Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,330 members, 7,826,308 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! (58555 Views)

Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics) / A Man Saved From Being Robbed In Abule-Egba Lagos, Captured On CCTV / Lady Robbed In A Bus In Onitsha. Slapped By Armed Robbers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Aturitoroman: 8:39am On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:
I came back from the the church on Sunday only to see my apartment rummaged. My gas cylinder that I just filled, my new electric iron that is still intact in the packet, my new stainless vacuum cup, aso ebi 2 each 6 yards and Polish and brush were all carted away.

What really surprised me is my key being intact and no sign of break and enter from any part of the apartment.

Air of mystery still surrounds how my apartment was robbed.

I want to go and just drop statement with the police. Hope that one will be welcomed? Guys I need your contributions. I just packed in there. It's somewhere opposite Lagos Business School along Lekki Epe express way

Be ready to spend money when going to the police station
Was also robbed at home Sunday they took everything money, fones, gold chains, wristwatches , car
I go police station, they told us to pay money first b4 they start to investigate ...

Firstly Change your padlock

You can try your luck and go to d police station

2 Likes

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:40am On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:
I came back from the the church on Sunday only to see my apartment rummaged. My gas cylinder that I just filled, my new electric iron that is still intact in the packet, my new stainless vacuum cup, aso ebi 2 each 6 yards and Polish and brush were all carted away.

What really surprised me is my key being intact and no sign of break and enter from any part of the apartment.

I want to go and just drop statement with the police. Hope that one will be welcomed? Guys I need your contributions. I just packed in there. It's somewhere opposite Lagos Business School along Lekki Epe express way
The owners of the house has duplicate/ who ever gave you the keys has a duplicate.

A sudden visit to the person's home and you will find your properties there

Report to the police, change the locks ASAP

3 Likes

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by millionboi2: 8:40am On Dec 27, 2019
tempex88:

For me I wasn't rubbed but someone comes in to wear my cloths. I move away from the apartment. I guess any key could open the door. Try change the locks
hahaha

How?

2 Likes

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by franchasng: 8:41am On Dec 27, 2019
Ijeoma660:
When you move into an apartment new or old...

Rule No. 1 Change the locks of the main door!
Rule No. 2 Locate the nearest apiam way...
Rule No. 3 Make friends with the nearest aboki or petty traders around, they will tell you the secret of the area
Rule No. 4 Never move into a neighborhood that you become a spotlight, especially having the biggest and best ride. It easily gives you away.
kiss kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:43am On Dec 27, 2019
GamalNasser:

I hope you know CCTV works with electricity ? And the failed govt is not providing electricity
If only the failure of the government you supported and still supporting, give Nigerians just ONLY ELECTRICITY for the wasted 16 years they used to loot our national treasury, things would have been better.

JUST ONLY ELECTRICITY, things would have been great by now.
But they rather looted the 16 BILLION DOLLARS meant for power and shared it among themselves.
You guys should use your brain when you type,
especially when you quote !
Nigerians have not forgotten your heroes looting so fast!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by perdollar(m): 8:45am On Dec 27, 2019
Kpele, it's a msg from ur village ppl. they will locate u where ever u go,!
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Chazzyboy: 8:47am On Dec 27, 2019
Ijeoma660:

Rule No. 3 Make friends with the nearest aboki or petty traders around, they will tell you the secret of the area
Rule No. 4 Never move into a neighborhood that you become a spotlight, especially having the biggest and best ride. It easily gives you away.
nice one
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by GamalNasser: 8:47am On Dec 27, 2019
post=85253624:

If only the failure of the government you supported and still supporting, give Nigerians just ONLY ELECTRICITY for the wasted 16 years they used to loot our national treasury, things would have been better.

But they rather looted the 16 BILLION DOLLARS meant for power and shared it among themselves.
Nigerians have not forgotten your heroes looting so fast!

Buhari has been in power for 6 years and not added a single MW to the grid , the man just has 3 years left and he has still not achieved anything

16 Likes

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by chukwuibuipob: 8:49am On Dec 27, 2019
sad shocked opposite lagos biz sch sad.Habitat of criminals. The pipu dat worked there b4 u mov in probably duplicate ur key.Ur best bet now is to change ur key.if u have money,find a welder to fix iron bar @ ur door mouth,extra iron to ur window (thick /unbend iron biko).if u dey enjoy electric supply there,find a trustworthy electrician to help u connect wire to the window/ door.Anytime u dey go out,switch it ON cool.No time

11 Likes

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by stevenosa(m): 8:50am On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:

When you packed into this apartment, did you CHANGE the lock? If not, hold the caretaker accountable for you loses.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by SatoshiPips(m): 8:51am On Dec 27, 2019
Someone somewhere holds a duplicated key to your apartment.
I remember when i was still at my hold neighborhood, my landlord's son had all the flats keys with him and he does his shopping in each flat weekly.

So my brother, check around you and you'll know the thief coz the thief is within
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by makydebbie(f): 8:56am On Dec 27, 2019
Ijeoma660:

This is very helpful, thank you.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Lamanii22(f): 8:58am On Dec 27, 2019
Kalashnikov102:
Hang out with the thugs in the area..they might get info

Lol maddo... He should do just that

2 Likes

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by fedebs: 8:59am On Dec 27, 2019
Is it in Alasia? I live there too.

1 Like

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Lamanii22(f): 8:59am On Dec 27, 2019
Kalashnikov102:

And he should buy them drinks...

1 Like

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Neddstark: 9:00am On Dec 27, 2019
Kendumazy:

Lol. Bad guy. You are very right. If you want to get an info of any bad deal or bad acts in an environment. The thugs in the environment surely know as he dey go.

They may or may not. That was a smooth operation

1 Like

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by blowjohn(m): 9:01am On Dec 27, 2019
fmwise2k:

Corner corner roads, backdoors, alleyways

Lol ok
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by WarriFirstBorn(m): 9:01am On Dec 27, 2019
blowjohn:

What is apiam?
Short cut.

4 Likes

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by SenecaTheYonger: 9:02am On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:
No, I just packed in there

Diid u change the key to the lock when u moved?
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Iwanttoto: 9:02am On Dec 27, 2019
post=85253624:

[s]If only the failure of the government you supported and still supporting, give Nigerians just ONLY ELECTRICITY for the wasted 16 years they used to loot our national treasury, things would have been better.

Nigerians have not forgotten your heroes looting so fast![/s]

Seun when can we start banning dullards from Nairaland? These annoying comments are become very annoyance.

16 Likes

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by onegig(m): 9:02am On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:

You made the biggest mistake. Not changing the locks. The old tenant there had the keys or he had spares with someone else who just used it to their advantage.

First rule when moving into new apartments. Change the locks.

3 Likes

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by baratech: 9:04am On Dec 27, 2019
Duplicate key or from the roof... Or window..... Report to the police
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Encapsulate: 9:07am On Dec 27, 2019
Best option is to go n change ur keys. Get something more sofisticated.

Meanwhile, if u are interested in daily Sure Odds then download this app.

Our betting history speaks for it self. Check out our sure odds for the past three days in the screenshot below:

Download it here:
https://m.apkpure.com/super-3-odds/tips.futbol.super3odds

1 Share

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by AniwetaluEmma(m): 9:07am On Dec 27, 2019
Sorry for your loss. It is good to go to police to make entry but those guys will see it as an opportunity to enrich themselves. Change your front door key and relate to people around. You will eventually have suspect.

1 Like

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by eventsmallchops: 9:11am On Dec 27, 2019
Kalashnikov102:

OP, in as much as you may feel this is going to be helpful to you, you may just end up inviting bad peers to yourself that would later move you closer to criminals.
in my opinion , someone in the inside has the key to your room and more things will still go missing if you don't take action, call the attention of the person who rented the place to you, such person may have useful information on who may have the spare keys and a better advice on how to handle the matter before going to the police , try to take things gentley where you live.

12 Likes

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Jarus(m): 9:12am On Dec 27, 2019
Likely that someone has a copy of your key - possibly the artisans that come to work in your house.

2 Likes

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by alexola20(m): 9:12am On Dec 27, 2019
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by lekonso: 9:13am On Dec 27, 2019
The first thing you do when you pack into a new apartment is to change all the keys, whether the keys are new or old.

1 Like

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by victorazyvictor(m): 9:14am On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:
No, I just packed in there

Did you change the key after packing in?
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by AtoningBlood(m): 9:16am On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:

Did you change the keys when you moved in?

It is highly necessary to change all locks especially the entry door locks when you move into a new apartment. Most houses have two entery doors, make sure you change both.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by AtoningBlood(m): 9:17am On Dec 27, 2019
victorazyvictor:

Did you change the key after packing in?

very good question.

The landlord or caretaker is having the spare key.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Policeman Attacked With Acid In Nkpor, Anambra By Angry Youths (Photos) / Dispatch Rider Caught With A Baby Inside Box In Lagos (Pictures, Video) / Man Dies After Having Sex With Fiancée In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.