Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,991 members, 7,838,507 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? (41906 Views)

Is Your Girlfriend A Liability Or An Asset? Can She Do This? / Zubairu, Student Buys Nihat, 16-Year-Old Girlfriend A Benz And iPhone X Max / Friends Contribute To Buy Their Girlfriend A Jeep On Her Birthday(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2019
youngchopper:

Have given her more than that in terms of gift and birth day celebration but that reply got me thinking! Is this the type of low life woman have been going out with
you did good
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by Vicepressy: 3:08pm On Dec 21, 2019
Zornes123:

but some persons have guts. like how can you ask a guy you have been with for 2 months for 20k for hair, if its that easy I won't even work. and her reply shows how stupid she is.

Don't be surprised, that's woman for u
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by ibechris(m): 3:14pm On Dec 21, 2019
youngchopper:
Listen youngman! You don't need a damn drama in your life! Let me tell u lil story of mine!
Yesterday been 20th of December 2019 my gal friend who have been dating for just 2 months asked me on chat for money for Christmas hair 20k! I can afford it but what made me mad was I told her if she knew that 20k is somebody's salary and the fool replied " na poor person salary be that" since 24 hrs she has been calling have decided to snub her for a very long period of time! Just a galfriend what if I have her type like 5? Do u know the amount of prayer my sweet monther will pray for my head if I wire her 20k? Use your head youngman, your happiness is not tied around her!

Young thank u for this write up...may God bless all those who remember their parents.

Whether ur parent rich abi poor,we should all remember them. All these girls are finding ways in making up their finances by having as many boy friends as possible.
If u know u know...this guy has wisdom!
Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by sharone21(f): 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
IAmStrange:
Hmmm!

I've always been an advocate of this method...

Work hard until you are financially capable to cater for a family. Build your character until you become a personage that can qualify as a potential good husband, father and in law...

And then look for a good woman... try all possible means to know her and everything you need to know about her to decide if she's right for you... Engage her and marry her!

All these love, dating, boyfriend and girlfriend issues, most times, are "robbing" tactics...

And it falls on both sides...

many times, the females do it to "rob" the males of their money...

while on the other hand, the males do it to "rob" the female of their vagina.

Na the two genders dey suffer that "scam" they call relationship.

Well, as for the first issue, I don't know how the spending process goes.. is she the one that asks or you are the one that's just too generous and you give her without her asking or because you think she needs it and will likely ask?

If You are the one that's just too generous, then you limit your generosity. That will not only help you save more but will also be giving her message that she should adjust her expectations from you.

If she's the one that asks, Oga, limit what you give her and reject some of her requests.

It's during trying or difficult times that we know true friends. It may be when you start limiting your spending on her that you will know if she truly loves you or not.

As for the second issue... What your girlfriend did is a sign of what may happen or might have happened if the matter becomes more complicated than that.

Someone who easily gives in to seeking attention elsewhere when the two of you are not talking? That's dangerous.

I'm not saying that it will happen for sure but it's dangerous.

Have you not heard stories of women who had misunderstanding with their spouses and then they sought solace in another man until that other man capitalised on her emotional state and slept with her?

There were even cases where it did not happen once. The first time it happened, the woman began to enjoy the "company" of that other man and they ended up having sex several or many more times.

And in a marriage, misunderstandings will most likely happen every now and then. It's not something that can easily be avoided. So if it happens at a time when there's another man in the picture, only God knows where it'll eventually end.

It doesn't certainly define her but your girlfriend seems to have such weakness.

Therefore, I'm asking you now - not to just break up with her - but to use your sense and open your eyes very well. Try as much as possible to study her and ask wise people for advise concerning her so you will not have problems in your marriage.

By the way, Imes is coming grin

Correct, u spoke my mind....he may not break with her but not be distracted by their love....I don't see why hustlers need a woman....Tend your garden well first, then bring in a woman who will SUPPORT your dreams and what you have worked for/working for.
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by Abcruz(m): 3:17pm On Dec 21, 2019
JustMe407:
Dear nairalanders, I need you honest advice on what to do. I am still a young man and any mistake now will have a grave effect on my future. So please, help a brother.

Begging a liability to become your responsibility at this point of your life is the height of stupidity (No offense intended).

Young man focus on yourself, discover yourself, invest in yourself and actualize your vision.

That girl is only pretending to love you because of material things. The moment you go broke she'll definitely move to the next available option.

It is too early to point your searchlight on a woman. Those who followed that route never returned without regrets.

Don't spend all your energy on sex and all your money on women; they have destroyed kings.--proverbs 31:3

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by bukatyne(f): 3:19pm On Dec 21, 2019
JustMe407:
Dear nairalanders, I need you honest advice on what to do. I am still a young man and any mistake now will have a grave effect on my future. So please, help a brother. No j

Be objective and consise please. It is a long narrative.

I have a girlfriend whom I have been dating for up to 10 months now. She has all the qualities of wife, friend and a partner. I mean, she prays for me, supports me and do many things that places her above average.

I've two issues that are bugging me;

First is, I just graduated from the University and started to follow the road map I designed for my life. I am hardworking, so I started doing business immediately after my defense. Interstate exports of perishables. While I was in school, I made a lot of money doing designs for students; I am a UI/UX designer. The problem here is that I can't account for all those monies I made. A lot of expenses especially for my girlfriend. Even till now, I am supposed to send her some money but will I continue like this? I need stability in my business and need to save more and need capital for the last mile logistics company I want to set up next year.

Second issue is; I recently returned from an event I attended in Lagos some days ago, I came back very late and was grossly tired. While we were chatting, she asked me some questions which I told her I was very tired and eventually, I slept off. My phone beside me till the next morning. Fast forward to yesterday, I told her of my intentions to concentrate more in building for the future - it doesn't mean our relationship would be off. She started asking questions like "do you need some space?" "Am I bugging you?" She also said I don't "speak her language enough" language here is bonding, intimacy and closure. I was surprised at her response.

I noticed she'd be online for a long time and won't reply me on time, so I asked her who she was chatting with and she replied someone. I ignored her. This morning she called, while we got talking I asked her about the person she was chatting with. She told me the guys name. And asked if I will forgive her of anything, I said yes. She now said, she was introduced to the guy and they got flirting from the day I came back from my journey and told her I was tired and needed to rest. Her excuse was that, I pushed her to and she just wanted someone to speak/talk to.

Now, my question is, Should I move on with my business and focus, or, should I continue with the relationship? I don't want to be with someone that gives up on me easily.

P.S I love her so much. And she does too. We've through a lot together.

Please moderators, help move this to front page for more contributions.

Honestly, I will never get it.

Your boyfriend supposedly ignores you.

Instead of you to ignore him back, bug him till her responds or leave him to respond to you, you start chatting up another man.

How does this solve the problem of your boyfriend jot responding to you.

@OP: decide if you want to be with someone who lacks basic problem solving skills.

You can give her a warning that you would not tolerate such next time.

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by Rockyrascal(m): 3:21pm On Dec 21, 2019
It's surprising how the relationship shirked because of a little misunderstanding. Maybe you should conduct an integrity test on her.
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by Raalsalghul: 3:21pm On Dec 21, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Love is a Beautiful thing but we need someone who supports our dreams, someone who helps us build and not just take.
smiley
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by yenereal(m): 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
The day I pushed relationship aside and focus on my career was the day I know what happiness is. One thing I know for sure is, anytime I am through building my career and ready to settle down, the right girl will surely come. I did not say you should copy my style.

5 Likes

Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by MariaAngeles: 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
JustMe407:

We both just graduated lol. She finished top of her class with distinctions. We always talk about marriage though. 2023 is the goal.
What!? shocked
So, what is she doing seeking attention and wasting precious time, instead of being productive and looking for ways to make money ?
Most females sef... "I know book" na for paper e end undecided
OK. Translate am to money making idea na wahala

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by shekauvsbuhari: 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
Riele:

Wow .

So to dish out advice grin now has age restrictions ?
I was refering to ur calling him "EMPTY BARREL".
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
just be spending all ur capital on her to show u caring..u hear cheesy
in short if u finally run broke just sell all ur electronics and shoes and give her the money to proof u are a model boyfriend and would be husband cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by DavidEsq(m): 3:24pm On Dec 21, 2019
Riele:

Oga , you have a problem ?
Yes ma
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by Riele(f): 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2019
shekauvsbuhari:
I was refering to ur calling him "EMPTY BARREL".

EMPTY BARREL is an advice that he should work on himself .
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by youngchopper(m): 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2019
Ishilove:

What kind of hair is someone doing that costs as much as 20k?
Ask me oo
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by Riele(f): 3:29pm On Dec 21, 2019
DavidEsq:
Yes ma
Then go sort it out .
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by GindoX(m): 3:31pm On Dec 21, 2019
IAmStrange:
Hmmm!

I've always been an advocate of this method...

Work hard until you are financially capable to cater for a family. Build your character until you become a personage that can qualify as a potential good husband, father and in law...

And then look for a good woman... try all possible means to know her and everything you need to know about her to decide if she's right for you... Engage her and marry her!

All these love, dating, boyfriend and girlfriend issues, most times, are "robbing" tactics...

And it falls on both sides...

many times, the females do it to "rob" the males of their money...

while on the other hand, the males do it to "rob" the female of their vagina.

Na the two genders dey suffer that "scam" they call relationship.

Well, as for the first issue, I don't know how the spending process goes.. is she the one that asks or you are the one that's just too generous and you give her without her asking or because you think she needs it and will likely ask?

If You are the one that's just too generous, then you limit your generosity. That will not only help you save more but will also be giving her message that she should adjust her expectations from you.

If she's the one that asks, Oga, limit what you give her and reject some of her requests.

It's during trying or difficult times that we know true friends. It may be when you start limiting your spending on her that you will know if she truly loves you or not.

As for the second issue... What your girlfriend did is a sign of what may happen or might have happened if the matter becomes more complicated than that.

Someone who easily gives in to seeking attention elsewhere when the two of you are not talking? That's dangerous.

I'm not saying that it will happen for sure but it's dangerous.

Have you not heard stories of women who had misunderstanding with their spouses and then they sought solace in another man until that other man capitalised on her emotional state and slept with her?

There were even cases where it did not happen once. The first time it happened, the woman began to enjoy the "company" of that other man and they ended up having sex several or many more times.

And in a marriage, misunderstandings will most likely happen every now and then. It's not something that can easily be avoided. So if it happens at a time when there's another man in the picture, only God knows where it'll eventually end.

It doesn't certainly define her but your girlfriend seems to have such weakness.

Therefore, I'm asking you now - not to just break up with her - but to use your sense and open your eyes very well. Try as much as possible to study her and ask wise people for advise concerning her so you will not have problems in your marriage.

By the way, Imes is coming grin

Try as much as possible to study her and ask wise people for advise concerning her so you will not have problems in your marriage.

THATS THE MAIN THING BRO.
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by meine: 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2019
I have dated a needy girl from a poor background like yours before. What you are doing is a recipe for disaster and future heartbreak. Dont be shocked if she is already shagging the other guy, most women always understate their emotional involvement with Other guys. Thats why a girl who has 10 body count will reduce it to 2 when you ask her.

This girl is not emotionally stable or ready for a Marriage neither are you ready financially. Telling you about the other guy is "Emotional Blackmail ". Cut off this relationship before it is too late.

3 Likes

Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by franchasng: 3:35pm On Dec 21, 2019
JustMe407:
Dear nairalanders, I need you honest advice on what to do. I am still a young man and any mistake now will have a grave effect on my future. So please, help a brother.

I have a girlfriend whom I have been dating for up to 10 months now. She has all the qualities of wife, friend and a partner. I mean, she prays for me, supports me and do many things that places her above average.

First is, I just graduated from the University and started to follow the road map I designed for my life. I am hardworking, so I started doing business immediately after my defense. Interstate exports of perishables. While I was in school, I made a lot of money doing designs for students; I am a UI/UX designer. The problem here is that I can't account for all those monies I made. A lot of expenses especially for my girlfriend. Even till now, I am supposed to send her some money but will I continue like this? I need stability in my business and need to save more and need capital for the last mile logistics company I want to set up next year.

Second issue is; I recently returned from an event I attended in Lagos some days ago, I came back very late and was grossly tired. While we were chatting, she asked me some questions which I told her I was very tired and eventually, I slept off. My phone beside me till the next morning. Fast forward to yesterday, I told her of my intentions to concentrate more in building for the future - it doesn't mean our relationship would be off. She started asking questions like "do you need some space?" "Am I bugging you?" She also said I don't "speak her language enough" language here is bonding, intimacy and closure. I was surprised at her response.

I noticed she'd be online for a long time and won't reply me on time, so I asked her who she was chatting with and she replied someone. I ignored her. This morning she called, while we got talking I asked her about the person she was chatting with. She told me the guys name. And asked if I will forgive her of anything, I said yes. She now said, she was introduced to the guy and they got flirting from the day I came back from my journey and told her I was tired and needed to rest. Her excuse was that, I pushed her to and she just wanted someone to speak/talk to.

Now, my question is, Should I move on with my business and focus, or, should I continue with the relationship? I don't want to be with someone that gives up on me easily.

Focus on your business and future, keep her as a friend, if she isn't cool with it, let her go.

The world today is a capitalist world, the only word the world understand now is money and without money as a man, you won't be able to take care of your needs and that of your loved ones in future.

Nigeria's economy situation calls for total focus in whatever you are doing in life.

Women will always come trust me. Good women can never finish, unless you shut your eyes to see them.

But financial opportunities missed can never be regained in life.

Work hard and smart when you are young because they foundation you lay now will carry you through the future ahead of you.

You should develop a savings and reinvestment plan for your income and business.

Put down a plan for next year, in that plan, write down the things you wish to achieve, the amount of money required to achieve them in 2020, and then map out steps and things to do in 2020 to generate the money to achieve those plan.

Every 3 months, go back and assess your progress, that way, you will know where your income is going and whether you are earning enough to meet your 2020 target projects.

Be realistic and greedy in your plannongy. All the best

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by franchasng: 3:39pm On Dec 21, 2019
lefulefu2:
just be spending all ur capital on her to show u caring..u hear cheesy
in short if u finally run broke just sell all ur electronics and shoes and give her the money to proof u are a model boyfriend and would be husband cheesy
You, you grin
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by DICKstractor: 3:40pm On Dec 21, 2019
How good and pleasant is that pussy that you can't press the pause button to build your future...

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by daclint(m): 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2019
young jeezy once said (Stay on ur grind , you'll catch them hoes later )
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2019
JustMe407:

You are confused...good sex isn't love.
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 21, 2019
franchasng:
You, you grin
just giving him brotherly advice cheesy
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by youngchopper(m): 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2019
youngchopper:
Listen youngman! You don't need a damn drama in your life! Let me tell u lil story of mine!
Yesterday been 20th of December 2019 my gal friend who have been dating for just 2 months asked me on chat for money for Christmas hair 20k! I can afford it but what made me mad was I told her if she knew that 20k is somebody's salary and the fool replied " na poor person salary be that" since 24 hrs she has been calling have decided to snub her for a very long period of time! Just a galfriend what if I have her type like 5? Do u know the amount of prayer my sweet monther will pray for my head if I wire her 20k? Use your head youngman, your happiness is not tied around her!
Op come back here!
Just wanna update u so u can see if she really yours or maybe she is just with u for the money
Here is an update on my post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2019
franchasng:
Focus on your business and future, keep her as a friend, if she isn't cool with it, let her go.

The world today is a capitalist world, the only word the world understand now is money and without money as a man, you won't be able to take care of your needs and that of your loved ones in future.

Nigeria's economy situation calls for total focus in whatever you are doing in life.

Women will always come trust me. Good women can never finish, unless you shut your eyes to see them.

But financial opportunities missed can never be regained in life.

Work hard and smart when you are young because they foundation you lay now will carry you through the future ahead of you.

You should develop a savings and reinvestment plan for your income and business.

Put down a plan for next year, in that plan, write down the things you wish to achieve, the amount of money required to achieve them in 2020, and then map out steps and things to do in 2020 to generate the money to achieve those plan.

Every 3 months, go back and assess your progress, that way, you will know where your income is going and whether you are earning enough to meet your 2020 target projects.

Be realistic and greedy in your plannongy. All the best
Are you single? A feminist? Hmm...you sound intelligent and independent but..
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by youngchopper(m): 3:51pm On Dec 21, 2019
youngchopper:

Op come back here!
Just wanna update u so u can see if she really yours or maybe she is just with u for the money
Here is an update on my post
From our chat she seems sorry! We need to teach our women not to abuse men who work hard to put food on the table, no matter how little theu earn! To be a man no be come chop to allow woman to they insult us MBA!
Stay blessed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
Raalsalghul:
smiley
It's not?
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by Raalsalghul: 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
It's not?
Yes, of course you know this already.
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by shekauvsbuhari: 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2019
Riele:

EMPTY BARREL is an advice that he should work on himself .
Young lady, U know it was no advice. Stop twisting it.
Re: Is My Girlfriend A Threat To Me? by iamJ(m): 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2019
Is this one a problem

Lmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When The Man You Are About To Marry Is Wanted By Efcc(photo) / Couple's Traditional Wedding Pose Earns Them Criticisms From Social Media Users / Don't Start A Relationship With Any Guy Before He Becomes Your Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.