Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho (9929 Views)

Synw Congratulates Prof. Kole Omotosho At 80 / Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie / Once Upon A First Love Story By Tope Omotosho. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
Korede Williams was a tall, handsome guy. He was kind-hearted and loving. Mostly especially to his family and his then girlfriend; a name Adesewa couldn't remember at the time. They didn't get married. Adesewa really wanted to know why Korede had left her, but Adesewa didn't know how to bring up the topic without sounding nosey.
Adesewa knew there was a time when she had crushed on him and hoped for their going out, but the crush had fizzled out and life had happened. Moreover, he was not into the whole Christianity and they never really had much in common except for their love for good food and movies.
"So what else have you been up to?" She asked him over lunch at classy restaurant at Victoria Island.
He cleaned the sides of his mouth with a napkin. "Asides business? Getting to know God better."
Her eyes widened. "Wow."
He chuckled. "You didn't expect that answer from me abi?"
"I'm sorry. It's just surprisingly good news."
"Wait o. . . is the news surprisingly good or both surprising and good?"
She laughed. "Surprising and good."
"Thank you."
"So how did it happen? Please share your salvation story with me." She lifted up her glass of orange juice and took a sip. This was a story she wanted to hear.
His eyes lit up. "Trust me, it's a somewhat funny story. I went to visit my sister in Abuja and she brought up the idea of going to church. I was curious 'cause I couldn't believe Ezinne wanted to attend church. So I tagged along. The Message absorbed me and made me question myself. I mean, I left church that day asking myself who I really was and why I was in this world. But my sister on the other hand was more interested in hooking up with the pastor."
"What?!" Adesewa’s hand flew to her mouth as she tried to contain her laughter and shock at what his sister did. It didn’t deter Korede from continuing with his story.
"And so I was amazed at what she was doing, but I was more interested in going back to the church and learning more. That was when I made the decision to give my life to Christ. There had just been this emptiness in my life that suddenly got filled up. I had this joy, peace. It was amazing. I felt like I had finally reached my last bus-stop of searching. Do you understand or am I just rambling?"
"You aren't rambling. I totally understand. I felt that way when I gave my life to Christ and again when I rededicated my life to Him after I fell off the wagon."
Korede sat back and stared at her. "What happened? I always knew you to be the disciplined type."
Adesewa shrugged. "It's not only self-discipline that keeps one going in Christ. I discovered I needed more of God than self. I just got engrossed with work and I gradually drifted away; putting more of my priorities on work than Him. But His love made me find my way back. Now I have a bargain with God to study more of His Word and grow."
He nodded. "Cool. I'm glad to hear that, but you know it's not just studying His Word alone. You should also seek to have a relationship with Him."
She nodded. It was refreshing to be able to have this kind of conversation with someone else who understood what she was about.
"And how's Ezinne?"
He sighed. "She doesn't talk to me that much; feels I betrayed her by giving my life to Christ. That all we needed was each other. Anyway, I'm praying for her." He smiled. "Wouldn't mind if you join me as well."
"Sure, I will."
Adesewa checked the time on her wristwatch. Her flight to Abuja was in five hours and she still had to get home. "I'm really sorry to cut this short-"
"But you have a flight to catch. I'm happy we could spend time trying to catch up, and I wouldn't mind doing it again. "
"Me too. I would let you know when I get back."
He shook his head. "It doesn't have to be till you get back. We could chat."
She laughed. "Okay then."

3 Likes

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by Ann2012(f): 1:15pm On Jan 03, 2020
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by Ann2012(f): 1:16pm On Jan 03, 2020
Skubido Izaray toyhin123 prudysara purity23 youngbruzzy come and read oiiiii

1 Like

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by YoungBruzzy(m): 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
Ann2012:
Thanks honcheesy as you don invite my second wive now, Darris good. PrudySara, any comment on that cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 5:45pm On Jan 03, 2020

He had never felt this alone in a long time and he was getting tired. He had dropped off Ulunma at his parents’ house.
He needed to clear his head.
All of a sudden life looked so bleak and empty without people around him; people who cared and loved him. But then he wanted to know the truth about Ebuka and Adesewa and so he walked over to his friend’s office that Wednesday morning. He was on a call when he walked in.
"Yeah. Abeg, let me call you back. I get matter for ground. Alright then, cheers." He dropped the call and faced Daniel.
"Kong man. Wetin happen? Why your face hard so?"
"Ebuka. We've been best friends for some years now and I would appreciate the truth from you."
His friend leaned back on his seat. "Sure."
"Did you have anything to do with Ade?"
"As-per? "
"Did you and Adesewa go out? Did you guys have sex?"
Ebuka looked away from him and rubbed the small stubble on his chin. He sighed and looked back at Daniel. "Why are you doing this to yourself Daniel? Why do you take pleasure in hurting yourself?"
"That's not what I asked you."
"So if something happened between us wetin you wan come do? Kill yourself? I don tire for una."
"Ebuka, just answer."
"Yeah, I slept with her. We had sex. But it was more of revenge for what you did to her. It wasn't out of love or passion. It was just raw se-"
Daniel didn’t let the last word come out of Ebuka’s mouth 'cause of the punch that landed on him.
"You're a bastard! How could you do that to my girl?"
Ebuka touched his lips and swiped away the little blood. He laughed. "Your girl? Please get real. She stopped being your girl a long time ago."
"Shut up!"
Ebuka let out an expletive. "You sef listen to the truth. You have hurt that girl enough. Yes, we both wronged you by having sex with each other but what happened has happened. You guys weren’t even together. Get over it and live life. She has moved on and you should do the same."
"The both of you are dating?"
Ebuka shook his head and took out a couple of Kleenex and spat into it. "No, she's not interested in me the way I'm interested in her. She needs a Christian man that gets her. Someone God wants for her. Her words not mine. But you don't see me crying over it. Life goes on man."
Daniel took a seat, trying to take everything in.

2 Likes

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 11:16pm On Jan 03, 2020
Chapter Seven

Emptiness and sadness were mostly what he felt these days. It was never in him to react the way he had in the past few months, but then no one could predict what a person could or couldn’t do when in dire need.
Daniel rubbed his forehead gently and stifled a yawn.
The apartment was empty and he missed Ulunma’s cries for attention. He missed her laughter and all her cute sounds. It had been more than two weeks since he last saw her but he called every once in a while to ask how she was. He been too consumed with his obsession for Adesewa.
This morning he was determined to drive over to his parents house to greet her. He would meet his mother at the gate of their house to drop some things off for Ulunma. His father had made it clear he didn’t want to see him until he got back together with Efe and Daniel wasn’t interested in giving his father his wish.
Daniel felt he was old enough to make his decisions without his father's influence, and when he was settled he would take his daughter out of their house. If his father wanted to see his grand-daughter Daniel knew he would drop all his silly demands and come visit. All was just a matter of time. First of he needed to get his head straight and know what he wanted in his life.
Daniel made his way to the kitchen and hustled a breakfast of Fried egg with the agege bread he had bought earlier in the morning. There was nothing else at home so he would have to add a few groceries to his list while shopping for his daughter.
The drive to the grocery store took ten minutes and he purposed to spend even fewer time picking all that he needed.
"Hello. I knew I would see you again."
Daniel spun around to see a pretty young woman with her hair packed smiling at him, despite the tired expression on her face.
He picked the sugar he wanted and dropped it in the shopping cart. "Hello. Have we met before?"
"Yes, we have. I gave you a tract sometime ago and invited you to church. Remember? Your little girl was taking some ice-cream at the time."
"Oh! Yeah, I can. How are you doing? You doing evangelism again today?" He asked they both walked down the aisle and he continued with his shopping.
She shook her head. "No. But then evangelism should be done every day. I talk to people about Jesus whenever I have the opportunity." She wiped the trickles of sweat off her forehead still smiling at him.
Why is she sweating in this air-conditioned room?
"Are you okay?"
"Yes. Just did some exercise a while back. How's your daughter?"
"She's great. Please, remind of your name again."
She smiled. "Mitchell." She stopped at the egg section and placed a pack of six eggs in her cart. "And I recall you said your name is Daniel."
Daniel felt embarrassed that he had forgotten hers. She caught on to it and said, "It's fine. I almost forgot, but then the Holy Spirit reminded me. You know God loves you right?"
I used to know that... now I doubt it. Daniel asked, "How do you know He loves me? 'Cause it's written in the bible?"
"No."
"So how do you know?"
"Because He reminded me of your name. It means He cares about you. It means He's interested in you and He has great plans for you."
Daniel couldn't help but laugh. "I'm sorry. You know all these because you remembered my name?"
She didn’t look offended. "No. I know because He told me. He reminded me of your name."
Daniel shook his head again. "Maybe we can continue this conversation some other time."
"Would you come to my church this evening at 5? We're having bible study for men and women and afterwards we can talk."
The idea wasn't so bad to him. It had been a long time since he had gone to his own church after they had suspended him from singing after finding out about his actions. Maybe going elsewhere would help him. Or maybe staying away from God is best...
"Would you?"
"I would think about it. What's the address of your church?"
She reached into her purse and got out a piece of paper and gave it him.
"Okay? Aren't you going to write the address down?"
"I've already written it down. Like I said, I knew we would see. Have a great day and see you later on."
She walked away from him and went straight to the cashier while Daniel was left staring at her and the paper. It would have been completely strange to him if he didn't know God at all. But he knew and for a brief moment he wondered what was happening.

2 Likes

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 8:18am On Jan 04, 2020

He tossed the files on the table and rubbed his eyes tiredly. The meeting with the various head of departments in the company, as well as with the MD, had taken longer than he had thought it would. They had argued over his decisions on the company’s end of the year party. It was apparent most people expected him to fail ‘cause of the little errors he had pointed out when they had planned the events themselves.
But then this year’s event was different.
This time around they were celebrating ten years anniversary of the company, so there were going to be a lot of dignitaries around. Hence, the need to discuss his plans with his colleagues.
Amanze loosed his tie a little and sat down on his chair. He had met a couple of event planners some time ago who, despite not being in the limelight, were great at their job and worked with some vendors that were equally good.
A knock on his door drew him out of his thoughts and he asked whoever it was to come in. A smile crept up on his face as soon as Efe walked in, looking good in a blue fitted gown. Lately, she had changed her wardrobe and was dressing more classier. He loved the change.
“Good evening sir,” She said.
“Efe, what’s up?”
"I just wanted to check up on you and ask if you're okay. How was the meeting?"
"It was good. Have a seat."
Efe moved towards his table and took the seat adjacent to him. Amanze could remember the two kisses. It felt like an eternity now.
"It's getting late. When are you heading home?"
"Very soon. Just wanted to check up on you first. You mentioned this was a big meeting for you."
He nodded. "Yeah. It went well. Not fantastically well but it could have been better. I wish I could just go home to a wife and some home-cooked meal to lift my spirit."
Efe kept quiet but looked away from him.
"When are you inviting me over for lunch?"
She looked back at him. "You want me to cook for you?"
"I would like to taste your cooking and maybe we can schedule a tourism of some sort. What do you say?"
Please, say yes.
"I'll think about it."
"Okay. No pressure."

1 Like

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by Ann2012(f): 9:14am On Jan 04, 2020
Interesting as always

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2020

She licked the ice-cream off her spoon and stared at the both of them and held back the need to laugh. Who knew two adults over their thirties could behave like babies? Ever since she got to Abuja two days ago, she could feel the tension between the both of them.
Tired of the whole thing, Adesewa uncrossed her legs and dropped her bowl of ice-cream on the table beside her and said, “You girls seriously need to patch things up or else this whole wedding process won’t be enjoyable for either one of us.”
“I beg to differ,” Zainab said nonchalantly.
Adesewa rolled her eyes.
“What? I already said there’s nothing wrong.” Zainab said and scratched her small afro.
“That’s a lie and we all know it.” Adesewa faced Audrey, “Babe, what happened?”
Audrey turned to look at Zainab briefly and looked back at Adesewa. “Zainab is just being very annoying. I don’t know if she’s been having her period for weeks or it’s just in her nature to be so.”
“Okay.” I think we all know that already. “What happened? What did she do?”
“I don’t know for her -”
“You need to mind your own business!” Zainab spat at her. “That’s the major problem I have with you, aproko!”
Audrey gasped. “Me! Aproko?”
Adesewa quickly stepped in before they began exchanging words the both of them would regret.
“Okay calm down and let’s go one after the other. Audrey keep talking.”
“There’s this babe that has offered countless times to help Zainab with the wedding preparations and miss high and mighty, I-don’t-need-nobody here is rejecting her offer. The babe was coming here almost every single day offering to help but Zainab was acting all snobby to her. So what’s my offence? I simply asked why she didn’t want her help, after-all this babe is a complete fashionista and so boxed-up she can handle the whole thing. Zainab just decided to treat me like rubbish just for asking!”
Zainab hissed. “You deserved it.”
Adesewa held up her hand. “Don’t say that. Besides, it’s not your turn to speak.”
“Like seriously I don’t have time for this rubbish.” Zainab made to stand up but a hard stare from Adesewa made her change her mind, though grudgingly.
“Audrey are you done?”
She nodded and flipped her hair backwards and crossed her arms.
“Okay who’s this babe Audrey is talking about Zee?” Zainab shrugged her slim shoulders. “No one.”
Adesewa was getting frustrated. “Zee nau. . .”
“Sonia.”
Adesewa’s face contorted into a frown. “Sonia? Sonia Blaq?”
“The same one.”
“Oh . . .”
Audrey looked confused but then understanding dawned on her. “Oh wow. I’m the only one left out of the loop. Fantastic!”
"I'm sorry Audrey. I'm sure Zainab would tell you when she's ready. The memories are a little too painful for her."
Audrey got up and wore her slippers. "Whatever. You know the way the both of you behave one would think you guys are lesbians or something. When you guys are ready to leave let me know." With that she walked out on them, obviously wanting to give them privacy.
"Zee, does IK know?"
"No. I don’t plan on telling him."
"Ahan. . . you have to. Wouldn’t you want to know such information if it were you?"
"No. Please drop the matter. I've told her I'm not interested and she keeps coming to me. If she ever thinks of telling IK then she would regret it. I'm not one to be blackmailed. I'm not a child she can pushover. Enough is enough. Back then I was stupid. We had fun even in our university days. Fun with other girls as well, but I did it 'cause I felt empty. It became a norm for me to be with the same sex."
"So the emptiness is gone?"
She smiled. "No, I found better things to fill it. Drugs. They are better options than sleeping with Sonia or any other woman. I’m no longer into that."
Adesewa sighed. How could she ever explain to her best-friend that nothing but Jesus could take away that emptiness?

2 Likes

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by divinelypruned(f): 5:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
Thanks for the update, have been following you for some time now, hope you won't abandon it later.

Love your works, ride on
Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by millieademi: 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2020
Okay, I waited till the end before I commented.

Tope Omotosho, I believe I can say you've ruined foreign Christian romance for me. At least mostly.

This is impeccable. I can't wait to leave Brokelyn and buy your books. I swear you Nairaland writers will wreck me. God will sha provide.

God is using you, my sister. And I pray the anointing on your head doesn't run dry. May you remain His vessel.

I love your work.

Keep it up.

P.S. I've resent the email.
Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by skubido(m): 11:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ann2012:

Present ma

Don land ooooo. Thanks Ann2012. U too much

OP ur head dey there jhor,
Dey ur back

1 Like

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2020

Efe rinsed her hands and dried them on her jeans trousers and breathed out. The stew was almost done. The vegetable had long been ready, what was left was the poundo yam.
She would do that when Amanze came over. Till that moment she couldn't believe she had invited him over for lunch. She wished she could call and call off the whole thing but then what excuse would she give him? And would he even buy it?
Over the past few weeks her relationship with Amanze had moved unto a comfortable friendship. Pamela had noticed this. At first, she had expressed her shock at it and assumed there was something more between them. But Efe had quickly dispelled her assumptions and made her know nothing was going on between them and nothing may ever happen.
"You have a nice place here. You and Pamela live together? "
Efe nodded as she kept the bottle of water on the table and moved to dishing out their food.
"Without even tasting it I can tell it's delicious."
Efe chuckled. "Just because of the smell?" She shook her head. "Don't deceive yourself."
"I don't think – in fact, I don’t believe anything bad can come from you."
"I'm not God."
"But aren't we His children?"
Efe settled down on her seat once she was done serving. "Can you please pray for us?"
He said a prayer and they dug into their food. Amanze kept complimenting her on her culinary skills. Efe couldn't deny that she loved the attention she was now getting.
"So, tell me about your daughter. Eluwa?"
"Yes. She's beautiful. She's the best present I've ever gotten. She’s my little princess." Efe felt tears creep up in her eyes. "I miss her."
"When was the last time you heard from her?"
"Yesterday. She's with my er - mother-in-law. Her father is too incompetent to take care of her." She was surprised at the bitterness in her voice but then it was warranted. How could he abandon their daughter?
Amanze reached out his hand and held Efe’s. "It's all going to be fine dear. You'll see. You would get your daughter back."
Efe smiled and gently removed her hand from his to still her heart and the tingling sensation she felt from his touch.
God, am I falling in love with Amanze?

2 Likes

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 1:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
Chapter Eight

It was a few minutes to five when Daniel walked into Oakwood Christian Church and was greeted with a warm smile from a young man that pointed out a seat to him. Daniel tried to shake away his nervousness. He wasn’t sure if he had made the right decision coming over but time would tell. The room held different men of different ages. There were about twenty-plus of them there.
He took his seat and took a deep breath to calm his nerves. It was a plus for him that no one knew him; he didn’t need anyone looking at him and shaking their heads or confronting him. He just wanted to be on his own.
They were all seated for about ten minutes before the meeting started with a prayer from a bulky, elderly man in glasses and from there the bible study kicked off.
“I have had a few men walk up to me to ask all sorts of questions on living right with God and man, living chaste when we are surrounded with women who don’t care if their dressing is hurting a brother or not, being a good father to our children and so forth. Today, I want us to focus on one that deeply touched my heart and I’m sure is a great foundation for us all before we broach other topics. Today we talk on who we are as men. Not just any man, but a man dependent on God.”
Daniel swallowed hard. All of a sudden all of him screamed ‘get out!’ but he stayed put. He didn’t know what held his feet to the ground.
“I won’t lie to everyone in this room and say I have been the best of husbands or the best of fathers throughout my life. There have been times where I made mistakes I regretted and I was never the best God wanted me to be.” He laughed. “I was very far from it. Not that today I’m there already, but I can confidently say that I’m more dependent on God now than before, for living the kind of life He expected of me. Many of you here know my story. You know how I cheated on my wife and ran off with another woman.
“I had kids outside my matrimonial home. But God still brought me back home. I reconciled with my wife of thirty years,” Everyone in the room clapped loudly and a few shouted ‘praise God!’ while Daniel just stared at him; a lot of thoughts running through his mind. He had a lot of questions in him that needed answers. The elderly man raised his hand for them to stop and gradually everyone settled back to listen to him.
“All the glory belongs to God. After I reconciled with my wife, God gave me a mandate to teach His Word to men and let them know what He expects of them in life; as His son, as a husband to their wives, as a father to their biological and spiritual children and as leaders in the church and society. When God gave me that calling I looked at myself and my past and asked God why. Why would He tell me to do such when it’s clear I’m totally unqualified?” He smiled. “He told me words I have hid in my heart for the past twenty-years; that a broken clay can always be remoulded.”
Daniel watched as other men nodded. Others looking sober from the heaviness of his words.
“I ask each and every one of you in this room. What kind of man are you and are you dependent on God? When you answer that question it’s enough for you to know if you’re living the life God wants. How far have you fallen from the tree and then comes the question, how can I get back? When God created man He gave him certain things to do. Let’s turn our bibles to Genesis chapter two and let’s get started.”

2 Likes

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by Ann2012(f): 1:53pm On Jan 05, 2020
Reconciling wit God....

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 8:47pm On Jan 05, 2020

She held on to her tummy and laughed loudly.
“Seriously Korede? How could you do such a thing?” She flipped from her side to lay on her back. “How could you take your money back from a beggar?”
“I already explained why I did what I did. He was going to buy hard drugs and I wasn’t going to stand for it. He asked me for money to buy food. I gave him money, expecting him to buy food from the food joint not too far from me and the next thing I know he’s making contact with one guy to sell him weed.”
“How are you sure it was weed?”
“My dear, I saw the signs and I followed my instinct. I should have followed it initially. I just wanted to be the good guy and give when I noticed others weren’t giving the guy face. Anyway, I took the man to the food joint and bought him the food and gave him.”
Adesewa thought on it a bit then said, “Should we give to others just because God said we should or because He leads us to do so?”
He chuckled. “That’s the same question I was asking myself. God knows all things and He’s a good God who expects us to do good as well. So if we don’t help them does it mean we’re doing wrong or what? And if we do give to those who are just looking for the next cash to get weed, what do we do?”
“That’s a good question.” Adesewa sighed. “I really don’t know but what..."
Zainab walked into her room interrupting the conversation and sat down on the bed. Adesewa would have loved if she excused her till she was done with her conversation, but knowing her she wouldn’t even do that.
“Korede, can we talk later? I need to attend to maid-of-honour duties.”
“Sure. Would chat you up tomorrow. Take care.”
Why tomorrow? “Okay then. Bye.”
She hadn’t dropped the call when Zainab asked who Korede was. She ended the call and dropped the phone on her bed. “An old friend of mine. What’s so urgent that you couldn’t afford me the privacy to finish my call?”
She ignored her question. “So who’s this new guy that has you blushing and talking on the phone for twenty-two minutes?”
Adesewa frowned. “You were timing me?”
“Not on purpose. I just happened to look at the time when the guy called, hoping you would be done in the next ten minutes.” She shrugged. “I was wrong.”
“Okay. Since you’re here, what’s up?” She couldn’t wait to text Korede. Waiting to hear from him tomorrow seemed too far.
“Sonia called me a couple of hours ago and I’m not sure if I should take her threat seriously.”
Adesewa sat on the bed, Zainab had her full attention. “What threat?”
“She would tell IK everything. She has videos of our previous escapades. She said she would show them to him.”
“So what do you plan on doing? Your wedding is barely two weeks away. What does she want?”
“She wants us to continue what we once had.”
“Is she out of her mind? She should carry that her lesbian attitude elsewhere. Don’t give in to her demands Zee. Just tell IK. That guy loves you and I’m sure he would forgive your past mistakes. It’s not like you were with her while you were with him.”
Zainab looked away.
Adesewa reached out to touch her arm. “Right?”
“I was with her a couple of times when I was with I.K. There were times IK frustrated me and I felt she was the only one that could understand me. It was a long time ago though.”’
“What do you want to do about it?”
Her friend got up from the bed. “I would meet up with her.”
“What?!" Adesewa screamed. "That would be a big mistake.”
“It would be my mistake then. I can’t imagine how disgusted I.K would feel about all this.”
“He would understand if -”
“Sonia is my cousin!” She cut in. “We have been intimate with each-other. How do you expect him to understand? If you were in my shoes would you do the same thing and risk everyone finding out? I’ve been the black sheep enough. I don’t need to add to it.”
Adesewa shook her head. “I don’t agree with this, Zee. There’s always another way out.”
“By telling the truth? It could work for you but not for me, and don’t even think about telling I.K anything. Mind your business and focus on that new guy of yours. You’re my friend. Just support me.”
She walked out of the room.
Adesewa took off her wig and flung it on her pillow. The cool breeze combing it’s fingers through her weaves was very much welcome. She knew no words for her friend at that moment except for her to tell the truth. She had known about Zainab’s ‘girl-issues’ when she had stayed with her in Abuja a while back, when she was healing from Daniel when they broke up the first time.
She had been very sceptical of living with her . . . Extremely uncomfortable after the discovery, but Zainab had made it clear she didn’t see her in that light. Adesewa had kept her friend’s secret not really seeing the big deal in it and it was her own life to live. But now . . . Now things were different. Now, Adesewa believed she knew better.
Can I really support her?
She couldn’t seat back and watch her friend make a mistake. She couldn’t stand as her maid-of-honour if she was going to lie to her fiancé about something so bad.
Her conscience wouldn’t let her be.

2 Likes

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by Ann2012(f): 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2020
Hmmmm, Zainab better say the truth and damn the consequences.

1 Like

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 9:44am On Jan 06, 2020

Rumour was his daughter was no longer in her husband’s house and there was a possibility he had an illegitimate child. His congregation members were treating him the same way they treated his daughter; with disdain and disgust.
Eghosa flipped through the worn-out pages of his bible. It was the same bible he had used for the past fifteen years and the best book he had ever read in his life. He had followed God’s precepts one after the other and tried so much to live the life God expected of him . . . But these days he was losing faith.
He sat in on counselling sessions for a lot of people and even counselled them again after their marriage. People make mistakes but because it just happened to be from the Pastor’s daughter it was a crime. It gave room for them to doubt his capabilities to lead the church and counsel others.
Lord, is this my reward after so many years of serving You? Is this how it all comes to?
The passages came swiftly to his heart, Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth. But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice.
Eghosa smiled. The scriptures were from the book of psalm, a book he was currently studying and here was God comforting him through it. He knew everything would be all right. God was faithful and He was never late with His plans and purposes for His children Eghosa knew that but he wished he could know the plans of God for his daughters.
I.K, the young man dating his eldest daughter, had called to let him know they were getting married in two weeks and they would love for him to be there. Knowing his daughter may not be as willing to see him as his future son-in-law he had smiled and told him he would he there.
Efe was thriving at were she was serving but he had a feeling things were not as right as she claimed it to be. He had a heaviness in his heart to pray for her and he had been doing so. Felix informed him of their grand-daughter living with him for the time-being while Daniel got his act together.
If he ever gets it together.
He felt sad for the son he thought he had in him. A man that looked to have a promising future. Eghosa didn’t just feel sad for him but he also felt anger for how he had treated his daughter. But he did the best thing he could do for him as well . . . Pray. Pray for him to be all God wanted him to be. Pray for God’s plans for his life prevail despite how far he may have gone from God’s path for him. He was working at forgiving him, but it was difficult.
He chuckled to himself. He had preached forgiveness on different occasions but he was finding it hard to do it.
“Lord, give me grace. Help me forgive as you want me to. Even if he doesn’t get back with Efe,” The thought grieved his spirit, “even if down the line things go sour for us all . . . Help me forgive and love with the way you want me to. No matter how had it is.”

1 Like

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 10:30am On Jan 06, 2020

Her thoughts kept her awake most of the night that she hardly got any sleep. Last night she had asked God if she was falling in love with Amanze and did she truly expect Him to be supportive when He was clearly telling her to focus on Him and His love?
It was Friday morning and Efe was already at her desk sorting out files of the previous day. Amanze wasn’t at work yet and she looked forward to his coming but she also warned herself to be cautious. She already made the mistake of kissing him twice.
She resumed focus on her work, but it wasn’t long before Amanze walked over to her table on his way to his office with a huge smile on his face. It wasn’t just the smile that had him looking handsome that morning but the fitted navy-blue suit he wore that enunciated his broad shoulders.
“Good morning, Efe. How are you?” He asked.
She smiled a little. “Good morning, sir. Fine thank you and how was your night?”
“It was splendid.” And out of ear-shots he added. “I had the best date last night.” He winked at her and walked straight into his office.
Efe let out a breath. Who wouldn’t want a guy like Amanze? He’s a perfect gentleman and he’s considerate of my feelings. He doesn’t even care that I have a daughter.
He had told her how he would love to meet her daughter someday soon and probably the three of them could got get some ice-cream. The thought had warmed her heart and she could picture that perfect family she had always wanted. A man who would love her tenderly and the children they would have. A family filled with love and happiness. It wasn’t too much to ask for.
Aren’t you leaving me out of the picture? You don’t want a man whose heart is first sold out to me?
Efe sighed. God, I can’t help it. Each day I keep falling for him and I can’t help my heart.
Keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
She nodded to herself. So what do you expect of me God? What an I to do now?
Embrace My Love.
This was one of the times Efe felt like refusing to do what God expected from her. Especially when it was so hard. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. When she opened them a tall, slim beautiful woman was standing in-front of her with a handsome baby boy.
“Is that what they pay you to do? Sleep on the job?”
Efe proffered a smile that wasn’t entirely from her heart. Who is she to judge me? “Good morning ma, how may I help you?’
She didn’t smile back. “Please, tell your boss his baby mama is here to see him.”

1 Like

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by millieademi: 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2020
Akara ja s'epo!!!

And down the drain goes Efe's love for Amanze.

Mama should better embrace God's love.

Thanks, sis.

1 Like

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2020

“Why did you invite me to your church?”
They weren’t able to have their discussion after the meeting ‘cause she had rushed home afterwards. Now they sat together at her church just after the morning prayers as people filed out. Some weren’t in a hurry to leave while most dashed out clearly not wanting to be late to work or wherever it was they were headed to. Daniel on the other-hand had some minutes to kill before leaving.
“I told you, God wanted me to talk to you.”
Daniel found that so hard to believe after everything he had done to those he claimed to love and that loved him.
“What’s on your mind? I feel you have loads of questions to ask.”
He nodded.
“Can you answer my questions?”
She shrugged. “I can try. I have the Spirit of God in me.”
The church was almost empty and Daniel figured he would soon have to leave.
“Okay. What do you do when you make mistakes over and over again and keep apologizing to God but yet you still make the same mistakes?”
“I get up from my many mistakes and go back to God. I’m His child. No matter how much I hurt Him or wrong Him, He is still interested in me. There may be consequences for my actions but God still loves me. The bible says, for a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again . . . No matter how many times you fall you would still rise if you remain in Christ.”
“What if I fall more than seven times? What happens?”
“God would forgive you, but then it shows you aren’t completely relying on the strength of God to help you through your weaknesses or struggles. The bible teaches us as believers that it’s not right for us to sin over and over again that we make sin a lifestyle. Paul said . . .” she turned to look at him, “You know Paul right?”
Daniel nodded. Paul was the guy that thought he was doing God a favour by persecuting the Christians and stopping them from preaching about Jesus and His resurrection. Until Jesus appeared to him and told him he was persecuting Him by oppressing His people. That was how he believed.
“Right. So Paul said in Romans that what he wished to do wasn’t what he was doing ‘cause his flesh was opposed to it. But he said thank God for His grace made available to him to overcome sin. How much are you relying on God’s grace than your human strength?”
His phone rang then and he brought out his phone from his pants. It was Ebuka.
“I have to go now. I’m late for work.”
He rose and she did same.
“We would talk later then. Have a great day.”
“Yeah, and you too. Thanks for your time.”
She smiled. “Thank God.”
He made a dash to his car and got in. He drove off immediately but he wasn’t in a hurry to forget all Mitchell had said to him that morning.

1 Like

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2020

“Why did you invite me to your church?”
They weren’t able to have their discussion after the meeting ‘cause she had rushed home afterwards. Now they sat together at her church just after the morning prayers as people filed out. Some weren’t in a hurry to leave while most dashed out clearly not wanting to be late to work or wherever it was they were headed to. Daniel on the other-hand had some minutes to kill before leaving.
“I told you, God wanted me to talk to you.”
Daniel found that so hard to believe after everything he had done to those he claimed to love and that loved him.
“What’s on your mind? I feel you have loads of questions to ask.”
He nodded.
“Can you answer my questions?”
She shrugged. “I can try. I have the Spirit of God in me.”
The church was almost empty and Daniel figured he would soon have to leave.
“Okay. What do you do when you make mistakes over and over again and keep apologizing to God but yet you still make the same mistakes?”
“I get up from my many mistakes and go back to God. I’m His child. No matter how much I hurt Him or wrong Him, He is still interested in me. There may be consequences for my actions but God still loves me. The bible says, for a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again . . . No matter how many times you fall you would still rise if you remain in Christ.”
“What if I fall more than seven times? What happens?”
“God would forgive you, but then it shows you aren’t completely relying on the strength of God to help you through your weaknesses or struggles. The bible teaches us as believers that it’s not right for us to sin over and over again that we make sin a lifestyle. Paul said . . .” she turned to look at him, “You know Paul right?”
Daniel nodded. Paul was the guy that thought he was doing God a favour by persecuting the Christians and stopping them from preaching about Jesus and His resurrection. Until Jesus appeared to him and told him he was persecuting Him by oppressing His people. That was how he believed.
“Right. So Paul said in Romans that what he wished to do wasn’t what he was doing ‘cause his flesh was opposed to it. But he said thank God for His grace made available to him to overcome sin. How much are you relying on God’s grace than your human strength?”
His phone rang then and he brought out his phone from his pants. It was Ebuka.
“I have to go now. I’m late for work.”
He rose and she did same.
“We would talk later then. Have a great day.”
“Yeah, and you too. Thanks for your time.”
She smiled. “Thank God.”
He made a dash to his car and got in. He drove off immediately but he wasn’t in a hurry to forget all Mitchell had said to him that morning.

2 Likes

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2020
Are we still here?
Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by millieademi: 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2020
TopeOmotosho:
Are we still here?

Yeah.

We are waiting for a showdown

1 Like

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by tsquare299(m): 5:27pm On Jan 06, 2020
TopeOmotosho:
Are we still here?
yeah, well done.

1 Like

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 6:50pm On Jan 06, 2020
Thanks for following.

P.s If you're reading and you have questions, please feel free to send me an email smiley
Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 6:51pm On Jan 06, 2020
Chapter 9

She had always loved big families. Every-time she watched black-American Christmas movies or movies that had to do with big families coming together to celebrate the holidays, she always had this glee in her heart. The feel of having family surround you and care about you. The atmosphere of love and laughter . . . Joy and warmth. Looking at the family she had now it all just felt surreal. That the family of her dreams would remain in her dreams.
Just like her dreams of becoming a model.
Pamela heard the bus-conductor call out where she was headed to and she waved it down and quickly got in. She remained in thought once she was settled. She was fed-up with how her life was at the moment. The way she didn’t know what the next five years would be like. Maybe her father would have her married off to a well-to-do man and she would be a stay at home mum or work as a lawyer. She would have two or three kids and be juggling being a wife and mother. Her life would continue like that and her children would grow and she would be busy trying to climb up her career-ladder and later be sad or depressed because she never got to live her dreams.
She cringed.
The life seemed rather pathetic to her. She didn’t want that for herself. The rich man, one that she loved, and kids weren’t so bad. But to live a life she would regret later on? She didn’t want that happening. Her ordeal with Rex, the photographer, had turned out to be a waste of her time. The guy had made empty promises and used her for his own selfish ambitions. She didn’t want to think more on it lest it spoiled her mood.
She got down at her bus-stop and walked the familiar path to her parents house. She checked the time. Her siblings should be at school and her mum home; probably making one of her delicious meals.
Her stomach growled and her steps quickened. She hoped there was light as well so she could charge her phone. CDS had been a waste of her time and she had ended up chatting with friends both at the CDS and on-line and browsing the latest in the modelling world and checking out fashion tips.
“Mum,” Pamela said, announcing her presence once she knocked on the door and pressed the door-bell.
“I’m coming o!”
As soon as her mother opened the door the smell of afang soup wafted to her nostrils, as if welcoming her home with open arms.
She smiled broadly. “Good afternoon, ma.”
“Pam-pam. How are you my dear? How was CDS?” She asked as she stood aside to let her into their small accommodation. It was a two bedroom apartment. Her parents had shared one room, without them biting their heads off, and Pamela and her sisters had shared the other room. The only boy in the house slept on the couch.
“It was a waste of my time. Today we were just standing and doing nothing.”
“Eh-ya sorry. God will help our government o. We should be praying for them. Shey you’re hungry? I just finished cooking the soup and I’m boiling water to make eba.”
Pamela nodded. Her mother’s cooking was one of the things she missed since she left the house. No matter how much she tried to cook the soup it seemed she couldn’t attain the same taste as her mother’s.
Efe was trying her best to learn the different delicacies in Calabar. Pamela remembered the conversation they had about it.
“I’m trying to make the best use of my time here.” Efe had said.
“To cook for that your yeye husband? No offence.”
“Plenty taken.”
“Sorry.”
“I just want to learn. I’ve always liked the soups . . . Why not learn how to cook them?”
Pamela had shrugged. “Suit yourself.”

Pamela had a feeling her friend was still waiting for her husband. Why would she do that when she had a hunk of a boss interested in her? If Pamela had that choice she would stay with Amanze and just forget about her loser husband. It was the same thing she wanted her mother to do. Wasn’t she tired of her father that never showed her any attention and just treated her like rubbish?
“Mum,” Pamela started while she bit into a piece of meat, “When are you going to leave dad?”
Her mum looked at her with disdain. “What kind of silly question is that?”
“Mum, I don’t mean to be rude . . . But I’m just tired of how dad treats you. You deserve better mum. You keep saying you love dad and all that but don't you think all this love thing an exaggeration?”
She was beginning to think it was all over-rated.
Her mother adjusted her wrapper around her waist and heaved a sigh. Pamela knew her sighs so well. It could mean she was tired or she was building up steam to blast anyone that annoyed her.
“Pamela, just because your father and I have problems doesn’t mean divorce is the solution. There are a lot of couples who go through difficulties and have testified to a happy home since they stood together instead of separating.”
“What if dad is tired of you? What if he doesn’t love you any more?”
Her mother laughed. “Why would you think of such a thing?”
Maybe because he told it to my face that he doesn’t love you. Pamela shrugged. “I’m just asking. What if he doesn’t love you?”
“Then we would work it out between ourselves. It’s not for you to worry.” She reached out to touch Pamela’s hand that was free of soup stains. “And love is not an exaggeration. Love is the most beautiful thing. When you love, your love is not based on feelings . . . Haven’t I told you love goes on and on? How would you feel if I stopped loving you?”
Pamela smiled. “You can’t stop loving me . . . I’m your daughter. You don’t have a choice.”
Her mother smiled at her and removed her hand from hers.
"Once in a while we may think love is overrated . . . But we have to think differently, ‘cause love is all we’ve got.”
Pamela looked confused. “What do you mean?”
Her mother smiled. “Don’t worry. That’s another talk for another day. Oya, finish your food and tell me what’s going on with you.”

1 Like

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 9:25pm On Jan 06, 2020

His head bowed low and focused on the documents before him, he heard the door close but he didn’t bother looking up when he said, “What are you doing here, Kokoma? I thought we agreed you wouldn’t set foot in this company again.”
“I would have followed the agreement if you had followed yours as well. Didn’t we agree you would see the baby first before writing him off?”
He could smell the expensive perfume she always used. The smell of lavender teasing his nostrils. And then he heard the a sound that made him snap his head up sharply and gaze at the baby-boy his ex-girlfriend held in her arms.
He frowned at her. “You brought him here?!”
“His name is Ezra.” She dropped the baby bag on a chair and took the other, carefully placing the baby on her lap and smiling down at him before planting a kiss on his forehead.
“Why would you bring him here, Koko? I said I would come to him when I’m ready, bringing him here was unnecessary.”
“Amanze, I’m tired of it all. Haven’t you punished me enough? I mean . . . What I did was wrong and all but don’t you forgive? You once loved me . . . You held me in your arms and told me you loved me -”
“Not before I found out you were the office prostitute,” he cut in.
She moved a strand of her hair from her face and licked her red-stained lips “Don’t we all make mistakes?”
Amanze got up and backed her, facing the windows which gave him a clear view of the skies and whatever was happening on the streets. The sun was shone brightly and he could imagine there was a lot of heat outside.
“Amanze, please just do a DNA test and find out that Ezra is yours.”
“Why the name Ezra?”
“I named him after your grand-father.” He could hear the smile in her voice. “You mentioned him a couple of times and I know he meant a lot to you.”
He turned to look at her. “If this is some silly scheme to get me to soften up and get me back in your life . . . It’s not going to work. If at all I have anything to do with you it’s only going to be about the baby and that’s all. I have had enough of all your drama in my lifetime.”
She looked hurt by what he had said but shook it off. She looked at her watch and picked up the baby-bag. “Fine. Have it your way then. When would you like to have the DNA test?”
“Tomorrow.” He rambled the name of the hospital to her. “Meet me there at seven o’clock and let’s get it done.”
She rose. “Fine.” She walked over to him with Ezra in her arms and searched his eyes. Long ago those eyes had held him enthralled. He had looked into those eyes and told her he loved her times without number.
“We had so much fun together, don’t forget that. I know deep inside you still love me Amanze; you’re just fighting it. See you tomorrow.”
She moved to kiss him on the cheek but he jerked away from her. Unfazed, she walked back to her seat, picked her bag and walked out of his office . . . Leaving behind the smell of her.
He rubbed the back of his neck and took his seat. He was sure the office gossips would enjoy talking about it.
And what about Efe? What would she feel about this?
He didn’t want to talk about it now. At least not in the office. Just when things were looking up with the both of them this had to happen.
“What if the baby is mine?”
It was a possibility he couldn’t rule out.
His mother would be pleased to find out she was a grand-mother. He wouldn’t just abandon his child if he was really his. But one thing was sure, he wanted nothing to do with Kokoma.

1 Like

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by Ann2012(f): 10:31pm On Jan 06, 2020
TopeOmotosho:
Are we still here?

Yes oooo, 100%

How will Efe react to the baby mama ish
Thanks for the update
Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by drewsman: 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2020
We full ground o. Ride on dear
Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 10:04am On Jan 07, 2020

“God I’m so confused . . . I don’t know what to do. I need You. . . I don’t know how to help her.” Adesewa uttered the prayer. She didn’t know what she could do for Zainab except pray for her. No matter how she told her how wrong it was to continue in an illicit relationship with her cousin . . . Zainab would not pay heed to it.
Unless it was divine intervention.
She closed her eyes again and uttered another prayer for God to do something. The thought crossed her mind that probably she should just let things be and let Zainab live her life the way she wanted, but Adesewa knew if she was the one threading such path she would like to know.
Her thoughts drifted to Korede and how well they were relating with each-other. Things seemed to be moving fast and she was developing feelings for him. She didn;t want to get ahead of herself. No matter how much she may want him to be ‘the guy’ she didn’t want what God didn’t want. So she prayed for God’s direction hoped for the best, ‘cause that was what God had to offer . . . More than what she could give herself.
She heard her door open and opened her eyes to see Audrey walk in and seat on her bed. Adesewa sat up.
“What’s up?”
“I’m just worried about Zainab. I can’t shake the feeling that something is wrong. I know you know what’s happening and you won’t share it with me but we can both work on what to do to help her.”
Adesewa smiled a bit. “Yeah. Don’t take it to heart that she didn’t tell you. I’m privileged to know about it ‘cause I stayed with her in Abuja. Do you know if she has left the house?”
“I saw her leave when I was heading to your room. She looked nervous. That’s the first time I would ever see her look that way.”
Adesewa bit her lip.
“You know you have changed.” Audrey said. “You’re much more calmer than before. You don’t throw tantrums when things get out of control and then Daniel . . . You have totally left him behind now, and it seems to be for good.”
“I decided to be more serious with Jesus. That’s the major source of whatever positive change you’re seeing. Daniel? That chapter of my life is closed for good. I wish him well with whatever he’s doing as long as it has nothing to do with me.”
“You know I spoke to my brother. He said Daniel isn’t doing too well. He’s stopped going to church and has isolated himself from everyone. He even told me Ulunma is staying with his parents for the time being.”
“Let’s keep hoping for the best. Audrey - can I ask? Why don’t you believe like your brother?”
“I’m not ready.”
Adesewa was confused. “Ready as in?”
“I’m not ready to make all that commitment you guys make. I’m not ready to give up the good life I have.”
“I used to think I had a good life but there was always something missing. There was this empty feeling I had. You may think you’re living the good life but you’re not. All those things we all think we enjoy or not really worth it at the end of the day.”
Audrey let out a breath. “Okay. Hopefully I would change my mind someday.”
“Yeah.” Someday soon. She realized she hadn’t really being praying for Audrey as well. Guess she had more prayer points on her plate.

2 Likes

Re: SEPARATED By Tope Omotosho by TopeOmotosho(f): 11:04am On Jan 07, 2020

Pamela got home some minutes after nine and Efe walked out of the kitchen to welcome her. She looked worn-out.
“Hey, I was just about to call you. How come you stayed out late today?”
She dumped her bag on the floor and sat on the couch. “Went to see my mum jare. I ended up spending more time than I wanted and from there I went somewhere else. How are you? How was work?”
“I’m okay. Work was fine but today I met someone new.”
“Who?”
Efe took a seat and narrated how Koko Johnson had showed up, her attitude towards her, the baby she was carrying and how the office gossips went on about it. “I still don’t know who the woman is.”
“Hmm, did you ask Amanze?”
She shook her head. “No, I didn’t. I felt if it was something important he would bring it up, but up till closing hours he didn’t say anything and he left the office before me. His attitude was just strange.”
“And let me guess you didn’t make a move to find out from any of the women at work who she was?”
Again Efe shook her head.
“Na wa o Efe . . . Okay, I would ask around tomorrow.”
Efe was torn in between saying yes and saying no, but she didn’t say anything.
“You really like Amanze?”
“Yes.”
“But you know you can’t pursue anything with him without divorcing your husband right?”
Efe looked at her in shock. The thought had never crossed her mind. These days Daniel hadn’t really taken up much space in her mind. It was a good thing since she had stopped feeling depressed about it.
“I never really thought about it.”
“It’s been what? Five months since you guys last saw and he hasn’t called you once. It’s obvious he’s not interested. He doesn’t love you. Probably he’s frolicking about with that babe he cheated on you with. He’s an adulterer and you have every right to divorce him. If you’re feeling guilty, you shouldn’t.”
Divorce?
It was true the bible said she could. It was true the law would accept her grounds for divorce. So what was she waiting for?
Efe rose from the couch. “I don’t know about that Pamela. That would be a huge step to take and I’m not ready for it. What about our daughter? And if I want to leave him for Amanze it would be a bad idea ‘cause there’s really nothing happening between us. And with what I saw today I doubt anything would.”
“What if I find out tomorrow that she’s just a joke or it’s nothing too serious?”
Efe wrapped her arms around her. “Till then.”
“Okay. What did you cook? I’m really hungry!”
Glad for the sudden change in topic, Efe smiled. “Jollof-rice with fried chicken. I even bought some vegetables and made salad.”
“Wow! Let me get these clothes off and change and I would join you. Abi have you eaten?”
“Yeah, you know I don’t really like eating late.”
“That’s true. I would eat a little and head to bed. I’m coming.” She picked up her bag and hurried to their room.
The next morning was casual Friday and everyone dressed down to work. Efe wore a stylish Ankara gown that did well to accentuate her figure. She told herself she wasn’t dressing to catch anyone’s attention.
Amanze didn’t get into work on time and when he did the expression on his face was unreadable. It didn’t help that Pamela had filled her in on Koko. She was a former employee of the company. There had been rumours about her misconduct and how she was secretly sleeping around with different men at work and a few clients and word got out to the MD. That was how she got fired.
Unfortunately, among the list of men was Amanze who had been serious with her at the time. There was also rumour that he had been so deeply in love with her that he was planning on proposing. Efe felt sorry he had to go through all that. But then what about the baby. What if it was his? Would he go back to her and marry just like she had done with Daniel?
The office phone rang and she picked after the second ring.
“Please, step into my office and bring the files for the proposal along.”
“Yes, sir.”
She did as she was told and nervously went to his office, files held closely to her chest. The tired lines on his face and bags under his eyes was evidence he was under a lot of stress.
“Here are the documents, sir.” She dropped them on the table and turned to leave when he said, “Please let’s go out for dinner this evening and I would explain everything. I won’t hide anything from you . . . ‘cause I have fallen in love with you.”

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alice Munro Wins The 2013 Nobel Prize For Literature / St. Janet Poetic Yoruba Lyrics / Chacha The Slut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.