Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,058 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard (51082 Views)

Obi Is Not A Member Of Labour Party: Tinubu, Shettima Tender Membership Register / You Are Working For Tinubu – PDP National Youth Vanguard Accuses Governor Wike / INEC Directs Parties To Submit Membership Register 30 Days Before Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by dam4sam: 3:39pm On Dec 19, 2019
mrvitalis:

Why didnt u think of this in 2015 ...now u want to see the big picture

Its not your turn its the turn of the south east ...south west has ruled ...u guys are just being greedy ...if we act like u we both lose out ...so we would work with north

This is 1960 all over again

2015 was a rational and practical decision.
Even Jonathan himself has come to realise and accept that he was the architect of his own downfall in 2015 and not becaus eYorubas dont like him.
Igbo people like you have very short memory and seems to forget that:

- It was a Yorhba person that made him Vice President to Yar Ardua (Obasanjo).

- It was Yorubas like OBJ, Soyinka and a host of others that stood by him and insist he must be made President, when Yar Ardua died and Northerners were scheming to make another Northerner from outside, to replace Yar Ardua. It was Yorubas that put their lives on the line for him, even though he is not Yoruba
- In 2011, when he sought (re) election, it was Yorubas massive vote that made him win otherwise, Buahri, a Northerner would have won because the North will always vote for their own.

So, Yorubas have always supported Jonathan, he just messed-up in 2015 and was not voted for, to save the drifting nationhood.

Since the mentality of the East is to "lose out" just because they dont want the Yorubas to win, then l am sorry to say, fiffty five years of losing out has not taught them anything.
"Snuffing out the light of your neighbours candle, does not make your own candle burn brighter".

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by voltron14: 3:39pm On Dec 19, 2019
Sleevia:
You are not serious. Now Sowore is not Yoruba abi? mehn, who no fear una no know say una b satan.

Learn to carry out research and stop jumping to conclusions.

Ignorance kills.

https://nigerianwiki.xyz/omoyele-sowore-bio-net-worth/

1 Like

Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by myobjective: 3:39pm On Dec 19, 2019
voltron14:

The fact is Sowore is Ijaw from Ondo.

Just as you have Ijaw in Edo state.

He should be considered as one from the Ijaw stock.

He speaks Yoruba fluently, married a Yoruba, bears Yoruba name and associates with Yoruba. He is a pure Yoruba like every one of us.

When I see sowere I see a fellow Yoruba brother.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by dam4sam: 3:40pm On Dec 19, 2019
Psalmy2cute:

Bro you're starting to sound like you're begging the south to support a yoruba candidate

No, we are all expressing opinions and exchanging ideas.
Whetehr the South decide to support a Yoruba candidate, l think the decision should be based on BEST SELF INTEREST.
Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by voltron14: 3:42pm On Dec 19, 2019
myobjective:

He speaks Yoruba fluently, married a Yoruba, bears Yoruba name and associates with Yoruba. He is a pure Yoruba like every one of us.

When I see sowere I see a fellow Yoruba brother.

Well he is not Yoruba much as you may desire to make him one.
Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by 12inchess: 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2019
dam4sam:

GREED is a very toxic attribute and it is why l think your permutation up there may not come to reality.
Tinubu is only interested in himself and what is in it for himself, not the betetrment of the South West.

His Greed will not allow him to support Prof Osinbajo, evenwhen it is obvious that he has shown 'capacity to lead'.
Now, will he put Fashola forward as a replacement to himself, even if just to bring Osinbajo down?
I dont think so because if anyone has undermined Fashola since his attempt at second term when he was Governor of Lagos, it is Tinubu.

Tinubu just does not like or want any other Yoruba person to have infulence or be recognised more than him.
All his Politics are based on that singular, greedy ambition and that is why he pulls them down as quickly as possible.
He wont Support either of Fashola or PYO, both of who are more sellable than him but would rather support a Northerner.
I'm sure Tinubu is smart enough to know that he doesn't need to contest in election to be the president. Tinubu has been the Godfather of Lagos politics for so long. He even controls who becomes governor in Lagos. You saw how he kicked out ambode. They don't call him Jagaban for nothing. While I know he is driven by his on personal greed and not progress of southwest,it's his personal greed that is moving him to control the presidency. In summary, Tinubu doesn't need to be the president to be the president in a similar way he doesn't need to be the governor of lagos to be the governor of lagos. You get what I mean. He is all about power and all that noise about contesting is just a smoke screen for his true ambitions.
Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by mrvitalis(m): 3:45pm On Dec 19, 2019
dam4sam:

Even Jonathan himself has come to realise and accept that he was the architect of his own downfall in 2015 and not becaus eYorubas dont like him.

- It was Yorubas like OBJ, Soyinka and a host of others that stood by him and insist he must be made President, when Yar Ardua died and Northerners were scheming to make another Northerner from outside, to replace Yar Ardua. It was Yorubas that put their lives on the line for him, even though he is not Yoruba
- In 2011, when he sought (re) election, it was Yorubas massive vote that made him win otherwise, Buahri, a Northerner would have won because the North will always vote for their own.

So, Yorubas have always supported Jonathan, he just messed-up in 2015 and was not voted for, to save the drifting nationhood.

Since the mentality of the East is to "lose out" just because they dont want the Yorubas to win, then l am sorry to say, fiffty five years of losing out has not taught them anything.
"Snuffing out the light of your neighbours candle, does not make your own candle burn brighter".
If Yoruba's want what is right why not back an Igbo man ...even Joe igbokwe is OK ...

Its the turn of south east based on zoning ...
Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by AmuDike1: 3:45pm On Dec 19, 2019
[s]
voltron14:

The fact is Sowore is Ijaw from Ondo.

Just as you hav Ijaw in Edo state.

He should be considered as one from the Ijaw stock.
[/s]
chaii
yeroba Muslims don reject Sowore cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by AmuDike1: 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2019
[s]
voltron14:

It is like calling AY the comedian Yoruba.

The joke is on you.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by Deo1986(m): 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2019
where are the politicians from SE and SS? it's a crying shame that only the Yoruba's feel qualified when power is supposed to be zone to the south.. the way I see it we will have another Fulani for another 8 years.
Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by AmuDike1: 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2019
[s]
voltron14:

YOU see him as Yoruba.

Not surprised.
[/s]
Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by AmuDike1: 3:49pm On Dec 19, 2019
[s]
voltron14:

Shut up.

No time to be reasonable with liars whose only purpose is to tarnish the reputation of people they dont even know.
[/s]
Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by mrvitalis(m): 3:49pm On Dec 19, 2019
myobjective:

Zoning is a gentleman agreement between the North and the south. The two northern presidents since 1999 have all come from the Northwest (in fact, from the same state). When it is the turn of the south all the ethnic group from the south should fight for it not to come up with another micro zoning.

2023 should be the turn of the south, be you south west, south east or south-south everyone in the south should fight for it. No one is micro zoning it your geipolitical zone
Do u even know who zoning is the brain child of ?
Its Alex akwueme ...its based on geopolitical zone ,one south ,one north

Its only greed that would make south west contest after spending 16 years in the presidency ..when Igbo's have none

Na only una dey south ...

The main point of zoning is so that every geopolitical zone get to rule this country ...now u are twisting it to fit your narrative

Thought u guys say what's turn power is given u only need to build bridge ...how far your 2015 bridge is it still standing strong ?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by AmuDike1: 3:50pm On Dec 19, 2019
[s]
voltron14:

Learn to carry out research and stop jumping into conclusions.

Ignorance kills.

[/s]
Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by myobjective: 3:50pm On Dec 19, 2019
12inchess:
I'm sure Tinubu is smart enough to know that he doesn't need to contest in election to be the president. Tinubu has been the Godfather of Lagos politics for so long. He even controls who becomes governor in Lagos. You saw how he kicked out abode. They don't call him Jagaban for nothing. While I know he is driven by his on personal greed and not the progress of southwest,it's his personal greed that is moving him to control the presidency. In summary, Tinubu doesn't need to be the president to be the president in a similar way he doesn't need to be the governor of lagos to be the governor of lagos. You get what I mean. He is all about power and all that noise about contesting is just a smoke screen for his true ambitions.

I don't like political Godfather but I would never join the enemy of Yoruba to bring down the true son of the soil.

Tinubu might be greedy just like every Nigeria politician but why do a section of the country always criticize him and leave bigger criminal in their region.

We don't practice merit-based democracy in Nigeria, what we practice is to use what you have to best protect your interest, in the north, they have Islam and a uniting factor why we Yoruba have our ethnicity as only thing uniting us. I will never criticise Tinubu just because some envious southeasterner wants him out of the way to lay claim to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by able20(m): 3:51pm On Dec 19, 2019
If Mr Tinubu do anyhow they will give him late MKO Abiola treatment, in the jungle na battle
Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by myobjective: 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2019
mrvitalis:

If Yoruba's want what is right why not back an Igbo man ...even Joe invoke is OK ...

Its the turn of south east based on zoning ...

Why must we back an Igbo man, why can't we back a Yoruba man, an ijaw man or a Benin man?

We will back a Yoruba man in the person if either Tinubu, Fashola or Osibanjo. You are free to back the north if you feel your interest will best be protected by them.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by FreeSoworeNow: 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2019
[s]
voltron14:

You are a northerner.

In 2016, you were seeking to move to the SW.

One would wonder how one from the SW, who claims to be well travelled would be needing advise on where in the SW to move to
[/s]
Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by FreeSoworeNow: 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2019
[s]
voltron14:

So where is your base?
[/s]
Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by Sleevia: 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2019
dam4sam:

BLAH BLAH... if you really wanted to do this sort of thing in the most intelligent way, shouldn't you have gone for a more liberal Northerner, a more learned one? Why did it have to be Buhari? abeg hide your face in shame because you ended up destroying whatever was left of the country in your desperation.

1 Like

[s]
voltron14:

Really?

When did you make this journey?

[/s]
Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by Sleevia: 3:55pm On Dec 19, 2019
voltron14:

Learn to carry out research and stop jumping into conclusions.

Ignorance kills.

a website built on .XYZ is should never be taken serious.
Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by mrvitalis(m): 3:58pm On Dec 19, 2019
myobjective:

Why must we back an Igbo man, why can't we back a Yoruba man, an ijaw man or a Benin man?

We will back a Yoruba man in the person if either Tinubu, Fashola or Osibanjo. You are free to back the north if you feel your interest will best be protected by them.
Lol Una think say Una get sense
Zoning was brought to bring equity to nigeria but south west wants to dominate the south the way fulani dominate the north

The truth is Igbo's are not desperate for the presidency ...we don't care who really occupies it ...but we hate greed and selfishness

U stupidly betray southern interest for personal gain in 2015 now u want the south to reward you in 2023

Una sense eeh

Shabi politics is about building bridge ...how far the 2015 bridge let it carry u and cross 2023 na

This is why u guys have never been good at national politics

1 Like

Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by myobjective: 3:59pm On Dec 19, 2019
mrvitalis:

Do u even know who zoning is the brain child of ?
Its Alex akwueme ...its based on geopolitical zone ,one south ,one north

Its only greed that would make south west contest after spending 16 years in the presidency ..when Igbo's have none

Na only una dey south ...

The main point of zoning is so that every geopolitical zone get to rule this country ...now u are twisting it to fit your narrative

Thought u guys say what's turn power is given u only need to build a bridge ...how far your 2015 bridge is it still standing strong ?

Alex ekweme contested against Obasanjo in the primary of 1998 and lost, I never read it anywhere that he was the brain behind zoning, if you have any document to support your point, please forward it here so that we can all learn.

I would prefer a country where each region controls its affairs or outright disintegration but since we are part of this country we will always aspire for the highest post in the land.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by Patojargz: 4:01pm On Dec 19, 2019
E get why!
Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by madridsta007(m): 4:01pm On Dec 19, 2019
dre11:

https://dailynigerian.com/2023-presidency-tinubu-seizes-apc-membership-register-group-alleges/

Splinter groups within APGA and PDP that we have been told are dead?

This Daily Nigerian is an IPOB paper jare.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by mrvitalis(m): 4:02pm On Dec 19, 2019
myobjective:

Alex ekweme contested against Obasanjo in the primary of 1998 and lost, I never read it anywhere that he was the brain behind zoning, if you have any document to support your point, please forward it here so that we can all learn.

I would prefer a country where each region controls its affairs or outright disintegration but since we are part of this country we will always aspire for the highest post in the land.
He lost yea so the west took the turn ...reason no Yoruba or igbo man contested against Jonathan

Oga there is know how u guys spin this thing that it would work

Even Yoruba's themselves know its south east turn ...only south east candidate can unite the south as it is today

There can never be peace without equity ...
Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by 12inchess: 4:03pm On Dec 19, 2019
myobjective:

I don't like political Godfather but I would never join the enemy of Yoruba to bring down the true son of the soil.

Tinubu might be greedy just like every Nigeria politician but why do a section of the country always criticize him and leave bigger criminal in their region.

We don't practice merit-based democracy in Nigeria, what we practice is to use what you have to best protect your interest, in the north, they have Islam and a uniting factor why we Yoruba have our ethnicity as only thing uniting us. I will never criticise Tinubu just because some envious southeasterner wants him out of the way to lay claim to Lagos.
I agree 100% with what you've written. It's unfortunate but it's what it is. Unfortunately it seems the igbo leadership and politicians need to get their head in the game in this British contraption call Nigeria. They seem to know nothing about politics in Nigeria yet they have more power than they lay claim to. Their major disuniting factor is their utopian country Biafra which shall never come.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by voltron14: 4:05pm On Dec 19, 2019
Sleevia:
a website built on .XYZ is should never be taken serious.

But we should take an anonymous you seriously right?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu ‘Seizes’ APC Membership Register - APC Youth Vanguard by Didi2d(m): 4:06pm On Dec 19, 2019
queenolofofo:
Quite unfortunate
I can't really say much on news like this,but dear Asiwaju,I wish you get this my open letter,and as a ardent believer in your school of politics,I think it is necessary for me to state my opinion.
Dear Asiwaju
We regarded it as rumour when we had you are planning to contest for president come 2023,well,to many like us,it a welcome development, simply because you have paid your dues and more importantly you are true Federalist.But on the other hand Asiwaju,it would have been best if you maintain your position as the Afobaje of this entity called naija.Alot of things are reasons why it best you remain as Afobaje.Baba,Kindly support our very own Fashola or prevail on Attahiru Jega(if must a northerner)to reposition this country. History will be kind to you Baba.But if you so decided you are contesting.we will be left with no option than to support you.
From a ardent supporter

You touched my heart with what you wrote here.
May God Almighty bless you and your generation, in fact I am short of words to write.

I love that man called Tinubu, anyday anytime I will support him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Moment Yakubu Gowon Heard About His Overthrow While In Uganda / Danjuma Saliu Shot By Dino Melaye And Armed Thugs - Police Releases Photo / See What Lagosians Did After Ambode Ordered KAI Officials Back To The Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.