Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,674 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy (5188 Views)

Why Is It That Most Ladies Don't Want To Date Or Marry Their Age Mates? / If You Can't Shift My Womb, I Won't Date Or Marry You - Pretty Slay Queen (pics) / A Friend Found Anti-HIV Drugs In Her Boyfriend's House, Ladies Please Be Careful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by CHoccolaTE: 3:32pm On Dec 21, 2019
Over the years, there has been this notion that broke guys should not be in relationship and I think this is true.
There is no romance without finance. This has been a cliche that has been used by the female folk for quite a while and in all sincerity, it is the truth. Every relationship, be it marriage or courtship or boy/girl romance needs money to drive those exciting moments that makes the relationship memorable.
Being broke is relative. It means different things to different people. There is no universal benchmark to ascertain a certain level of financial freedom that can be classified as being financially stable. For instance, lady A can decide to marry a guy who earns 100k, and to her, that guy is financially stable while lady B can decide to have nothing to do with a guy who earns less than 500k per month.
That said, I think it is only right for girls to demand financial stability from their partners before dating or marriage. Everyone has priorities and relationship needs and I think it is not wise to date anyone (male or female) who has money issues. That is not to say all broke guys should be curved. There are some guys who are ambitious and hardworking but they are yet to achieve that financial freedom. To this group of guys, ladies should learn be discerning enough to know whether to stick to them because you don't want to end up with a permanent liability as a husband.
As a woman it's very difficult to see your children struggling to survive while their mates go to the best schools and wear the best clothes.
Truth is that you as a female might find it difficult to do some very tasking jobs when you get pregnant or while you are nursing not to mention the fact that many companies discriminate against married women with children because they believe these women would place their children over their jobs and cause setbacks.
In times like that, the task of hustling and being breadwinner should already be covered by the guy to avoid the family going into financial crises

Ladies, you know how the average Nigerian man will not see it as his duty to go shopping in the market to buy household items, they won't see it as their duty to cook for the family or do daily house cleaning so the job falls on you as a woman in majority of cases, do not go about taking losses and doing glorified housemaid and baby making machine and sex slave for a guy who you will still go out daily to hustle money and feed while he bosses you around as the head of house and demands submission from you.

So, dont date or marry any guy who sees you as key to financial freedom or stability. In a relationship, both parties are meant to benefit equally.
Yes, the woman should compliment her man financially but in Nigerian societies, it's not your primary responsibility to provide.

Look for a capable guy that can do it before getting married to avoid birthing kids that will come to this world and suffer.
Gracias. [/quote]

19 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by godwin5sam(m): 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2019
lol
Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 21, 2019
Bitter feminist on the loose. Check out her profile cheesy

Ladies wise up! There is nothing wrong with building with your man. Both good and bad experiences are part of life, women too have disappointed men, it's not easy both ways.

Don't flock senselessly to men that have made it already cos they will take you for gold diggers. Most importantly, don't listen to bitter feminists who are using the movement to cover their shame. None of them is truly happy being single and lonely.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by highcurrent: 3:51pm On Dec 21, 2019
DEAR GENTLE MENS, PLEASE DON'T DATE OR MARRY A BROKE LADY.

ACTION AND REACTION ARE OPPOSITE AND EQUAL
IT SHOULD ALSO APPLY TO THE LADIES.

37 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 21, 2019
Another 'brainless fish' just left the ocean.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
Naso. Las las,we all will end up being singles. Lol
Men dey para,women also dey para. Let me catch my fun. Very sweet topic.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by johnkey: 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2019
Dear guys please don't date or marry broke girls again. Look in your area, find that rich family, Target their 16 year old daughter, make her fall in love with you... the rest is history.

16 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by donbachi(m): 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2019
pls ma,a friend of mine has 10m naira and he wish to invest it...pls,help me with a type of business and proper business plan.lastly,advice him also on how he can grow in such business.thanks.

1 Like

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by Ginaz(f): 4:08pm On Dec 21, 2019
this place gonna turn bloody in a second grin

4 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by Funmmyastic: 4:10pm On Dec 21, 2019
Ginaz:

Lol

1 Like

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 21, 2019
most nigerians are broke, 75% of Nigerians do not have up to 500,000 naira in their account

it means that

your father is broke
mother is broke
brothers is broke
sisters is broke, aunty and uncle broke

where do we start from?

hustling and being breadwinner should already be covered by the guy, if the guy dies, so meaning the woman and her children will go back to poverty again

8 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by CHoccolaTE: 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2019
Ginaz:

Westin concern me? grin
I told them the bitter truth, if they like make dem vex

9 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by Funmmyastic: 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2019
Op you sha like trouble like this,they are coming for your head.
Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by Godfullsam(m): 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2019
eduman365:
Bitter feminist on the loose... Check out her profile cheesy

Ladies wise up. There is nothing wrong with building with your man. Both good and bad experiences are part of life. Don't rush to men that have made it already cos they might see you as gold diggers. Most importantly, don't listen to bitter feminists who are using the movement to cover their shame. None of them are truly happy being single and lonely.

You have said it all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by Godfullsam(m): 4:14pm On Dec 21, 2019
Before I date a lady, I must make sure she has her own money.

I cannot take responsibility for a lady without disability..

Guys pls wise up. You don't owe any lady anything!

6 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by victorian(f): 4:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
News reaching me an hour ago cheesy

A young married lady who has the been carrying the family responsibilities for the past three years, when she collects her money clients pay her for her interior decorating biz, she usually give her jobless husband 70% while she keeps 30% for herself. All to make the man feel he's in control and still the head. Food, clothes, shoes, house rent, baby naming all on her neck.

Just last weekend, the husband has quietly parked out of their home in banana island, which she rented with her money not too long ago. He left his wife with his two kids and also cleared her 15million naira, which she has been keeping account of, everytime she gives him money from her business proceeds.
The plan was to build their dream home with it.

The husband is nowhere to be found with a his clothes, shoes and passport with her 15 million naira!!!

He don ja! cheesy

God abeg o!

9 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
victorian:

A young married lady who has the been carrying the family responsibilities for the past three years, when she collects her money clients pay her for her interior decorating biz, she usually give her jobless husband 70% while she keeps 30% for herself. All to make the man feel he's in control and still the head. Food, clothes, shoes, house rent, baby naming all on her neck.

Just last weekend, the husband has quietly parked out of their home in banana island, which she rented with her money not too long ago. He left his wife with his two kids and also cleared her 15million naira, which she has been keeping account of, everytime she gives him money from her business proceeds.

The husband is nowhere to be found with a his clothes, shoes and passport with her 15 million naira!!!

He don ja! cheesy

God abeg o!

.. I don't know why this comment is making me to laugh but,women has been jaaing since 18 BC,so let a man jaa! for once. Jokes apart,this is a very wicked act. I don't support it when some men treat their good wife's bad.

8 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:26pm On Dec 21, 2019
Godfullsam:
Before I date a lady, I must make sure she has her own money.

I cannot take responsibility for a lady without disability..

Guys pls wise up. You don't owe any lady anything!
.. What's the difference between what you are saying and what the op is saying?If guys don't want to be associated with broke women,I think is commendable for ladies to refuse broke men.

7 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by CHoccolaTE: 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2019
Funmmyastic:
Op you sha like trouble like this,they are coming for your head.

I dey kamkpe
I full ground brekete
No leave no transfer tongue

5 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by CHoccolaTE: 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2019
victorian:

He don ja! cheesy

God abeg o!

My dear God bless you for this post

Personally I know a number of women who are taking care of financial responsibilities in their families because their husbands are going through tough times but these women don't come out to announce it because of shame and because for some odd reason many married women like competing with each other to prove their marriage is better

Silly small boys on Nairaland that never leave their houses will not know the true situation of things but will come out claiming that women never bring anything to the table.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by victorian(f): 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
.. I don't know why this comment is making me to laugh but,women has been jaaing since 18 BC,so let a man jaa! for once. Jokes apart,this is a very wicked act. I don't support it when some men treat their good wife's bad.

As in ehn?

The lady has been the one taking care of her husband, hoping one day he will land a job. But job is not forthcoming . So she was like OK, my husband this is what I made today, assuming it's 100k, take 70k while I keep 30k.
That's how she's been running the home.
No-one suspected she's the one taking care of the home. And do u know the guy was always sleeping, she will. Leave him at-home, go hustle, she will come back at night still see him at the position she left him on the bed chatting. He will then say he's hungry o.

Most times she complains, she takes the kids to day care, come home tired and he will expect her to cook. She will still cook. But lo and behold ,he has other plans. He's gone.

Later men will say women don't hustle, women are lazy!

Really?

Anyways such men dont suceed in life, no matter where they run away to and no. Matter how much they steal from their trusting partner.

Marry a broke jobless man at your own peril!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by Raalsalghul: 4:37pm On Dec 21, 2019
lilwetdick:
most nigerians are broke, 75% of Nigerians do not have up to 500,000 naira in their account

it means that

your father is broke
mother is broke
brothers is broke
sisters is broke, aunty and uncle broke

where do we start from?

hustling and being breadwinner should already be covered by the guy, if the guy dies, so meaning the woman and her children will go back to poverty again
Source please? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by Raalsalghul: 4:39pm On Dec 21, 2019
victorian:
[s]News reaching me an hour ago cheesy

He don ja! cheesy

God abeg o! [/s]

1 Like

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:40pm On Dec 21, 2019
CHoccolaTE:

My dear God bless you for this post

Personally I know a number of women who are taking care of financial responsibilities in their families because their husbands are going through tough times but these women don't come out to announce it because of shame and because for some odd reason many married women like competing with each other to prove their marriage is better

Silly small boys on Nairaland that never leave their houses will not know the true situation of things but will come out claiming that women never bring anything to the table.
.. In as much as I don't agree to most of your comments,I think you are very correct on this particular one.Some women dey try.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by Godfullsam(m): 4:40pm On Dec 21, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
.. What's the difference between what you are saying and what the op is saying?If guys don't want to be associated with broke women,I think is commendable for ladies to refuse broke men.

The difference is that there is entitlement undertone in what the OP wrote.

My stance is that, ladies should not feel entitled to what they didn't work for just because they are in a relationship.

Love is a mutual thing.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2019
Godfullsam:

The difference is that there is entitlement undertone in what the OP wrote.

My stance is that, ladies should not feel entitled to what they didn't work for just because they are in a relationship.

Love is a mutual thing.
.Nice. I was thinking you don't see anything wrong when guys say they can't marry a broke lady but seeing all shades of wrong with what she said. I was wrong because you just made my day with your answer.
Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by ambassadorgozie(m): 4:51pm On Dec 21, 2019
victorian:

He don ja! cheesy

God abeg o!

lies

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by victorian(f): 4:51pm On Dec 21, 2019
[quote author=Raalsalghul post=85106847][/quote]

Cat cut your tongue? tongue

cheesy

Mr fastest finger to insult.

cool

3 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by Homers123(m): 4:52pm On Dec 21, 2019
It's funny that the same person who said we are equal (male and female) is trying to divide responsibilities.

5 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by victorian(f): 4:53pm On Dec 21, 2019
ambassadorgozie:

lies

The Pure truth from a reliable source.

I even know the woman sef.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Ladies, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Guy by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2019
So who will now marry us?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

China Copies Brazil Miss Bumbum Contest By Celebrating Women's Bumbum(photos,18+ / Photo: OMG! Can You Allow This On Your Wife? / Guyz Abeg Serious O, How I Go Get This Girl To Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.