Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,553 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

My Theory Of The Average Nigerian Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Theory Of The Average Nigerian Relationship (602 Views)

The Beginning Set The Motion...on. Adam And Eve My Theory / Dear Average Nigerian Married Men, Hope You Learned Something From Mike O Edward / The Theory Of Male Attraction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Theory Of The Average Nigerian Relationship by dreaizy(m): 1:13pm On Dec 21, 2019
I have developed a theory of relationships from my little dating experience and other people's experiences. I want your opinion to fortify or disprove my theory. The theory is tailored for the average Nigerian relationship. I believe it explains why boys and young men think girls are opportunists and why girls and older women think men are scum.
I was having a discussion with another guy and some girls a few days ago. A casual discussion until we started talking about relationships. The girls where aged 17, 19, and two 24 year olds. One of the girls started it by saying she can't marry a jobless man. Then it became a discussion of money and love. To cut the long story short, the two most attractive and wordly girls ( a 25 yr old & the 19 yr old) insisted that they can't love without money. The 19 yr old detailed how she would collect money separately for everything, including the most insignificant things such as toothbrush. It seems she expects her boyfriend to be her father or at least a sugar daddy.
For the remaining two, one said she will try to contribute in her relationship, while the naive 17 yr old said money is not important.
When the other guy asked why they take money from people they don't intend to date. They said most guys keep giving them things but we pressed them until one slipped and said they lead men on because they won'the able to collect things/money from men if men know they are not interested in dating.
Here are the laws of my theory.
1. Nigerian women view relationships as a financial deal. They only date you if you can afford them. So, women tend to date richer and mostly older men. That's why younger men with minimum or no income have problem getting women.
2. An average woman's look is her selling point, and it is subjected to the law of diminishing returns. It increases until it reaches a peak and starts decreasing.
3. A woman's value as a sex object= Looks - (demand +personal issues). Her demands and personal issues increases with age while her looks will start to wane at one point. This factors reduce her value as a sex object as she grows older. She becomes more likely to get dumped or cheated on. So, she joins the "men are scum" wagon.
4. Men realise this principle as they grow richer. He sees women as sex objects that he can buy. So he replaces them or he takes multiple partners, in order words he starts cheating. He can now afford women.
So here is the theory, it is simple and universal. All I did was compile the rules. I divided it in 2 in order to make it easily understandable.
Two types of people are on the top of the dating pyramid.
1. Attractive and/or young females because their sex value is high
2. Richer, mostly older men, because they have want most females want "money."
Two types of people are at the bottom of the dating pyramid.
1. Older women because they have less value as sex objects.
2. Younger men because they don't have what most women want "money."
Please improve or disprove my theory.

1 Like

Re: My Theory Of The Average Nigerian Relationship by Davash222(m): 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2019
This one na adolescent talk.
Re: My Theory Of The Average Nigerian Relationship by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2019
Nigerian women, Nigerian women.
Have you met all Nigerian women?

If a percentage of the girls you meet are like that, then that's on you. Do not generalize.

Plus what do you expect from a 19year old girl before?

Can we start talking money, career, Development in 2020 Please
Re: My Theory Of The Average Nigerian Relationship by djfabmusik(m): 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
very true
Re: My Theory Of The Average Nigerian Relationship by dreaizy(m): 1:26pm On Dec 21, 2019
Davash222:
This one na adolescent talk.
disprove theory, you no say anything reasonable
Re: My Theory Of The Average Nigerian Relationship by dreaizy(m): 1:34pm On Dec 21, 2019
HannahHitler:
Nigerian women, Nigerian women.
Have you met all Nigerian women?

If a percentage of the girls you meet are like that, then that's on you. Do not generalize.

Plus what do you expect from a 19year old girl before?

Can we start talking money, career, Development in 2020 Please
If the 19yr old is immature, what about the 24 yr old. I don't put all women in the same shoes, even two of the girls in my story were reasonable.
FYI, i am already making money and making headway in my career. Even this is part of my job because I am a writer and writers are suppose to study and write about their environments.
I don't believe women are bad, I am merely complaining about an aspect of our culture.
Re: My Theory Of The Average Nigerian Relationship by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 21, 2019
dreaizy:
If the 19yr old is immature, what about the 24 yr old. I don't put all women in the same shoes, even two of the girls in my story were reasonable.
FYI, i am already making money and making headway in my career. Even this is part of my job because I am a writer and writers are suppose to study and write about their environments.
I don't believe women are bad, I am merely complaining about an aspect of our culture.
then study it objectively. Is there equality in Nigeria? How do people view career women who do not need men to survive. Do men really like independent ladies? Do women get access to jobs, political offices etc. In a family, who is more likely to take care of the family, the male or female child?
I'm not giving excuses either.

You have to examine a lot of these factors to ascertain why women are always seeming broke.
Re: My Theory Of The Average Nigerian Relationship by dreaizy(m): 2:03pm On Dec 21, 2019
HannahHitler:
then study it objectively. Is there equality in Nigeria? How do people view career women who do not need men to survive. Do men really like independent ladies? Do women get access to jobs, political offices etc. In a family, who is more likely to take care of the family, the male or female child?
I'm not giving excuses either.

You have to examine a lot of these factors to ascertain why women are always seeming broke.
Women get paid less, they also have less opportunities, that is true. That's a different conversation. I am not calling them lazy or inferior. In fact I respect and adore women. That's why I am complaining about women who approach relationships like this. it's sex or the promise of sex for financial aid.
I am calling them out for their actions. Again, I agree with you that not all women are like that. Even I am just beginning to develop this view of some girls. Circumstances should not excuse a behavior. Stop making excuses

1 Like

Re: My Theory Of The Average Nigerian Relationship by Fash20: 3:08pm On Dec 21, 2019
This is so true.

(1) (Reply)

HuntSon / Man Excited As He Finally Gets His Wife An Iphone For New Year (photos) / My Hand Say No, Please Help Very Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.