Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 (24151 Views)

Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation / Rising Food Prices, Serial Naira Devaluation Compound Nigerians’ Woes / Naira Set To Hit N500 At Parallel Market After CBN Devaluation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by seguno2: 6:34am On Dec 24, 2019
GamalNasser:
Which subsidy?

I too dey wonder o.
Subsidy that Buhari removed when he increased fuel price to N145 from N87. What subsidy are they removing again please?

1 Like

Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by GamalNasser: 6:37am On Dec 24, 2019
seguno2:

I too dey wonder o.
Subsidy that Buhari removed when he increased fuel price to N145 from N87. What subsidy are they removing again please?

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by oluwaahmed: 7:19am On Dec 24, 2019
So govt is gona devalue the naira, remove subsidy & increase VAT? Fûcking out of this country na been sure pass.
Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by Kubernetes: 7:26am On Dec 24, 2019
mrchineke:

Theoretical textbook nonsense! Is Nigeria a manufacturing country with loyal foreign customers?

I export agro products like soya beans,dry fish,gari,garlic,sobo,beneseed etc.

1 Like

Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 24, 2019
Vortex369:

Do I have to remind you that Niger are Fulani?
Ha ha

A word is for the wise
you said the shape of the earth is like a watermelon,now I want to ask:those astronauts who go to space,they must've seen the real shape of the earth; does it mean they're all lying?pls anwser
Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by mrvitalis(m): 9:34am On Dec 24, 2019
Bighead9:

Continue your chest beating online. You are still a 3rd class Citizens in this Country. If all the richest Igbos will worship us, then who are you?

We own you.
Quote me anywhere. grin grin
Don't tell me you are now Jesus ?
Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by Bighead9: 9:38am On Dec 24, 2019
mrvitalis:

Don't tell me you are now Jesus ?

E pain am well. grin grin grin grin

Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by mrvitalis(m): 9:41am On Dec 24, 2019
Bighead9:

E pain am well. grin grin grin grin
Lol how e use pain me ...first only a dumb fool won't know they are praying
Second no one in Igbo land give two Bleep about this ones
Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by badman007(m): 10:01am On Dec 24, 2019
itsme01:

ajaokuta isnt a fools mission but the only game changer fustrated by the west, but be rest assured with russia firing thing up we a good to go,

Buhari built the 3 refinery but babangida abacha and pdp couldnt do a simple turn around maintainace cos of stupid corrup mentality now its is being done so expect it fully running soon

Its not being done. Tbe Fedral government has let us down. They have sold us into the hands of Dangote. Stupid country paying subsidy to import oil we already have.

What a shame
Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 24, 2019
Billyonaire369:
you said the shape of the earth is like a watermelon,now I want to ask:those astronauts who go to space,they must've seen the real shape of the earth; does it mean they're all lying?pls anwser

Universe is shaped as torroidal field with Earth's flat plane the shape of half of an apple but with layers like onions. Where we are is the 3rd layer. Nucleus is Polaris, second layer is Aryan, third layer is Atlantis (where we are) 4th layer is Lemuria (where Reptilians are) 5th layer is hyperborea etc etc.

We are on a flat plane with magnetic curvature making if look ljke shape of apple. The magnetic field makes it look round but we are on a flat surface wirh thr sun and moon rotating above the torroidal shaped universe is also in motion relative to the galaxy. So we are surrounded by magneto electric field called sound current. It is the sound the generates the light and life.

Its an amazing hologram
Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by Legendguru: 7:15pm On Dec 24, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by Zooposki(f): 7:56pm On Dec 24, 2019
Vortex369:

Universe is shaped as torroidal field with Earth's flat plane the shape of half of an apple but with layers like onions. Where we are is the 3rd layer. Nucleus is Polaris, second layer is Aryan, third layer is Atlantis (where we are) 4th layer is Lemuria (where Reptilians are) 5th layer is hyperborea etc etc.

We are on a flat plane with magnetic curvature making if look ljke shape of apple. The magnetic field makes it look round but we are on a flat surface wirh thr sun and moon rotating above the torroidal shaped universe is also in motion relative to the galaxy. So we are surrounded by magneto electric field called sound current. It is the sound the generates the light and life.

Its an amazing hologram

I see you have been listening to that black guy on YouTube. I agree the Earth is flat, but not his theories. Don’t be deceived. With his so called theory, the Aryan race are superior and will rule us forever.
Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Dec 24, 2019
Vortex369:

Its an amazing hologram
answer my other question sir,thank you
Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 24, 2019
Zooposki:

I see you have been listening to that black guy on YouTube. I agree the Earth is flat, but not his theories. Don’t be deceived. With his so called theory, the Aryan race are superior and will rule us forever.

It has always been survival of the fittest. Its a Free Will Univeese and no one out tbere will save you. You are sovereign. Spiritually we are equals.
Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by mrchineke: 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2019
:
Kubernetes:

Are clearly don't understand anything!
Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by Kubernetes: 11:42pm On Dec 24, 2019
mrchineke:
:

Are clearly don't understand anything!

You seem lost in comprehension.
Don't even know what you are writing.
Go and read and learn about how fx is being generated by the citizens.
Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by mrchineke: 12:36pm On Dec 25, 2019
Kubernetes:

Most economic theories fall into 2 separate categories, 1) practical application 2) theoretical application depending on a country and the political and financial influence of that country.

The rubbish you quoted is theory as far as Nigeria is concerned.

You are exporting agricultural produce in bags weighed in kilos, yet the economic policy (devaluation) you quoted require exportation in millions of metric tonnes with access to major international markets in Europe, North America, China, Asia, middle East.

It's you are importing agricultural produce in bags and kilos, yet you are here yearning dust!

You no Sabi anything
Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by Kubernetes: 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2019
mrchineke:

Most economic theories fall into 2 separate categories, 1) practical application 2) theoretical application depending on a country and the political and financial influence of that country.

The rubbish you quoted is theory as far as Nigeria is concerned.

You are exporting agricultural produce in bags weighed in kilos, yet the economic policy (devaluation) you quoted require exportation in millions of metric tonnes with access to major international markets in Europe, North America, China, Asia, middle East.

It's you are importing agricultural produce in bags and kilos, yet you are here yearning dust!

You no Sabi anything

Millions like me do same thing which is exportation.At the end of the year,customs office track and cummulate the total weight in tonnes and also CBN gives the total figures from the inflows sent to us the exporters.
If 1000 of us export one tonne of maize yearly in the whole country in 2019,it simply means 1000 tonnes has been exported.If the import receipts from these import is $200,000,it simply means the economy has gained such fx and this will reduce the pressure on the naira thereby making it strong.So imagine if we are 300,000 Nigerians doing the exportation.The weight will definitely be in metric tonnes.
Hope this has enlighten u.
Thanks
Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by mrchineke: 1:53pm On Dec 25, 2019
Kubernetes:

Millions like me do same thing which is exportation.At the end of the year,customs office track and cummulate the total weight in tonnes and also CBN gives the total figures from the inflows sent to us the exporters.
If 1000 of us export one tonne of maize yearly in the whole country in 2019,it simply means 1000 tonnes has been exported.If the import receipts from these import is $200,000,it simply means the economy has gained such fx and this will reduce the pressure on the naira thereby making it strong.So imagine if we are 300,000 Nigerians doing the exportation.The weight will definitely be in metric tonnes.
Hope this has enlighten u.
Thanks

Bro I am not trying to insult or abuse you. Let's learn from each other.

I fully understand everything you are saying up there BUT you must admit there are too many IFs.

Right now (in aggregate) are 300,000 or even 3,000 Nigerians exporting 500 kilos of agricultural produce per week to the international markets?

If you say yes, please name the market and name the major players in that market (?) Are there any binding verifiable supply contracts between our producers and the international buyers? And where are the trade agreements between Nigeria and those countries we are supposedly supplying our agricultural produce?

The economic policy devaluation you quoted does not apply to Nigeria. If we adopt it we would only impoverish our people further.
Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by Kubernetes: 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2019
mrchineke:

Bro I am not trying to insult or abuse you. Let's learn from each other.

I fully understand everything you are saying up there BUT you must admit there are too many IFs.

Right now (in aggregate) are 300,000 or even 3,000 Nigerians exporting 500 kilos of agricultural produce per week to the international markets?

If you say yes, please name the market and name the major players in that market (?) Are there any binding verifiable supply contracts between our producers and the international buyers? And where are the trade agreements between Nigeria and those countries we are supposedly supplying our agricultural produce?

The economic policy devaluation you quoted does not apply to Nigeria. If we adopt it we would only impoverish our people further.

Ok thanks for information.
So what do u think was the reason why the fed govt may wanna devalue the naira?
Re: Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Among Biggest Predictions For Nigeria In 2020 by Tneye(f): 8:50am On Dec 26, 2019
Kubernetes:

Well done Sir, I love this. How's market for it? I will like to learn more from you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amaechi Loses As Court Declares Igo Aguma From Rival Faction Rivers APC Chairman / Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola / APC Presidential Team Wishes Nigerians A Merry Christmas (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.