Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us - Crime (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us (46194 Views)

RiverPoly Student Shot Dead In The Ogoni Crisis (Graphic Photo) / Burial Of Nkiruka, The Female Student Shot By Soldiers Announced / Final Year Mapoly Student Shot Dead By Suspected Cult Members - Graphic Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Cosmass(f): 7:40am On Dec 04, 2010
My heart goes out to his family and loved ones. Though I never spoke with you Busayo, you would truly be missed. May your soul rest in peace. You would be missed! embarassed cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Phony200(m): 7:46am On Dec 04, 2010
One of our best minds, it's easier to comment on a thread when you know Bawo was there to ensure sanity. He argued and made points without insults, no one could have guessed he was that young that his brain and mind was that old and matured. He's gone. I guess all we can do is read his posts, threads and smile at God's gift to us. E-buddies sometimes mean more to us than those we see everyday. RIP, Bawolomo, You'll always be remembered here.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 04, 2010
tkb417:

Didn't sleep a wink
Glad its morning again

So are we gonna put up and appearance in his home as rep of Nairaland- just identify with the fam in a lil way

May this be the end of sad tales in our respectives lives

As for me, a big Amen!!

RIP bro

that's the thing.
it never ends,
i just wish to God it would
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by googles: 7:56am On Dec 04, 2010
cry cry

God in my heart of hearts I was hoping 'twould be a bad case of misinformation or something

that dis morning someone will come and say its not the same guy . . . this is just so painful

all my years on nairaland I just used to carry on like we were all indispensable, I never thot anyone could die here, call it wishful thinking undecided

but i feel like I know everyone on this forum and losing one is like losing a dear friend sad

RIP BAWOMOLO sad
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by AjanleKoko: 8:07am On Dec 04, 2010
hmm.
I saw this yesterday and totally ignored it, only to open it this morning and read in shock.
Bawomolo was a charming fella, and got along with everybody. Had loads of humour in him. Very tragic that such a young and promising life is cut short just like that. May his soul rest in peace, and God Almighty give his family a measure of comfort during this dark period in their lives.
Rest in peace.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by SisiKill1: 8:13am On Dec 04, 2010
spikedcylinder:

@ Ileke, I can't quote you cuz I'm using my mobile. I don't know what to say anymore. I have been distraught since yesterday. When I told my mum his name, he actually happened to be from a family she knew. We got a house phone number but no one has been picking since yesterday. I can't sleep, I can't seem to do much else. Ah. Busayo. Olubusayo. Please wake up darling, please. Please. Oh please,

Hey Spike, you aren't the only one who didn't sleep oh. I've been awake all night reading all the reports I can get my hands on, hoping something will jump out at me that will show it isn't him. I'm so deeply enmeshed in the denial stage, it's gonna take something big to get me out of it.

Bawo. . . God! It's all so surreal, we never met despite the fact that we lived about 10-15mins from each other and his brother was my brother's friend but I feel like I know him.

He was a GOOD MAN and he would be missed

May his gentle soul rest in peace,
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by dexmond: 8:19am On Dec 04, 2010
cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 04, 2010
My heart aches so bad. REALLY, WHAT IS THE POINT OF LIFE?
If [b]HE [/b]really is merciful, why this merciless, evil. . . . cry cry cry
I would give anything to go back in time.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by akwaowoudo(m): 8:25am On Dec 04, 2010
He's gone! My greatest sympathy to the parents, siblings & peers. May his soul lay peacefully. Adieu Comrade!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Odunnu: 8:34am On Dec 04, 2010
So so so unfortunate! Gone way too soon!
May you Rest in Perfect Peace!
Would the Admin/MODs find a way of deleting hs username so his entire posts go as well. Not that he doesnt deserve to be immemorial but so I dnt get to weep again each time I stumble on his siggy of 'God is goose. . .'
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tayoast(m): 8:42am On Dec 04, 2010
eh yah. sad sad sad

my heart goes out to d family.

May God grant dem d fortitude 2 bear d loss.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by honeric01(m): 8:48am On Dec 04, 2010
Tired of shedding tears, dunno why, not like i knew him in person, but i had encounters with him on this forum quite a number of time.

Now come the question, AFTER DEATH, WHAT NEXT??

Also sorry to ask this, but WHAT IF THERE IS GOD? or HEAVEN AND HELL? cry cry cry cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 04, 2010
I think the title of the thread should be changed to something more appropriate, something that would draw the attention of Nairalanders that a treasured member is gone, so they can pay their respects.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by holydante(m): 9:45am On Dec 04, 2010
Hi Odunnu, I respectfully would insist that his posts should not be deleted. Its kinda revealing the insights of a 21 year old,he even started before he clocked 21. Let his posts be.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by spicyhoney(f): 9:51am On Dec 04, 2010
RIP Bawomolo! cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Wislet(f): 10:01am On Dec 04, 2010
Dnt knw how i slept last nite. Des tears can't seem 2 stop flowing. Pls dis goes out 2 all of us to not see one another as strangers, but as a family. I barely know most of us here but i see nairaland & nairalanders as family. Most of de curses on here can reduce if we could @least get 2 know one another better, either thru contacts/personally. If no one would, i'd like to. . . . Rest in peace Bawo. I pray our God gives ur family de strength 2 bear this. U'll surely be missed on here. Luv u.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by spikedcylinder: 10:04am On Dec 04, 2010
Busayo?!?! Buried? As in never to be seen again? Nah, I can't. I just can't.
@ Sisi, meeeehn. I don't know how to express my grief again. I am so,
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Wislet(f): 10:06am On Dec 04, 2010
Dnt knw how i slept last nite. Des tears can't seem 2 stop flowing. Pls dis goes out 2 all of us to not see one another as strangers, but as a family. I barely know most of us here but i see nairaland & nairalanders as family. Most of de curses on here can reduce if we could @least get 2 know one another better, either thru contacts/personally. If no one would, i'd like to. . . . Rest in peace Bawo. I pray our God gives ur family de strength 2 bear this. U'll surely be missed on here. Luv u.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Wislet(f): 10:12am On Dec 04, 2010
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 04, 2010
No matter was killed, we lost a soul.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by dtwsola(m): 11:01am On Dec 04, 2010
My goodness. This is just so sad. Bawomolo. I can't believe it. Some times I really hate the United States. This is unfathomable. Senseless violence. And Chicago has to be the worst.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by FBS: 11:15am On Dec 04, 2010
Oh my GOD!!!  shocked
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by 4Play(m): 11:19am On Dec 04, 2010
Absolutely shocked to see this shocked Was literally hoping it was someoneelse.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by FBS: 11:21am On Dec 04, 2010
Rest In Peace bawolomo!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by FBS: 11:24am On Dec 04, 2010
May the Good Lord comfort your family.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 04, 2010
Made my weekend black. embarassed
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by DrDre1(m): 11:36am On Dec 04, 2010
Rest in Peace bro
We usually don't know the true worth of some people until they are gone cry
This is so sad, and annoying angry cry angry cry angry angry angry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Busybody2(f): 11:39am On Dec 04, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

My heart aches so bad. REALLY, WHAT IS THE POINT OF LIFE?
If [b]HE [/b]really is merciful, why this merciless, evil. . . . cry cry cry
I would give anything to go back in time.

T, tried calling you to gently ease you in on the development but . . . it is appointed cry . . . take heart . . . here's something i stumbled upon whilst trying to wrap my head around it too cry Can't make out the name of the author of the blog cos it is a Jewish site . . . I would like to know why too cry cry cry http://inspirationalinformation..com/2010/04/why-do-good-people-die-young-part-1.html

. . . I could never measure the heavens. I don’t know how He made the enormous subterranean force that grinds tectonic plates into one another, raising mountains. I don’t know how those plates float on the liquid core. I don’t know how He made the lava boiling up from under the plates enable life to exist by creating a balance of oxygen and carbon in the atmosphere. And I don’t know why He brings earthquakes that cause massive destruction.

I don’t know how He gathered the seas, or how He keeps them from overflowing the land. I don’t know how He powers tidal flow that is essential for life. I don’t know how He made ice the only substance that expands when it freezes, protecting water-bound life in the winter. And I don’t know why He make tidal waves that sweep away masses of life and beauty.

I don’t know how He makes the sun rises and sets every day. I don’t know how He changes the seasons, and how He gets the animals and plants to match the rhythm of seasonal pattern. I don’t know how He makes the wind blow or the rain fall. And I don’t know why He makes droughts or monsoons or hurricanes or tornadoes that wreck people’s lives.

I have never been to the depths of the sea or even visited all the continents. I didn’t know when I would be born and I don’t know how long I will live.

I couldn’t rotate the earth, much less spin the solar system around the sun, and certainly not swirl this Milky Way galaxy with its hundred-billion stars. (A million seconds is 12 days. A billion seconds is, 32 YEARS! To count the stars in our galaxy would take over 3000 years – almost since Matan Torah. And that is just one out of over 200 billion galaxies!) And I can’t coordinate the events of someone’s life.

I don’t know how my heart or liver or kidney work. I can’t scratch the surface of the complexity of DNA. And I don’t know why these systems stop functioning or cause suffering through cancer and break down.

I can’t hunt for a lion or supply food for the birds or cause deer to give birth. I don’t know why some birds sing beautifully and some birds have stunning plumage. I don’t understand why some animals care for their young and some young fend for themselves. I couldn’t decide which animals should eat their offspring, and which animals should feed on their parent’s bodies.

I didn’t make the horse fast or the snail slow. I didn’t make the tiger brave and the sloth timid. I couldn’t make a bird that flies or a fish that swims . . .

hmmm, o ga o  cry cry cry cry cry cry

Where is Cbase, Sauron, Sino, Mr McCrackles, Eldee, Ibime, Krayola, Ariblaze, Vescwhachumacallit and Doyin13, an eulogy would not go amiss here cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by mukina2: 11:47am On Dec 04, 2010
Oh God cry cry cry cry

i dont know what to say anymore. cry cry

how can someone so young so full of life, someone with plenty dreams ahead of him just die so cruelly cry cry

Bawo you'll forever live in our hearts cry cry
Nairaland has lost a gem cry
i'll miss your posts on our section, we shared the same pain when our beloved team won/lost. I went back reading your post and still trying to understand why . . cry

i wish and hope and pray the whole of yday night that you'll come back and tell us it was a case of mistaken identity cry cry cry

I pray your family has the strength to go by each day. this is soo sad cry cry cry

RIp brother cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Busybody2(f): 11:56am On Dec 04, 2010
^^^ You can say that again Mukina2 cry This is the only person I clashed with on NL and apologised rightaway even calling him Big Bro, because back then I used to think he was in his mid-thirties because of the level of maturity he always displayed cry cry cry

@Sagamite

I saw it all oh. . . don't even know what to say again cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by SisiKill1: 11:56am On Dec 04, 2010
Busy_body:

T, tried calling you to gently ease you in on the development but . . . it is appointed cry . . . take heart . . . here's something i stumbled upon whilst trying to wrap my head around it too cry Can't make out the name of the author of the blog cos it is a Jewish site . . . I would like to know why too cry cry cry http://inspirationalinformation..com/2010/04/why-do-good-people-die-young-part-1.html

. . . I could never measure the heavens. I don’t know how He made the enormous subterranean force that grinds tectonic plates into one another, raising mountains. I don’t know how those plates float on the liquid core. I don’t know how He made the lava boiling up from under the plates enable life to exist by creating a balance of oxygen and carbon in the atmosphere. And I don’t know why He brings earthquakes that cause massive destruction.

I don’t know how He gathered the seas, or how He keeps them from overflowing the land. I don’t know how He powers tidal flow that is essential for life. I don’t know how He made ice the only substance that expands when it freezes, protecting water-bound life in the winter. And I don’t know why He make tidal waves that sweep away masses of life and beauty.

I don’t know how He makes the sun rises and sets every day. I don’t know how He changes the seasons, and how He gets the animals and plants to match the rhythm of seasonal pattern. I don’t know how He makes the wind blow or the rain fall. And I don’t know why He makes droughts or monsoons or hurricanes or tornadoes that wreck people’s lives.

I have never been to the depths of the sea or even visited all the continents. I didn’t know when I would be born and I don’t know how long I will live.

I couldn’t rotate the earth, much less spin the solar system around the sun, and certainly not swirl this Milky Way galaxy with its hundred-billion stars. (A million seconds is 12 days. A billion seconds is, 32 YEARS! To count the stars in our galaxy would take over 3000 years – almost since Matan Torah. And that is just one out of over 200 billion galaxies!) And I can’t coordinate the events of someone’s life.

I don’t know how my heart or liver or kidney work. I can’t scratch the surface of the complexity of DNA. And I don’t know why these systems stop functioning or cause suffering through cancer and break down.

I can’t hunt for a lion or supply food for the birds or cause deer to give birth. I don’t know why some birds sing beautifully and some birds have stunning plumage. I don’t understand why some animals care for their young and some young fend for themselves. I couldn’t decide which animals should eat their offspring, and which animals should feed on their parent’s bodies.

I didn’t make the horse fast or the snail slow. I didn’t make the tiger brave and the sloth timid. I couldn’t make a bird that flies or a fish that swims . . .

hmmm, o ga o  cry cry cry cry cry cry

Where is Cbase, Sauron, Mr McCrackles, Eldee, Ibime, Krayola, Ariblaze, Vescwhachumacallit and Doyin13, an eulogy would not go amiss here cry
Thank you for this BB.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by MissyB3(f): 12:00pm On Dec 04, 2010
Ah! I think I have lost hope of Bawomolo coming here to repeat the same words he wrote early January this year ''lol, I'm back''.

Nothing is working right. . . . .Not even my head, right now. The only thought on my mind before I slept was Bawomol[/b]o and the first one when I woke up this morning, [b]Bawomolo again. If tears could bring him back, I swear he would be here with us now.

I ask myself, why am I crying like a child? Why am I this hurt, considering the fact that all we did was exchange comments nothing more? Woke up this morning, thinking about him and started crying again, why? Did I care all along and didn't realize it? If he had stopped using NL w/o anything bad happening to him, would I have felt this bad? Is it just Bawomolo or I care about the well-being of all Nairalanders? How is it possible that, one is concerned about people one doesn't know in reality, that bonds are created even in Cyberia? What were his last thoughts, words?

I don't have answers but one thing I know is, I'm really sorry. E pain me. Words and emoticons cannot express how much.
I can only imagine how people like Ileke and spike feel right now. Say nothing of his family.

The only thing I keep saying since yesterday is ''It is well'. I don't even understand what I mean by that. Missy, what is well? Well where?

I don't know how effective these words can be after death but, I just want to say it because it's really my wish. It's the only thing I wish for right now, after absorbing the fact that tears and wishes cannot bring him back - Rest in Perfect Peace, Bawomolo. That particular peace that transcends human understanding. Rest brother, rest.

I hope I find peace too, now that I've penned almost everything on my mind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply)

3 Die In Mysterious Well In Anambra, Rescuer Receives Strange Slap / Police Parade Okotubo, Don Wanny's Senior Gang Member Over Omoku Killings / Photos From Robbery On Ikorodu Road This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.