case you and your feminist crew will tell her to report the abusive man to the police and divorce him.

Feminists are comedians cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
aro1:
ahhhhhh.. You wan kill the wife?

Dont fight women, only cum inside them and watch it flow out like a boss..
If woman for house see you finish, even the vijay she won't give you talkless of allowing you cum inside.

Addressing her madness should have been most appropriate to let her know who the boss is.
Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by cococandy(f): 10:28pm On Dec 18, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

Apologise abi? But if reverse was the case you are your feminist crew will tell her to report the abusive man to the police and divorce him.

Feminists are comedians cheesy

Actually he’s justified to leave her and I would support him if he wanted to.

I’m sure you don’t follow my posts on domestic violence. You’re just commenting for commenting sake.

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2019
Orlaoluwayimika:

Walking away is golden but sir I don't really know what oda issues u maybe having but her hitting u is very wrong and to correct this or in oda to ensure it doesn't reoccur abeg warn her sternly that u understand this may be a mistake, but nxt time it happens, she shld expect ur retaliation create this fear so it doesn't reoccur cos if u don't, such would happen again and again.

One of my dear uncle dey chop steady beating from his' wife but we still dey pretend like we don't know and I know it is becos he is acting like a gentle man
Kai! Too many women in men's skin!

What manner of nonsense gentleman? That one is MUMU²
Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:33pm On Dec 18, 2019
cococandy:

Actually he’s justified to leave her and I would support him if he wanted to.

I’m sure you don’t follow my posts on domestic violence. You’re just commenting for commenting sake.
I pointed that to you because I know your position when it is about women grin

Meanwhile, he is a weak man and deserves more slaps
Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 18, 2019
Jesus said to turn the other cheek
Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by babyfaceafrica: 10:36pm On Dec 18, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Jesus said to turn the other cheek
I hope you will say the same when a man slaps his wife
Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:38pm On Dec 18, 2019
Bestinstinct:
Na man you be o. I was once slapped by my GF when she caught me cheating. My own na market square sef, i just walked away jejely. So, OP find a way to communicate with your wife. You know her better. Best of luck
Baba in your case the slap is justified grin but sha you for hold her hand, give her serious warning say make she no ever reason am for her life no matter what.

1 Like

Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 18, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
I hope you will say the same when a man slaps his wife
The lord said turn d other cheek. But the woman acted way outta line though. I wonder what marriages are turning into these days.
Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by sholay2011(m): 11:08pm On Dec 18, 2019
mumumugu:
draw her close, hug her say " I love you" Is anything bothering you, my attention is yours
Who were the unrealistic people that liked this post? shocked grin
Re: Has Your Wife Ever Slapped You? What's Your Reaction? by ctleurocollege: 11:17pm On Dec 18, 2019
Success02:
I did not react at all. I felt if I gave her one slap something else could happen

You're the man bro, your self restraint shows you're a man of steel. I throwey salute Boss man

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Records 11,600 Maternal Deaths In 3 Months.......( WOW ) / Meconium Aspiration Syndrome: Help My Baby / Polygamy: Do Women Really Find It Acceptable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.