Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism (42959 Views)

Salwa Eid Naser To Miss Tokyo 2020 After Being Handed Two-year Ban / Ronaldo Bows Out Of Euro 2020 After Belgium Defeated Portugal / My Bet9ja Coupon Ticket Deleted From My Bet9ja Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by basicallyme(m): 4:51pm On Dec 18, 2019
Star footballer Mesut Özil erased from PES 2020 franchise in China.

Player shared views on the treatment of Uygur minority last week.

Comments spurred huge backlash in China, including the axing of a live Arsenal game.
German international and Arsenal attacking midfielder, Mesut Özil, is being erased from soccer game Pro Evolution Soccer 2020 in China over comments about the treatment of the Uygur Muslim minority and human rights atrocities committed by the Chinese government.

In retaliation for the comments, Özil will no longer feature in any of the NetEase published PES games within the Chinese territory. This include the flagship eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020 Mobile.

NetEase announced the decision in a Weibo post. The publisher cited an affront to the Chinese people. Noting that forgiveness isn’t on the cards for the star footballer, mimicking earlier comments from Chinese authorities.

Here’s the full press release, translated from Chinese;

On the evening of December 13, Beijing time, German player Ozil posted an extreme statement about China on social media.
The speech hurt the feelings of Chinese fans and violated the sports spirit of love and peace. We do not understand, accept or forgive this!

From now on, the national service version of “Football”, “Live: Kings Rally” and “Live Club” will no longer produce any “Mesut Ozil” player roles and cards.
In the future, we will announce the further processing plan of the incident, thank you for your understanding and support.

——NetEase “Live” Project Team

Özil laid bare his views on the treatment of ethnic Uygur Muslims in the western Chinese region of Xinjiang in a Tweet featuring a Turkish poem published on Dec. 13. He decried the burning of Qurans, the closure of mosques, and the murder of scholars, alongside detailing instances of forced imprisonment.

In the aftermath of Özil’s comments, the Arsenal club was quick to distance itself from the player, explaining the comments were the opinion of the player and did not represent the club’s stance on the matter.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ccn.com/mesut-ozil-pes-2020-china-delete/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by dawnomike(m): 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2019
I'm sure he didn't mean it to go this far... But, the situation at Arsenal can make a man take insane actions. I feel for him

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by iSlayer: 5:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
Mehn not to be harsh on the man but that was such a HUGE gaffe on his part. Can't make such politically/religiously charged statements if you're still interested in being a professional footballer. Damn. The guy has been in a spiral for sometime. His management needs to get a handle on his sh!t.

It's like he swallows his tongue any time Christians are being decimated around the world by Muslims. Evil.

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by Lcf69(m): 5:09pm On Dec 18, 2019
Good!!! Mehn always mind Ur Mouth.... Pinned.

9 Likes

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 18, 2019
dawnomike:
I'm sure he didn't mean it to go this far... But, the situation at Arsenal can make a man take insane actions. I feel for him
your mouth ehn grin grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by dawnomike(m): 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2019
Kallmerb:
your mouth ehn grin grin grin
But it is true nah! Imagine Aubu running to the toilet during a match in which they were playing catchup... what can we call that my brother?

15 Likes

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by maynattion(f): 5:20pm On Dec 18, 2019
I swear I hate chinese.
Untop wetin abeg?

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by Homers123(m): 6:50pm On Dec 18, 2019
At least he is taking a stand, if what he said was a lie, why are the Chinese so scared and angry?

Now to trolling, if he has made this impact on the field of play, assnal for no be shiiit by now.

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by drips8(m): 6:38am On Dec 19, 2019
I see nothing wrong with what ozil did, just because he's a celebrity doesn't mean he can't speak up against injustice.

230 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by iSlayer: 8:44am On Dec 19, 2019
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by pennywys(m): 1:08pm On Dec 19, 2019
cheesy

Whatever it is, it is either none of my business
Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by bajeen(m): 1:09pm On Dec 19, 2019
They can delete him in PES. But they cannot delete him in minds neither can they delete him at Arsenal.
Stupid China, they expect the world to keep mum when they've thrown millions of people in concentration camps?

179 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by ZombieTERROR: 1:09pm On Dec 19, 2019
They are all potential terrorists...

Why nor concentrate on football

Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by NORSIYK(m): 1:09pm On Dec 19, 2019
Ozil deserved it. Let hypocrisy kill Ozil.

Where was ozil when ruthless Turkish government were killing defenseless Kurdish Muslims?
He never spoke out because probably Kurdish people are less Muslims to him

115 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by Conceptman: 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
Gbas gbos everywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by ZombieTERROR: 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
drips8:
I see nothing wrong with what ozil did, just because he's a celebrity doesn't mean he can't speak up against injustice.

See what I mean..

This dude was chanting sai barber when python was dancing on innocent unarmed Christians

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by LabDNA: 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
Ozil should get his shiit together. What does he really want? To be a politician or a Footballer?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by nairaman66(m): 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
Always speak up! Ozil- A man with balls.

Unlike some of our greedy people here collecting 30k stipends defending a sergeant!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by Oluwasaeon(m): 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
Ozil having the whole country on strings. Love it

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by erico2k2(m): 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
The Chinese are forces to reckon with in today's world, they own one of the highest broadcasting rights of the EPL, so this is a deadly fight in football terms, they can even crash his career. His PR team messed up here!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by Originality007: 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
grin China dont take shiiiit, like america where anyone will just insult the president and gov any how

7 Likes

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by Injera(f): 1:11pm On Dec 19, 2019
German FA too treated him shabbily

1 Like

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by adoyi8: 1:11pm On Dec 19, 2019
I am very interested to see what Nigerian Muslims will say about this. In 2003, Muslims boycotted Danish foods because a man in Denmark drew a cartoon of their prophet. Muslim countries cannot boycott china because we all know how Islam have made the once innovative Arabs and Persian unproductive. Their heads are full of hatred for Israel and Koran verses that cannot add any value to mankind so they depend on the hardworking chinese who have deleted religious myths from their heads and have applied practical means to solve mans problem. The Chinese people who majority of the religiously brainwashed world depend on for basic things.

I wish Nigerian Muslims will react by throwing away all their made in China gadgets but can they?
Dont forget that APC have sold Nigeria to China by collecting unpayable loans so I also wonder how this muslim-lead administration will react.

I guess they will just turn a blind eye to it and pretend that nothing happen.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by EmekaBlue(m): 1:11pm On Dec 19, 2019
fvck 中国 and their chinco version

ozil dey for original pes 2020

not an arsenal fan tho

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by fatymore(f): 1:11pm On Dec 19, 2019
He spoke the truth.

We can't all be cowards.

May Allah ease the affairs of Muslims worldwide.

Amin

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 19, 2019

1 Like

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by DenreleDave(m): 1:12pm On Dec 19, 2019
I need a job Pls.. Lagos.. As little as it may be, Pls I need a job... Pls quote me if any
Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by helinues: 1:12pm On Dec 19, 2019
China are intolerant when it comes to criticism.. Same thing they did when the NBA director shows his supports for Hong Kong protesters tongue

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mesut Ozil Deleted From Chinese PES 2020 After Uighur Muslim Criticism by emeijeh(m): 1:12pm On Dec 19, 2019
Lol @ deleted.
Let them make him a ball boy, picking black hand gloves from the sidelines grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ballon D’or: Be Sincere To Yourself, Not Empty Words – Lewandowski Slams Messi / Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' / Cristiano Ronaldo Poses With His 5th Champions League Trophy - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.