Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? (36949 Views)

Russia-ukrainan War: Sokoto Students Now In Budapest, Says Tambuwal / What's Behind This Year's Low JAMB Scores? / No WASSCE For Nigerian Students Now - Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by Legendguru: 3:35pm On Dec 26, 2019
Runs
Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by chinchum(m): 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
Justmemyself1:

That year 2000 was the year Bosun shocked the whole Nigeria - scored a whopping 346!

I agree jamb was hard and tough that year

I know Bosun Adeoti, he defied all the odds and left Unilag after year one from the faculty of Engineering to the United states (MIT)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by NextBuhari: 9:24am On Dec 27, 2019
armadeo:

When you answer a question wrongly one mark gets deducted. So for every one you answer and miss they take one mark extra.

No guessing in my time.
Thanks. Wrote in that era (2002),ended up with 252.
Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by NextBuhari: 9:25am On Dec 27, 2019
Bbbwings:

if you attempt a question and you get it wrong, they will subtract from your score.
it may be 1/2 1/4 or 1 depending on the exam body.
in this case, it is better to only attempt questions you're very sure about.

be ready for this if you're thinking of attending med school in oau
Thanks for the clarification.
Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by 4gunners(m): 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2019
edoairways:

You are looking at it from the perspective of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry without considering other subjects.
Is that not a good sample space, at least for the science folks.
Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by yusman14(m): 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2019
chinchum:

I know Bosun Adeoti, he defied all the odds and left Unilag after year one from the faculty of Engineering to the United states (MIT)
It is Johnson adeoti,he had 349
phy-100
chm-100
mth-100.
eng-49
He left UNILAG faculty of technology then with 5.0 in year one to MIT on scholarship
Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2019
ignis:

Even if you drop the questions to primary school standard, people will still score less than 100.

Why art thee harsheth grin grin
Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by chinchum(m): 12:04am On Dec 28, 2019
yusman14:
It is Johnson adeoti,he had 349
phy-100
chm-100
mth-100.
eng-49
He left UNILAG faculty of technology then with 5.0 in year one to MIT on scholarship
i am not sure of the breakdown of scores , but i think he scored 347, and there is no faculty of technology but Engineering in Unilag, i know this because i finished from that Faculty. Funny enough, he did not leave faculty of Engineering with a 5.0, in actual fact as at the time he was leaving, he was not the best at his level or dept, he was on 4.5 , or close to that CGPA .

3 Likes

Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by tck2000(m): 12:26am On Dec 28, 2019
!
Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by NnaemekaJude(m): 8:17am On Dec 28, 2019
I no too pass like dat.. But from my uni experience, course weh be CBT have a 90% chance of turning out to be an A, and those paper-type, a B. (My experience so far)

CBT no dey do linking... Something like "from question number 17 above..."

CBT is easier than paper and pencil.

But again, students are smarter these days. With the technology explosion and all? Standard schools are also emerging... Competition is increasing. This is EVOLUTION on play here. If you are good in biology, you would know what happens when competition ensues.
Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by yusman14(m): 11:31am On Dec 28, 2019
chinchum:
i am not sure of the breakdown of scores , but i think he scored 347, and there is no faculty of technology but Engineering in Unilag, i know this because i finished from that Faculty. Funny enough, he did not leave faculty of Engineering with a 5.0, in actual fact as at the time he was leaving, he was not the best at his level or dept, he was on 4.5 , or close to that CGPA .
..I actually read this somewhere some years back.Thanks for the clarification..
Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by ArcToyin(m): 11:08am On Jan 01, 2020
Back then, the fear of JAMB was the beginning of wisdom.
Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by harrend(m): 9:28am On Jan 05, 2020
David2O:
Getting easier because you're an experienced writer. No offence pls
bro experience is not knowledge..my knowledge has almost remained d same because i dont read, and even if i do some times, i forget some others too. but i scored higher every consecutive year..
Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by yhemmsy(m): 10:02pm On Jan 05, 2020
JAMB 2020 REGISTRATION DETAILS
According to Prof Is-haq Oloyede, the registration for the UTME would start
on January 13 and end on February 17, 2020; while the examination will hold
between March 14 and April 4, 2020.

He noted that an optional mock examination for candidates will take place
on February 18, 2020.

Candidates are advised to start preparation early and JAMB COACHING is currently in progress @ DE WAYMAKER TUTORS
35 Akinyele street aguda, by st. Barth church, aguda, Lagos

Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by David2O(m): 9:12am On Jan 06, 2020
harrend:
bro experience is not knowledge..my knowledge has almost remained d same because i dont read, and even if i do some times, i forget some others too. but i scored higher every consecutive year..
OK experience is not knowledge but it made you wise by applying best strategy for the next try.

1 Like

Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by harrend(m): 9:21am On Jan 06, 2020
David2O:

OK experience is not knowledge but it made you wise by applying best strategy for the next try.
yes bro
Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by chukwumexes: 2:56pm On Jan 07, 2020
healthserve:

On the contrary, if a height is attained then transferring the same intelligence should suffice. If you were a top performer without cutting corners and you're stunted career wise, check yourself. I'm exactly saying any top performer of then ought to have transfered that brilliance to work and career and shine. Trust me. Was a top performer. Still I'm. Over 1000 research papers to my credit. With my company setting out to produce my first 25 invented products. With my entire production systems and machinery designed by me. If we were brilliant at level one, then I'm exolpecting a continuity to level ten. This is what I'm saying. So if you scored extremely high but then doing bad on the career front, then the results were not a reflection of your true intellectual prowess

And JAMB as other exams are supposed to be tools to measure intellectualism.

Cc: ToxicBrain CSTR2

You are so so so so so WRONG bro
Listen, EXAM IS NEVER A TRUE TEST OF KNOWLEDGE OR INTELLECTUALISM.

High scores in exams does not mean that you are actually more knowledgeable than the other counterparts.
Take for instance two students A and B are preparing for an exam. A has been studying from day one whereas B hasn't. Luckily B was able to get hold of a particular topic and concentrated just on it while A has to scroll through all the topics equally. Then during the exam B was lucky to have that little portion he has concentrated solely on being set in the exam and he smashes the exam with reckless abandon. Would you then say that B is more knowledgeable than A because of mere scores or would you say that B cheated to have acquired such a high score in ur own analogy? �

HELL NO. Exam scores does not in any way measure intellectualism

u see in this life, for u to be successful career wise, it takes more than just being a top performer in school or haven't u seen an olodo in school achieving extraordinary success career wise. In fact most high performers I know always lack the basic recipe for career success
Re: High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? by ITODOJOSH(m): 1:39am On Mar 26, 2020
0monnak0da:
Medicine has always been a 270 plus course in places like UI and Unilag
People VERY commonly scored 100 in mathematics in the 80s

however the number of people taking JAMB has exploded with population

Of that number many may be taking it for the 2nd 3rd or 4th times
So there are "experienced" candidates
Also unless the syllabus changes frequently there is a limit to how questions can change on any given topic
If you score less than 250 then it is either you did not work hard or you are not bright. Also In my opinion you are not ready for University

English is a bonus subject as far as I am concerned and candidates should aim for at least 80 in English
Pls I scored 329 in Jamb.Got 3Bs and 2Cs in my o level result.Do I stand a chance to gain admission to study medicine in UI?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See The State Of Eric Moore Junior High School In Surulere, Lagos / 5 Top Reasons Why Some Girls Go Into Campus Runs. My Experience / National Open University Headquarters In Abuja In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.