Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Is abortion on 13years old normal? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is abortion on 13years old normal? (2673 Views)

My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion / 29-Year-Old Mother Of 4 Dies After Abortion, Impregnated By 25-Year-Old Boyfrien / Lady Tells Her Mother She Is Pregnant, Did Abortion. Watch Her Mum's Reaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by dosht(f): 3:07pm On Dec 23, 2019
Katier00:
Parenting is team work, why send the mother away? This should serve as a lesson to all of us. Both the father and the mother has a role to play in ensuring that their children don't drift away. Now the little girl is dead
I'm telling you the dad nearly run mad because he had the child in his 50s and his first child for that matter.
Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by crackhaus: 3:52pm On Dec 23, 2019
dosht:
I'm so sad here right now. This incident happened somewhere in my area last week Saturday. According to the child last words, she said the boy(her cousin) raped her when she was babysitting her younger ones and threatened her not to tell anyone or else he will stab her to death.

How did the mother know? It was an outsider that joke that I hope you're not pregnant this one your Tommy's bulging out. Long story cut short the father said he doesn't want to see the mother so the mother travelled to her home town some days later we heard the daughter demise. But the mother is still denying it till tomorrow that she didn't do abortion for her.

The boy's on the run now. They want to treat the case as family issue.

As a mother or father will you keep the pregnancy or abort? Let's hear your view
So you mean she already had a noticeably bulging stomach, and you are still asking what exactly?

How on God's green earth does anyone think it's okay to abort a foetus that is almost fully formed, and on a 13yr old girl no less?
It is certainly NOT okay and it is definitely NOT normal. At best, it is idíotic, and at worst, it's ignorant.

Her mother must be arrested for murder.
Then the cousin should be found and arrested for defilement, he will be tried as a minor as he is just 14.

4 Likes

Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by crackhaus: 4:05pm On Dec 23, 2019
dosht:

I forgot to add. She was five months gone
You did not even need to add this, any discerning person with common sense ought to have picked up on your claim that her belly was protruding.
Abortion was 100% the more dangerous option for a 13yr old girl, not VVF or the legality of abortion nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2019
dosht:

Risky riiiiisssssskkkkkky!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by thorpido(m): 4:51pm On Dec 23, 2019
crackhaus:

You did not even need to add this, any discerning person with common sense ought to have picked up on your claim that her belly was protruding.
Abortion was 100% the more dangerous option for a 13yr old girl, not VVF or the legality of abortion nonsense.
Actually,an abortion could be carried out up to about 24 weeks of pregnancy(that's about 6months).
It depends on what procedure is done.The abortion that is common is done within 13 weeks of pregnancy and that is the one where pills can be used.After 13weeks,a procedure has to be done which is the D&C that is carried out in a hospital.
In some cases,even after 24weeks,a baby can still be removed even though it is not legal and can simply be termed murder.It happens in medical issues where the life of the mother is at risk.
Medically,it is about 11 times RISKIER to die from a pregnancy related issue than an abortion(put being a 13yr old as an added risk).
The key issue here is having QUALIFIED MEDICAL PERSONNEL carry out the procedure in an ideal setting.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by Ihategirls(m): 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2019
That’s also called being pro abortion.

Abortion should only be used when necessary but not as a birth control method. So if you support it in this type of instance, it means you’re pro abortion.
Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by cococandy(f): 5:56pm On Dec 23, 2019
Should have said so in the beginning.

Yes it’s late abortion. Also very risky.

Less risky than full term birth of course. Just should have been handled by a professional
dosht:

3 Likes

Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by crackhaus: 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2019
thorpido:
Actually,an abortion could be carried out up to about 24 weeks of pregnancy(that's about 6months).
It depends on what procedure is done.The abortion that is common is done within 13 weeks of pregnancy and that is the one where pills can be used.After 13weeks,a procedure has to be done which is the D&C that is carried out in a hospital.
In some cases,even after 24weeks,a baby can still be removed even though it is not legal and can simply be termed murder.It happens in medical issues where the life of the mother is at risk.
Medically,it is about 11 times RISKIER to die from a pregnancy related issue than an abortion(put being a 13yr old as an added risk).
The key issue here is having QUALIFIED MEDICAL PERSONNEL carry out the procedure in an ideal setting.
I understand all you have typed Thorpido, it's textbook information...but you are a doctor I guess, so I assume you also know that the practicality of performing the procedure on a near-fully formed foetus isn't just a walk in the park.

For heavens sake, they have to crack the skull and soft bones of the foetus before it can be evacuated through the cervix at this point. This is murder man.
No no no no no, I don't even want to think of it.

Personally, at five months I'd rather risk a 13yr old carrying her pregnancy to full term under careful monitoring and observation, have the baby birthed by caesarean section when its due than letting anyone insert any goddamn equipment in there to mutilate things - too many things can go wrong very fast, even in the hands of QUALIFIED MEDICAL PERSONNEL.

4 Likes

Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by thorpido(m): 6:48pm On Dec 23, 2019
crackhaus:

I understand all you have typed Thorpido, it's textbook information...but you are a doctor I guess, so I assume you also know that the practicality of performing the procedure on an almost formed foetus isn't just a walk in the park.

For heavens sake, they have to crack the skull and soft bones of the foetus before it can be evacuated through the cervix at this point? This is murder man.

Personally, at five months I'd rather risk a 13yr old carrying her pregnancy to full term under careful monitoring and observation, have the baby birthed by caesarean section when its due than letting anyone insert any goddamn equipment in there to mutilate things - too many things can go wrong very fast, even in the hands of QUALIFIED MEDICAL PERSONNEL.
6 months is advanced though so I agree with you it's the extreme.The Op didn't say at the beginning that it was 5months.Well in that case I would have opted to go through with the pregnancy.
This case most likely wasn't handled by a professional at all.They probably went the traditional way.
Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by crackhaus: 7:05pm On Dec 23, 2019
thorpido:
6 months is advanced though so I agree with you it's the extreme.The Op didn't say at the beginning that it was 5months.Well in that case I would have opted to go through with the pregnancy.
This case most likely wasn't handled by a professional at all.They probably went the traditional way.
True
Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by Katier00(f): 8:25pm On Dec 23, 2019
dosht:

I'm telling you the dad nearly run mad because he had the child in his 50s and his first child for that matter.
o merciful Jesus
Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by Alennsar(f): 9:04pm On Dec 23, 2019
zaynie:

I can and I will.
Rather than put my child through the pains of labour, the challenges of motherhood, postpartum depression, possibly fistula.
At 13,she's too young for that.
Maybe 16/18,i could let her have the baby but not at 13.

I'll go a step further and murder the boy. He can run to the ends of the earth. It might take me a thousand years but his death will be from my hands.

Humm this your comment get as he be ooo
Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by Samfloxin(m): 10:06pm On Dec 23, 2019
cococandy:
Children shouldn’t be having children.
Best is prevention of course.
But if we are in a situation where talking of prevention is flogging a dead horse, yes I would opt for an abortion.

And what if she dies during the abortion? you are indeed and enemy of the word of God. If she is my daughter,she will carry the pregnancy and put to bed that baby.
Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by nlPoster: 10:39pm On Dec 23, 2019
Let's fear God and not post all these scary stories. Your thread title minimizes what happened in your post content. You're asking if abortion is normal but you mentioned something very drastic and which the normalcy or otherwise of abortion is irrelevant to.

Be godly, not satanic. I had commented on the thread before noticing that evil.

2 Likes

Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by olabrinks(f): 11:39pm On Dec 23, 2019
This is pure evil. Disgusting
thorpido:
Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by eyinjuege: 6:32am On Dec 24, 2019
dosht:

You forgot the most important piece of information ...

1 Like

Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by eyinjuege: 6:36am On Dec 24, 2019
madridguy:
Are you sure the late girl was raped? To me if she's truly raped she would have tells her mother, or father about the useless boy act.
I guess they both agreed to do daddy and mummy before the matter get k.leg.

Las las i blame the girl parents especially her father for not managing the issue very well.
Rip to the young girl.

You know nothing about rape victims. Majority don't ever mention it because they have been threatened with harm or death. At that age, she probably believed he will kill her.
Most cases of rape are still unreported

3 Likes

Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by thorpido(m): 8:02am On Dec 24, 2019
olabrinks:
This is only from a medical standpoint.

1 Like

Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 24, 2019
As a mother, i will take the child to a licensed professional who will get rid of the fetus,, and not in the hands of a quack which is most likely what happened to the girl in op's case . NO way will i sabotage my daughter's future because of an idiot who doesnt know the meaning of responsibility and the consequences of his actions. But the fact that my daughter cannot confide in me or her father is a shame on both of us and is something i pray to never happen to my kids.

A 13 year old isn't adult or mature enough to make such decisions, but if the girl is intent on keeping the child, i won't stop her from that but she will have to grow up quickly and look after the child on her own. mummy and daddy cannot bail you out all the time

3 Likes

Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2019
olabrinks:
it is the pure truth, the fact that people die from abortions in nigeria is due to the fact that it is unsafe and made illegal, which means that it was by someone who wasn't licensed to do it, or done in a place that doesn't meet the minimum medical standards to do such a procedure.

if abortions were legalised where you could go to a licensed hospital to get it done, the girl will most likely not have died.

there is alsothe fact that this girl didnt know that she was pregnant on time or the implications of the pregnancy

3 Likes

Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 24, 2019
Samfloxin:

And what if she dies during the abortion? you are indeed and enemy of the word of God. If she is my daughter,she will carry the pregnancy and put to bed that baby.
you trully are ignorant. That is why you say this

2 Likes

Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2019
Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 24, 2019
Samfloxin:

Nigerian and their love for God indeed cheesy

The most corrupt and wicked people on earth.
Is it not the same Nigerians that treat other people's children living with them as slaves and beggars?

When it suits any of u, u will remember God.
Nigerians that can kill and maim with reckless abandon.
Nigerians that are rape apologists.
That call old people witches and wizards.
We indeed love our Nigerian God

3 Likes

Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by olabrinks(f): 1:03pm On Dec 24, 2019
I’m totally against abortion I just hate it. In this case, it’s quite sensitive. However, legalising abortion is not the way forward as many girls will start using it as a birth control method. Since abortion is unsafe in Nigeria, a lot of people prefer to take responsibility for their actions or use methods to prevent pregnancies which is much better than killing innocent an foetus. I believe abortion should only be legal to extreme cases like this one, and should only be performed before 10 weeks. I still feel like adoption is a better option.
funmisticqueen:
it is the pure truth, the fact that people die from abortions in nigeria is due to the fact that it is unsafe and made illegal, which means that it was by someone who wasn't licensed to do it, or done in a place that doesn't meet the minimum medical standards to do such a procedure.

if abortions were legalised where you could go to a licensed hospital to get it done, the girl will most likely not have died.

there is alsothe fact that this girl didnt know that she was pregnant on time or the implications of the pregnancy
Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by bukatyne(f): 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2019
crackhaus:

I understand all you have typed Thorpido, it's textbook information...but you are a doctor I guess, so I assume you also know that the practicality of performing the procedure on a near-fully formed foetus isn't just a walk in the park.

For heavens sake, they have to crack the skull and soft bones of the foetus before it can be evacuated through the cervix at this point. This is murder man.

@bold:

This is a joke right? cry cry cry cry cry

@Topic: I would rather let the girl birth the baby through CS, do comestic surgery to clean up the scars and give out the baby for adoption.

There are just some things I would dabble in. The stain would never leave my conscience and it would probably make my mind snap in the end. undecided
Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by crackhaus: 4:54pm On Dec 24, 2019
bukatyne:

@bold:

This is a joke right? cry cry cry cry cry

@Topic: I would rather let the girl birth the baby through CS, do comestic surgery to clean up the scars and give out the baby for adoption.

There are just some things I would dabble in. The stain would never leave my conscience and it would probably make my mind snap in the end. undecided
Ohh you didn't know? Why do you think it's such a complex procedure even when performed on grown women?
Once the time-frame for (1) pills/injections, or (2) suction, has passed, the next is the above process.

Not even 'experienced doctors' eagerly want to do it, which is why all that talk about making it legal and whatnot is completely besides the point. Abortion debate is a very complex issue among serious professionals in the medical field, so it always makes me giggle when ignorant people who have never handled a scalpel to perform surgery start chanting 'legalize abortion' as if it's climate change.

In countries where it's legal, they designate abortion clinics/centres with specialized doctors attending to patients. It's not something you can just walk into any hospital and you will be admitted for any doctor to stick his tools inside you. There is hardly even any country on earth where abortion on request is completely legal at every time during the entire duration of pregnancy. I'm finding it hard coming up with any off the top of my head, perhaps you can help out if you know of one.
The US which is being used as a standard and the reason why the 'chanters' on this thread are talking about legalizing it, made it legal everywhere only during the first trimester, not at any time during the pregnancy - in some states, it's pushed further to within the first 4/5 months, I think 6months in one state but these are still under heavy deliberations by their respective supreme courts.

In this particular case and considering the status of abortion in Nigeria, I really don't see how carrying the baby to full term is more dangerous than aborting it. That's ridiculous.
Are there no 13/14/15yr old girls in Arab countries and even in our northern Nigeria that have given birth to children even without access to world-class medicine? Not to mention that the legality of it will not make it a better choice considering that even in places where it is, 5months is still a stretch.

4 Likes

Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by iomoge2(f): 7:00pm On Dec 24, 2019
What I learnt recently
Once you know your child is sexually active. Please help them do family planning

But to be candid
13years?
OMG!

May God help us to teach our kids well and also shield them from predators. Amen.
Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:27pm On Dec 24, 2019
thorpido:

most people are talking of more like back door

this case in every country if reported it would be reported as rape therefore abortion would allowed by courts, so definately a specialised doctor would be given to help this girl

also since it has been said that the family wants, it to be dealt with as family issue, if reported it is treat as incest, therefore it also grants an abortion

remember there are two types of abortion

illegal and legal

this case if reported the girl would be granted a legal abortion by the courts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by Athina1982(f): 3:59pm On Mar 23, 2022
dosht:
I'm so sad here right now. This incident happened somewhere in my area last week Saturday. According to the child last words, she said the boy(her cousin) raped her when she was babysitting her younger ones and threatened her not to tell anyone or else he will stab her to death.

How did the mother know? It was an outsider that joke that I hope you're not pregnant this one your Tommy's bulging out. Long story cut short the father said he doesn't want to see the mother so the mother travelled to her home town some days later we heard the daughter demise. But the mother is still denying it till tomorrow that she didn't do abortion for her.

The boy's on the run now. They want to treat the case as family issue.

As a mother or father will you keep the pregnancy or abort? Let's hear your view
contact 08037111012 he can help u track the phone within days he helped me with mine sometime ago
Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by Spherical77(m): 5:42am On Mar 24, 2022
Yes, I'll definitely consider abortion
Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by Spherical77(m): 5:55am On Mar 24, 2022
Samfloxin:

What an ignorance comments. If you must know, keeping pregnancy and childbirth irrespective of the age is much more deadly and risky compare to abortion
Re: Is abortion on 13years old normal? by FriendsAndFans(m): 10:20am On Mar 24, 2022
Babies aborting babies

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Marriage Is A Scam. He Is Infertile. / Can You Date A Guy 10 Years Younger / Is Abortion Murder?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.