Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day (47379 Views)

Two Regret Mails In One Day.. Oluwa Wetin Dey Occur / I Am Tired Of Regret Mails, Please Help Me With Any Job In Lagos State. / Three Regret Mails In One Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 28, 2019
Come let us teach you how to hussle

Do t gjve up bro you have to keep applying for more
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by ctleurocollege: 7:59am On Dec 28, 2019
grin Only two rejections? he he he
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Godsproxy: 7:59am On Dec 28, 2019
See job hunting as a job on its own. Keep pushing. Remember Burnaboys song many people told me no no.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by AreaFada2: 7:59am On Dec 28, 2019
sammirano:
The problem is the Nigeria system, students were not essentially prepared for Job approach, tests and interview. Hence it seems many graduates are matching the expected results of employers.
Maybe. But there just aren't enough jobs to go round. We now have homes with 7 graduates. A thing of pride for sure but where are they all gonna get jobs?

What's sorely missing is entrepreneurship and innovation for every student in university curriculum.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Viking007(m): 8:00am On Dec 28, 2019
Efe42:

Have been trying for the past 2 year's now
If you give up you won't still get that job, you gain nothing giving up. Why not keep sending the applications and hope for the best? I'd admit being jobless in this country is very expensive.

2 Likes

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Mummymahdi(f): 8:00am On Dec 28, 2019
Efe42:

Keep trying this is my 6th year after service no work yet and I didn't give up. Am still searching and managing small no. Of poultry

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by EmmyDJourno: 8:00am On Dec 28, 2019
Guy soji yourself

I didn't have. a job for 2 and a half years after service

When I eventually did I got two jobs

So calm down, network more and stay positive

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by FuckAllTheMODs: 8:00am On Dec 28, 2019
OP calm down, 2020 will favour us by God's grace.
It is well.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by QuickStandard: 8:01am On Dec 28, 2019
Efe42:

Sir I'm sure you understand the situation of the country now for someone to be jobless since 2 year's been jobless is a very better experience
At first is Chevron have been practicing dragnet past questions and answers since early July up to December so that can say yes I made it only to be heart broking that are leaving 2020

No disrespect sir, but I hope this your grammar and typos are just mistakes you made here.

Cos if such applies to your exams with all these companies you mentioned, hmmmmmm, your guess is as good as mine.

Also work on your punctuation skills.

However, jobs do not revolve around only the oil sector. Try other sectors as well.

12 Likes

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Alutadioxide(m): 8:01am On Dec 28, 2019
Stay strong and remain positive, all of these would be part of your success story.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Addey22(f): 8:02am On Dec 28, 2019
Efe42:

Thanks Sir I'm just confused right now i don't know what to do, the most painful thing now all my friends are into Internet fraudster have been disgrace severally but I still hold on still hoping it wasn't easy for me as an under graduate

You also need to improve on your grammar too. Could be the reason for the rejections. Just saying

2 Likes

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by emeraldlife: 8:02am On Dec 28, 2019
Chapter1vs6:
Hahaha just 2 regret mail. If open my 2018/2019 emails for you, you go shock

Him think say na only him. Ordinary two rejection and he's quitting already.

@OP, my advice for u is to look for little startup business (if there is fund), go into teaching or improve your CV through skill acquisition and other professional courses while applying for various jobs that might favour u. Dont be like me sir that kept on depending on those white collar job till age caught up on me. Not late though!

Make hay while the sun shines
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by stanisbaratheon: 8:03am On Dec 28, 2019
Ayotemide:
Shuga, you would be fine. I had multiple a week and got a good contract the next week.

You would be fine, I promise.

*huggs*

NLNG is run by Nigerian government and few foreign investors. So, employment is heavily influenced except for few.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Mentorkaryhm(m): 8:03am On Dec 28, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
Efe42:

Sir I'm sure you understand the situation of the country now for someone to be jobless since 2 year's been jobless is a very better experience
At first is Chevron have been practicing dragnet past questions and answers since early July up to December so that can say yes I made it only to be heart broking that are leaving 2020

Bro, God has not leave the throne if u believe. Try to improvise, doing nothing is not good.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by joelbooks: 8:04am On Dec 28, 2019
You only failed, when you quit unless you have better dreams and options.
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by 3Hopeblog(m): 8:04am On Dec 28, 2019
I suggest you start learning how to code. If you are below 25, I suggest you approach an IT company and beg to work for free for one year and in exchange, they provide you with all the resources you need to learn how to code. Never be completely jobless. Pickup something and try no matter how little.

2 Likes

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Felicity001(m): 8:04am On Dec 28, 2019
Efe42:

Just 2yrs and you’re already crying foul

What of me wey don dey try since 2010 that I graduated nko?

Even ordinary dy/dx I no remember again selfgrin

Giving up won’t put food on your table o unless you have capital to start up a business and equity for reimbursement else young man keep pushing

5 Likes

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:05am On Dec 28, 2019
I did a a job interview sometime November. Last month for team lead position. We were 25 people after doing 3 stage. I scale through
The final stage with the the md
We discuss price which he agree he told me I should resume the next month
After two day I receive a call from them that I am not meant to resume on Monday that I should resume first week of January. That a mail wil be send to me for that effect
I was realy so shocked when i receive the call from them. My mind real change I was thinking wether they don’t want to take me. Because up till now have not receive a call from them or even a message from them. Any time I call that number that wount pick the call back just to ask haven’t receive the message from them am still shocked
But I have to move on. Only God understand

But I know 2020 wil be a Good year for me amen

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by jimmychang: 8:08am On Dec 28, 2019
You receive two regret mails ....and you feel as if you wanna die,you are not serious .

1 Like

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by flexyrule(m): 8:08am On Dec 28, 2019
If I show OP the reject mails in my inbox from 2013 till date, he will close this thread.

Since graduation, I have received over 1,000 regret mails (No bragging)!
We're still pushing from one temp job to the other. I have worked across almost all sectors and specialties. Na Medicine and Law remain....

You're receiving regret mail from Total and Oando and you're complaining, you should know those places ain't for babies.
Are they done with their internal candidates, experienced contract staff, external candidates with oil and gas experience, the foreign trained candidates and those with long legs?

Or because they mentioned graduate trainee, they will leave the candidate that has O&G experience and employ you.

Look for smaller opportunities, build your self, get certifications and then apply... O&G is very very very competitive.

3 Likes

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by ednut1(m): 8:09am On Dec 28, 2019
grin just two Back in the days i got from shell, honeywell, chevron, standard chartered bank, union bank, uac, EY, KPMG, Delliote, oando,etc

2 Likes

Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Mummymahdi(f): 8:09am On Dec 28, 2019
Amiano:

I was screened out of NLNG GTs in 2017 after undergoing various rigorous test and interview. Op i was jobless for 5years and i can't even remember how many regret mails i received but i got a gud job after and today i can comfortably pay my bills, so don't give up, keep pushing

Its been 6yrs now nothing for me but still searching and praying couldn't further and hardly do anything . I hope one day we will say what u are saying but now even needs I couldn't meet. I need help
Re: I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 28, 2019
Efe42:
cryI Received One From Oando And Other From Total despite All My Effort

Dear Applicant,
Thank you for applying for the Oando Graduate Accelerated Programme.
It was a highly competitive recruitment process, as we received numerous applications who all stood a fair chance of securing a place in the programme. However, based on our minimum pass mark requirement, you were not shortlisted and considered for the next phase of the programme.
We appreciate the interest you have shown and encourage you to apply for subsequent vacancies with Workforce Group.
We wish you success in all your future endeavours.
Thank you.
Warm Regards.
Workforce Team
To inquire about issues you are having you can reply this email.