Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Tribute To Maryam Babangida, Ten Years After (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute To Maryam Babangida, Ten Years After (Photo) (1829 Views)

Ebonyi Governor Nwifuru And Wife, Mary-Mandline Uzoamaka (Before And After Photo / Reno Omokri Shades Slay Queens Using Late Maryam Babangida's Photos / Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribute To Maryam Babangida, Ten Years After (Photo) by NwekeUG(m): 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
Maryam Babangida, the wife of Nigeria's former military president was easily the country's most prominent first lady interms of impact and answering personality.

The best tribute that can be paid to her now is for women in similar positions to duplicate her and overcome their Ego by using the present existence to affect others, especially the less privileged. She founded the Better Life Programme for Rural Women in 1987 which launched many co-operatives, cottage industries, farms and gardens, shops and markets, women’s centres and social welfare programs.

She was indeed an Epitome of beauty, kindness and progress to the nation and humanity. She was indeed a wife, mother, women support and a mother to the nation "NIGERIA".

Friday, 27th December, 2019 will make it exactly 10yrs (a decade) she left this world, may she continue to rest. She is gone but her good works lives on!

http://igberetvnews.com/1211933/tribute-maryam-babangida-ten-years-photo/

1 Like

Re: Tribute To Maryam Babangida, Ten Years After (Photo) by edo3(m): 4:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
Don't know what to type..
Re: Tribute To Maryam Babangida, Ten Years After (Photo) by Silasloaded(m): 4:09pm On Dec 26, 2019
Hmmm NO Be Today
Re: Tribute To Maryam Babangida, Ten Years After (Photo) by careytommy37(m): 4:10pm On Dec 26, 2019
What is the essence of this post. Even her immediate family did not put up an eulogy for her.
Why cry more than the bereaved?
Re: Tribute To Maryam Babangida, Ten Years After (Photo) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 26, 2019
Few days ago I was thinking about you, I was still asking myself why I did nothing when I heard you had Ovarian Cancer from my Niger state residing Z.I . I guess I was too angry to be forced to stay in Taraba for youth service against my will, even after paying to get me out... Well prior to that, I also had beef with the gap tooth General, when I heard one of his former minister had cancer and he was accusing the General of not helping, I felt so sad,that the yeye former minister was accusing his former boss, meanwhile the man also carries a bigger burden close to mind with no one to share his sorrow with. Anyway my Z.I always told me nothing usually move the General, but when you passed I must say the General was surely moved. I know he still and would always loved you. Unfortunately Muhammed and his lovely wife from the Indimi's (don't know their status now,don't want to know) didn't have the kind of maturity you and the General had. I was told the young lady was always globetrotting, which kind of also turned Muhammed to a monitoring spirit. I won't talk about Aisha because I know at the back of my mind she was hell bend in keeping her father's name. As for Halima she seem to have grown to a big madam, I am sure you won't recognize her if you saw her today. Now Aminu I don't know for that Chairman o,but I haven't heard he tie the knots sha,but he is progressing, and by the way I think it is high time you whisper to your husband to set up the El Amin University, because the way Muhammed is acquiring degrees upon degrees I am beginning to envy him and good thing I noticed the land had been acquired the last time I was in Niger state .... I know you want a better life for Rural women,don't worry Oga Buhari is gradually doing his best to ensure that dream comes to past.It is ten years,but it is just like yesterday.... Continue to Rest in the presence of the good Lord.

2 Likes

Re: Tribute To Maryam Babangida, Ten Years After (Photo) by omowolewa: 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
All I can remember of her is that 'Better Life for Rural Women'

2 Likes

Re: Tribute To Maryam Babangida, Ten Years After (Photo) by boladez(m): 6:17pm On Dec 26, 2019
Her Intelligence , eloquence and confidence makes her stand out in a pioneering place till today. She is the Nigerian Hilary Clinton

She touched many many loves with her innovative programmes.

May God co ti ue to uphold her family!

2 Likes

Re: Tribute To Maryam Babangida, Ten Years After (Photo) by gidgiddy: 6:32pm On Dec 26, 2019
Maryam Babangida was a strong Igbo woman

1 Like

Re: Tribute To Maryam Babangida, Ten Years After (Photo) by itsme01: 6:53pm On Dec 26, 2019
cool

The woman who introduced the Office of the first Lady madness into Nigerian Constituition

Re: Tribute To Maryam Babangida, Ten Years After (Photo) by Charleys: 6:55pm On Dec 26, 2019
This is the real first lady
Re: Tribute To Maryam Babangida, Ten Years After (Photo) by mamajj17(f): 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
edo3:
Don't know what to type..

Simply RIP dear grin
Re: Tribute To Maryam Babangida, Ten Years After (Photo) by mamajj17(f): 9:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
careytommy37:
What is the essence of this post. Even her immediate family did not put up an eulogy for her.
Why cry more than the bereaved?

This Kind of Blogger is called AMEBO grin
Re: Tribute To Maryam Babangida, Ten Years After (Photo) by anslem2: 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2019
Pls help a friend,I need financial assistance to help my 2years old daughter. First bank.3064274499.

(1) (Reply)

Old Throwback Pictures Of President Buhari, Atiku And Other Ex Nigerian Presiden / BREAKING: Ogun Unveils COVID-19 Isolation Center / Wike Put N50M Bounty On An Innocent Man And Tagged Him 'IPOB'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.