Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? (17077 Views)

5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. / The Reason Why You Must Go Round Your Car Before You Drive Off / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by Sofistcatdmoron: 9:42am On Dec 19, 2019
how come these oyibo tokunbo cars look so fresh with no scratches
Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by xjiggy: 9:47am On Dec 19, 2019
Impossible. I parked my car outside my premises only to come outside and see my driver side was dented by some fool who tried making a u turn in a tight spot

1 Like

Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by iso604: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2019
It's possible
The only thing that will scratche your car is the bad road
Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by kaykith05(m): 9:53am On Dec 19, 2019
So true.my car has been scratched, bashed more than twice in a parking lot at my workplace. Most of them come to me explaining what and how it happened. I av no choice than to let them go cuz they are my people.

dadabashua1:
It's almost not possible anywhere in Nigeria....I've tried it in different states and failed...no matter how careful you are, the funny part is,you can park your car,dash off to do one or two things,only to come back and meet it with tribal marks
Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by merits(m): 10:01am On Dec 19, 2019
thesicilian:
You can drive without scratches in Lagos, as long as you don't drive out of your compound.

Hahaahah what's essence of buying the car then.

1 Like

Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by NELLY1990: 10:05am On Dec 19, 2019
LabDNA:
Impossible.

My car got scratched the same day I painted it.
kpele o. I understand ur pain
Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by Awani007(m): 10:16am On Dec 19, 2019
Okada worse dis days�� make person for ur front just match small break and u also step on ur brakes just expect make 10 bike make dem jam u for bck����

3 Likes

Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by kingkenOkus16(m): 10:17am On Dec 19, 2019
It’s possible o
Use a convoy

Ask Sanwo Olu
Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by pannyman(m): 10:17am On Dec 19, 2019
ayoshyne:

This infuriates me a lot. Those are the only kind of marks on my car too. Funny enough, those that open the doors to hit your car don't often realize what they've done until u draw their attention to it. And of course Na sorry dem go talk mshew.
However, there are ways to reduce or prevent your car from scratches or bashes.. 1. Leave home extra early to avoid morning rush, leave work 9:30 / 10pm if u work in traffic zones.
2. When in traffic, always stick to the lane by the road dividers, avoid that Lane close to the sidewalks where u have Kekes, bikes and danfos competing and dragging lanes with you. All these have worked for me. My present car is 3yrs old with no bash or visible scratch, only minor ones I had to use brake oil to wipe. In all, patience is key, do no struggle for roads with Danfo, Keke and bike, sometimes u need to act a fool to get away from scratches.

Good tips. Also, when about to pass vehicles parked at the side of the road, blare your horn loudly so they don't suddenly swing onto the road and hit you. Many keke and taxi drivers turn recklessly onto without looking. Also, be careful with the wheelbarrow and cart pushers. In fact, our roads are like a war zone. sad

7 Likes

Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by ayoshyne(m): 10:26am On Dec 19, 2019
pannyman:

Good tips. Also, when about to pass vehicles parked at the side of the road, blare your horn loudly so they don't suddenly swing onto the road and hit you. Many keke and taxi drivers turn recklessly onto without looking. Also, be careful with the wheelbarrow and cart pushers. In fact, our roads are like a war zone. sad

You are right bro, that's why u must avoid that lane close to the sidewalks. Also if your horn sounds like peen peen, change it to paanpaan cos that's the only horn that scares those useless Keke, bikes and danfos away from your way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by vincentjk(m): 10:42am On Dec 19, 2019
A bike man once pulled off my front bumper some months ago, he didn't even say sorry rather blaming it on me

I didn't reply him anything after all na naija we dy, I thanked God he was safe even
Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by amliftedhigher: 10:43am On Dec 19, 2019
It is impossible. I flash my rear bumper on Friday last week and on Saturday one reckless old car scratched that same spot that I resprayed. Na sorry sorry and sorry

1 Like

Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 19, 2019
Cocao:
Please this question is too personal.

I just finished repairing the bumper that trailer hit.

I am considering just giving up on this driving thing. Everybody seem to be mad.
Happy Birthday
Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by sudeba(m): 11:35am On Dec 19, 2019
[quote author=LabDNA post=85038652]Impossible.
Pls where is.your.guys address, I have a client that requires your services
Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by ayoshyne(m): 11:37am On Dec 19, 2019
jahbiz:
Even if you park it in your compound and cover it...one day you will wake up and still find a scratch on it cos those kids will want to write ABC on it. Lol....

Driving in Nigeria without a scratch is almost impossible.

This one weak me, happened to me once, the kid's grandmother of 60+ of age knelt down to beg me

Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by chrizzyace: 11:37am On Dec 19, 2019
thesicilian:
You can drive without scratches in Lagos, as long as you don't drive out of your compound.
my brother even inside your compound some unfortunate kids might come and solve maths on your car with stone oo e.g 4x4= 16
Lol grin

3 Likes

Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by Qoko: 11:44am On Dec 19, 2019
Dear Seun, This is to inform you that one of your client you advertised for has refused to pick my calls since 10am yesterday after I have made payment into his acct for SME Data. I am happy he trade in the name of 'Data link' in ECO bank acct 810 435 9535 with phone number 09017925805. Kindly contact him before I make a report which might be escalated beyond his expectations. KOLAWOLE 08132213313

Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by eminemkayc: 12:09pm On Dec 19, 2019
ayoshyne:

This infuriates me a lot. Those are the only kind of marks on my car too. Funny enough, those that open the doors to hit your car don't often realize what they've done until u draw their attention to it. And of course Na sorry dem go talk mshew.
However, there are ways to reduce or prevent your car from scratches or bashes.. 1. Leave home extra early to avoid morning rush, leave work 9:30 / 10pm if u work in traffic zones.
2. When in traffic, always stick to the lane by the road dividers, avoid that Lane close to the sidewalks where u have Kekes, bikes and danfos competing and dragging lanes with you. All these have worked for me. My present car is 3yrs old with no bash or visible scratch, only minor ones I had to use brake oil to wipe. In all, patience is key, do no struggle for roads with Danfo, Keke and bike, sometimes u need to act a fool to get away from scratches.

Perfect. This is the golden rule. I have no scratch(es) on my cars as well even though I drive everyday to and from work. I drive fast when the road is free however, while in traffic, I don't struggle road with folks and commercial bus drivers as well. As regards scratches due to parked vehicles, the golden rule I employ when parking my car is to park on the side that is parallel and opposite the driver's door with the assumption that the driver is the only occupant of the vehicle. With this I do not have to worry when he comes and opens his door. This has worked significantly well for me, 90% of the time

2 Likes

Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by koning: 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2019
You can drive in certain areas of Enugu for some years without scratch. But if you venture into Obiagu, Abakpa and Coal camp, you are on your own.

That was my observation the last time i was there.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by Sharmeenator(m): 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2019
That's if a neighbour's carefree kid didn't use an object to scratch it while playing grin
DAVE5:
If nah lagos, no matter how careful you drive, you must carry scratch

If no be danfo, e go b keke, or brt or reckless drivers, or some peeps wey Dey jealous ur fine looking car

2 Likes

Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by rosamaris: 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2019
That is why I have refused to take my car for spraying. Even me I don't trust myself.

1 Like

Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by donluclay(m): 1:09pm On Dec 19, 2019
Yh, no scratch this year. I drive only Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays
Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by lozanni(m): 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2019
LabDNA:

That guy will guy will make a transfer right there for a repaint. I don't suffer fools and reinforce stupidity. Nigerians are too damned lawless and I'm fed up with their annoying knack for chaos.

I wish I caught the mad man who scratched my car the same day I finished painting it.

That guy go pay me my money right there.

angry I can feel your pain. Some drivers are just too careless, I don't know if it's those addictive substances they take or something else
Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by therajah: 2:50pm On Dec 19, 2019
Impossible! If vehicle no scratch u, road side sellers go use nail or sharp object scratch you.. dont repaint yet oo... just leave it. After like 2 years, you would do a general mtce.. good luck bro
Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by holluphemydavid(m): 2:54pm On Dec 19, 2019
Even in Abuja u cant escape dat.
Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2019
If you drive daily in rush hour lagos traffic, it's near impossible. The longest I have gone without being dented is 2months. I recently wanted to celebrate one month of zero incidents only to see a fresh dent on my rear bumper the next afternoon. I have given up and I have stopped visiting bodyshops every 4months to respray bumpers, I now get surprised if I don't see new scratches weekly. It's now as certain as death and taxation.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by frozen70(f): 3:28pm On Dec 19, 2019
You can drive without scratches on Sundays
Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by AmuDimpka: 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2019
LoL....it I impossible unless you drive it in heaven ....as of Nigeria forget it

1 Like

Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by AmuDimpka: 4:12pm On Dec 19, 2019
frozen70:
You can drive without scratches on Sundays
Sunday are the worst....everyone brings their cars on that day
Re: Can You Drive On Nigerian Roads Without Scratches? by Qoko: 4:13pm On Dec 19, 2019
Dear Seun, This is to inform you that one of your client you advertised for has refused to pick my calls since 10am yesterday after I have made payment into his account for SME Data. I am happy he trade in the name of 'Data link' in ECO bank Acct 810 435 9535 with phone number 09017925805. Kindly contact him before I make a report which might be escalated beyond his expectation, I am patiently awaiting your response, meanwhile attached herewith copy of the payment notification for your perusal. KOLAWOLE 08132213313.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Fix A Car That Doesn't Start (Photos) / Brand New Kia Cerato Vs Used Japanese / How Much Do You Spend On Transportation Daily?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.