Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! (58548 Views)

Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics) / A Man Saved From Being Robbed In Abule-Egba Lagos, Captured On CCTV / Lady Robbed In A Bus In Onitsha. Slapped By Armed Robbers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Wolexyoshi(m): 10:05am On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:
I came back from the the church on Sunday only to see my apartment rummaged. My gas cylinder that I just filled, my new electric iron that is still intact in the packet, my new stainless vacuum cup, aso ebi 2 each 6 yards and Polish and brush were all carted away.

What really surprised me is my key being intact and no sign of break and enter from any part of the apartment.

Air of mystery still surrounds how my apartment was robbed.

I want to go and just drop statement with the police. Hope that one will be welcomed? Guys I need your contributions. I just packed in there. It's somewhere opposite Lagos Business School along Lekki Epe express way

If it's a story building or a non detached bungalow with more than a flat, someone can come in through the roof ceiling (the small opening provided to get into the ceiling). It's has happened to me before.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by DammyBaba: 10:06am On Dec 27, 2019
Change your keys.The perpetrator of this evil act is your landlord or one of his children or the caretaker.They have spare key to your apartment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Symorne(m): 10:07am On Dec 27, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]

What is mysterious in this.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by ukahrawah: 10:11am On Dec 27, 2019
Change your keys. If u can, install a CCTV with a power backup.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by akinszz: 10:17am On Dec 27, 2019
Kendumazy:

Lol. Bad guy. You are very right. If you want to get an info of any bad deal or bad acts in an environment. The thugs in the environment surely know as he dey go.
or okada riders grin no Intel or FBI is good as okada riders grin grin
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by victorazyvictor(m): 10:23am On Dec 27, 2019
AtoningBlood:

very good question.

The landlord or caretaker is having the spare key.

He is not alone!
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by olamiide327(m): 10:23am On Dec 27, 2019
Do some background checks for the room and you have to change your locks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by zephrsmile(m): 10:24am On Dec 27, 2019
Is your apartment semi-detached? The burglar could have come in through your service man hole in the ceiling.

Mike4S:
I came back from the the church on Sunday only to see my apartment rummaged. My gas cylinder that I just filled, my new electric iron that is still intact in the packet, my new stainless vacuum cup, aso ebi 2 each 6 yards and Polish and brush were all carted away.

What really surprised me is my key being intact and no sign of break and enter from any part of the apartment.

I want to go and just drop statement with the police. Hope that one will be welcomed? Guys I need your contributions. I just packed in there. It's somewhere opposite Lagos Business School along Lekki Epe express way
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Nitah1: 10:25am On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:
No, I just packed in there
Did you got the house thru agent?
If the above question is "yes" then the agent is behind it.
Check how many keys supposed to be there for every padlock has specific number of keys,the agent can duplicate it even.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Baroba(m): 10:26am On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:
I just wished I can afford camera. I'd have used it to set a trap by using the same lock as a bait

With less than 10k, you can buy a small motion detection camera with an sd card and a powerbank..
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Torg77: 10:30am On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:

They probably used master key
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Malawian(m): 10:33am On Dec 27, 2019
Belemahue:
Pls look for the manhole and check up there if it has access to other flats
This is something I never thought of. There was a manhole inside my apartment back in Kaduna, it was a long stretch of self contained apartments like 8 or 9. When stuff began not to add up in my apartment, I didn't even think to check the manhole because for the one year I lived in that apartment, I never for one opened the manhole to see what was up there. It now occurs to me that if there is a manhole in my apartment, there probably are others in some of the other apartments ( which actually remained locked for most of the time I was there ).
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Torg77: 10:33am On Dec 27, 2019
Nitah1:
Did you got the house thru agent?
If the above question is "yes" then the agent is behind it.
Check how many keys supposed to be there for every padlock has specific number of keys,the agent can duplicate it even.

You sound smart to dumb people . you can't say the agent is behind it. You don't know that for sure..that's the issue with Nigerians today.bearing false witness and putting people in trouble that's like a policeman stopping you and saying because you are black and ugly ,u must be behind a robbery that just occurred as witnesses said the suspect was black and ugly
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Malawian(m): 10:40am On Dec 27, 2019
Baroba:

With less than 10k, you can buy a small motion detection camera with an sd card and a powerbank..
What if they also steal those ones?
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by MoIbrahim: 10:44am On Dec 27, 2019
uruba23:
If there is no break in, then someone had duplicated your key.Did you break up with any lady recently?

Someone has a duplicate. If it's a new apartment, check site workers. If not, check former occupants and landlords relatives
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Sirevangel(m): 10:45am On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:

Them plan you come.... You be fresh guy abi
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by carlos1(m): 10:49am On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:
No, I just packed in there

Landlord n care taker should be ur primary suspects here. They r responsible for this. Try mounting a hidden camera too. U ll b surprised at what u ll c (,that's if u still have time n patience).
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by abdullkabar(m): 10:49am On Dec 27, 2019
No comment that they could have used the ceiling, that's a possibility

1 Like

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Orpe7(m): 10:49am On Dec 27, 2019
Someone has duplicated your key
Thats why it is advisable to change key locks when u move into an apartment
Could be your landlord sef
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by GEJDHERO: 10:52am On Dec 27, 2019
Did u check d ceiling?

1 Like

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by victorVIC1(m): 10:57am On Dec 27, 2019
So my wife discovered of recent the our main entrance gate key could open the door to my apartment...I changed the key immediately. It is always advisable to change the key to an apartment even before moving in

1 Like

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 27, 2019
umbre:

Bro same happend to me in 2016 December. I changed the keys of the house and I had just stayed in the house for 3months or less. My laptop was carted away and there was no single sign of breaking-in into my apartment. I'm still trying to figure out the way the larceny occured.
So sorry or your loss.

My advice: Move out of that apartment when your rent expires or if you can afford it soon enough before it expires. Do not buy any expensive items home again.

They could gain access through the manhole in the ceiling, maybe the person is familiar with your house.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by xcelentattitude(m): 11:06am On Dec 27, 2019

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by xcelentattitude(m): 11:07am On Dec 27, 2019
charliboy654:

They could gain access through the manhole in the ceiling, maybe the person is familiar with your house.

Manhole?

In the ceiling?

Dude sir, do you even know what a manhole is?

Pardon me if this sounds rude.

1 Like

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by SirLakes: 11:16am On Dec 27, 2019
Haba, in this age person still dey thief these items.
My gas cylinder that I just filled, my new electric iron that is still intact in the packet, my new stainless vacuum cup, aso ebi 2 each 6 yards and Polish

Suspects: Agent, landlord, previous occupants, neighbors

In short, they are wretched, broke street thieves with much info about the house cheesy

grin
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by bigtt76(f): 11:24am On Dec 27, 2019
Usually advisable to change your locks after renting a new apartment ....workers who worked there may have duplicated the keys before handing over. Sorry for your loss.

Mike4S:

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by bigtt76(f): 11:26am On Dec 27, 2019
Camera and power bank wen den go steal join cheesy cheesy cheesy

Baroba:

1 Like

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by damoobaba: 11:26am On Dec 27, 2019
uruba23:

The fact still remains someone had the key to your apartment, just do your self a favour change the key engine , get a new set of keys.

And don't forget to tell the police you suspect ur landlord or anybody who may have duplicated keys to your room.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by bekpo(m): 11:28am On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:
Thanks for the support. What about the idea of going to write down statement?

Go to the police station immediately and lodge a complain across d counter! Ur landlord or the previous occupant of d apartment may b suspects including d agent. Get d police involve and u will b shock of d outcome. Make sure u have a new key ASAP.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by KingMicky3286: 11:29am On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:

I always change my locks wherever I move in the same day.

The agents or landlords relatives might have spear keys .

Be careful. If you have cooked food in the house or opened drinks , throw them away.

Sorry for your misfortune. They have just taken away your problems.
Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by churchee: 11:31am On Dec 27, 2019
Mike4S:
Thanks for the support. What about the idea of going to write down statement?

I'd advise you go give police statement. This is because it may happen again since you are just new and you are welcomed with such a 'good' treat. The advantage is that when next it happens, supposing the person is caught, you may claim he is responsible for the previous one (which is possible or might know who did it) but you cannot lay that claim if you don't have police statement (evidence).

1 Like

Re: My Apartment Was Robbed In A Very Mysterious Way! by nonix22(m): 11:32am On Dec 27, 2019
may sense not kee you. you just spoke all that is needed.
uruba23:
If there is no break in, then someone had duplicated your key.Did you break up with any lady recently?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Father Deflowers And Rapes Daughter In Ogun For Refusing More Sex (photo) / Policeman Attacked With Acid In Nkpor, Anambra By Angry Youths (Photos) / EFCC Raids Club 360 Ibadan. Many Arrested and Others Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.