Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow (40846 Views)

Reuters: Baba Go-fast? Nigeria's Tinubu Stuns Wary Investors With Quick Reforms / Buhari: Why They Call Me Baba Go Slow & Why I'm Slow - Nigerians React / Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by IpobAntidote: 9:58am On Dec 26, 2019
Mordecai:

The PDP government was mired in corruption. It's no longer news. But they set up the plans for the bridge, commissioned it, and laid the ground work for it. This government did not meet an empty playground there. It was definitely overpriced, for sure. No arguments, they were corrupt. Let's leave their matter for now.

Let us list and analyse PMB's achievements now, if there are any.

Commisioning a project and executing one are 2 totally different things. You can commission all you want but until you actually start the project, you have not done jack.

No we can not leave the PDP and past administration out of what is going on now. Govt exist in a continual not in a vacuum. what the last govt did will affect the next and whatever Buhari is doing will affect the next govt. If the past govt had invested money into the rail system, bridges and other infrastructures then this govt would not have had to borrow so much to builld these projects. So NO you cannot talk about this govt without talking about the past. You cannot talk about the future without first understanding your past.
Now, when we talk about governance in Nigeria especially about Buhari, you can only compare him with what we had before not with other world leaders. The reason is that the leadership we have in this country is a microcosm of the country itself.
One of the biggest problems in Nigeria is the people themselves not so much the leadership, but people take joy and solace in blaming their leaders as if these leaders where imported from outer space.
Start from your local govt and move up from there. What does a typical local govt chairman or woman do in their domain? Mostly nothing.
Most Local govt workers just collect salaries without any work. Most don't even show up for work. But let Buhari talk of sacking them then you will see how the Nigerian population will rise up and abuse the man and the idea. That is an example of how the people are the real problem. It's like someone who wants to lose weight with doing the workout, just praying and wishing for results.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by amNorth(m): 10:12am On Dec 26, 2019
idid:
Ass licker with penchant to lie and delude.. Grow some balls, you.
he lick ur father yansh abi ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 26, 2019
idid:
Unrepentant, irredeemable, unresponsive head of state... keep doing it the way you like then.

Wicked is the right word.
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by amNorth(m): 10:16am On Dec 26, 2019
[quote author=IpobAntidote post=85226843]

Commisioning a project and executing one are 2 totally different things. You can commission all you want but until you actually start the project, you have not done jack.

No we can not leave the PDP and past administration out of what is going on now. Govt exist in a continual not in a vacuum. what the last govt did will affect the next and whatever Buhari is doing will affect the next govt. If the past govt had invested money into the rail system, bridges and other infrastructures then this govt would not have had to borrow so much to builld these projects. So NO you cannot talk about this govt without talking about the past. You cannot talk about the future without first understanding your past.
Now, when we talk about governance in Nigeria especially about Buhari, you can only compare him with what we had before not with other world leaders. The reason is that the leadership we have in this country is a microcosm of the country itself.
One of the biggest nice 1
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by King44(m): 10:18am On Dec 26, 2019
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://punchng.com/if-you-like-call-me-baba-go-slow-says-buhari/
retired military tyrant us your new name now not go slow anymore far from it, APC you better be ready to rigg sharpening your rigging skills if not 2023 go drop na jaws any how
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by LivingSage: 10:23am On Dec 26, 2019
God bless you PMB. The indefatigable president. We love and solidly behind you. If third term is possible, you'll have our support. GOOD THINGS ARE DONE WITH FORCE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by Deepthoughts: 10:24am On Dec 26, 2019
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://punchng.com/if-you-like-call-me-baba-go-slow-says-buhari/
you are no longer baba go slow but mumu delusional.
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by shugabasbn: 10:37am On Dec 26, 2019
Racoon:
Imagine! So uninspiring and unstatemanly.One can never see the likes of President Donald Trump, Justin( Canada), Macron(France) etc talk this shitcrap.This senile man simply have nothing upstairs.

U are one of the reasons they want to introduce social media wahala.
Hate speech!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by undisputed106(m): 10:47am On Dec 26, 2019
Gforce2015:
Imagine this man just sleep and never wake up again. A lot of Nigerians will be happy.

that one will not end bad governance
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by Flyingngel(m): 10:50am On Dec 26, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT post;

He just won a second tenure right,what is that if not majority support.
You Buhari haters still remain a minority.

Hope not this just concluded election that you are talking about?
Continue BelookinglikeandIDIOT.
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 26, 2019
beardedboy:

Empty chest beating as usual. You think you can change a military man by pointing a (toy) gun to his head?! That only works for bloody civilians! The earlier you people start talking with love and respect, the earlier you start getting the love, support and respect you desire and deserve.

Regards.

""You think you can change a military man by pointing a (toy) gun to his head?""

Are u losing ur mind? Which biafran or igbo man wants to change the dullard? grin grin

""The earlier you people start talking with love and respect, the earlier you start getting the love, support and respect you desire and deserve.""

We have seen ur love for 60 years and we know exactly what u mean by luv cheesy.

And we don't wed ur luv, support and respect for any reason so try n grow up, it's 2020 already...WE DON'T CARE.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by bigfrido(m): 10:56am On Dec 26, 2019
baba 'reverse' is the right name.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 26, 2019
idid:
Unrepentant, irredeemable, unresponsive head of state... keep doing it the way you like then.

Lol...
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 26, 2019
nanauju:
If you were going slow it would have been good. You're not moving at all sad

Lol... The guy just off car dey blow horn.. The thing come make am think say him dey move grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by osazsky(m): 11:10am On Dec 26, 2019
idid:
y are u guys wailing our president never promised to eradicate poverty he said he will eradicate poor people go and watch his previous campaign and he has delivered on his promises we love u bubu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by Truthbites: 11:13am On Dec 26, 2019
IpobAntidote:

OK allow this so called "zomby" to educate you a little. -

Don't just believe all the so called figures that you are reading online. Most are just inflated, distorted and out right lies figures.

Secondly, you have to borrow to be able to embark on these types of projects that are ongoing in the country right now. Nigeria is not a RICH country contrary to what many will like to believe. You are poor if you have a salary of 1 million Naira but you have 50 kids to feed. That's the story of Nigeria.
Buhari has not borrowed the 30 billion yet, so let's not jump before the facts are in. They are trying to borrow another 30 billion but it's not borrowed yet. Borrowing the money is not the issue, the issue should be what will the money be used for and will there be proper oversight to man=ke sure that the money is spent judiciously. Instead of the opposition to focus on the details of the loan, they are busy brainwashing the gullible public with lies, rumors and innuendoes.

Borrowing is not the problem, it's what you do with it that matters. The US is the biggest borrower in the world, they owe so much money to China and Japan alone that should those countries ask for their money right now, the US will go bankrupt or just declare war on those 2 countries alone.

Nigeria is not a rich country, we make so little from oil and other avenues when compared to the population (200 million plus), the financial situation is further compounded by corruption, laziness and lack of ingenuity.
Take UAE for example - they make more than Nigeria in oil and the original population is only about 2 million. Coupled that with massive investments in infrastructure, leaders with foresight and minimum corruption then you have Dubai and Abu Dabi.
Nigeria is the opposite - less money from oil, massive corruption especially during oil booms under the pdp, almost no serious investments during the so called oil booms under the PDP.
ask yourself honestly, what kept the pdp from building the 2nd Niger bridge when oil sold for as much as 140 dollars per barrel but the man is building it while oil sold for as little as 28 dollars? That's one simple question that you should ask yourself.

That's enough education for today. Class is dismissed.

Let me also ask before educating u..what is a capital project? a capital project is a long-term, capital-intensive investment project with a purpose to build upon, add to, or improve a capital asset.

Should a government be borrowing excessively to build these projects?my issue is this , this clueless government has borrowed so much on these capital projects with no head or tail..we don't know the time these projects will be concluded.

Mr. Educated one, has taking loan been a good thing? Will China take loans without anyone accounting for them?

What about the N500 billion on Social Investment program squandered by GMB's regime? I could go on and on Mr. Zee.. this na failed governortorial government
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:17am On Dec 26, 2019
The set of people who have been writing these gibberish are mainly Northerners. then with Yoruba people. because i know the hausas can never criticise Buhari even when he is doing wrong. to them, Buhari is even greater than Mohamed. grin i guess if Buhari is so good, why dont the SW and North form a country and make the sultan life king? some people are just born with stupidity. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by IpobAntidote: 11:25am On Dec 26, 2019
Truthbites:

Let me also ask before educating u..what is a capital project? a capital project is a long-term, capital-intensive investment project with a purpose to build upon, add to, or improve a capital asset.

Should a government be borrowing excessively to build these projects?my issue is this , this clueless government has borrowed so much on these capital projects with no head or tail..we don't know the time these projects will be concluded.

Mr. Educated one, has taking loan been a good thing? Will China take loans without anyone accounting for them?

What about the N500 billion on Social Investment program squandered by GMB's regime? I could go on and on Mr. Zee.. this na failed governortorial government

Just listen to you, you don't know when the projects will be completed? Will the govt have to drill all the information into your skull? Go out and find out real information instead of listening to the wailers.
Capital projects takes time, it takes time to build power plants , to build bridges, to build rail systems. It takes years, many years to complete these kinds of projects.
These are not over over night projects.
500 million squandered? How is giving out small loans considered as squandered? Is it not better to give even 10k loans to those that need it than to allow mr stealing is not corruption to lick it all up by allowing it to end up un the pockets of a few. Who will end up buying properties in Dubai and the US with public funds.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 26, 2019
Who called you baba go slow? You are either baba do nothing or baba go backward.
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by jiksman3: 11:36am On Dec 26, 2019
IDIOT!
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by Rockyrascal(m): 11:36am On Dec 26, 2019
If I can remember, nairalanders actually gave him
"baba go slow" grin
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by rusher14: 11:39am On Dec 26, 2019
Truthbites:

See them..one zomby spotted..in the history of Nigeria, no president has borrowed what this General has borrowed, n u come here to spew this piece of chit..

GMB has borrowed 23 trillion for ur future children, and he has added another $30 billion dollars..and Nigerians are not protesting ..

GMB keeps spending huge amount on Capital projects without head or tail..who does that?no government has ever done this rubbish..

Antitode or whatever respond to me with facts ..not insults like ur fellow zombilites do. Let's slug it out with points

Stop lying.

Jonathan alone borrowed over 50 billion dollars.

Buhari has borrowed on 16 billion dollars.

The value of debt when Jonathan left office as against what it's been since Buhari took over (2018 figures) can be seen below.

Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by HARYOMIDE1994: 11:44am On Dec 26, 2019
Bossontop:
undecided undecided undecided
K sir

"Gen. Baba go slow"

Abi i lie??

[img]http:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]

u no go kill me with laughter
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by paix(m): 12:03pm On Dec 26, 2019
He has since graduated from the GO-SLOW level to MARKING-TIME or STAND-STILL.
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 26, 2019
handie:
Say what you may about Major General Muhammadu Buhari but he genuinely mean well for the country and his name will forever be remembered in Nigeria.
Before you go on a criticism spree, take a minute and ask urself if Nigeria would have been better if Jonathan was the president between 2015 and 2019 and also, ask yourself if Atiku would have been the right option (Taking into cognisance what we know of the ex VP)

Poverty capital of the world
Debt burden with nothing to show for it.
Security apparatus zero.
All time high unemployment
Disregard for constitution and rule of law
Protection of fulani terrorists
Selective fight against corruption

With these achievements above I don't think Jonathan will come close.
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by Tonyosas101(m): 12:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
quickly:

Typical Nigerian

Look at closing of border he did the same thing in 83.

He close south border but north border open

Buhari in normal situations should be doing work of old soldier- gateman and currently a retiree relaxing and counting his cows.

Yet, he's presiding over you & over 200millions people
I think he's more smarter than you.. at least, that got him to be the president of a country
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by benzion72(m): 1:44pm On Dec 26, 2019
rusher14:
Nigeria's best ever president.
History would be kind to you.

I'm certain that by the end of your tenure we would see how much development took place under your leadership.

Many do not understand the concept of sacrifice before gratification. The reason Nigeria has always been a sleeping giant.

Watch how 2020 swings the pendulum in the positive direction.

When APC cannot lay hand on achievement they change the narration before it is 16 years of PDP misrule after having five of their own they change it to crude oil price is low when the crude appreciated and nothing to show they change it to you need to suffer before enjoyment. Yet they are borrowing like hell despite telling us they have recovered trillion honestly it is a deceptive party
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by bigfrido(m): 1:46pm On Dec 26, 2019
Stop lying.
Jonathan alone borrowed over 50 billion dollars.
Buhari has borrowed on 16 billion dollars.
The value of debt when Jonathan left office as against what it's been since Buhari took over (2018 figures) can be seen below.

are u sure u r a Nigerian?
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by rusher14: 1:49pm On Dec 26, 2019
benzion72:

When APC cannot lay hand on achievement they change the narration before it is 16 years of PDP misrule after having five of their own they change it to crude oil price is low when the crude appreciated and nothing to show they change it to you need to suffer before enjoyment. Yet they are borrowing like hell despite telling us they have recovered trillion honestly it is a deceptive party

Jonathan borrowed 50 Billion Dollars and left a 63 Billion Dollar debt when he left office.

What yardstick should we use?

From a different country?

Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by bejeria101(m): 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
E pain am lol.
Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by Pataricatering(f): 1:53pm On Dec 26, 2019
Sometimes I’d wonder how people want Nigeria run d way they won’t run their households ! Just share d money mentality as if that’s how they share d money in their household ! They will save to build house , save to open shop for another source of income , save to send their children to school but they like how PDP was sharing d money - they don’t see d sense in a bit of sacrifice to build a greater country ! Thank Gof for the people who understand what PMB is trying to do .
rusher14:
Nigeria's best ever president.
History would be kind to you.

I'm certain that by the end of your tenure we would see how much development took place under your leadership.

Many do not understand the concept of sacrifice before gratification. The reason Nigeria has always been a sleeping giant.

Watch how 2020 swings the pendulum in the positive direction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: If You Like, Call Me Baba Go Slow by prof12(m): 1:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
slimfit1:
You are clueless baba, baba clueless.

Buhari is not responsible for your poor standard of leaving. He only stopped looters from draining this country of it's resources and closed borders where smugglers bring goods illegally. Unless you are in any of those categories.

He is not owing workers, rather he improved their standard of leaving by increasing the minimum wage, he has paid people who were being owed several years before he came, he is not closing legitimate businesses of the people, he is building the country's infrastructure more than has ever been done before. He is equally strengthening policies that encourage transparency and accountability. Like; the ease of doing business, TSA, BVN, wistful blowing, executive order numbers 4,5,6 and 7, fight against corruption etc.

Even the border closure that has immensely encouraged local farmers is a very big plus that has created a lot of employment opportunities. So if you are worse of this time around, then it's either you have not taught out of the box or that you have been on illegitimate business which got affected by the current government policies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Rabiu Kwankwaso With His Gun During Obasanjo's Tenure / Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Amaechi, Others At APC Caucus Meeting In Abuja / Final Solution To Corruption In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.