Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram (52504 Views)

Pastor Polycarp Zongo Kidnapped By Boko Haram, Regains Freedom (Photos) / Reverend Polycap Zango Kidnapped By Boko Haram (Video) / Senator Dino Melaye Kidnapped By Unknown Gunmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by skyfather09(m): 11:35am On Dec 26, 2019
money no dey Boko boys don dey kidnap... bastard
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by eclecticbaron: 11:45am On Dec 26, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

So kidnapping one girl as a guerrilla group they have now been reduced to means they are still largely active?

Do you have any idea what it takes to fight terrorism?

Do you not remember that pre 2015 BH were already freely entering ABUJA? Do you know how far ABUJA is from BORNO yet they could gain access easily and very easily bombed the UN building there among other bombings?

So a once violent terrorist group being reduced to kidnappings means they are still active?

You have a very amazing mentality

Haba Oga, we are not quarrelling its just that you painted a picture of BH not being that dangerous anymore grin
So from what you've said, its obvious Borno is not safe for people on civi street. You've been able to restrict their activities to Borno. One kobo from my amazing mentality.
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by donteddy(m): 11:52am On Dec 26, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

I am scared of disclosing this cos i dont know the intentions of many here... Make Army no use me shine... Tho i got lots of Army friends and we usually chill at Gidan Martha of Papi's place

Guy Abeg luck up. I don't like talking about things happening on this platform cos they will tribalize and politicize it. We that are working there really know the truth. I usually read comments and shake my head at some ignorance. Fear now is even mino, Jankana axis boys no fit go see family again cos of fear.
And for those of you thinking those guys have been curtailed SHM

3 Likes

Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by APOSTLECHUMA: 11:54am On Dec 26, 2019
ALL SHOULD BE THANKING GOD FOR ISLAM BECAUSE WITHOUT ISLAM,THE WORLD WOULD NOT HAVE KNOWN THE VALUE OF PEACE.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Kenturkey048(m): 11:56am On Dec 26, 2019
donteddy:

Guy Abeg luck up. I don't like talking about things happening on this platform cos they will tribalize and politicize it. We that are working there really know the truth. I usually read comments and shake my head at some ignorance. Fear now is even mino, Jankana axis boys no fit go see family again cos of fear.
Hope that newly commissioned civilian officer can read this.. ColonelEmeka ...

Lai Mohammed elder son.All you do is comparing pre-2014 to post-2014 from the comfort of your room..
A regime that have concealed all information from NE solely because they want us to belief their propergated lies....
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Mordecai(m): 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
danny34:
Which humanitarian worker in Borno does not know that Monguno - Maiduguri road is a no go area. I have friends implementing GBV intervention in Monguno. They fly chopper to the place and back to base in Maiduguri.

This to me is very very uncalled for. Why would she talk that risk? Even if office refuse to book chopper for her, why didn't she book with her money?

Hope others learn from this.

Very unwise words. Highly unwise.
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by donteddy(m): 12:07pm On Dec 26, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

The fact that they kidnapped does not mean they came dressed with BH insignia. For such a sucessful kidnap they would come dressed like civilians but only reveal their identity and that they were behind the kidnap after it was successful.

Do not assume they roam in vehicles or with clothing clearly marked Boko Haram because they do not. The only time the do this is when they make one of their forays to engage our military in a firefight and not for a kidnap. Can you tell them apart from civilians when they dress like civilians?

Pls I don't know who u really are. Pls don't miss inform ppl. Life is at stake here. Your first paragraph is misleading. This ppl kit up like in military regalia, Hilux vehicle and gun truck. Little difference might be d type of foot wear and what de cover on there head. Beside they do full stops and search if your look and � card name interest them the rest is history.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by paix(m): 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
lovat:
I thought the idiotic buhari said BH has been defeated
Technically.
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by zoezoelogistics(m): 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

One of the ISWAP members said she belongsto Him

I dey ply that road steady oh

Now I'm scared how I'll ply it next week back to my Monguno base.

What da heck.
You ply that route too.
What exactly are you doing there gan gan that you can’t relocate and start life else where.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by ColonelEmeka: 12:23pm On Dec 26, 2019
donteddy:

Pls I don't know who u really are. Pls don't miss inform ppl. Life is at stake here. Your first paragraph is misleading. This ppl kit up like in military regalia, Hilux vehicle and gun truck. Little difference might be d type of foot wear and what de cover on there head. Beside they do full stops and search if your look and � card name interest them the rest is history.

You are saying the same thing as i am. They may dress like our military without their Boko Haram insignia. Read my post again. My emphasis is on how to identify they are BH.

Do they go around when they kidnap with their BH insignia boldly displayed letting everyone know who they are or do they announce who they are after a successful kidnap?

So since we are both saying the same thing does it mean we are both misinforming people?

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:24pm On Dec 26, 2019
donteddy:

Me no fit try that Auno,Benisheikh, Mainok axis oh. Once i wanna travel for leave i just book Air to Abuja. Although it's cost demanding on me. But i no get option
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Nanatrendy(f): 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2019
Is she a nurse? Why do they always target females cowards
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by richidinho(m): 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

I am scared of disclosing this cos i dont know the intentions of many here... Make Army no use me shine... Tho i got lots of Army friends and we usually chill at Gidan Martha of Papi's place

Hahahaha..my hood

Send me a msg pls
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Chukwurah003: 12:33pm On Dec 26, 2019
Day2logic:
As it is the Nigerian Government knows nothing about Nigeria, 3 days before Christmas, saw a man offload 8 bags of foreign rice both India and Thailand. I engaged the guy in an argument and what I learned from that little argument gave me goosebumps, if indeed the Nigeria government is playing its citizen like this, we should just forget this country. I truly believe in Nigeria but why’s every previous administration better than the next?
I know a responsible country won’t negotiate with terrorists, while GEJ was president, BH asked that PMB be the negotiator, can we say they don’t recognize him anymore or what?
Another thing that troubles my mind is, I understand that the only good thing about the country is its big population but if the population is not benefiting its citizens what’s the use?
If Benin has 11.4millions people, Niger 22.4 and Togo 7.9m. Why can’t this country be divided? It will do more good than harm. Or better yet restructured, make every state independent?

Which previous administration is better

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Chukwurah003: 12:34pm On Dec 26, 2019
lovat:
This is what happens when ignorant people get internet access
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by donteddy(m): 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Me no fit try that Auno,Benisheikh, Mainok axis oh. Once i wanna travel for leave i just book Air to Abuja. Although it's cost demanding on me. But i no get option

It was blocked today. They just opened it few minutes ago. Still de fear the rd. How I wish they can return check point to those places. That's the only escape route we all have.
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
Galadimabawa:

Guy pack wel abeg, their is a big difference between I was there and I want to be there.
And there's a big difference between I speak English and I kill English tongue
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by AbdulCLO: 12:48pm On Dec 26, 2019
fighting gorilla warfare is more difficult for any army in the world. Bokoharam are using gorilla tactics which is attack, run and hide and this is very difficult for armies. They gorrilar fighthers only comeout to fight when nobody list expected. Example are arm robbers on the high ways. You embark on a journey and you never expect that there will be someone that will just come out of the Bush and Rob you or kiddnap you. Most of these go filled fighters and bokoharam are in our midst they will disguise. So of people don't identify them or community or family members then it will be very difficult for armies to get them because thy move around they hardly stay in one place and mostly they stay with people and pretend to do legitimate business..........

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Habeyy(m): 12:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
We need Rodgers Nicholas at this point
That man is a fine well refined military officer
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:01pm On Dec 26, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

Early 2014 Boko Haram controlled 20 Local governments in Borno. a few months to the elections of 2015 they were pushed back and 17 Local governments were reclaimed by the army. They only held 3 local governments and this was back in 2015 before the elections under GEJ.

Post 2015, ALL LOCAL GOVERNMENTS were reclaimed with BH driven back to Chad where they are making forays from today.

However because of these forays they make some roads in Borno are considered dangerous to ply. This does not mean they operate from within Nigeria but that one can still run into them during one of their forays from their new base in Chad.

Distance from Maiduguri to Chad is about 90km less than the distance from Lagos to Benin city. Better yet it is like the distance from Lagos to Ogbomoso. That is how short the distance is so it makes it easy for them to cover that distance in and out.
Maiduguri to Chad can't be 90km. Maiduguri to Ndjamena is more than 200km. Just as Lagos to Ogbomosho is not 90km Lagos-Ibadan is 115km. Ibadan-Ogbomoso is also 100km thereabout. You can figure out the rest
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
Chukwurah003:

Which previous administration is better

Obj’s better than Jonathan’s no? And GED’s better than this present administration. No?
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
AbdulCLO:
fighting gorilla warfare is more difficult for any army in the world. Bokoharam are using gorilla tactics which is attack, run and hide and this is very difficult for armies. They gorrilar fighthers only comeout to fight when nobody list expected. Example are arm robbers on the high ways. You embark on a journey and you never expect that there will be someone that will just come out of the Bush and Rob you or kiddnap you. Most of these go filled fighters and bokoharam are in our midst they will disguise. So of people don't identify them or community or family members then it will be very difficult for armies to get them because thy move around they hardly stay in one place and mostly they stay with people and pretend to do legitimate business..........
I don't think this is issues of gorrilar warfare, the Nigeria army doesn't seems to be on the attack, I donno if they lack intelligent or something. But the are more on the defense. You don't have to wait for Boko Haram to come out attack and run back to hiding. Use ur intelligent to get their location attack them unexpectedly with the air Force and ground troops move into the next location but instead they just build base and stay ideal waiting for bh to attack so u can counter. Even some army has brought out gist of how they will be on mission and one oga will call them to retreat half way through the mission. If Nigeria govt was serious about Boko Haram and iswap they would have ended since, we have Chad army, Cameron army and Nigeria army dealing with this guys just around sambisa forest and the lack Chad region but it seems sambisa forest and now bigger than Sahara desert that these three set of army and air Force cannot cover.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2019
Jimi24:

There is a difference between Boko rampaging through territory and Boko Haram controlling territory.
Even in Lagos State, there are places very far from the reach of law enforcement but that does not mean that LASG is not in control of 100% of Lagos.

Boko Haram remains technically defeated but they can scurry around and still attack civilians and weakly defended military formations.

We need to properlybunderstand what is called an insurgency.
Funny enough, none of these bastards showed such deep knowledge of English and insurgency during the Jonathan years. Now that their man is on the saddle, they suddenly develop expert understanding and perception of insurgency vocabulary

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Kingsean(m): 1:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Amen bro. If i eventually leave here alive i am going to write a book about this insurgency. I Have lost several military and humanitarian friends i met here

I'm really scared especially with this Iswap. i hope Nigeria doesn't turn into iraq or syria. can i send a private msg?
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Qadaffi2idiamin: 1:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
The principalities of darkness in aso rock will say they are doing everything they can to free her.

Remember Leah:

DSS and NIA are not doing there job but are busy looking for who to arrest for talking on social media.

Craise people
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by ColonelEmeka: 1:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

Maiduguri to Chad can't be 90km. Maiduguri to Ndjamena is more than 200km. Just as Lagos to Ogbomosho is not 90km Lagos-Ibadan is 115km. Ibadan-Ogbomoso is also 100km thereabout. You can figure out the rest

Read my post again. I said Maiduguri to Chad is 90km LESS than the distance from Lagos to Benin City. (It is one full sentence with no fullstop after 90km)

Lagos to ogbomoso is about 240km

Maiduguri to N'Jamena is about 270km

Lagos to Benin City is about 320km which is why i said the distance from Maiduguri to Chad is about 90km LESS than the distance between Lagos and Benin City
Stop being ignorant if you do not know how to know distances

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:02pm On Dec 26, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

Read my post again. I said Maiduguri to Chad is 90km LESS than the distance from Lagos to Benin City.

Lagos to ogbomoso is about 240km

Maiduguri to N'Jamena is about 270km

Lagos to Benin City is about 320km which is why i said the distance from Maiduguri to Chad is about 90km LESS than the distance between Lagos and Benin City
Stop being ignorant if you do not know how to know distances
Taken.
So how exactly is 270km a short distance in ur estimation. I hope you realise traveling from Lagos to Ogbomosho is a northwards traverse from south to north of the whole of the south west.
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by WelcomeToBiafra: 2:02pm On Dec 26, 2019
lovat:

Boko Haram will employ her for they will make use of her skill.
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by ColonelEmeka: 2:07pm On Dec 26, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

Taken.
So how exactly is 270km a short distance in ur estimation. I hope you realise traveling from Lagos to Ogbomosho is a northwards traverse from south to north of the whole of the south west.

Gosh! My comparison is between the distance from Maiduguri to Chad and the distance from Lagos to Benin city.

Maiduguri to Chad is 270km
Lagos to benin is 320km

This makes the distance from Maiduguri to chad shorter

In order to drive my point home per shortness of such a distance i now used the distance from Lagos to Ogbomoso which is about 240km because it is the closest distance i could get comparable to the distance between Maiduguri and Chad as a physical illustration of distance

is it clear now?

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:30pm On Dec 26, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

Gosh! My comparison is between the distance from Maiduguri to Chad and the distance from Lagos to Benin city.

Maiduguri to Chad is 270km
Lagos to benin is 320km

This makes the distance from Maiduguri to chad shorter

In order to drive my point home per shortness of such a distance i now used the distance from Lagos to Ogbomoso which is about 240km because it is the closest distance i could get comparable to the distance between Maiduguri and Chad as a physical illustration of distance

is it clear now?
My question to you is simple. How is 270km a short distance? You claimed Maiduguri to Chad is short. If a band of criminals can travel 270km to kidnap individuals and return back to base safely, is it sensible to refer to such a group as defeated? Moreso when that 270km is the distance of an entire region of the country
Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by ColonelEmeka: 2:39pm On Dec 26, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

My question to you is simple. How is 270km a short distance? You claimed Maiduguri to Chad is short. If a band of criminals can travel 270km to kidnap individuals and return back to base safely, is it sensible to refer to such a group as defeated? Moreso when that 270km is the distance of an entire region of the country

I did not say SHORT i said SHORTER because it is a comparison. My God!

Travelling from Lagos to ogbomoso takes 4hrs or less approximately. Do you think these people travel on the main roads all through their trips?

Most of these trips are embarked on at night by these people plus there was a report given by some rescued NGO workers from the hands of BH and they narrated that they travelled for about 4hrs through bushes and even crossed a river before they got to their destination.

This should let you know where they are coming from and how far away it is

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Ukambong Samuel Kidnapped By Boko Haram by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:47pm On Dec 26, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

I did not say SHORT i said SHORTER because it is a comparison. My God!

Travelling from Lagos to ogbomoso takes 4hrs or less approximately. Do you think these people travel on the main roads all through their trips?

Most of these trips are embarked on at night by these people plus there was a report given by some rescued NGO workers from the hands of BH and they narrated that they travelled for about 4hrs through bushes and even crossed a river before they got to their destination.

This should let you know where they are coming from and how far away it is

That is how short the distance is so it makes it easy for them to cover that distance in and out.
This is from ur initial post I quoted. For an area that is a theatre of war, whether bush paths or main roads, 4hrs or 8hrs is a lot of time for terrorists to be comfortable moving about. If there have been previous reports of kidnap routes, by now such routes should be extensively blocked moreso leading to the state capital. Else, what's to stop these guys passing through the bushes to wreck havoc on Maiduguri? If you're familiar with north, you'll realise so many scanty villages and hamlets litter bushes there, some of such places there's no electricity nor phone services. If such areas are easy routes for Boko haram, then it is safe to say they are in control of such areas.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Being Dressed By His Children In Daura / Fisherman Endorses Buhari With A Very Big Fish (photo) / Oshiomhole And Iara At The Coronation Of The Oba Of Benin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.