Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide (28630 Views)

Babatunde Babajide: Even While Fasting, I Read A Minimum Of 8 Hours A Day / Snake In FUTA Akindeko Male Hostel! / 12ft Python Killed In FUTA (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Mires: 1:47pm On Dec 25, 2019
Sweeetheart:

this guy know nothing. tell me which person hustle and still sponsor himself to school without any support o come out with first class

do you understand the psychologic behind academic at all? if I had a financial backup law was my aspired course for second degree but is a course you can't studied with disturbed and worried mind

someone study and do ATS/ICAN with BSC at the same time you think na paper him use for this achievements?

To tell you that I know something, your English language structure is poor. Let me quickly point out few to you.

1. "Psychologic" is inappropriate.
Please let me stop here and concentrate on better things..
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Rilley(m): 1:54pm On Dec 25, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Do you have a good job now, in a solid, corporate organisation?? That is the most important thing.....not this long grammar you recited up here. undecided Graphic design will only help you to keep body and soul together, on a small scale level.

Na so we see am, o! shocked The sad thing is that society and even the academia, makes people believe that having a 1st class degree, is a ticket to paradise.

In the old days, yes.... that was true. But these days, the story has changed. sad

You need solid technical skills, good networks, membership of professional associations, certifications etc., in order to land any good well-paying job, these days.

That is why some 1st class graduates get easily depressed, when nothing good is turning up for them, during their job search. Because they believe their degree will automatically open doors, for them....and when it doesn't, it becomes a problem.

True talk!

1 Like

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Rilley(m): 1:55pm On Dec 25, 2019
Snowale:
it's either you are lying, your friend lied or both, or you added to his story.
You are still a kid, you don't know anything yet.
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by obentenyson(m): 1:56pm On Dec 25, 2019
Congrats. hopefully you will get a Good job with this.. cos nowadays, naija don pass 4.68 GPA o.. better work on yourself now that you've graduated. educate yourself more and better. cos what you are taught in school won't get you the job o your dreams o.. Real education starts after school. na then you go know sey na b.s them teach you for school..
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Nigeriakan: 1:57pm On Dec 25, 2019
congratulations bro. That's a job well done!

A friend of mine graduated with a 1 in the same department. His name is Israel Adeleke
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by obentenyson(m): 2:01pm On Dec 25, 2019
Sweeetheart:

this guy know nothing. tell me which person hustle and still sponsor himself to school without any support o come out with first class

do you understand the psychologic behind academic at all? if I had a financial backup law was my aspired course for second degree but is a course you can't studied with disturbed and worried mind

someone study and do ATS/ICAN with BSC at the same time you think na paper him use for this achievements?
. there was a guy I knew at Unilag who was disabled. he sponsored himself through school came out with a first class. went for his masters, then later came back again to study law, still came out with a first class. So, guy don't judge people based on your ignorance... obviously your people must have wasted their money on you to send you to school. because you still came out ignorant.
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by darfay: 2:02pm On Dec 25, 2019
babson9jata:
*MY SUCCESS STORY IN FUTA.*
*With 4.68 from 3.80!--*

The 20th day of December, 2019 was a very special day for me as I was awarded a First Class Honors, Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Accounting, Federal University of Technology Akure.

To the glory of God, I entered FUTA on 3rd of December 2015 as an undergraduate. I had a four man squad and we all strived to be successful. In a nutshell, first semester result 100 level result was out and it happened that I had the lowest GPA of 3.80 in the squad. I was so disheartened that I had the lowest GPA and I was a bit happy that I didn't scored too low � despite my political office as NUASA pioneer General Secretary (with Aluta-P led executive) and my position as the National President, Jnr/Int RAN. I informed a brother, Bosun Egberinde of the situation at hand and he encouraged and motivated me to keep moving and aim high.

Second semester 100 level result was released, I had 4.44 (was so annoyed because I had a C in CSC102, a three unit course which hindered my chance of making a first class that semester). I will never forget, a friend out of the 4 man squad who made a statement that struck a cord in me, he actually had a 'B' in a 4 unit course and he was like, "if ordinary BBM could have an 'A' BIO 102, then he should definitely have more than that" (with the impression that he is far better than me). This drove me high and mad �.
200 level first semester, I started reading for an average of *8 hours in a day and once read for 16 hours on a stretch.* Guess what, I had a 5.00 that semester.

We were two that actually had the 5.00 then and that was the first of its kind in Accounting and the faculty, SMAT (except IT report) according to history. I was so amazed because in 4 of 9 of the courses, I had 70 -72 (A). (Isn't God faithful? ���). The news went viral throughout the faculty and we became the talk of the devil for a while.

Not to bore you with this long story, Second semester 200 level, I had 4.67. I actually spent my lecture free week at a National camp ☹. God is good!

First Semester 300 level, I had 4.63; was scared of dropping because I started my professional exam ICAN-ATS in that semester and officially launched my enterprise, BBM WORLD (Graphics Design).

Second semester 300 level, only had 11 days to prepare for school exam due to my second stage of my professional exam, but guess what, I made a 5.00 as well �. First Semester 400 level, again, I made a 5.00. It was a back to back, hit to hit �. Should I burst your burble? I wasn't in school in the first week of exam, I was in Lagos for my ICAN-ATS induction, also represented the university in an inter-university competition (Annual Conference for Accountant at JABU) yet, God did it. And in the last semester, 400 level second semester, I had 4.88 (a 3 unit course actually hindered me from having a 5.00 for the fourth time. I had a 'B' ☹.

However, I bless God because only 6 out of about 95 students had an 'A' in a 6 unit project � and I was honoured to be among them. Also represented FUTA at an inter-university summit or competition at OAU in October which lead to a competition/teasing between OAU and FUTA (#OAUvsFUTA on tweeter). I and my team made them know that FUTA is the best!.

Today, I graduated as the 5th best graduating student in the department of Accounting with a CGPA of 4.68 from 3.80 of 5.00 scale.
_I am a true product of Grace._

*Charge:* In whatever thing you do, strive to be the best. Yes, the best!

*Babatunde Babajide M. Bs.c (Akure), AAT.*
Accountant | Financial Analyst | Project/Data Analyst | Graphics Designer | Debater | Academician | Public Speaker | Curator | Entrepreneur

#BSc
#Accounting
#FirstClass
#FUTA
#ICAN
#Accountancy

congratulations bro, it was no easy fit what you did, but e b like say first class many for your department o

Merry Christmas nairaland
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by adetayoonas(m): 2:03pm On Dec 25, 2019
Is it really true that some first class graduates are jobless or with low pay jobs cos I m just wondering how true that is. Pls I need comments and real life experience
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Gerrard59(m): 2:04pm On Dec 25, 2019
matrixme:
Congratulations! FUTA has really changed alot and the standards have rolled backwards. Back in the days, those of us in SAAT keeps quiet when those in SET and SEMS are talking. You don't even talk, no matter your CGPA. Now Accounting students are giving motivational stories.

According to you, because students from the accounting department are writing "motivational" speeches and graduating with a first class, then standards have fallen? If they didn't graduate with a first class like it was done during your time, then standards haven't fallen, right? With such a criterion for judging how "good" a school is, what's FUTA's rank in the QS, ARWU and The Times Higher Education rankings?

1 Like

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by darfay: 2:04pm On Dec 25, 2019
obentenyson:
. there was a guy I knew at Unilag who was disabled. he sponsored himself through school came out with a first class. went for his masters, then later came back again to study law, still came out with a first class. So, guy don't judge people based on your ignorance... obviously your people must have wasted their money on you to send you to school. because you still came out ignorant.

come on bro, people are different and so you can't use some few unique cases to judge for all
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by pendragon35(m): 2:16pm On Dec 25, 2019
babson9jata:
*With 4.68 from 3.80!--*

The 20th day of December, 2019 was a very special day for me as I was awarded a First Class Honors, Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Accounting, Federal University of Technology Akure.

To the glory of God, I entered FUTA on 3rd of December 2015 as an undergraduate. I had a four man squad and we all strived to be successful. In a nutshell, first semester result 100 level result was out and it happened that I had the lowest GPA of 3.80 in the squad. I was so disheartened that I had the lowest GPA and I was a bit happy that I didn't scored too low � despite my political office as NUASA pioneer General Secretary (with Aluta-P led executive) and my position as the National President, Jnr/Int RAN. I informed a brother, Bosun Egberinde of the situation at hand and he encouraged and motivated me to keep moving and aim high.

Second semester 100 level result was released, I had 4.44 (was so annoyed because I had a C in CSC102, a three unit course which hindered my chance of making a first class that semester). I will never forget, a friend out of the 4 man squad who made a statement that struck a cord in me, he actually had a 'B' in a 4 unit course and he was like, "if ordinary BBM could have an 'A' BIO 102, then he should definitely have more than that" (with the impression that he is far better than me). This drove me high and mad �.
200 level first semester, I started reading for an average of *8 hours in a day and once read for 16 hours on a stretch.* Guess what, I had a 5.00 that semester.

We were two that actually had the 5.00 then and that was the first of its kind in Accounting and the faculty, SMAT (except IT report) according to history. I was so amazed because in 4 of 9 of the courses, I had 70 -72 (A). (Isn't God faithful? ���). The news went viral throughout the faculty and we became the talk of the devil for a while.

Not to bore you with this long story, Second semester 200 level, I had 4.67. I actually spent my lecture free week at a National camp ☹. God is good!

First Semester 300 level, I had 4.63; was scared of dropping because I started my professional exam ICAN-ATS in that semester and officially launched my enterprise, BBM WORLD (Graphics Design).

Second semester 300 level, only had 11 days to prepare for school exam due to my second stage of my professional exam, but guess what, I made a 5.00 as well �. First Semester 400 level, again, I made a 5.00. It was a back to back, hit to hit �. Should I burst your burble? I wasn't in school in the first week of exam, I was in Lagos for my ICAN-ATS induction, also represented the university in an inter-university competition (Annual Conference for Accountant at JABU) yet, God did it. And in the last semester, 400 level second semester, I had 4.88 (a 3 unit course actually hindered me from having a 5.00 for the fourth time. I had a 'B' ☹.

However, I bless God because only 6 out of about 95 students had an 'A' in a 6 unit project � and I was honoured to be among them. Also represented FUTA at an inter-university summit or competition at OAU in October which lead to a competition/teasing between OAU and FUTA (#OAUvsFUTA on tweeter). I and my team made them know that FUTA is the best!.

Today, I graduated as the 5th best graduating student in the department of Accounting with a CGPA of 4.68 from 3.80 of 5.00 scale.

Accountant | Financial Analyst | Project/Data Analyst | Graphics Designer | Debater | Academician | Public Speaker | Curator | Entrepreneur

#BSc
#Accounting
#FirstClass
#FUTA
#ICAN
#Accountancy

Till I read where you read for 16hours, then I knew you're an extra-ordinary being with strong academic discipline, resilient and God fearing.

Success I wish you in your real life endeavors. You will forever be a first class material.

I tap from your grace in my digital marketing business.

Merry Xmas!!
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Edoziesmart(m): 2:19pm On Dec 25, 2019
Who first class elp?
As a graduate of computer engineering, I didn't even bother to seek for work after my higher school, because I know Nigeria is a dead zone with low rate of job. Baba Better acquire any IT skills unless you have a long hand to get job after your nysc.

I won't even bother applying for job that they will pay me 50k in a month, when I know I can get that in couple of days online.

1 Like

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by obentenyson(m): 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2019
darfay:

come on bro, people are different and so you can't use some few unique cases to judge for all
oh.... I should not use few unique? am not judging for all by the way.. the so called few uniques are not aliens they are human.. saying that someone who fend for his or her self through school can't grad with a first class is a fallacious statement and it takes unique stupidity to come to that useless conclusion. let me end this by saying, that those that fend their ways through school themselves are usually more dedicated at school than the ones that they have their school fees and the rest being taking care of by their parents or guidance. cos you know that you will be wasting your own money and stress that you've put into getting the money that you use to send yourself to school..
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by sundayoluwatimi(m): 2:29pm On Dec 25, 2019
In that Accounting department, you gave a good account of yourself.

Congratulations.
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Tylerbreeze(m): 2:32pm On Dec 25, 2019
babson9jata:
*With 4.68 from 3.80!--*

#BSc
#Accounting
#FirstClass
#FUTA
#ICAN
#Accountancy
I tap from your blessings bro smiley congratulations
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by damtan(m): 2:50pm On Dec 25, 2019
my Alma Mata now offers Accounting? Tooor
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Depressed101: 3:15pm On Dec 25, 2019
DenreleDave:

I swear you ain't depressed at all. U even get time to dey check when he register with the numbers of post.. Chaiiii
and you get time to reply comment not directed to you? undecided
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 25, 2019
Rilley:
You are still a kid, you don't know anything yet.
You don't know what first class means, and you claim to gave him a job that pays him 250k per month while you spend 25k in less than 1 hour, LOL, from your topics I can see how verrrry rich you are.
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by KLand(m): 3:33pm On Dec 25, 2019
babson9jata:
*With 4.68 from 3.80!--*

#BSc
#Accounting
#FirstClass
#FUTA
#ICAN
#Accountancy

Congratulations. More blessings.
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Bobbybob: 4:05pm On Dec 25, 2019
babson9jata:
*With 4.68 from 3.80!--*

#BSc
#Accounting
#FirstClass
#FUTA
#ICAN
#Accountancy
Are u a virgin?
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Hahjascho(m): 4:30pm On Dec 25, 2019
Nixxxx:
Boring ass story, education is not all about scoring A, learn to understand what you are been thought so that you can be able to apply yourself in the real world. La cram LA paste can never take Nigeria student and education any were. It's about time we have a total reorientation. That's why we keep having first class but yet know nothing, and still have to wait for the Whyte man to discover new things so that they can cram his method of discovering and get A.
What will it take you to just say a statement of *compliment*?

Or how sure are you that he and other A-students (graduates) can't practically apply what they have to solve a nation problem?

It pisses me off reading comments like these.
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by millionboi2: 4:33pm On Dec 25, 2019
Snowale:
LOL, so pained for seeing you fellow man becoming successful. Become an enemy or hater and receive curse day and night from his family. I'm sure right now his family are praying the downfall of people like you.
so stupid not to have prove me wrong.

Bleep off
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 25, 2019
millionboi2:
so stupid not to have prove me wrong.

Bleep off
You think everyone must just create something in other to be an active member of the society, or you think life is all about science and technology, we have artist who just act movies and are making big out of it by entertaining, educating, informing the masses, we have Journalists and Newscaster who just inform the masses, we have Lecturers, we have politicians who could controls the country's politics, we have accountants who controls the financial aspect of organizations and the country at Large, there are services, not everyone should go into science and technology.
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Mouhstorph5(m): 5:17pm On Dec 25, 2019
millionboi2:
Nonsense

Wat can u produce with it

Just theory

Nonsense

Try to appreciate excellence for once
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by millionboi2: 5:19pm On Dec 25, 2019
Mouhstorph5:

Try to appreciate excellence for once
Not untill u prove me wrong
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by KunleyY19(m): 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
Congratulations Bro...
May Almighty God put blessing in it for you.

Reading such news just keeps me going... Massive respect to all first class students out there...
I pray God takes me there too...Repping FUTMX. 400l.

Still crawling.
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Mouhstorph5(m): 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:
Lol fron 2:1 to 1st class. Hahahahaha.
Op, thus isn't a success story.

But a story success..

Loma........

Funny you
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by Mouhstorph5(m): 6:12pm On Dec 25, 2019
Nixxxx:
Boring ass story, education is not all about scoring A, learn to understand what you are been thought so that you can be able to apply yourself in the real world. La cram LA paste can never take Nigeria student and education any were. It's about time we have a total reorientation. That's why we keep having first class but yet know nothing, and still have to wait for the Whyte man to discover new things so that they can cram his method of discovering and get A.

Well, you made a point though.

Too much emphasis society place on paper qualifications at the expense of competence doesn't help the matter too...

1 Like

Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by tosomaju(m): 6:58pm On Dec 25, 2019
I have only one question
What did the other members of your squad finished with? Especially the one that made mockery of you.
Re: My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide by eROCK247(m): 7:10pm On Dec 25, 2019
babson9jata:
*With 4.68 from 3.80!--*

#BSc
#Accounting
#FirstClass
#FUTA
#ICAN
#Accountancy

Wow! Congratulations bro! I love your drive and focus. May God continue to bless the works of your hand as you continue to soar!! You're an inspiration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Study In Europe With Free Tuition Fees For Masters Degree / My Accent Is Affecting Me Acedemically,pls Help!!! / NASU, ASUU, Others Threaten To Shut Down UNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.