Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,299 members, 7,811,890 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? (5716 Views)

Nigeria Wins Bid To Manage Belarus’s Satellite For 15 Years / Bode George Wins African Leadership Award / Alao-akala To Get Leadership Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by akin101: 5:56pm On Nov 29, 2010
i dey laff
i m in a hell called naija
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by johndavid1(m): 6:07pm On Nov 29, 2010
apoti:

I dey laff for pidgin grin grin grin
me self i dey laugh for Igbo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by Goldenmeda(m): 6:10pm On Nov 29, 2010
ok, i don hear
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by chosen04(f): 6:14pm On Nov 29, 2010
I dey laff for Boko Haram language
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by Princek12(m): 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

From my understanding, the award was not given based on existing drinking water systems. The minister did acknowledge our low rating on water sanitation. The award appeared to have been given for the initiaves the govt is taken such as involvement in Lake Chad with 30% budgetary allocation from Nigeria alone; Niger Basin stuff all ina bid to increase access to clean water; investment in dams aimed at increasing water available to agriculture. It is not about existing drinking water but moves being made to get there.
Ultimately, the recognition was basically for Nigeria's speedy ratification of some UN water course convention in 1997. At that time, my igbotic naija brother was the DG (or had just finished his tenure as DG) of the UN agency, International Water Management Institute (IWMI) based in Sri Lanka, which might explain our speedy involvement. Trust naija man to help him country.

Except where deliberate, people should read with understanding before commenting and not get prejudiced by the op who clearly did not understand what the story was all about. I completely agree that the award was premature. It should come when the goals have been met.

Didn't you read that the Minister talked about Nigeria's commitment to provide safe drinking water, and that the government has invested heavily in water treatment infrastructure. That is a big lie. This is the same commitment rhetoric that they have been using to deceive us, but they like to collect awards they do not deserve. Nothing has changed, and according to you, the only criteria for winning this award is to "say" you are going to do something without taking any objectively ascertainable affirmative steps towards effectuating that goal. It is a complete fraud. Nigeria does not deserve that award. Until we start seeing results in the common mans' lives, that is, accessibility to safe drinking water provided by the government, Nigeria does not deserve this award.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by slap1(m): 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2010
Which country(ies) did we beat to this ridiculous prize?
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by igbobuigbo: 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2010
Princek12:

Didn't you read that the Minister talked about Nigeria's commitment to provide safe drinking water, and that the government [b]has invested heavily in water treatment infrastructure. [/b]That is a big lie. This is the same commitment rhetoric that they have been using to deceive us, but they like to collect awards they do not deserve. Nothing has changed, and according to you, the only criteria for winning this award is to "say" you are going to do something without taking any objectively ascertainable affirmative steps towards effectuating that goal. It is a complete fraud. Nigeria does not deserve that award. Until we start seeing results in the common mans' lives, that is, accessibility to safe drinking water provided by the government, Nigeria does not deserve this award.

What is the lie? That they are not investing or that the fruit of the investments have not materialized? I did say that the award was premature at this point, and part of the quote below is the only statement concerning drinking water in the article. Nowhere did he specifically mention investment in water treatment infrastructures, which I guess will be just part of the overall water delivery package. The main emphasis was on water for agriculture (farming/animal production) which of course still has to be fairly clean water otherwise the farmers wading in the irrigation water contact diseases, or our cattle acquire diseases from there and transmit to us; speaking about zoonotic diseases. If you insist on just drinking water alone, I do not see how Lake Chad and Niger Basin impact the lives of Lagosions/SW or people in the East (minus parts of Anambra) who have no business with those water bodies. But they do based on agriculture since the North produces substantial percentage of the food in the country.

Receiving the award on behalf of Nigeria, Obadiah Ando, Minister of Water Resources said the recognition was a testimony to the government's commitment to providing safe and clean drinking water to Nigerians.

"Nigeria has taken leadership role in the West African sub-region on issues of water. We are currently responsible for providing 30 per cent of the budgetary requirements of the Lake Chad Bain Authority and the Niger Basin Authority and all this is to improve Nigerians access to safe and clean water," he said.

"Our sanitation rating is below 30 per cent and with the investment in new and upgrade of dams we are hopeful of achieving 90 per cent by the next decade," he said, adding that "Half of the infections that Nigerians suffer are water borne and adequate water provision will reduce that."

Fast ratification

The minister said government investment in water resources was aimed at increasing the water available to the agriculture sector so as to encourage irrigation farming.
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by HolyMikel(m): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2010
i dey smile , grin
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by seedord247(m): 6:51pm On Nov 29, 2010
This award was given to us all bcus of the NYLON of pure water they see on the street of lagos state alone
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by COOLDK(m): 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2010
slap1:

Abeg ask them oo. May be na Niger republic.
seedord247:

This award was given to us all bcus of the NYLON of pure water they see on the street of lagos state alone
Laughing, non stop.
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 29, 2010
slap1:

No country produce more schet water than us.lol
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by chic2pimp(m): 6:59pm On Nov 29, 2010
Abeg Make I follow all of una laff some more jare Hohohohohohohohohohohohohoho grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by Princek12(m): 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

What is the lie? That they are not investing or that the fruit of the investments have not materialized? I did say that the award was premature at this point, and part of the quote below is the only statement concerning drinking water in the article. Nowhere did he specifically mention investment in water treatment infrastructures, which I guess will be just part of the overall water delivery package. The main emphasis was on water for agriculture (farming/animal production) which of course still has to be fairly clean water otherwise the farmers wading in the irrigation water contact diseases, or our cattle acquire diseases from there and transmit to us; speaking about zoonotic diseases. If you insist on just drinking water alone, I do not see how Lake Chad and Niger Basin impact the lives of Lagosions/SW or people in the East (minus parts of Anambra) who have no business with those water bodies. But they do based on agriculture since the North produces substantial percentage of the food in the country.

This is the lie:

Quote from the Minister:

"Receiving the award on behalf of Nigeria, Obadiah Ando, Minister of Water Resources said the recognition[b] was a testimony to the government's commitment to providing safe and clean drinking water to Nigerians[/b], Nigeria has taken leadership role in the West African sub-region on issues of water. We are currently responsible for providing 30 per cent of the budgetary requirements of the Lake Chad Bain Authority and the Niger Basin Authority and all this is to improve Nigerians access to safe and clean water."

My point is that when was the commitment made? Was it made in their office rooms? And also, how do we measure any commitment without seeing any affirmative steps taken by the government. My point is that history suggests that all this is talk without action, a way to save face about the embarrassing state of our water system. There is also no evidence that they are currently responsible for providing the budgetary requirements of the,  Also, the statement means that if they are[b] currently[/b] providing the 30% budgetary requirement, there should currently be safe drinking water.

His main emphasis is not on Agriculture but on safe, drinking water. You don't need safe, drinking water for agricultural purposes. Water from the rain, from the sea, or from the pond is sufficient for agriculture. Many farmers rely on rain water anyway for farming. You also said the water has to be "fairly clean,"  but the minister said nothing about "fairly clean" water; he said "safe, drinking" water. From your statement you have never farmed nor know anything about farming. You don't need to treat water to farm; hey, the water goes into the soil. Please reason.

You have also assumed that the water is used for agricultural purposes because, according to you, since their providing funds for waters in the Lake Chad Basin, it only follows that it be used for agricultural purposes. I am not here to assume facts not in existence, but to analyze the story from the statements of the Minister.
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by Ormania(m): 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2010
john david:

me self i dey laugh for Igbo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

I dey lough for AMHARIC  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by igbobuigbo: 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2010
Princek12:

This is the lie:

Quote from the Minister:

"Receiving the award on behalf of Nigeria, Obadiah Ando, Minister of Water Resources said the recognition[b] was a testimony to the government's commitment to providing safe and clean drinking water to Nigerians[/b], Nigeria has taken leadership role in the West African sub-region on issues of water. We are currently responsible for providing 30 per cent of the budgetary requirements of the Lake Chad Bain Authority and the Niger Basin Authority and all this is to improve Nigerians access to safe and clean water."

My point is that when was the commitment made? Was it made in their office rooms? And also, how do we measure any commitment without seeing any affirmative steps taken by the government. My point is that history suggests that all this is talk without action, a way to save face about the embarrassing state of our water system. There is also no evidence that they are currently responsible for providing the budgetary requirements of the,  Also, the statement means that if they are[b] currently[/b] providing the 30% budgetary requirement, there should currently be safe drinking water.

His main emphasis is not on Agriculture but on safe, drinking water. You don't need safe, drinking water for agricultural purposes. Water from the rain, from the sea, or from the pond is sufficient for agriculture. Many farmers rely on rain water anyway for farming. You also said the water has to be "fairly clean,"  but the minister said nothing about "fairly clean" water; he said "safe, drinking" water. From your statement you have never farmed nor know anything about farming. You don't need to treat water to farm; hey, the water goes into the soil. Please reason.
Princek12:

This is the lie:

Quote from the Minister:

Did you say you do not need clean water for agriculture? To you, agriculture is all about farming alone? What about animal husbandry? It does not require clean water? What do they use the Lake Chad and Niger River Basins for? For Agriculture or for drinking water or for both? Do you know how water borne diseases are transmitted? Can they come from animals (that drink dirty agricultural water) to humans? Did you read about investments in Dams in the report? What are dams for? Where did he talk about water treatment? He talked generally about safe drinking water which could have been for both us and our animals. I believe the newspaper report is a snippet. You are better off reading the entire details before passing a sentimental, half-informed judgement. You want them to show the commitment to you in your bedroom? Actually the report is a show of the commitment already.

You are either deliberately reading you own meanings into the minister's speech (AKA putting words into his mouth) or you do not know how to read with understanding without distorting FACTS.
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by kruz: 7:33pm On Nov 29, 2010
undecided
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by 9ijaMan: 7:37pm On Nov 29, 2010
I dey laugh for Igbira! Head-cake done dey worry me sef, sotey water dey drop for me eyes, ! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by edoyad(m): 7:59pm On Nov 29, 2010
Ignorant people. Don't you all know we're the leading producers of pure water in the world ? grin lwkm
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by bodejohn(m): 8:09pm On Nov 29, 2010
As a matter of fact, Nigeria deserves an award, although I am shell shocked it was given to the minister of water reasources. Those who deserve the award are the pure or poor water companies and the local bore hole - water selling bussiness owners. On a second thought sha, the minister could be given a presidential hand shake for bringing the militants out of the creeks because the last time I checked that too is part of water conservation, imagine all those guys with the ocean as their toilet! Make I laugh too o.
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by marabout(m): 8:26pm On Nov 29, 2010
Laff ke, i dey hold my ribs.  grin grin grin

Amos Adamu must have a hand in this, lol.  shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by Princek12(m): 8:39pm On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Did you say you do not need clean water for agriculture? To you, agriculture is all about farming alone? What about animal husbandry? It does not require clean water? What do they use the Lake Chad and Niger River Basins for? For Agriculture or for drinking water or for both? Do you know how water borne diseases are transmitted? Can they come from animals (that drink dirty agricultural water) to humans? Did you read about investments in Dams in the report? What are dams for? Where did he talk about water treatment? He talked generally about safe drinking water which could have been for both us and our animals. I believe the newspaper report is a snippet. You are better off reading the entire details before passing a sentimental, half-informed judgement. You want them to show the commitment to you in your bedroom? Actually the report is a show of the commitment already.

You are either deliberately reading you own meanings into the minister's speech (AKA putting words into his mouth) or you do not know how to read with understanding without distorting FACTS.

You were the one who put words in the Minister's mouth. The minister did not mention agriculture. I said you do not need "safe, drinking water" for agricultural purposes. I never said you don't need clean water. You are the one said "fairly clean water" for agricultural purposes. The minister did not mention "fair clean water." Also, animals do not require the same level of clean water that humans require. Most cattle rearers feed their cows water from a nearby stream or pond.

And to show how you are living in your own delusion, if the government cannot provide safe, drinking water to human beings in Nigeria, what makes you think animals will have "safe, drinking" water. I also dare you to mention any animal farm in Nigeria where animals are given safe, drinking water. You are also believing your own lies when you think the Minister is talking about safe drinking water usable by both animals and human beings.

Most water borne diseases in Nigeria do not come from animals that drink dirty, drinking water; they come from humans drinking unsafe water directly or being exposed to it. For example, typhoid fever, Cholera, guinea worm, river blindness, Ecoli, are the most prevalent water borne diseases in Nigeria. And all of these are caused by drinking the unsafe water directly or being exposed to it; they are not caused by a proxy, as in through an animal. Even if such animals were exposed, you could cook your meat in high temperature and kill any bacteria from the animals.

The more you type, the more you show how dumb you are. If you don't know something, shut up!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by Rastamann: 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2010
Water award ke? Even the pure water in Nigeria is not pure!
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by igbobuigbo: 9:17pm On Nov 29, 2010
Princek12:

You were the one who put words in the Minister's mouth. The minister did not mention agriculture. I said you do not need "safe, drinking water" for agricultural purposes. I never said you don't need clean water. You are the one said "fairly clean water" for agricultural purposes. The minister did not mention "fair clean water." Also, animals do not require the same level of clean water that humans require. Most cattle rearers feed their cows water from a nearby stream or pond.

And to show how you are living in your own delusion, if the government cannot provide safe, drinking water to human beings in Nigeria, what makes you think animals will have "safe, drinking" water. I also dare you to mention any animal farm in Nigeria where animals are given safe, drinking water. You are also believing your own lies when you think the Minister is talking about safe drinking water usable by both animals and human beings.

Most water borne diseases in Nigeria do not come from animals that drink dirty, drinking water; they come from humans drinking unsafe water directly or being exposed to it. For example, typhoid fever, Cholera, guinea worm, river blindness, Ecoli, are the most prevalent water borne diseases in Nigeria. And all of these are caused by drinking the unsafe water directly or being exposed to it; they are not caused by a proxy, as in through an animal.  Even if such animals were exposed, you could cook your meat  in high temperature and kill any bacteria from the animals.

The more you type, the more you show how dumb you are. If you don't know something, shut up!

The minister CLEARLY explained that govt investment in water resources are aimed at increasing water for agriculture. This is the main thrust of their investment- Agriculture

Read your own post here
The minister said government investment in water resources was aimed at increasing the water available to the agriculture sector so as to encourage irrigation farming.
. What does that mean in the overall context of the article?

Yes, you need safe drinking water for agricultural purposes because (1) animals drink water and if the water is not safe, they get infected and you, the human gets  cross-over infection from there (2) farm workers who wade in rice paddies need the paddy water to be relatively safe from microbial/helminth (worm) contamination because apart from contacting helminths via skin routes, some farmers ignorantly drink from the irrigated water. That is one reason reasonable people invest in clean dams, not just for the water, but for water okay enough to work in and produce stuff like rice. Discernably, you live in Nigeria where everything is dirty and simplistic. You need to get out and see what takes place in other places.

The govt says they are working toward providing safe drinking water for the population, let us allow them continue to do so. At the same time, they are investing 30% of the budget for Lake Chad and Niger Basin. I asked you if you know what activities go on in those water bodies but you have no answer.

I never mentioned that all water borne diseases come from animals, but many of them do including E. coli which affected many people in the USA in 06 because they ate vegetables which had been defected on by contaminated pigs that fed from the irrigated farms. Nigerians should be thankful to God that they are raised to eat their food thoroughly cooked. Otherwise, they will be down everyday with infections from farm produce most of which will come from dirty irrigation water.

The only good point you have made so far is to say that the award was unnecessary which I have already acknowledged because you do not give award for anticipated results. You do so for actual results. Otherwise, apparently you are ignorant and there is no need debating with you further, but before then, educate yourself more on the need for clean water agriculture. I leave you with some stuff in the links below. You can obtain more and read up

http://westernfarmpress.com/indicators-e-coli-irrigation-water-screened-0

http://ghex.colostate.edu/pdf_files/DisinfectingWater.pdf

http://books.google.com/books?id=VI9N7b16CRoC&pg=PA35&lpg=PA35&dq=paddy+rice+and+water+borne+diseases&source=bl&ots=cqnt8-LsNJ&sig=aTTTkyfigpQLMpAzDYJqKD2ys1E&hl=en&ei=Swf0TOSQL8SAnwfTjbn8BA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCIQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=paddy%20rice%20and%20water%20borne%20diseases&f=false

www.fischerecoworks.com/Gurol-FactsandMyths.doc+disease+and+irrigated+water&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a">http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qbujWnzmC9EJ:www.fischerecoworks.com/Gurol-FactsandMyths.doc+disease+and+irrigated+water&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by Princek12(m): 10:16pm On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

The minister CLEARLY explained that govt investment in water resources are aimed at increasing water for agriculture. This is the main thrust of their investment- Agriculture

Read your own post here . What does that mean in the overall context of the article?

Yes, you need safe drinking water for agricultural purposes because (1) animals drink water and if the water is not safe, they get infected and you, the human gets  cross-over infection from there (2) farm workers who wade in rice paddies need the paddy water to be relatively safe from microbial/helminth (worm) contamination because apart from contacting helminths via skin routes, some farmers ignorantly drink from the irrigated water. That is one reason reasonable people invest in clean dams, not just for the water, but for water okay enough to work in and produce stuff like rice. Discernably, you live in Nigeria where everything is dirty and simplistic. You need to get out and see what takes place in other places.

The govt says they are working toward providing safe drinking water for the population, let us allow them continue to do so. At the same time, they are investing 30% of the budget for Lake Chad and Niger Basin. I asked you if you know what activities go on in those water bodies but you have no answer.

I never mentioned that all water borne diseases come from animals, but many of them do including E. coli[b] which affected many people in the USA in 06[/b] because they ate vegetables which had been defected on by contaminated pigs that fed from the irrigated farms. Nigerians should be thankful to God that they are raised to eat their food thoroughly cooked. Otherwise, they will be down everyday with infections from farm produce most of which will come from dirty irrigation water.

The only good point you have made so far is to say that the award was unnecessary which I have already acknowledged because you do not give award for anticipated results. You do so for actual results. Otherwise, apparently you are ignorant and there is no need debating with you further, but before then, educated yourself more on the need for clean water agriculture. I leave you with some stuff in the links below. You can obtain more and read up

http://westernfarmpress.com/indicators-e-coli-irrigation-water-screened-0

http://ghex.colostate.edu/pdf_files/DisinfectingWater.pdf

http://books.google.com/books?id=VI9N7b16CRoC&pg=PA35&lpg=PA35&dq=paddy+rice+and+water+borne+diseases&source=bl&ots=cqnt8-LsNJ&sig=aTTTkyfigpQLMpAzDYJqKD2ys1E&hl=en&ei=Swf0TOSQL8SAnwfTjbn8BA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCIQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=paddy%20rice%20and%20water%20borne%20diseases&f=false

www.fischerecoworks.com/Gurol-FactsandMyths.doc+disease+and+irrigated+water&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a">http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qbujWnzmC9EJ:www.fischerecoworks.com/Gurol-FactsandMyths.doc+disease+and+irrigated+water&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

We are talking about Nigeria in '11, and see you talking about USA in '06. Are you dreaming? I am aware that some water borne diseases come from animals, but that is not the issue. The issue is the water borne diseases that infect Nigerians directly. The Ecoli outbreak through animals happened because many Americans don't cook their meat throughly, some even like it bloody. By contrast, Nigerians cook their meat and even fry it, so, in Nigeria, water borne diseases are not generally transmitted through animals.

The main water borne diseases that affect Nigerians are typhoid, cholera, Ecoli directly from water, guinea worm, all of which are spread from direct contact with water.
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by mamagee3(f): 10:25pm On Nov 29, 2010
Why can't Nigeria win the world's best pipeline award? grin grin
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by skynylaw: 11:22pm On Nov 29, 2010
which kind award be this? infact me dey laff also grin
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by presido1: 11:41pm On Nov 29, 2010
I think Nigeria contested against Nigeria so Nigeria won.
I don't see Nigeria winning against Niger or Chap
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by Nobody: 12:15am On Nov 30, 2010
Buy your pure water;cold cold pure water
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by igbobuigbo: 12:50am On Nov 30, 2010
Princek12:

We are talking about Nigeria in '11, and see you talking about USA in '06. Are you dreaming? I am aware that some water borne diseases come from animals, but that is not the issue. The issue is the water borne diseases that infect Nigerians directly. The Ecoli outbreak through animals happened because many Americans don't cook their meat throughly, some even like it bloody. By contrast, Nigerians cook their meat and even fry it, so, in Nigeria, water borne diseases are not generally transmitted through animals.

The main water borne diseases that affect Nigerians are typhoid, cholera, Ecoli directly from water, guinea worm, all of which are spread from direct contact with water.

I gave you the USA example because in Nigeria there are hardly any data on what caused most illnesses or deaths, in this case of farmers. Water borne diseases would affect Nigerians in different ways (1) directly and (2) via domestic or even wild animals in contact with the water in rural farming areas. You do not have any data to prove me wrong, only conjectures. Farmers in Ebonyi, Benue and other states in the middle belt who still grow paddy rice are prone to microbial and worm infections from the paddies. Some villagers in the North share drinking water with domestic animals. Ordinarily, such water could be clean enough for human consumption (naija level), but owing to defecation by already infected cattle into the water you could get zoonotic infections passed on to human.

By the way, E. coli (not Ecoli) is not a disease. It is a bacterium of different strains such as EHEC , EPEC and ETEC causing haemorrhagic colitis, food poisoning and diarrhoea. And Guinea worm is not the only infectious worm. Do not let me be teaching you stuff for free grin grin grin grin grin grin

Again I ask, what are dams for? I have asked you this question but you keep skirting around it? Do you still disagree that the main thrust of the Minister and his award was water for agriculture via Lake Chad, Niger River Basin and Dam construction?
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by roymary: 1:32am On Nov 30, 2010
Oh No, you guys don't get it. Its Pure Water award. Check the nearest kiosk for confirmation.

I'm sure we didn't win jack. The organizers must have lost their various minds.
Re: Nigeria Wins Water Leadership Award! Are You Kidding Me? by Nobody: 1:47am On Nov 30, 2010
Oh Boy na wah o.naija govt no dey stop top dey amaze me,infact make i go laugh for hebrew

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia To Demolish 1800 Structures In Aba / 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st / Wake Up Call For Igbos As PDP Zones 2019 Presidential Ticket To North.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.