Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,963 members, 7,952,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:46 AM

Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) (7227 Views)

Beautiful Roads In Villages In Akwa Ibom State (Pictures) / The Igbo Village In America Where They Build With Mud And Thatch, Virginia USA / The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by thinksquad(m): 7:40am On Dec 27, 2019
The way igbos no like Yoruba for dis forum and vice versa nawa o o
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by KosiGee(m): 7:40am On Dec 27, 2019
horsepower101:
As promised, I said I will start a thread about this during the time of festivities when most of us are home.

Please post the picture of your Igbo village on this thread.

This thread is for villages and related discussions only.

Dalu nu.

You should be calling some posters to order as I believe that the purpose of this thread is to educate others.

If the unnecessary banters continue, the thread will be flooded and ruined with eyesore photos of environmental disasters.

You haven’t told us the name of your village btw and you haven’t spelt the town of Agbudu correctly.
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by oyatz(m): 7:45am On Dec 27, 2019
I seriously doubt if the person behind this moniker is a lady.

I always wonder how a lady can be so deep in Tribalism.See how she just managed to bring in Yoruba into this post that doesn't concern the Yorubas.

Very very insecured and always find the need to compare with Yorubas.

I don't know what Nairalanders gain from Igbos Vs Yorubas contests

Gandollaar:
OP I don't have an aerial photo of my village. But I can assure you that my village is best place on earth.

When Yorubas come here to scream " go back to your caves" simply because they themselves have not ventured out of their villages, I just laugh.

My village has electricity, phone network, urban, notable men and women, civilized and accommodating.

My village is Umuakuru Emekuku Owerri. It's good to be home!

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by oyatz(m): 7:52am On Dec 27, 2019
The topic is about Igbo villages, why bringing Yorubas into the discussion? Why this irresistible urge to do Yoruba Vs Igbo comparison? Why this sense of subtle inferiority?

Uchek:
Nwannem how you dey? No mind the the average Yorubas on this forum who claims Lagos even though he is not from Lagos

My village is Ugboegbelu, Emekuku - Owerri, LAGOS STATE:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by BolaAdeyemo: 8:21am On Dec 27, 2019
horsepower101:
Ukpo village in Dunukofia LGA, Anambra state
been to Ukpo before and from the indigenes mouth they call it a Town or community but not village
There is a big difference

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by GodsGGrace: 8:36am On Dec 27, 2019
These are towns not villages.

Each town is comprised of several villages.

For instance, Ogbunike is a town in Anambra State, with six villages. I find it absurd when we interchange towns with villages.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by selemempe: 8:59am On Dec 27, 2019
Nsukka village

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Gandollaar(f): 9:06am On Dec 27, 2019
oyatz:

I always wonder how a lady can be so deep in Tribalism.See how she just managed to bring in Yoruba into this post that doesn't concern the Yorubas.

Arrant nonsense!

The only reason why you doubt I'm a lady is because I have held my own on lockdown as far this section and NL in general is concerned

I have stood up to you zombies any day anytime. The next thing that should bother you is whether I can find a man to marry me, and when you learn how married I am, you will still have to wonder what kind of man married such a bold, intelligent woman because your insecurities are driving you nuts!

There you have it! I'm proud of where I come I from. I was born and bred in Lagos, omo eko tokan tokan!
But as you can see, contrary to what you guys think,we are so proud of where we come from and can discuss on the internet.

I dare you do same.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Gandollaar(f): 9:09am On Dec 27, 2019
franchasng:
I have been to your village during a courtesy visit to Kema Chikwe. Archbishop Obinna from Umuocham close to Nkwor-emeke market is also a family friend. Your village Umuakuru is a city of course. It is finer than most places in Lagos. I learnt lands are sold for millions there now.

So you are very correct.

Igbos try their best to develop their respective villages. One time we did a community function and some of my Yoruba friends accompanied me home then, ever since then, they started respecting Igbos because what Muri saw shocked him. That was his first time of visiting an Igbo land.
Thanks broh!
Where are you from kwanu?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by horsepower101: 9:11am On Dec 27, 2019
selemempe:
Nsukka village

Don’t know if I would consider Nsukka a village at this point. It’s gone past that long time ago.

Unless there is a particular village called Nsukka.
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Gandollaar(f): 9:11am On Dec 27, 2019
KosiGee:

You ruined this beautiful thread by your mentioning of ‘Yorubas asking you to leave’ statement. It’s not necessary.

This shouldn’t be a ‘my daddy’s Mercedes is bigger than your daddy’s thread. It should be fun and educative but you are getting paranoid.
I take responsibility for my actions, but. I wont take back my words.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Pavore9: 9:11am On Dec 27, 2019
selemempe:
Nsukka village

Nsukka is not a village!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by horsepower101: 9:13am On Dec 27, 2019
BolaAdeyemo:
been to Ukpo before and from the indigenes mouth they call it a Town or community but not village
There is a big difference

It’s still a village but it a rapidly developing one. Very soon it will become a small town and then a city.

This is how nnewi went from village to city in few decades.
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Gandollaar(f): 9:21am On Dec 27, 2019
oyatz:
The topic is about Igbo villages, why bringing Yorubas into the discussion? Why this irresistible urge to do Yoruba Vs Igbo comparison? Why this sense of subtle inferiority?

You saw a topic clearly stating it was for Igbos but you dived in your cone head only to start telling folks here what to post or not. Yet you don't see your Igbophobia as an insecurity LMAO

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by KosiGee(m): 9:52am On Dec 27, 2019
Gandollaar:
I take responsibility for my actions, but. I wont take back my words.

I didn’t expect you to. You are not at fault for engaging in a toxic tradition that defines Nairaland. It’s the culture here.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by ashawopikin(m): 10:07am On Dec 27, 2019
Gandollaar:
OP I don't have an aerial photo of my village. But I can assure you that my village is best place on earth.

When Yorubas come here to scream " go back to your caves" simply because they themselves have not ventured out of their villages, I just laugh.

My village has electricity, phone network, urban, notable men and women, civilized and accommodating.

My village is Umuakuru Emekuku Owerri. It's good to be home!
that one don commot for village, na city

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by obiekunie2: 10:22am On Dec 27, 2019
thinksquad:
The way igbos no like Yoruba for dis forum and vice versa nawa o o

my brother just leave that matter.

our hate na for mouth!

We are just two very intelligent tribes trying by all means to show each other who is more superior.

people who hate themselves dont normally exchange words - they just go all out to kill each other -

so tell me: have you ever heard that igbos and yorubas are fighting in any part of Nigeria? No!

rather you will hear igbo man marry yoruba woman and vice versa!

in fact now it seems all yoruba men are hell bent on marrying only Igbo women (I guess bc they want to see if their children will begin to be as intelligent as Igbo children cheesy cheesy).

but in the other way round, you will always hear hausaS fight with yorubas all the time!

or fulanis kill yoruba farmer or igbo farmer!

you hardly hear hausa marry yoruba or yoruba marry hausa despite all their afonja connection! cheesy cheesy

Sha! we still get sense pass yorubas!

thats why we are systematically buying all their lands from them - 10 years from now they will all be out tenants in ibadan, lagos, osun, oyo, etc! cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by DesmondBobo: 10:59am On Dec 27, 2019
obiekunie2:

my brother just leave that matter.

our hate na for mouth!

We are just two very intelligent tribes trying by all means to show each other who is more superior.

people who hate themselves dont normally exchange words - they just go all out to kill each other -

so tell me: have you ever heard that igbos and yorubas are fighting in any part of Nigeria? No!

rather you will hear igbo man marry yoruba woman and vice versa!

in fact now it seems all yoruba men are hell bent on marrying only Igbo women (I guess bc they want to see if their children will begin to be as intelligent as Igbo children cheesy cheesy).

but in the other way round, you will always hear hausaS fight with yorubas all the time!

or fulanis kill yoruba farmer or igbo farmer!

you hardly hear hausa marry yoruba or yoruba marry hausa despite all their afonja connection! cheesy cheesy

Sha! we still get sense pass yorubas!

thats why we are systematically buying all their lands from them - 10 years from now they will all be out tenants in ibadan, lagos, osun, oyo, etc! cheesy grin
I almost leave this thread until I saw this.... you're very correct bro. I'm from Ekiti State and I must say that this is already happening in Ado Ekiti small small and may get worse before 10years sef.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by agadez007(m): 11:00am On Dec 27, 2019
horsepower101:

It’s still a village but it a rapidly developing one. Very soon it will become a small town and then a city.

This is how nnewi went from village to city in few decades.
don't know where you from but where I am from we don't call our town village,Alor is a Town which hosts 6 villages

E.g-
Okebunoye is a village In Alor town
get it?
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Mathiasa(m): 11:48am On Dec 27, 2019
Where is that vanity guy? I was expecting him to say something as usual. Nice view
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by GodsGGrace: 12:58pm On Dec 27, 2019
I think people that refer to their towns as villages haven't any real contact with their hometowns.

What will they now call villages?

agadez007:
don't know where you from but where I am from we don't call our town village,Alor is a Town which hosts 6 villages

E.g-
Okebunoye is a village In Alor town
get it?
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Keziehenry(m): 1:32pm On Dec 27, 2019
lalasticlala, this is a fp material pls
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by agadez007(m): 1:49pm On Dec 27, 2019
GodsGGrace:
I think people that refer to their towns as villages haven't any real contact with their hometowns.

What will they now call villages?

Are you minding them?

according to Wikipedia A town is generally larger than village and smaller than city
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Michelle55: 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2019
horsepower101:
Oguta village in Imo state
Yessssoooo.... We rock!!

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by oyatz(m): 2:57pm On Dec 27, 2019
Read slowly to comprehend and you will see that the topic is about pictures of Igbo villages, it did NOT state that it is strictly for Igbo PEOPLE.

As per your unwanted personal insults, it just shows your level of upbringing and civility. I don't engage in exchanging insults with people... it's for small minds.

Gandollaar:
You saw a topic clearly stating it was for Igbos but you dived in your cone head only to start telling folks here what to post or not. Yet you don't see your Igbophobia as an insecurity LMAO
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by DonXavi(m): 7:38pm On Dec 27, 2019
d
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by emmamajesty: 12:42am On Dec 28, 2019
if u now step into nkwere in imo state my brother u will open ur mouth
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Kennyswag: 1:48am On Dec 28, 2019
How many times una wan create this thread?
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by cupidhero(m): 7:45am On Dec 28, 2019
oyatz:

They are mostly niggas. Very useless bunch. You see an Igbo boy claiming to be a Yoruba girl and then also see a Yoruba boy claiming to be an Igbo girl. If you have been here for atleast 4 years this things shouldn't bother you. The mods also make sure tribal based topics hit the front page more than intelligent topics. Owner of the forum is Yoruba while his most supermod responsible for pushing some of the most stupid tribal based topics to front page is Igbo. They do it for traffic because most if these tribalists are actually broke and jobless so they spend more time talking trash creating traffic for the forum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Kennyswag: 8:21am On Dec 28, 2019
Gandollaar:
Arrant nonsense!

The only reason why you doubt I'm a lady is because I have held my own on lockdown as far this section and NL in general is concerned

I have stood up to you zombies any day anytime. The next thing that should bother you is whether I can find a man to marry me, and when you learn how married I am, you will still have to wonder what kind of man married such a bold, intelligent woman because your insecurities are driving you nuts!

There you have it! I'm proud of where I come I from. I was born and bred in Lagos, omo eko tokan tokan!
But as you can see, contrary to what you guys think,we are so proud of where we come from and can discuss on the internet.

I dare you do same.
Shut up insecure set of dick measuring people
Re: Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) by Kennyswag: 8:23am On Dec 28, 2019
DesmondBobo:
I almost leave this thread until I saw this.... you're very correct bro. I'm from Ekiti State and I must say that this is already happening in Ado Ekiti small small and may get worse before 10years sef.
shutup your mouth..
Ode omo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fascinating Then And Now Photos Shows How Dubai Has Changed In Few Years. / Pictures Of Places In Nigeria (the Good, The Bad And The Ugly). / FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.