Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters (17677 Views)

We Are Still Negotiating For Chibok Girls, Sharibu, Others’ Release – Presidency / Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) / Leah Sharibu's Results In Her Report Card (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by ijustdey: 8:25am On Dec 24, 2019
The Defence Headquarters says Leah Sharibu and some aid workers kidnapped by the Boko Haram terrorists in the northeast have not be rescued as troops are cautious not to put the captives’ lives in danger.

Acting Director Defence Information, Brigadier-General Onyema Nwachukwu, said this in Abuja yesterday while addressing journalists on the Defence Headquarters Coordinated Joint Operations.

Sharibu was among the over 100 students kidnapped by the terrorists at the Government Girls’ Science and Technical College Dapchi,Yobe State, on February 19, 2018. Others were released.

Nwachukwu said: “Troops of operation Lafiya Dole troops have been treading cautiously because these people are all in the hands of the terrorists and any reckless move may result in their annihilation by the terrorists just to ward off the troops, it is a very complex and risky operation but the troops are working day and night to ensure that they are rescued”.

He said the terrorists only used the abductions to raise funds to support their illicit activities. He said that the troops would not relent until they rescued the captives.

He countered a recent statement credited to Borno State Governor Babagana Zulum that the insurgents were in control of some parts of the state. Nwachukwu said:”The terrorists have been defeated and pushed to the Tumbus where they hibernate and come out to attack soft targets.

“Boko Haram is not holding any part of our country. Boko Haram and ISWAP have been decimated and defeated. They’ve been pushed to the Tumbus, that is, the island between Nigeria and neighbouring countries of Chad, Niger and Cameroon where they have an enclave, where they hibernate, come out, watch out for soft targets and coordinate attacks.”

He said over the past three months, the troops deployed for operation in Hadarin Daji in Zamfara State and its environs had neutralised several bandits in fierce combats and arrested 389 others.

He said 1048 kidnapped victims were rescued and 48 suspected kidnappers arrested; while 170 assorted fire arms were recovered. He six soldiers, one air craftsman and three policemen lost their lives during the operations.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-weve-not-rescued-leah-sharibu-others-defence.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 24, 2019
“Boko Haram is not holding any part of our country. Boko Haram and ISWAP have been decimated and defeated.

Just imagine how they're playing with the lives of innocent Nigerians by dishing out silly and ridiculous information on the "imaginary" defeat of Boko Haram.

If not for the gross hypocrisy, hatred and incompetence of Baba lifeless, the resilient Leah Sharibu would have reunited with her family and enjoy the festive period with them.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Tocheagle(m): 8:33am On Dec 24, 2019
Story Story Stooooory , Once upon a lie lieee lieeee

34 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Racoon(m): 8:48am On Dec 24, 2019
Shameless liars!!!! A Nigerian military that has not rescued itself from the clutches of the same BH it has technically defeated? Abeg make we hear word.As for Leah Shariabu, be encouraged in the God you've ever believed in wherever you are little sis.

27 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by deboysben(m): 9:08am On Dec 24, 2019
He countered a recent statement credited to Borno State Governor Babagana Zulum that the insurgents were in control of some parts of the state. Nwachukwu said:”The terrorists have been defeated and pushed to the Tumbus where they hibernate and come out to attack soft targets.

So the governor who is the chief security officer in the state is lying that no part of the state is being controlled by bokoharam.

After lie Mohammed Na Nigeria Army.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Daniel058(m): 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2019
Wayo government

mugayen gwamnatin Fulani

Kai
maƙaryata!!! cry

1 Like

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Dandsome: 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2019
Shebhas not been rescued because she's a Christian. Simple

5 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Nthrone(m): 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2019
Go n sleep, fucktards , civilian bullies and beaters

20 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by paradigmshift(m): 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2019
useless talk from the shittt hole headquarters

3 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Olukoso1: 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2019
cry
Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Xiiimare: 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2019
That's not an excuse joor
Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Neoteny(m): 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2019
Any statement from a government person that begins with "Why we did not..." is often a crock of lies.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Emmanuelhector(m): 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2019
Who took them serious

2 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by spafu(m): 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2019
But the same useless people, at the helms today, were asking why Jonathan could not rescue the Chibok girls. So, it was ok for their lives to have been put at risk then? This is a useless talk from a useless people, led by a useless individual.
This country is a mess.

16 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by celeiyke: 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2019
If it were IPOB , they will wax muscles as if they are the world's best military

6 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by illiteratepmb: 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2019
Lame excuses. Cowards.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2019
Makes sense

Some time ago, some bokoists kidnapped an expat in Sokoto...this was during GEJ's regime. The Army and DSS tracked them down, and as they were closing in, the bokoists killed their kidnapped victim immediately.

I won't be surprised if the Army is being cautious . These are not normal people we are dealing with.(the bokoists)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by spafu(m): 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2019
This same government negotiated with this terrorists, after an arranged abduction, opened It's doors for Leah captors to drive in and drop the othe girls who were Muslim, and the government allowed them to keep hold of Leah, drove back to base majestically, with none of them held captive by the useless government.
I just hope the blind eyes of many will open.

6 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by infogenius(m): 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2019
Just tell us she not one of ur daughters.

If she was, u guys would have been creative in getting her back.

Another flimsy excuse

1 Like

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Staro: 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2019

Have you noticed that each time Buhari is accused of ethno-religious bigotry, the cabal hurriedly
start pushing their Christian loyalists to issue press statements in Buhari's defense?

Buhari only remembers Christians during campaigns and as spokesmen.

Very stale approach

Useless people in Aso Rock.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by pointstores(m): 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2019
Nawa
Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Ijaycool(f): 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2019
Defenders of the Wicked, over to you.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Pavore9: 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2019
Barefaced lies!

7 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Pusyiter(m): 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2019
The politics of Boko Haram is better played by the Nigerian Army
They know what to do to end the insurgence but refused because of the pecuniary dividend
Well, their definition of politics is to play with human lives.......

1 Like

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Conceptman: 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2019
Soft targets ? Not again. and many troops are been killed almost everyday and u say the terrorist are reduced to coming out on soft targets, this must be a joke a big one indeed. God will rescue Leah ijn

1 Like

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by hopefulLandlord: 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2019
All the prayers that's been offered to the Jewish god and this girl is still not freed. Another proof that praying to imaginary entities has no effect in real life

5 Likes

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 24, 2019
Leah is no more, so sad to say. The UN aid worker caught by BH this year said so in one video cry
Nigerian leaders, fear God angry

1 Like

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2019
May this evil Boko Haram never end well.

May all the evil and corrupt politicians that brought this evil and satanic Boko Haram into our nation never end well in life.
Along with everyone that supports them.
Evil.and miserable end await them all.
They will never know peace all the remaining miserable years they have to live.

No be curse,
Na FACT.

Children of hate, perdition and frustration are all afraid to say a single Amen to our prayers.
They are all here rambling incoherently.

Again, May God punish all the sponsors, of Boko Haram and the politicians that brought them upon our nation to cause mayhem...May the people that support them all die painfully.

What is too much to understand or say Amen to here?
Just say Amen or STFU!

Hypocrites of the highest order.
Supporters of evil and crime will never ever go unpunished.

For all those that have forgotten how the money meant for ammunition for our soldiers was looted, here you have it....

Kindly joggle your memories with the following words on marble and you will agree with me that what happened recently on was nothing but gathering of rogues.
Happy reading:

1. I acted based on Jonathan's instruction - Dasuki

2. I didn't give order - Jonathan

3. I collected 350M from Dasuki for consultation - Iyorchia Ayu

4. I only collected $30,000 from Dasuki not N100m - Bode George

5. I got N4.6b from Dasuki for spiritual purposes - Bafarawa

6. I got N650M from Dasuki for my Abuja burnt office - Thisday Obaigbena.

7. I got N2.1b from Dasuki for publicity - Dokpesi

8. I got another N100m from Yuguda he didn't tell me from where - Bafarawa.

9. I gave N100m each to Odili, Jim Nwobodo Bode George and others - Yuguda

10. The president asked me to change N10B to foreign currency for PDP delegates - Dasuki

11. My boss asked me to get $11M from the CBN - Dasuki's account officer.

12. I got order from above to pay Tompolo N13B for Maritime university land. - Nimasa DG.

13. 950m was shared in my house -- Shekarau

With all this looting and many more revealed, some people are still shouting no sign of change yet, they even say it's political persecution.

But I believe, it is the right thing to do. 
There must be consequences for such crimes otherwise Nigeria will not develop.

WHERE ARE THE #WAILERS? 
"Over 20 billion dollars unremitted to the Federation account, and if nothing is done by 2015 upward, Nigeria will know what economic crisis is"
*~ Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi*

"Whoever wins 2015 will NEVER find it easy to govern. Over 30 trillion is mismanaged, unaccounted for or missing under Jonathan."
*~ Prof Charles Soludo*

"Our reserve is depleted and our savings are squandered. Our nation is in trouble."
*~ Dr Oby Ezekwesili.*

"For seven months, NNPC did not remit any money into federation account. When I called as a sitting governor and major oil producing state, Deziani Alison Madueke refused to pick my calls."
*~ Godswill Akpabio*

"I told them to save ahead of eventualities but Jonathan had no political will to do so and this is the reason why we are in crisis, because we squandered our boom."
*~ Okonjo Iweala*

"Okonjo-Iweala, Sanusi urged us to save but we state Governors refused to save for the unseen future during the tenure of Goodluck Jonathan, despite warning from economic experts."
*~ Peter Obi*

"Jonathan is a blessed ATM machine that doesn't have secret pin number"
*~ Bala Mohammed*

* Tompolo was paid 13Billion.!
* Ex-CDS,Alex Badeh dug a pit toilet to hide $32m.
* Patience Jonathan is claiming $31m, she has sued the Nigerian state.
* Femi Fani-Kayode took 740M.
* Dasuki used trucks to load over $35B from the CBN.
* Olisa Metuh took 400M.
* Aziboala, GEJ's cousin took 6B naira.
* Nenadi Usman took 3.5B naira.
* Fayose took 3B naira.
* Obanikoro took 4Billion naira.
* Olu Falae took 100M naira.
* Tony Anenih - 400M naira.
* Oritsejafor - $35M 
* Former Air Chief Amosu - 2Billion naira.
* Lucky Igbinedion-16B naira.
*Bode-George and Dabo -100B naira
* Jolly Nyame-2.4B naira.
* Joshua Dariye-700M naira.
*Nyesom Wike stole #4b.
* Diezzani with $20 billion missing oil money? 
15 billon dollars missing from arms fund, 10 billion naria, converted to dollars and given as gift to delegates of PDP Nation convention, Bafarawa collected 3 billion for spiritual purposes , 12. 7 billon naria for deceased NEPA staff grew wings and disappeared, 20 billion dollars missing from NNPC accounts, 23 billon naira as bribe to INEC staffs to rig the general election. The list is endless. They only left what they can't carry or unable to lay their hands on. The list continues.....
Recession didn't just happen, people looted Nigeria into RECESSION happening.
Thank God we are going out of it gradually for now and we know better days are ahead.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by iwantolive: 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2019
Erediauwa:
“Boko Haram is not holding any part of our country. Boko Haram and ISWAP have been decimated and defeated.

Just imagine how they're playing with the lives of innocent Nigerians by dishing out silly and ridiculous information on the "imaginary" defeat of Boko Haram.

If not for the gross hypocrisy, hatred and incompetence of Baba lifeless, the resilient Leah Sharibu would have reunited with her family and enjoy the festive period with them.
Why cant you support your Army for once?Fight against terrorist is not easy anywhere in he world.imagine the years US have spent fighting isis,and still they are no fully defeated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2019
ijustdey:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-weve-not-rescued-leah-sharibu-others-defence.html

Since they have been defeated then why is that little girl still in captivity
Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by dochenaj: 12:21pm On Dec 24, 2019
While I agree that the military cannot just dash in to rescue the people held hostage, as that could backfire.

I find the idea of the military hanging on to the narrative that Boko Haram has been decimated very ridiculous and utterly atrocious.

If they have been pushed out of Nigeria and only hiding in enclaves, that would suppose their number is drastically low, say less than 100. Why can't the military protect the border to ensure they don't come out at "night" to attack civilians and kill soldiers howbeit in broad daylight.

The Dapichi abduction was to raise money by Boko Haram, and the FG supposedly paid a huge ransom for all the people taken, but they conveniently refused to insist that Leah a Christian be included in those returned or no deal.

Negotiating and paying terrorist money as ransom means you're their financier. Hence I could without any iota of doubt tell you that this government is financing terrorism on it's citizens. And it is shameful.
Re: Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters by nototribalist: 12:23pm On Dec 24, 2019
Because she's a Christian, and aside Boko haram would've killed her by now. Are they now baby sitters?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Almost Detained My Dad For Helping Boko Haram Victim; Lady Reveals.Photos / OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose / CBN Office In Benue On Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.