Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,484 members, 7,840,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. (65678 Views)

Husbands Of Groom And Brides Moms Whos Dressing Got People Talking Spark Reacti / Husband Thanks His Wife For Putting His Name Under Her Father's House (Pix) / Emotional Torture In My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by 1Sharon(f): 1:12am On Dec 24, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Okay, all those black British people and their African-American counterparts with British names, are....what? I don't even understand her argument regarding that bit. Should they now change their names, or deny their heritage? Do their English names, make them less Black or less African-American or....what?

As for thin lips and noses, she should visit Eritrea, Ethiopia and North Sudan, as well as Northern Chad. She will see many people with such features. I have even met Kanuris with such features, too.

THEY.ARE.MIXED. Do those folks look like the average blk person to you?
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by 1Sharon(f): 1:14am On Dec 24, 2019
CeterisXVII:

No ma'am. YOU are the liar, here. You are trying to use your own standard, to judge everyone else's response. Have you lived in different parts of Western Europe? So why do you keep generalising??

Don't mind her, jaré. angry Look at the way she is arguing about the hairstyles of white women, as if she has conducted a survey on every community in Western Europe and America, in order to reach her conclusion....

Have you been all over Europe?
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by CeterisXVII: 1:15am On Dec 24, 2019
1Sharon:

THEY.ARE.MIXED. Do those folks look like the average blk person to you?

Eritreans, Ethiopians, Kanuris are mixed? With what? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by 1Sharon(f): 1:16am On Dec 24, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Eritreans, Ethiopians, Kanuris are mixed? With what? shocked

Oh you didn't know?
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by CeterisXVII: 1:17am On Dec 24, 2019
1Sharon:
Have you been all over Europe?
What a strange question...you are the one holding yourself forth, as an expert on the hairstyles of white women, by emphatically stating that they don't wear hair extensions.

So did you conduct a survey all over Western European communities and American cities, before you arrived at your conclusion??

2 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by CeterisXVII: 1:18am On Dec 24, 2019
1Sharon:
Oh you didn't know?
Mixed with what? Answer the question, clearly and stop beating around the bush!

2 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by midnighter(f): 1:19am On Dec 24, 2019
1Sharon:
The silly girl doesn't even understand sarcasm

So answer the question seriously, if youre not even sillier than you think I am.

2 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by midnighter(f): 1:20am On Dec 24, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Okay, all those black British people and their African-American counterparts with British names, are....what? I don't even understand her argument regarding that bit. Should they now change their names, or deny their heritage? Do their English names, make them less Black or less African-American or....what?

As for thin lips and noses, she should visit Eritrea, Ethiopia and North Sudan, as well as Northern Chad. She will see many people with such features. I have even met Kanuris with such features, too.

I was talking about Nigerians who have English names. Youd have to ask her about all that. My point was just that being influenced by colonialism doesnt necessarily make somebody ignorant because its already part of our culture. So its silly to call people names on that basis.

According to her those people are discounted already because they are "mixed". Im not even talking about them because you can find people all over Nigeria who fit that description

3 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by 1Sharon(f): 1:22am On Dec 24, 2019
CeterisXVII:

What a strange question...you are the one holding yourself forth, as an expert on the hairstyles of white women, by emphatically stating that they don't wear hair extensions.

So did you conduct a survey all over Western European communities and American cities, before you arrived at your conclusion??

No silly, they don't wear hair extensions like black women. Deal with it.
Never said they didn't
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by CeterisXVII: 1:24am On Dec 24, 2019
1Sharon:

No silly, they don't wear hair extensions like black women. Deal with it.
And we should take your word for it silly, because you conducted a survey in all Western European cities and American cities, to confirm this, right? You did that before you arrived at your conclusion, not so?

1 Like

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by midnighter(f): 1:25am On Dec 24, 2019
1Sharon:

That's your business if your afro is blown out. Why did you feel the need to say that?

Why haven't you answered me? Wouldn't it actually be racist if I said blk women look better in weaves?

Cos girls in weaves are a poor imitation and don't suit us. Black women are fooling nobody.

If its afro textured hair, it suits us better.

THIN lips and STRAIGHT noses are not features of black people.

And you however sound like those black ppl that want to incorporate every dark-skinned non- black person in your group so you can steal their features and claim their history cos you are ashamed of black ppl just as they are. Some of you go as far as claiming arabs and indians.

I know your kind

The silly girl doesnt even understand irony.

I ask again, if youve already explained it then why are you repeating it?

Im not claiming anybody. Have you noticed that I havent mentioned any group? Yet you quickly jumped to Somalis and Fulanis when you know that there are other people from all tribes who fit that description. I told you that you are crafty.

I asked you if every single person you saw when you visited Nigeria fit your description of round noses and thick lips.

I know your kind . An insensitive and inconsiderate "natural hair warrior". I even mentioned your "kind" right at the beginning of the thread because you people are not new.

3 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by 1Sharon(f): 1:33am On Dec 24, 2019
midnighter:

The silly girl doesnt even understand irony.

I ask again, if youve already explained it then why are you repeating it?

Im not claiming anybody. Have you noticed that I havent mentioned any group? Yet you quickly jumped to Somalis and Fulanis when you know that there are other people from all tribes who fit that description. I told you that you are crafty.

I asked you if every single person you saw when you visited Nigeria fit your description of round noses and thick lips.

I know your kind . An insensitive and inconsiderate "natural hair warrior". I even mentioned your "kind" right at the beginning of the thread because you people are not new.

Post pics of the ppl you're talking about? It better not be shuwa arabs either grin

Lool...I'll rather be an insensitive warrior than be ashamed of my features and say pointing out black features is racist. Cheers mate.

Neither are your kind new either. I'm sure you're all about the 'hotep hotep" and claim Nigerians came from ancient Egypt or israel
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by 1Sharon(f): 1:36am On Dec 24, 2019
CeterisXVII:

And we should take your word for it silly, because you conducted a survey in all Western European cities and American cities, to confirm this, right? You did that before you arrived at your conclusion, not so?

I should ask you the same, where's your survery?
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by midnighter(f): 1:40am On Dec 24, 2019
1Sharon:

Post pics of the ppl you're talking about? It better not be shuwa arabs either grin

Lool...I'll rather be an insensitive warrior than be ashamed of my features and say pointing out black features is racist. Cheers mate.

Neither are your kind new either. I'm sure you're all about the 'hotep hotep" and claim Nigerians came from ancient Egypt or israel

Did every single person you saw during your visit have a flat nose and thick lips?

2 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by 1Sharon(f): 2:17am On Dec 24, 2019
midnighter:

Did every single person you saw during your visit have a flat nose and thick lips?

Where are your pics?

You said blk ppl with THIN lips and STRAIGHT noses. I'm curious to see who these kind of people are.
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by midnighter(f): 2:43am On Dec 24, 2019
1Sharon:

Where are your pics?

You said blk ppl with THIN lips and STRAIGHT noses. I'm curious to see who these kind of people are.

So anybody who is reading this can see that I've asked you up to 3 times whether you saw what you claim is true for all black people when you visited Nigeria, which you've refused to answer because you know that you're a total liar!

Ezi ekeresimesi undecided Maybe on Wednesday you'll begin to ask us what type of nose Jesus has smh

2 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by 1Sharon(f): 3:01am On Dec 24, 2019
midnighter:

So anybody who is reading this can see that I've asked you up to 3 times whether you saw what you claim is true for all black people when you visited Nigeria, which you've refused to answer because you know that you're a total liar!

Ezi ekeresimesi undecided Maybe on Wednesday you'll begin to ask us what type of nose Jesus has smh

Which black person has thin lips and straight noses? Maybe you're the liar cos you that isnt true.

Where are your pics ?
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by 1Sharon(f): 3:02am On Dec 24, 2019
midnighter:

Where are your pics?

I don't care about Jesus
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by midnighter(f): 3:12am On Dec 24, 2019
1Sharon:

Where are your pics?

I don't care about Jesus

Lol! You'd better start caring because you need His forgiveness for your lies smh!

Unfortunate people everywhere. I hope you don't disturb those UK people too much sha, we don't really want to see you here until you receive small sense undecided better remain there until then

I'm sure you will be all right in the end!

2 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by NoToPile: 3:42am On Dec 24, 2019
Simple conrows shouldn't hurt children, adding extensions and sitting for hours to make fancy adult styles is what causes pain for the girls most times.
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by ebullient19(f): 4:00am On Dec 24, 2019
Please don't spoil business for stylist.
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Ladycewhy(f): 4:34am On Dec 24, 2019
CeterisXVII:

In fact, I was laughing as I was looking at those pictures....and thinking to myself, "is she for real?"

With the sun, heat and stress in Lagos, you want to be doing hair buns, for active little girls, who know how to play rough play, anyhow they like. Breeze too go follow join, scatter di hair.

Abeg, help me tell dem!! cheesy Na real war zone the whole head go resemble....
lol. Even with braids i have seen some kids ,you will think they were fighting with the hair when playing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by 1Sharon(f): 5:15am On Dec 24, 2019
midnighter:

Lol! You'd better start caring because you need His forgiveness for your lies smh!

Unfortunate people everywhere. I hope you don't disturb those UK people too much sha, we don't really want to see you here until you receive small sense undecided better remain there until then

I'm sure you will be all right in the end!

Can we start from the beginning?

Are you getting so upset because I said black ppl have big noses and lips? Why does this offend you?
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by allcomage: 5:20am On Dec 24, 2019
doitforyou:

That is YOUR hair! Are you going to tell me that ALL hair textures for a child is easy breezy to style every morning before school?
This your styling is getting out of hand. Can't they have low cut and face their studies until they are matured
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by kaziblake(f): 5:31am On Dec 24, 2019
CsRockefeller:

Happy Birthday Dear, wishing many more years.

It's been a while, hope you good?
Thank you so much.

Yes I am fine and you?
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Surrey2Bimshire: 5:36am On Dec 24, 2019
eyinjuege:

Thanks sis. Infact, we no do Christmas hair as they've refused to even loosen their hair. I no mind, as everybody go sidon for house on Christmas day in our PJs. But we go resume school again by new year, and that hair has to be made o, by fire by force cheesy

Ahaha so hilarious.
Sorry for replying late , I was really knackered yesterday.
Merry Christmas And happy holiday

1 Like

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Surrey2Bimshire: 5:46am On Dec 24, 2019
midnighter:

It's not self-hate at all. What about white women who go and get blond extensions sewn into their scalp to make it appear thicker

What about those who use kinky or yakki extensions that mimic their natural hair texture?

If you keep arguing like that you will eventually reach the conclusion that basically all body modifications mean that you "hate yourself".

Adding attachments helps to keep the hair neat for longer which is less stress on the child since they won't need to keep making it every week.

I know right . I find it funny when people constantly throw black women under the bus over nothing !

Hair extension ,weave ,wigs whatever are beauty enhancement .there are a lot of non black people that wear these hair piece and you don’t see people go bonkers .
My hair is a little over tail bone, there are times I want to to spot short hair ,change my hair colour etc I really don’t have to do much but to slap on some weave or wig it’s just common sense .

3 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Nobody: 5:49am On Dec 24, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Madam, keep quiet please! Which damp hair? After many folks have been telling everyone clearly, that black hair comes in different textures, you are still lumping everyone's hair into the same category.

Even when black hair is damp, if your hair is the coarse, tight, curly kinky type, it would still cause you pain, when you comb it. And that has been the story with many people.

Some don't have problems combing damp hair, but others do! Accept the fact that everyone' is different....haba!!

I don't want to continue this argument this morning, but it is obvious you are ignorant. Yes, black hair comes in different TEXTURE. Textures is how your hair FEELS like, not its ability to retain moisture.

What you are talking about is porosity and there are only 3 types of porosity, low, medium and high.

Take care and moisturise your hair according to your hair porosity and watch your hair change, instead of wallowing in your ignorance abeg.

Texture ko, texi ni. What does that have to do with retaining moisture?
Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by labykago: 6:14am On Dec 24, 2019
Well, I blame you not. It's clear you've no kids of your own and should you have in the future, a piece of advice for you, instill the right sense of choice in them and not having them feel the world is a happy go lucky place as you are wont to believe. How can you call a mother who has chosen a path for her kid "irresponsible"?

2 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by CAPSLOCKED: 6:43am On Dec 24, 2019
sassysure:

U will not win this case o.
It's ingrained in our mentality.

My husband has long natural hair and I weave it for him.

The other day, I was hailing the current miss world ABI miss universe from South Africa. She locks short natural hair.
We so much hate our hair, we fix Brazilian. Imagine a black babe with flat nose fixing Brazilian.
We are never satisfied with what we have. Our hair is very beautiful and unique.

I have seen it all. We can do one and million things with that.

This is our TY Bello.
Can u believe this is all natural?
Isn't this beautiful?

I WONDER HOW MOST PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD CAN'T SEE A TRUTH WITH WHAT 1SHARON & JANETTEE HAS BEEN SAYING. IMAGINE A BUNCH OF PEOPLE DEFENDING THEIR IGNORANCE WITH ALL THEIR MIGHT.
A BOY THAT MENTALITY, IT CAN BE FIXED. IF WE CAN HAVE MORE 1SHARONS PREACHING LIKE SHE'S BEEN DOING FOR MANY YEARS NOW I THINK SOMETHING POSITIVE MAY HAPPEN.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by Surrey2Bimshire: 6:47am On Dec 24, 2019
1Sharon:

I really don't want to go into this. But...

The average white woman doesn't wear fake hair, but the average black woman does.

If I leave my house right now, I'm guaranteed to bump into black women with wigs but I know the white woman will all be natural.

Secondly, its natural for whites to have blonde hair but not for black ppl. That's their problem.

How many blk women wear yaki? Not enough sis.

Are you in the hair industry? Do you have client diversity?
Over here , a lot of white women wear extensions and wigs .its nothing at all
It’s not a race thing it’s just beauty enhancement.

4 Likes

Re: Moms! Quit Putting Little Girls Through Torture In The Name Of Braiding Hair. by CAPSLOCKED: 6:51am On Dec 24, 2019
labykago:
Well, I blame you not. It's clear you've no kids of your own and should you have in the future, a piece of advice for you, instill the right sense of choice in them and not having them feel the world is a happy go lucky place as you are wont to believe. How can you call a mother who has chosen a path for her kid "irresponsible"?

MANY ADULTS ARE IN THE MESS THEY ARE TODAY BECAUSE THEY FOLLOWED AND ARE STILL FOLLOWING THE PATHS THEIR PARENTS CHOSE FOR THEM. HOW DOES THIS EVEN SOUND TO YOU?
PEOPLE WHO HAVE LIVED THEIR OWN LIVES LAY DOWN PLANS FOR YOUR OWN LIFE AND YOU DON'T THINK THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT?

YOU SEE THAT'S WHY SUPERSTITION AND NONSENSICAL BELIEFS LIE VERY DEEP IN THE AFRICAN'S BONE MARROW BECAUSE THEY SIMPLY INHERIT IDEAS AND METHODS FROM THEIR PARENTS WHO INHERITED SAME AGE LONG IDEAS FROM THEIR OWN PARENTS, AND WILL PASS THESE IDEAS AND METHODS TO THEIR OWN CHILDREN. SAME UNFILTERED IDEAS AND BULLSHĮT GOING ROUND FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION... SO ANYONE WHO TRIES TO CHANGE THE WAY THINGS WORK IS REGARDED AS A REBEL..... JUST LIKE THIS THREAD'S STARTER. SHE HAS BECOME A REBEL FOR SAYING AN HONEST TRUTH.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

The Cousin My Mum Brought To My House Has Destroyed My Son / Marrying A Masturbator! / Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.