Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us - Crime (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us (46170 Views)

RiverPoly Student Shot Dead In The Ogoni Crisis (Graphic Photo) / Burial Of Nkiruka, The Female Student Shot By Soldiers Announced / Final Year Mapoly Student Shot Dead By Suspected Cult Members - Graphic Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 04, 2010
R.I.P B.Awomolo
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Princek12(m): 3:30pm On Dec 04, 2010
RIP.

I hope those bastards in Chi town who committed this crime are brought to face the wrath of the law. Even though I had no chance to get to know you, from my fellow Nairalanders' comments, it is glaring you were a wonderful and great person. You will obviously be missed.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by slap1(m): 3:33pm On Dec 04, 2010
Ma Big Boy . . . rest in peace.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Eeyore(m): 3:33pm On Dec 04, 2010
Bawo is okay. He was shot 6 times point blank by gangsters in downtown chicago.

He's currently recording a rap album about it.

This 2010 his pepper must rest. So no time for nairaland.

The above "prophecy" was posted by Tudor on 1st January this year @ https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-374355.0.html

Makes me wonder, really.

Anyways, Rest In Peace is traditional.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by SirKay3(m): 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2010
So sad a news. May the Lord give his family the grace and strength to bear the loss.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2010
Jeeeeeez!

This guy just became my friend on YM barely two months ago. I even turned down a suggestion of FB request from him. Omg! I chatted with him just once or twice and I've never made out time to chat with him again.

He's such a humble guy . . . So full of dreams, so unassuming! I can't believe this!

Infact, I need a moment here!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by otokx(m): 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2010
Can we please have a moment of silence
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by phreakabit(m): 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2010
RIP Bro.  cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by akwaowoudo(m): 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2010
It's sad that he's gone; hard to come to equilibrium that it's so. I believe his soul would hunt his killer. I pray rest for the departed comrade's soul. His departure with or without words to the NL community pains. It grieves! _ exchanging and subjecting the daily meals of many for tears. The NL kitchen is being shut down because of a tsunami. Oh! May God console many especially Missy B, i know how down she is. So sad! Comments would no more be complete in NL, sleep well brother!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by maninmood(m): 3:58pm On Dec 04, 2010
RIP Bro. Till we meet again. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by jumobi1(m): 4:01pm On Dec 04, 2010
I remember seeing his name around the forum although I never interacted with him. The news of his death really pains me. R.I.P. It's a Cold World.
God knows best
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2010
This is terrible. At loss for words. God be with his family, and rest his soul.

Still i hope he will come on here and say it isnt so  cry cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by seyibrown(f): 4:06pm On Dec 04, 2010
RIP!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Tsiya(m): 4:07pm On Dec 04, 2010
One of the few nice guys who don't insult Northerners.

I always respected him

RIP.___
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by TewMuch: 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2010
As for those peddling news that he was shot in the head please respect yourself and the dead.For the rest of us no matter how long you have spent abroad if akata approaches u to obtain u, just give everything you have up.Akata generally have nothing to lose, jail or prison is not a big deal.RIP bawo.Help your family catch them.May they never have peace.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by sandieee(f): 4:19pm On Dec 04, 2010
Rest in peace pal sad
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 04, 2010
So shocking,

Inna Lillahi,wa inna Ilayhi Rajiun cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Justcash(m): 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2010
R.I.P Bawomolo. I remember your contributions perfectly. I'll miss ya. (Still hoping it aint true)
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Koikoi(m): 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2010
sad and annoying. any reason(s) for his murder?
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tolutara: 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2010
A face book Page has been opened for him for us at NL to pay our respects. Please join and put up a few words.

RIP Olubusayo Awomolo ( Nairaland Will Miss You)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_174769082552282&notif_t=group_r2j

I am sure his family will be viewing it at some point. It will be nice for them to see that their son did touch some lives and that there are people wishing them God's comfort during this difficult time.

If you have any problems joining , please let me know.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 04, 2010
otokx:

Can we please have a moment of silence

seconded here. I'm not even sure how this thread is helping anymore.
Lesson learnt - every moment we get to show some love, pat a brother on the back, encourage a fellow SHOULD be taken. I'm surprised with those who lived so close and yet cared so little when he was alive. Whats the point caring only in death?
God keep your family bro.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by ADM1(m): 4:35pm On Dec 04, 2010
I didn't know the guy since I'm a rookie here, but may he rest in peace. I hope the person who did this is caught.
R.I.P. Bamowolo.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by jle(f): 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2010
rip
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by jle(f): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2010
rip
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by mystikal(m): 4:42pm On Dec 04, 2010
oh mayne, just hearing this. Sad Sad Sad.

Never met him (cept briefly on YIM n here), but cant help d tear drop. May his Soul find the peace he deserves!
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by TewMuch: 4:43pm On Dec 04, 2010
The american is obviously deluded.why is any black neighborhood filled with gun violence? Ask yourself that question.Your brothers need to wash their heads.You know the black community has issues.I was in chicago when a black African PhD student in his last month of PhD was shot dead on the university of chicago campus.Black males did that too.This was an African on full scholarship at the university of chicago studying the most complicated course I have heard about till today.A brilliant guy shot after toiling for 5 years to get that PhD. He was also the hope of his parents.So many stories like these.All those welfare kids should be enrolled in the army and sent away.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by konami001: 4:44pm On Dec 04, 2010
And now a moment of silence, let us pray
And as you journey into outerspace
may the angels help to lead the way
shine up on your soul to keep you safe
And all the homies that done passed away
They there to greet you as you pass the gates
And as you headed to the tunnel's light
I hope it leads to eternal life, RIP MAN,

MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE IN THE NEXT LIFE,
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2010
bk.babe97y:

To say I dont have tears in my eyes right now would be a damn lie. This is the first time I actually read 12 pages straight on here. I guess I did it in hopes that by the 13th page Bawolomo would be back on telling everyone this was a freaking mistake. Poor dude. I used to tease him about the gals in his profile pic when I first started on here, (teasingly) asking him to hook me up. He got tired of answering and started ignoring me. lol.

Bawolomo, you used your journey on earth in a proper, manly manner. No regrets for you, except that you left too early. Now, make sure (if there's a hereafter) to continue you journey in the upright manner in which you seem to be accustomed to. May peace be with you wherever you are right now.

Adieu!

*rubs bk's shoulders* like I said, i must have spoken to him a few times but even then it is never easy for me to cope with death. cry cry cry cry
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2010
Tudór:

'Sharp words' indeed. Infact looking at the scale of the vitriol you threw his way, I think you are the number 1 suspect for this murder.

either that or you are a psychic! undecided
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by babsmii(m): 4:53pm On Dec 04, 2010
RIP bruv, never knew you but good testimonies about you abound on here so im gonna wish you a perfect rest in peace, we are still alive by the grace of God so please, have a though. wat would people say about you when you die, im not saying if you die now cos i know there are few imbalance mates on here
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by tolutara: 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2010
Come and Light a candle for your fellow NLander at the below.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-562307.0.html#msg7271423

Rest In peace dear.
Re: A Nigerian Student Shot And Killed In Us by magicfairy(m): 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2010
What a great loss to the world!  What a great loss to nairaland! What a great loss to your family! At just 21,a life cut short too soon!  Rest in Peace wherever you are!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply)

Police Arrest Ritualist & Robbers In Rivers, Recover Dead Body & Cars (Graphic / Photo Of Lady In Edo Pinned With Nails And Juju In Her Mother-In-Law's Wardrobe / Man Bathes Married Lover With Acid In Oyo (graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.