Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,279 members, 7,860,646 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:42 PM

Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. (65938 Views)

Husbands Of Groom And Brides Moms Whos Dressing Got People Talking Spark Reacti / Husband Thanks His Wife For Putting His Name Under Her Father's House (Pix) / Emotional Torture In My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Sterope(f): 6:56am On Dec 24, 2019
Are vaccinations important or not?

CeterisXVII:

Children go through pain when they are given injections, or taking vaccinations. Should we abolish those too, in order not to cause the child any pain?? shocked

1 Like

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by sandland: 6:57am On Dec 24, 2019
The op spoke 200% of my mind.
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by labykago: 7:10am On Dec 24, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

MANY ADULTS ARE IN THE MESS THEY ARE TODAY BECAUSE THEY FOLLOWED AND ARE STILL FOLLOWING THE PATHS THEIR PARENTS CHOSE FOR THEM. HOW DOES THIS EVEN SOUND TO YOU?
PEOPLE WHO HAVE LIVED THEIR OWN LIVES LAY DOWN PLANS FOR YOUR OWN LIFE AND YOU DON'T THINK THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT?

YOU SEE THAT'S WHY SUPERSTITION AND NONSENSICAL BELIEFS LIE VERY DEEP IN THE AFRICAN'S BONE MARROW BECAUSE THEY SIMPLY INHERIT IDEAS AND METHODS FROM THEIR PARENTS WHO INHERITED SAME AGE LONG IDEAS FROM THEIR OWN PARENTS, AND WILL PASS THESE IDEAS AND METHODS TO THEIR OWN CHILDREN. SAME UNFILTERED IDEAS AND BULLSHĮT GOING ROUND FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION... SO ANYONE WHO TRIES TO CHANGE THE WAY THINGS WORK IS REGARDED AS A REBEL..... JUST LIKE THIS THREAD'S STARTER. SHE HAS BECOME A REBEL FOR SAYING AN HONEST TRUTH.

Calling a parent irresponsible for schooling his or her wards in your so called generational bullshit ideas, is your own definition of an honest truth? Enjoy.

5 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Chatbot1234: 7:18am On Dec 24, 2019
You all can always agree to disagree, it doesnt have to end in insults or arguements. Let's be guided smiley
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by CAPSLOCKED: 7:25am On Dec 24, 2019
labykago:

Calling a parent irresponsible for schooling his or her wards in your so called generational bullshit ideas, is your own definition of an honest truth? Enjoy.

DID I EVEN SAY IRRESPONSIBLE?

NAME ONE NATION THAT HASN'T MADE FORMAL EDUCATION A PRIORITY. APART FROM THAT EVERY OTHER PART OF SCHOOLING CAN EITHER BE BENEFICIAL OR NOT TO THE CHILD.

FOR EXAMPLE, IN NIGERIA WE TEACH OUR IGBO KIDS TO AVOID THE IDOMAS AND YORUBAS. WE TEACH THEM TO AVOID CATHOLICS WHO WORSHIP IDOLS. WE TEACH KIDS TO FEAR SPIRITS, WITCHES AND IMAGINARY THINGS. WE TEACH GIRLS THAT THEIR LAST BUS STOP IS MARRIAGE AND IT'S THE ONLY THING THEY WORTH. WE TEACH GIRLS THEIR BRAINS ARE USELESS AS LONG AS THEIR FACES ARE PRETTY. THESE RELATE TO THIS THREAD. WE "SCHOOL" OUR KIDS AND THEY GROW UP WITH THESE NONSENSE IDEAS TO LATER PASS THEM DOWN TO THEIR OFFSPRINGS AND THE CYCLE CONTINUES.
APART FROM THE GLOBALLY RECOMMENDED FORMS OF ENLIGHTENMENT SUCH AS FORMAL EDUCATION, BIOLOGICAL STUDIES, PHYSICS AND EVERY OTHER IMPORTANT STUDIES NECESSARY TO HELP US SURVIVE ON EARTH, EVERYTHING ELSE ARE CREATED FROM PERSONAL IDEAS WHICH MAY BE BENEFICIAL OR NOT FOR THE CHILD.
AND IN THIS CASE, THERE ARE EFFECTS OF PULLING THE CHILDS HAIR WHILE THEY CRY OUT THEIR SOULS, MAKING THEM UP AND BLEACHING THEIR BODIES.... AND THEY'D BE HAPPIER IF WE COULD JUST LEAVE THEM ALONE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 24, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

MANY ADULTS ARE IN THE MESS THEY ARE TODAY BECAUSE THEY FOLLOWED AND ARE STILL FOLLOWING THE PATHS THEIR PARENTS CHOSE FOR THEM. HOW DOES THIS EVEN SOUND TO YOU?
PEOPLE WHO HAVE LIVED THEIR OWN LIVES LAY DOWN PLANS FOR YOUR OWN LIFE AND YOU DON'T THINK THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT?

YOU SEE THAT'S WHY SUPERSTITION AND NONSENSICAL BELIEFS LIE VERY DEEP IN THE AFRICAN'S BONE MARROW BECAUSE THEY SIMPLY INHERIT IDEAS AND METHODS FROM THEIR PARENTS WHO INHERITED SAME AGE LONG IDEAS FROM THEIR OWN PARENTS, AND WILL PASS THESE IDEAS AND METHODS TO THEIR OWN CHILDREN. SAME UNFILTERED IDEAS AND BULLSHĮT GOING ROUND FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION... SO ANYONE WHO TRIES TO CHANGE THE WAY THINGS WORK IS REGARDED AS A REBEL..... JUST LIKE THIS THREAD'S STARTER. SHE HAS BECOME A REBEL FOR SAYING AN HONEST TRUTH.
nice one bro
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Biglittlelois(f): 7:30am On Dec 24, 2019
1Sharon:

That's your business if your afro is blown out. Why did you feel the need to say that?

Why haven't you answered me? Wouldn't it actually be racist if I said blk women look better in weaves?

Cos girls in weaves are a poor imitation and don't suit us. Black women are fooling nobody.

If its afro textured hair, it suits us better.

THIN lips and STRAIGHT noses are not features of black people.

And you however sound like those black ppl that want to incorporate every dark-skinned non- black person in your group so you can steal their features and claim their history cos you are ashamed of black ppl just as they are. Some of you go as far as claiming arabs and indians.

I know your kind

@emboldened makes you an illiterate, education isn't the only thing that makes one an illiterate, for you to think a certain feature can't be found in a certain race, makes you a high end illiterate.

6 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Surrey2Bimshire: 7:37am On Dec 24, 2019
midnighter:

I mentioned "blond" and you said white people use their same colour of hair. That is why I asked you that question.

I have talked about texture already.

You make it sound like we are all out there wearing 40-inch pink wigs and looking ridiculous.

True , you’re right .

For some reason I feel some people prefer to ram black people into a specific box .
As a black woman from a multi cultural family I understand what diversity means , I don’t have to travel far to see different shades, hair types and certain features
I know quite a lot of black people with natural blond 4s and 3s with sun burnt blond hair .
I’m a type 3 and I have exact same color as the below pictures .
No we are not biracial or multiracial,I’m most likely more black african than a lot of people from there .

3 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Biglittlelois(f): 7:43am On Dec 24, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

If you want to deviate by sliding in religion, bounce to religious section, according to Op, mothers who braids kids hair are irresponsible, meaning your mother, if she has daughters, was once irresponsible, there is nothing honest and truthful in what she and other people here said, it is all about choices, no one has to conform with another person's mindset to be proven right, if and when you have daughters, do not braid their hair, it's your choice, it's no ones business.

6 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Surrey2Bimshire: 7:44am On Dec 24, 2019
midnighter:

It's not about arguing that we look better in our natural hair. You are free to think that. And it's true to an extent.

It's about you implying that we don't look good at all in weaves or other styles, when that's simply not true. And you're being deliberately insincere by using extreme language to prove your point.

You keep using words like big lips and big noses which is racist. Not all of us have big noses and lips. You're just trying to be controversial in an effort to sound enlightened.

What about people with narrow noses and thin lips, do they have your permission to wear their weaves now?

If you had said that people should try to be realistic about their facial and bone structure when choosing styles, I would have understood but you're just being vulgar and offensive to prove a point.

I don't need to you to confirm for me whether black women look better in weaves or not. What I'm saying is that you shouldn't be so quick to judge people just because they don't conform to your view.

The systems of oppression that led to this discussion in the first place are well-established and complex. You are wrong to lord it over people just because you have had a different experience.

If you want to put your point across then do it without being arrogant. You are actually scaring people away from the natural hair movement with your attitude.

Hiya , marry me already ! Lol just joking .

To be honest , I try as much as possible to avoid people that are starting to discover their hair . A lot of these people can be overzealous and quick to run anyone that view things differently.
A lot of people take these things overboard .
They should go and slap on some Shea butter and leave other people’s hair alone arg .

5 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Biglittlelois(f): 7:50am On Dec 24, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

DID I EVEN SAY IRRESPONSIBLE?

NAME ONE NATION THAT HASN'T MADE FORMAL EDUCATION A PRIORITY. APART FROM THAT EVERY OTHER PART OF SCHOOLING CAN EITHER BE BENEFICIAL OR NOT TO THE CHILD.

FOR EXAMPLE, IN NIGERIA WE TEACH OUR IGBO KIDS TO AVOID THE IDOMAS AND YORUBAS. WE TEACH THEM TO AVOID CATHOLICS WHO WORSHIP IDOLS. WE TEACH KIDS TO FEAR SPIRITS, WITCHES AND IMAGINARY THINGS. WE TEACH GIRLS THAT THEIR LAST BUS STOP IS MARRIAGE AND IT'S THE ONLY THING THEY WORTH. WE TEACH GIRLS THEIR BRAINS ARE USELESS AS LONG AS THEIR FACES ARE PRETTY. THESE RELATE TO THIS THREAD. WE "SCHOOL" OUR KIDS AND THEY GROW UP WITH THESE NONSENSE IDEAS TO LATER PASS THEM DOWN TO THEIR OFFSPRINGS AND THE CYCLE CONTINUES.
APART FROM THE GLOBALLY RECOMMENDED FORMS OF ENLIGHTENMENT SUCH AS FORMAL EDUCATION, BIOLOGICAL STUDIES, PHYSICS AND EVERY OTHER IMPORTANT STUDIES NECESSARY TO HELP US SURVIVE ON EARTH, EVERYTHING ELSE ARE CREATED FROM PERSONAL IDEAS WHICH MAY BE BENEFICIAL OR NOT FOR THE CHILD.
AND IN THIS CASE, THERE ARE EFFECTS OF PULLING THE CHILDS HAIR WHILE THEY CRY OUT THEIR SOULS, MAKING THEM UP AND BLEACHING THEIR BODIES.... AND THEY'D BE HAPPIER IF WE COULD JUST LEAVE THEM ALONE.

Who are the "WE"? If where you come from or people around you preach about discrimination, that's their business, but generalising it as we in Nigeria is stupidity to say the least, in your mind, whites or other nationalities don't discriminate too? Is it all mothers here that bleach and make up their daughters? Whites don't do that? You reek of inferiority complex, only Nigerians pull kids hair? Does pulling hair make them cry for the rest of their life? Take your ridiculous, assumed wokeness away from here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Surrey2Bimshire: 7:52am On Dec 24, 2019
fieryy:

1) You're so clueless. Seriously, so clueless. For the record, the average white woman does NOT wear extensions.

2) Being dark skinned does not make you African! The aborigines of Australia are dark skinned, some indians are very dark skinned.

The pictures you posted are of Melanesians. Melanesian is a subregion of Oceania. That's somewhere not too far from Australia.

Them being dark skinned doesn't make them Africans! Our genetics are different! They probably have more in come with the Aborigines of Australia than with us!

Africans do not have blonde hair. It's not in our DNA

They migrated from Africa and share quite a lot of DNA with black Africans

3 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by janettee(f): 8:04am On Dec 24, 2019
Surrey2Bimshire:

Show the proof cause as far as I've read and researched, they do not have our DNA.

1 Like

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by hopkinsnoni(m): 8:11am On Dec 24, 2019
doitforyou:
I agree, but this isn’t true for all hair textures. For some hair textures it’s better the kid goes through the ‘pain’ once a week than a daily torture of styling.

Edit: some monikers have an issue with my ‘pain’ in quote. For some hair textures, any hair style including a short haircut will always cause some sort of pain for the child. So, if the kid wants to keep her hair and the mother obliges, cornrows/braids done by a good braider once/twice a week is the best option for the mother and child. The examples in the OP is not true for all hair textures.

Exactly my taughts because we do this with our daughter cus daily combing is even worse sonwe plait weekly or every 2 weeks

3 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 24, 2019
Surrey2Bimshire:

It seems you're a little confused, so let me break it down to you.

1) EVERYONE migrated from Africa, so you're argument makes absolutely no sense

2) The further you are from Africa, the more genetically distant you are.

3) Dark skin is an adaption to sun rays and is therefore not only exclusive to Africans

4) Melanasians are not Africans, but Australoids

5) You know a lot of black (as in African) people with sun burnt blonde hair? Lmaooo. Ok grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by tot(f): 8:24am On Dec 24, 2019
I wonder why some people have taken things so personal yammering on about Black people this, Black people that, making the most stupid generalisations one can think of.

Again I ask, who died and made you judge and self-appointed natural hair warriors?! Rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by midnighter(f): 8:27am On Dec 24, 2019
Surrey2Bimshire:

I know right . I find it funny when people constantly throw black women under the bus over nothing !

Hair extension ,weave ,wigs whatever are beauty enhancement .there are a lot of non black people that wear these hair piece and you don’t see people go bonkers .
My hair is a little over tail bone, there are times I want to to spot short hair ,change my hair colour etc I really don’t have to do much but to slap on some weave or wig it’s just common sense .

I understood where she was coming from because we have a problem with not being proud of our hair in its natural state compared to other races but I was just telling her not to generalize it to everybody, especially people plaiting their kids hair who are just trying to make the style look neat.

Instead of acknowledging that people have their reasons for using attachment that are not necessarily because of "self-hate" she ignored it and began to fixate on the word "blond" smh

Everybody does something to enhance their beauty...sometimes due to self-hate and sometimes not! So you shouldn't go about policing and attacking people without even considering the context of their behaviour.

This is why she ended up being racist instead of enlightened. Not all black people do the same thing for the same reasons. To assume so is racism!

2 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by midnighter(f): 8:38am On Dec 24, 2019
Surrey2Bimshire:

True , you’re right .

For some reason I feel some people prefer to ram black people into a specific box .
As a black woman from a multi cultural family I understand what diversity means , I don’t have to travel far to see different shades, hair types and certain features
I know quite a lot of black people with natural blond 4s and 3s with sun burnt blond hair .
I’m a type 3 and I have exact same color as the below pictures .
No we are not biracial or multiracial,I’m most likely more black african than a lot of people from there .

Is it not what I've been asking her since? If it's impossible for a black person to have those features then what did she see when she came to Nigeria? What does she see in her own family even?

You can see that she has been dodging that question.

Instead of looking down on people why not make an effort to understand their choices and what drove them? It's difficult to be a black woman in this world and different people have been affected by that in different ways, one of the primary ways being our hair.

If you're as woke as you say you are then you should understand how entrenched the hatred for Afro hair is in society and how it has trickled down into our consciousness.

Not arguing about yaki and blond as if people are too stupid to understand why they style their hair the way they want to style it smh

2 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Surrey2Bimshire: 8:41am On Dec 24, 2019
fieryy:

It seems you're a little confused, so let me break it down to you.

1) EVERYONE migrated from Africa, so you're argument makes absolutely no sense

2) The further you are from Africa, the more genetically distant you are.

3) Dark skin is an adaption to sun rays and is therefore not only exclusive to Africans

4) Melanasians are not Africans, but Australoids

5) You know a lot of black (as in African) people with sun burnt blonde hair? Lmaooo. Ok grin

1) yup everyone migrated from Africa

2) yup

3) of some islands are one of the few non-European peoples, and the only dark-skinned group of people outside Australia, known to have blond hair. The blonde trait developed via the TYRP1 gene, which is not the same gene that causes blondness in European blonds.

Being black is not specific to just subsaharan Africa or Africa as a continent .
We are very diverse we come in different shades from blue black to beige .
4) see above answer .
5) yup I KNOW a lot of black people with blond hair (I have them in my family !)
Smh I’m blonde and black !

5 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 24, 2019
Surrey2Bimshire:

1) yup everyone migrated from Africa

2) yup

3) of some islands are one of the few non-European peoples, and the only dark-skinned group of people outside Australia, known to have blond hair. The blonde trait developed via the TYRP1 gene, which is not the same gene that causes blondness in European blonds.

Being black is not specific to just subsaharan Africa or Africa as a continent .
We are very diverse we come in different shades from blue black to beige .
4) see above answer .
5) yup I KNOW a lot of black people with blond hair (I have them in my family !)
Smh I’m blonde and black !

3) I never claimed it was the same gene. I'm very much aware it isn't.
However, that doesn't make it a gene found in Africans, so what's your point?

Why are you telling me about diversity. Didn't you read the first and second post you quoted. I made it very clear that darkskin isn't exclusive to Africans, so why repeating what I said

4) Like I said 'ok' grin.

1 Like

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Surrey2Bimshire: 8:47am On Dec 24, 2019
midnighter:

Is it not what I've been asking her since? If it's impossible for a black person to have those features then what did she see when she came to Nigeria? What does she see in her own family even?

You can see that she has been dodging that question.

Instead of looking down on people why not make an effort to understand their choices and what drove them? It's difficult to be a black woman in this world and different people have been affected by that in different ways, one of the primary ways being our hair.

If you're as woke as you say you are then you should understand how entrenched the hatred for Afro hair is in society and how it has trickled down into our consciousness.

Not arguing about yaki and blond as if people are too stupid to understand why they style their hair the way they want to style it smh

I totally agree with you .
We have a lot of work to do sigh...

1 Like

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by midnighter(f): 8:48am On Dec 24, 2019
Surrey2Bimshire:

Hiya , marry me already ! Lol just joking .

To be honest , I try as much as possible to avoid people that are starting to discover their hair . A lot of these people can be overzealous and quick to run anyone that view things differently.
A lot of people take these things overboard .
They should go and slap on some Shea butter and leave other people’s hair alone arg .

Hahaha No be small Shea butter o undecided

The thing is that the extremism ends up going full circle until you sound just as racist as the people you're fighting against.

Look at some of the language and sweeping generalisations she's using to describe people. And when you probe her on it now she starts dodging your questions and insulting you because she knows that there's no basis for what's she's saying at all.

Just like a typical racist!

I asked her what kind of facial features she saw in Nigeria on her last visit and she can't answer that simple question yet she's still arguing that black people always look a particular way. Does it make sense to you at all

Delusion smh

1 Like

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Surrey2Bimshire: 8:49am On Dec 24, 2019
fieryy:

3) I never claimed it was the same gene. I'm very much aware it isn't.
However, that doesn't make it a gene found in Africans, so what's your point?

Why are you telling me about diversity. Didn't you read the first and second post you quoted. I made it very clear that darkskin isn't exclusive to Africans, so why repeating what I said

4) Like I said 'ok' grin.

You need to unlearn and relearn .

Cheers �

4 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by ctleurocollege: 8:50am On Dec 24, 2019
computergeek:
Why do we have to teach little girls to go through unbearable pain for so-called beauty even when they are only a few months old?

I get so upset each time I see a little girl crying for hours unending at the salon while they pull, poke and prod her hair. The moms would actually be the ones holding the girls down while the hairdressers harden their hearts to the children's tears. I always wonder, what exactly are you trying to achieve by putting your child through so much pain just to have her sporting a few awkward-looking weaves? Since she's not old enough to decide that this is what she wants, she shouldn't be stressed and hurt just to look pretty. Are they looking for suitors? Do they have to start so early to stress to impress?

With her natural hair, well-oiled, combed and packed nicely into buns or tails, she'll still be the beautiful princess you gave birth to. I really hate children being put through any sort of skin pain. When my son was a baby, he was fussy about getting his hair cut, so much that we used to wait till he was deeply asleep before clipping his hair. Sometimes we'd only manage to go halfway, but we'll leave it like that until he sleeps again.

How do fathers permit this? When we were growing up, my dad would personally insist on the hairdresser coming to our place to braid so he could sternly warn her to go easy on our heads. When he saw that we still cried regardless, he had them cut off all our hair grin. We hated it then, but at least the gut-wrenching crying stopped.

Some little girls would be sick for days from the tight, skin-breaking braids their mothers would allow someone to put on their heads.

I remember a day I was getting a manicure at the salon, a little girl whose mom had dropped her off was getting hair done at the corner. She cried so much that after a while, there were no tears left to shed. Her irresponsible mother came back after a while and said, "Obego nke izizi?" As in, "Has she cried the first round?"

Just imagine.

Mothers please, this festive period, if your daughter hasn't been tortured yet, kindly look for something that won't cause her any pain and have them style her hair with it (shown in the second photo). She's beautiful however she looks. You're not in a competition with anybody to have the finest child. That's how they'll grow up to believe that they can never be beautiful without weaves and braids.

You women are a mystery. If you born female child you will be the first to disturb your husband for money to braid her hair so that she will lookt more beautiful than your friend's children but now you're criticizing your colleagues.

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 24, 2019
Surrey2Bimshire:

You need to unlearn and relearn .

Cheers �

You and your family must be very special, lmaoooooooo.

I can't grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by midnighter(f): 8:51am On Dec 24, 2019
Surrey2Bimshire:

I totally agree with you .
We have a lot of work to do sigh...

Lol yes o! Imagine a black person being racist back to you on top all that we're suffering already smh

Even Malcolm X and Martin Luther King fundamentally disagreed with each other yet still had a good relationship.

But apparently everybody who doesn't slavishly follow her own opinion must be "ignorant" smh

2 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Surrey2Bimshire: 9:02am On Dec 24, 2019
midnighter:

The thing is that the extremism ends up going full circle until you sound just as racist as the people you're fighting against.

Look at some of the language and sweeping generalisations she's using to describe people. And when you probe her on it now she starts dodging your questions and insulting you because she knows that there's no basis for what's she's saying at all.

I asked her what kind of facial features she saw in Nigeria on her last visit and she can't answer that simple question yet she's still arguing that black people always look a particular way. Does it make sense to you at all

Delusion smh

To be honest I’m a little disappointed reading her comments.
Yeah she’s constantly being Disrespectful and aggressive sounds like the typical “overzealous I know it all ,it’s either my way or no way movement “
A lot of these lots claim to be part of the natural hair movement and would scream blue murder if you point out their BS.
Some of them will go as far as calling you a “Hair Hat”and when you point out to them you’ve been natural all your live they’d quickly crawl back to their cave !
The flat nose and full lip part got me confuse lol I had to fix my glasses to be sure I wasn’t reading it differently. Smh !
I’ve got long arse straight nose lol(I don’t like my nose ) with full arse lips and I’m blacker than Wesley snipes grin
I could easily pass for any Adeola, Hamida ,Adaora,Afia,Abena,Shyma,Or chandni lol

1 Like

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 24, 2019
midnighter:

Delusion smh

I noticed this trend too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Surrey2Bimshire: 9:16am On Dec 24, 2019
fieryy:

You and your family must be very special, lmaoooooooo.

I can't grin

Nop , we are pretty much like any multi cultural family .

We are diverse and I LOVE IT

3 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by midnighter(f): 9:17am On Dec 24, 2019
Surrey2Bimshire:

To be honest I’m a little disappointed reading her comments.
Yeah she’s constantly being Disrespectful and aggressive sounds like the typical “overzealous I know it all ,it’s either my way or no way movement “
A lot of these lots claim to be part of the natural hair movement and would scream blue murder if you point out their BS.
Some of them will go as far as calling you a “Hair Hat”and when you point out to them you’ve been natural all your live they’d quickly crawl back to their cave !
The flat nose and full lip part got me confuse lol I had to fix my glasses to be sure I wasn’t reading it differently. Smh !
I’ve got long arse straight nose lol(I don’t like my nose ) with full arse lips and I’m blacker than Wesley snipes grin
I could easily pass for any Adeola, Hamida ,Adaora,Afia,Abena,Shyma,Or chandni lol

Yes! That's what I can't understand. Even just walking down the street you can find people with long noses and thin lips so I don't see the point she was making.

If she had said that people sometimes value those features more than the flat nose/big lips that are more common, which can lead to discrimination, I would see her point. Because its true.

But she's arguing like some report from some colonial governor from pre-independence..."it's absolutely impossible for the typical Negro male specie to possess a nose that raises to a point..."

Crazy!

2 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 24, 2019
Surrey2Bimshire:

Nop , we are pretty much like any multi cultural family .

We are diverse and I LOVE IT

Therefore the reason for your blonde hair. Africans do not have the gene and hell you should love it. That hadn't been my point

1 Like

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Surrey2Bimshire: 9:21am On Dec 24, 2019
fieryy:

Therefore the reason for your blonde hair. Africans do not have the gene and hell you should love it. That hadn't been my point

You do realize Africa is a continent right ?

There are 54 countries over there , just saying .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Osun: Wife Damages Husband’s Genitals Over Infidelity / The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo) / My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.