Stats: 3,194,960 members, 7,956,607 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:07 PM

My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! (58835 Views)

Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics) / A Man Saved From Being Robbed In Abule-Egba Lagos, Captured On CCTV / Lady Robbed In A Bus In Onitsha. Slapped By Armed Robbers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by thatigboman: 11:32am On Dec 27, 2019
blowjohn:

What is apiam?
exit door. escape route

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by blowjohn(m): 11:33am On Dec 27, 2019
thatigboman:
exit door. escape route

Ok tnx
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by thatigboman: 11:33am On Dec 27, 2019
abescom:
I remember years ago when my phone was stolen in Egbeda Lagos. I was not interested in the phone as it was a 3k phone. Not a big fan of any gadget that isn't spelt L A P TOP but the sim was very important to me and it contained the phone number of two companies - the director of Goldlink insurance and that of a USA company I do blog outreach for.

I almost fainted when it was stolen but being friends with tons of okada men who are also friends with boys of the world I nearly got the phone...We found the boy who stole it but seeing the phone was useless he threw it in a canal. Pretty sure I would have seen it if it was a good phone.
so did u get the sim back?
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Zanxx(f): 11:38am On Dec 27, 2019
tempex88:

For me I wasn't rubbed but someone comes in to wear my cloths. I move away from the apartment. I guess any key could open the door. Try change the locks

Lol like for real? Then you are a fashionista
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 27, 2019
xcelentattitude:

Manhole?

In the ceiling?

Dude sir, do you even know what a manhole is?

Pardon me if this sounds rude.
Most house normally have a hole at the ceiling, which serves as a passage to the roof. That's what am talking about, I don't really know the actual name it's why I called it manhole.
But u should get my point.

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by lilyheaven: 11:47am On Dec 27, 2019
He found himself in another world
Roon9:
I can imagine the shock on your face. You'd think you are in the wrong house gan
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by jp130(m): 11:47am On Dec 27, 2019
Learn to manage football team, let me put u tru. Check my signature
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by frozen70(f): 11:52am On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:
I came back from the the church on Sunday only to see my apartment rummaged. My gas cylinder that I just filled, my new electric iron that is still intact in the packet, my new stainless vacuum cup, aso ebi 2 each 6 yards and Polish and brush were all carted away.

What really surprised me is my key being intact and no sign of break and enter from any part of the apartment.

Air of mystery still surrounds how my apartment was robbed.

I want to go and just drop statement with the police. Hope that one will be welcomed? Guys I need your contributions. I just packed in there. It's somewhere opposite Lagos Business School along Lekki Epe express way

Someone that have been having access to your keys, made a duplicate copy of your keys, targeted your movement when you won't be around and took the opportunity to do a neat stealing
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 27, 2019
Village people just visited you, better not go to police.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 27, 2019
uruba23:
If there is no break in, then someone had duplicated your key.Did you break up with any lady recently?

Mike4S:
No, I just packed in there

Get the person (whether landlord, caretaker or agent) who gave you the key arrested! Your properties will be recovered asap unless you want to let it go
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by larryking540: 12:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
uruba23:

The fact still remains someone had the key to your apartment, just do your self a favour change the key engine , get a new set of keys.

This was exactly the way they robbed us 2003 ,we recently moved into a new apartment with my parents and my parents decided to get some ceiling fan so we need an electrician to hang them ,
So we decided to use one guy in our area to help us do it ,it was already weekend already,so on Sunday due to the trust ,we decided to leave the hux for him to work and go to church,that was how the idiot duplicated our room keys using some crazy techniques which we had to learn for safety reasons ,..

The following week na so they rob our hux take our electronics and some other valuable..

The best tin is change your key engine
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Bewiseedet(m): 12:18pm On Dec 27, 2019
Kalashnikov102:
Hang out with the thugs in the area..they might get info
you must be a thug.

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by muffyt05: 12:21pm On Dec 27, 2019
Truth of the matter is, someone must have duplicated your key, could be any of the following set if people
1. The painter who painted for you
2. The carpenter who fixed your furniture fittings
3. The electrician who did the electrical work.
The deed has been done, you just need to move on but not without changing the whole keys to your apartment cos there's bound to be a repetition if they're not changed.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Mike4S: 12:25pm On Dec 27, 2019
helinues:
Firstly you need to change your padlock cos it is a bit obvious the perpetrators had duplicate

Secondly, dont waste your time, money in reporting to the police

Thirdly, you dont seems friendly to guys around you... That's the fact
But I just packed in there and contrary to your post I've been friendly
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by loganx: 12:27pm On Dec 27, 2019
hard lesson, before moving into any newly rented apartment, change the locks, be present when this is done and take all your keys. very important.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by koyyess: 12:41pm On Dec 27, 2019
eventsmallchops:

OP, in as much as you may feel this is going to be helpful to you, you may just end up inviting bad peers to yourself that would later move you closer to criminals.
in my opinion , someone in the inside has the key to your room and more things will still go missing if you don't take action, call the attention of the person who rented the place to you, such person may have useful information on who may have the spare keys and a better advice on how to handle the matter before going to the police , try to take things gentley where you live.

Don't mind them. That making friends with street thugs works for some doesn't mean it will work for others. A minor disagreement can turn them against you in a blink of an eye. I know one madam who even feeds them...only for them to one day organize themselves and rob her entire household.

Even in my former neighborhood, there are a bunch of nuisance that we didn't even para with and we wanted it that way. Even with changed keys and locks, they still stole something from neighbors. They knew we did not make it a habit of completely leaving the building...someone must be in it. Frequent 'visits' mostly at night but they never succeeded. Hunger killed them.

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Liposure: 12:47pm On Dec 27, 2019
Dis is d more reason we need community police.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by xcelentattitude(m): 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2019
charliboy654:

Most house normally have a hole at the ceiling, which serves as a passage to the roof. That's what am talking about, I don't really know the actual name it's why I called it manhole.
But u should get my point.

Alright, understood.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Kalashnikov102(m): 12:55pm On Dec 27, 2019
Bewiseedet:
you must be a thug.

You can say that again

THUG (The Hate You Give)
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by xcelentattitude(m): 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2019
Everybody don turn FBI agent grin

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Aarenasbaba(m): 12:59pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:
No, I just packed in there
What about the previous occupant of the room
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 27, 2019
How much you pay for rent? Is there a vacant flat?
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by ikorodureporta: 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2019
dat kyne thief wey dey carry gas cylinder sef cheesy

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Stevengerd(m): 1:47pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:
I came back from the the church on Sunday only to see my apartment rummaged. My gas cylinder that I just filled, my new electric iron that is still intact in the packet, my new stainless vacuum cup, aso ebi 2 each 6 yards and Polish and brush were all carted away.

What really surprised me is my key being intact and no sign of break and enter from any part of the apartment.

Air of mystery still surrounds how my apartment was robbed.

I want to go and just drop statement with the police. Hope that one will be welcomed? Guys I need your contributions. I just packed in there. It's somewhere opposite Lagos Business School along Lekki Epe express way
Goan change the engine of door abi the drum where you insert the key.
Remove the old one put the new one.
Who knows it maybe your landlord or agent
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by abescom: 1:47pm On Dec 27, 2019
thatigboman:
so did u get the sim back?
Thrown into a canal. Got the numbers back via my network. I had to call them. They asked several questions as I often call the numbers and was able to get them eventually.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by WriterX(m): 2:03pm On Dec 27, 2019
grin yours was even better a friend of a Friend had her entire apartment swept yes including the curtains, rug, bed and chairs after she came from a four day trip, damn they even took her pots and slippers like they cleaned her house for her and guess what the neighbors say did not hear anything.

she didn't stay around, returned the keys to the landlord and left thankfully she was doing her final year.

like some people get mind shall hah! how do you burgle a home and start packing out the entire room .
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2019
The only mystery here is that someone is having a spare key to your apartment. Find out who this is and you have solved the mystery.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by jeph19(m): 2:34pm On Dec 27, 2019
Kalashnikov102:

The thing sure die.. Jus get their high ranking ones booze and give dem smoke and dey sort em you go see how dem go open up to you who run you Street!

I never knew the power of 1000 until I came close to those guys... Just one packet of cigarettes and some manya...
They'll always gat your back in the neighborhood and also you'd be prior to top info in the hood

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Bewiseedet(m): 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2019
Kalashnikov102:

You can say that again
THUG (The Hate You Give)
THUGLIFE

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 27, 2019
Ijeoma660:
When you move into an apartment new or old...

Rule No. 1 Change the locks of the main door!
Rule No. 2 Locate the nearest apiam way...
Rule No. 3 Make friends with the nearest aboki or petty traders around, they will tell you the secret of the area
Rule No. 4 Never move into a neighborhood that you become a spotlight, especially having the biggest and best ride. It easily gives you away.

Ehhhh sense too much for your head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photoshop User, Ayothecreator Beaten By SARS For Strange Photos On His Phone. / 'Oh Dollar Was A Yahoo Boy': Police Arrest Killers Of Juliana Imaga, OOU Student / Girl Sets Up Her Friend For 10-Man Gang Rape In Ekiti State (Photo)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88