Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,727 members, 7,827,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! (58559 Views)

Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics) / A Man Saved From Being Robbed In Abule-Egba Lagos, Captured On CCTV / Lady Robbed In A Bus In Onitsha. Slapped By Armed Robbers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by thundafire: 3:18pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:
I came back from the the church on Sunday only to see my apartment rummaged. My gas cylinder that I just filled, my new electric iron that is still intact in the packet, my new stainless vacuum cup, aso ebi 2 each 6 yards and Polish and brush were all carted away.

What really surprised me is my key being intact and no sign of break and enter from any part of the apartment.

Air of mystery still surrounds how my apartment was robbed.

I want to go and just drop statement with the police. Hope that one will be welcomed? Guys I need your contributions. I just packed in there. It's somewhere opposite Lagos Business School along Lekki Epe express way
did u pay agent 10% fee

1 Like

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Budline1(m): 3:33pm On Dec 27, 2019
umbre:

Bro same happend to me in 2016 December. I changed the keys of the house and I had just stayed in the house for 3months or less. My laptop was carted away and there was no single sign of breaking-in into my apartment. I'm still trying to figure out the way the larceny occured.
So sorry or your loss.

My advice: Move out of that apartment when your rent expires or if you can afford it soon enough before it expires. Do not buy any expensive items home again.

The thief might have come in through the ceiling. Probably someone that has been so familiar with the structure of the house. It's always someone around.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by osazsky(m): 3:38pm On Dec 27, 2019
The person that rented did apartment before u entered didn't drop d keys with d agent and had a spear kill so he can come in at will,na 2 of una dey use d pat,u use ur own for night he uses his own in day

1 Like

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by osazsky(m): 3:38pm On Dec 27, 2019
The person that rented did apartment before u either didn't drop d keys with d agent and had a spear keyl so he can come in at will,na 2 of una dey use d pat,u use ur own for night he uses his own in day
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Abcruz(m): 3:58pm On Dec 27, 2019
Kalashnikov102:
Hang out with the thugs in the area..they might get info

Excerpt from 2pac's Dear Mama ( I hang around with the thugs. Even though they sold drugs..they show young brother love.)

It's a very good choice you made. Keep on hanging around them until they hang trouble on your neck, only then will you learn that "the company you keep determines what accompanies you".

Experience they say is the best teacher!

1 Like

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Abcruz(m): 4:03pm On Dec 27, 2019
Kendumazy:

Lol. There's an uncle of mine, very educated and exposed. Each time I went to visit him, those thugs in his street will hail him while passing by, me will be wondering what's this man relationship with this smelling thugs, he will check his pocket and give them something at the end of the day. So, one day, i asked him what's his relationship with the thugs, he told me that they have their great usefulness that if anything wants to happen, they fit alert you. He owns a phone shop then, na so one day, the thugs hinted him about the planned burgle of his shop that night, that's how he got two night guards from another street to help him keep watch that night. The burglars came truthfully that night and they were caught. Later when I entered street too, I realized thugs dey get information for hand.

Do not be surprised that those who gave him info and those who went to burgle the shop are in the same circle of robbery.

1 Like

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by extremelygolden: 4:05pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:
No, I just packed in there

Did you change the lock handed over to you by your landlord/landlady before moving in?

They always have extra key to each tenant room /flat.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:
I came back from the the church on Sunday only to see my apartment rummaged. My gas cylinder that I just filled, my new electric iron that is still intact in the packet, my new stainless vacuum cup, aso ebi 2 each 6 yards and Polish and brush were all carted away.

What really surprised me is my key being intact and no sign of break and enter from any part of the apartment.

I want to go and just drop statement with the police. Hope that one will be welcomed? Guys I need your contributions. I just packed in there. It's somewhere opposite Lagos Business School along Lekki Epe express way

Nothing mysterious here, someone has ur key
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:

e fit be landlord, agent, landlords family members, caretaker or anyone who has held that key in the past that replicated the key before u moved in.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by alexola20(m): 4:28pm On Dec 27, 2019

1 Like

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by vislabraye(m): 4:46pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:

Smeone has a spare key.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Nitah1: 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2019
Torg77:

You sound smart to dumb people . you can't say the agent is behind it. You don't know that for sure..that's the issue with Nigerians today.bearing false witness and putting people in trouble that's like a policeman stopping you and saying because you are black and ugly ,u must be behind a robbery that just occurred as witnesses said the suspect was black and ugly
Your point is?
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Bluntguy: 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2019
selfemployed:

Its advisable to always change the lock to your apartment when you move in newly
I don't dispute that, quote me right. He wants to know who burgled his home. Finding out who did and taking preventive measures to forestall future occurrence are not the same.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by calabardick(m): 5:19pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:

Your landlord, or your agent, or landlords child might be responsible for this.
Change your key before you eat rat poison
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by pestrolus2002(m): 6:10pm On Dec 27, 2019
Check all the burglaries very well you will probably see a part missing. I v experienced similar situation b4... Just one bar was removed from the window. Net was neatly cut flushed with the angle of the window that at a glance you will not see it.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Hopeful123: 6:32pm On Dec 27, 2019
I'm surprised no one has asked you to check your windows burglary proof steel rods. Are they all completely intact? Do you live downstairs?

There have been reports of burglars cutting those rods on the burglary proof without making any sound and passing through it. I did not take it seriously until a friend of mine became a victim and I saw the cut rod with my own eyes. They were even at home when they cut the burglary proof without any sound ( only God knows what chemical they used to cut it). They took laptops, money, TV and then theyy passed through the now open burglary. Just a rod was removed and it was wide enough to allow a man and items to pass through.

Check all windows burglary if any rod is missing. That might have been their way in and out.

Mike4S:

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Hopeful123: 6:36pm On Dec 27, 2019
Ah ah grin grin grin. Now I see you already asked.

It is a common knowledge on the mainland now. Any room anyone is not occupying at anytime people now ensure to lock the windows. And if you are going out lock all windows. Locking doors only is no longer enough. Forget fence with barb wire, it doesn't stop those guys.

pestrolus2002:
Check all the burglaries very well you will probably see a part missing. I v experienced similar situation b4... Just one bar was removed from the window. Net was neatly cut flushed with the angle of the window that at a glance you will not see it.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Legendguru: 6:48pm On Dec 27, 2019
Hmmm
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by LydayBobo(m): 6:58pm On Dec 27, 2019
Check the roof
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by holysaint1(m): 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2019
kodyx:
Sundays are usually quiet because most people go to church and that is when burglars like breaking into houses to rob,that has been the case around where I stay. So for my house we devised this useful tips and it has been helpful. Before we leave for church,we turn on the radio and increase the volume, making it look like someone is home, of course any burglar who hears the radio blasting would assume we are home. If you don't have light, buy this battery operated radio,it serves the same purpose.

And if a friend or relative comes looking for you at home... ?
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by charlsecy(m): 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:
I just wished I can afford camera. I'd have used it to set a trap by using the same lock as a bait
Not advisable.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by ogbevireo(m): 10:42pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:

Also consider that someone can get into your apartment through the ceiling. Especially if there is another flat attached to yours.

Recently, a young boy went with his friends (gang) to rob the flat attached to his aunt's own. he did this when both his aunt and her family and the neighbours had gone to church.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by aspirebig: 10:47pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:

Imagine the pains the guy is passing through now.

Honestly, some criminals deserves to run mad naked .
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Damfostopper(m): 7:40am On Dec 28, 2019
lol Hunted house
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by tck2000(m): 8:00am On Dec 28, 2019
charles009:
Rule number 1 change the locks of all major entrances before you pack in. I will advise you dont suspect anybody without tangible proof, count your losses and move on.
All it takes for a blacksmith to replicate your key, is just the sample. This guys can press your key against a bar of soap, and thats all.

Rule 2, don't fail to regard the street hoodlums, I normally buy plenty booze and smoke occasionally for the area boys for my hood, my wife frowns at it. I reminded her that a day will come when she will begin to appreciate their usefulness. the street code, even thief go loyal die, if you know what to do.

And the day did come, my son was ill so she left for hospital late, while she was returning around 11pm, she did a bad reverse in a lonely road, and ended up in a gutter. She was scared to the teeth, small time some boys just fall out, she overhead saying na boss wife be this, they helped her push the car out and even gave her some cover. Now even she don dey follow dash them money.

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by shevon: 8:03am On Dec 28, 2019
If you just moved in and you didn't change the locks, it might possibly be someone that had access to the apartment previously. Just change the locks; and like someone suggested, pally with thugs in the area and you might just get the info you need to nail the thief.
I remember, in 2013, when I was away and my wife had to go stay with her sister, when I returned and brought her and my baby back, we got robbed 2 days later. When some boys in the hood (who I usually greet and sometimes buy drink and bazz for) heard about it, they came back to tell me exactly what my police friend later confirmed when the robbers were caught.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 28, 2019
post=85241668:

Follow this advice Mike!

END OF THREAD!

This is why CCTV is an important gadget in this 21st century.
It's a must,
To combat crimes like this.

I swear I'm up for CCTV any day.
That shyte can even capture a ghost.
When criminals see the sign 'CCTV in operation' they tend to avoid your space cos they know it will be a risky exercise in futility.
They will be caught eventually, with evidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 28, 2019
holysaint1:

And if a friend or relative comes looking for you at home... ?
Dem go call my phone
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:44am On Dec 28, 2019
Ecne:

I swear I'm up for CCTV any day.
That shyte can even capture a ghost.
When criminals see the sign 'CCTV in operation' they tend to avoid your space cos they know it will be a risky exercise in futility.
They will be caught eventually, with evidence.
TRUE.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 28, 2019
Psoul:

Oga, CCTV is not for someone living in a One Room Apartment or Self Content Apartment.
If you fix the Camera, where will the machine be?
The criminal will take your property and steal the CCTV Machine join.

I cannot believe this line of thought I swear...

Who steals a wireless CCTV?
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by IMASTEX: 9:11am On Dec 28, 2019
Ijeoma660:
When you move into an apartment new or old...

Rule No. 1 Change the locks of the main door!
Rule No. 2 Locate the nearest apiam way...
Rule No. 3 Make friends with the nearest aboki or petty traders around, they will tell you the secret of the area
Rule No. 4 Never move into a neighborhood that you become a spotlight, especially having the biggest and best ride. It easily gives you away.
Smart talk
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Psoul(m): 9:17am On Dec 28, 2019
Ecne:

I cannot believe this line of thought I swear...

Who steals a wireless CCTV?

I can't believe u did not read the comment well before responding.

Nobody mentioned stealing wireless CCTV.
What was mentioned was the CCTV Machine (DVR)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Oh Dollar Was A Yahoo Boy': Police Arrest Killers Of Juliana Imaga, OOU Student / Dispatch Rider Caught With A Baby Inside Box In Lagos (Pictures, Video) / Man Dies After Having Sex With Fiancée In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.