Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,053 members, 7,835,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Are Hebrews Really Black People ? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Hebrews Really Black People ? (18151 Views)

Jewish Rabbinical Court Ruling That Igbos Are Hebrews (continued) / Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:
Around 1442 the Portuguese first arrived in sub-Saharan Africa while trying to find a sea route to India. The term negro, literally meaning "black", was used by the Spanish and Portuguese as a simple description to refer to people. From the 18th century to the late 1960s, "negro" (later capitalized) was considered to be the proper English-language term for certain people of sub-Saharan African origin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/negro

Cc: mysticwarrior, khia
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by khia: 12:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:

Cc: mysticwarrior, khia

Now I understand your confusion. Bro, please stay off of wikepedia. In colleges and universities here in America we aren't allowed to use Wikipedia as a source of information. Wikipedia gives out false information.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by oaroloye(m): 1:04pm On Jan 03, 2020
SHALOM!

lilianofentse:
I'm confused. A friend of mine was talking about this last week. She said blacks are the real israelites /Hebrews. Please how true is this.

Cc: okcornel you sound like a confusionist. You asked for evidence and you were provided with both scriptoral and historical evidence yet you keep rambling. Hei cry

"HEBREWS ARE BLACK PEOPLE" IS NOT THE SAME THING AS SAYING "BLACK PEOPLE ARE HEBREWS."

All Hebrews were not Israelites- Israel was the twin brother of Esau: both were Hebrews.

Only the descendants of Yacub were Israelites.

Some Black Africans are of Hebrew descent, but not all of us.

The Igbos may have been of Israelite Descent, but their forefathers were never in Israel, according to their own belief, but left Egypt before the Exodus. They never knew anything about Moses, and forgot anything they ever knew about Abraham and his Legacy.

Bantus of the Congo, Ashantis of Ghana, and others are allegedly of Israelite descent- but so far as I know, this descent has been pretty much worthless, until this time.

The people calling themselves "JEWS" were merely Oyinbo Converts to Judaism in the 9th Century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulan_(Khazar)

[See: THE INTERNATIONAL JEW: The World's Most Foremost Problem, by Henry Ford.]

The Oyinbos now want to throw The Bible away, just as The Truth resurfaces, after Centuries of trying to drown it.

No wonder they are so big on Suicide!

Their egos just cannot take it.

It is claimed by American Black Hebrew Israelite zealots that SKIN CANCER is a leading cause of death amongst Oyinbo Israelis.

https://www.health.gov.il/English/News_and_Events/Spokespersons_Messages/Pages/15082019_1.aspx

If that is true, it helps underscore the obvious fact that THEY ARE just NOT SUITED FOR THAT CLIMATE.

1 Like

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 1:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
khia:

Now I understand your confusion. Bro, please stay off of wikepedia. In colleges and universities here in America we aren't allowed to use Wikipedia as a source of information. Wikipedia gives out false information.

You make me laugh, so you think Wikipedia does not have its information drawn from journals in American and European universities?

Let me bring the original source for you then
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 1:16pm On Jan 03, 2020
lilianofentse:
I'm confused. A friend of mine was talking about this last week. She said blacks are the real israelites /Hebrews. Please how true is this.

Cc: okcornel you sound like a confusionist. You asked for evidence and you were provided with both scriptoral and historical evidence yet you keep rambling. Hei cry

Sorry, what historical evidence was provided to explain how the following Semitic races in the Middle East today are not blacks?

1) Elamites (Present day Iranians)
2) Arphaxad (Chaldeans now part of present day Iraqis)
3) Arameans (Present day Syrians)
4) Lydians (Present day Turks)
5) Asshur (Assyrians now part of present day Iraq/Syria)

If the Semitic race was black as some people claimed, how did they evolve from black to their present day olive skinned complexion?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by khia: 1:18pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:

You make me laugh, so you think Wikipedia does not have its information drawn from journals in American and European universities?

Let me bring the original source for you then

My point is, if you are determined to use Wikipedia for your source of information make sure you research, research and research again.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 1:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
khia:

Here are the original sources from which the definition of Negro was extracted from;

1) "Negro: definition of Negro in Oxford dictionary (British & World English)". Oxforddictionaries.com. Retrieved 11 May 2014.

2) Holpuch, Amanda (25 February 2013). "US Census Bureau drops 'negro' as option for respondents on race". The Guardian.

Please what is your next excuse? That these are not reliable sources too?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 1:21pm On Jan 03, 2020
khia:

My point is, if you feel compelled to use Wikipedia for your source of information make sure you research, research and research again.

I have put the original source from which the definition of Negro was extracted from. Are these sources false?

1) "Negro: definition of Negro in Oxford dictionary (British & World English)". Oxforddictionaries.com. Retrieved 11 May 2014.

2) Holpuch, Amanda (25 February 2013). "US Census Bureau drops 'negro' as option for respondents on race". The Guardian.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by khia: 1:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:

Here are the original sources from which the definition of Negro was extracted from;

Please what is your next excuse? That these are not reliable sources too?

I was talking about your information about the Hebrews.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 1:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
khia:

I was talking about your information about the Hebrews.

Like what and what?

How did you conclude I got my information on the Hebrews from Wikipedia only?

Didn’t you see me make reference to the book of Jasher, the Antiquities of the Jews by Josephus Flavius and other ancient books. Or are these ones from Wikipedia too?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by khia: 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:

Like what and what?

How did you conclude I got my information on the Hebrews from Wikipedia only?

Because your information is so false and lack logic
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by Scottallen: 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2020
khia:

I'm not claiming anything just stating historical facts. Don't worry, the fact that ancient and present day Hebrews are black won't stop your beloved white folks from existing so calm down.

I'm for the truth. I'm unapologically an aboriginal African from Alaigbo, Nigeria. I have no business with White people.

Peace to you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
khia:

Because your information is so false and lack logic

Lol, please use your “truthful and logical information” to explain;

1) The origin of the “pure black race” in Brazil, and how they got “exterminated” by interracial marriage.

2) How the Semitic races (Turks, Iraqis, Syrians, Iranians, Hebrews) evolved from blacks to their present day olive skinned complexion.

3) If you claim it’s by interracial marriages, why is Subsaharan Africa still dominated by the blacks? Or this logic of interracial marriages no longer applies to Subsaharan Africa too? Abi interracial marriages were limited to the Middle East hmmm?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
Khia asked for the definition of Negro, and according to her, it seems the definition of the one from Wikipedia (which in turn sourced its information from oxford dictionary) is wrong. cheesy

Khia, please give us your definition of the word negro and back it up with reliable sources let’s see if it’s anything different from what I posted
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by khia: 1:50pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:
Khia asked for the definition of Negro, and according to her, it seems the definition of the one from Wikipedia (which in turn sourced its information from oxford dictionary) is wrong. cheesy

Khia, please give us your definition of the word negro and back it up with reliable sources let’s see if it’s anything different from what I posted

Damn, are you stuck on stupid? I told you that I was questioning your source of information when it came to the topic of this thread.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 1:52pm On Jan 03, 2020
khia:

Damn, are you stuck on stupid? I told you that I was questioning your source of information when it came to the topic of this thread.

Lol, the tantrum parade continues cheesy

Can you please provide us with the definition of Negro and see if it’s anything different from what I posted?

All these diversion tactics is not lost on anyone here cheesy
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 1:56pm On Jan 03, 2020
Negroes are blacks of Subsaharan Africa origin.

Now let’s see how this can be denied, and if not...

Please how did the Hebrews (which are Negroes according to some people here) disappear from the Middle East and ended up in Subsaharan Africa? cheesy cheesy
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by khia: 2:00pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:

Lol, the tantrum parade continues cheesy

Can you please provide us with the definition of Negro and see if it’s anything different from what I posted?

All these diversion tactics is not lost on anyone here cheesy

Everyone knows that negro means black but I wonder why you keep deflecting from the topic of this thread. I think all of your information concerning this topic came from Wikipedia which is unreliable.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 2:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
khia:

Everyone knows that negro means black but I wonder why you keep deflecting from the topic of this thread. I think all of your information concerning this topic came from Wikipedia which is unreliable.

I didn’t know the Bible, the book of Jasher, the Antiquity of the Jews and other links I’ve posted here all sourced from Wikipedia hmmm?

Negroes are blacks of Subsaharan Africa origin. What are the connecting dots with Hebrews and the Negroes?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:
There is absolutely no evidence that the Jew’s had black skin, not that it would matter, but we must restrict our findings based upon what the Bible says and not speculation or conjecture. There are also no reliable extra-biblical sources or even secular historical sources that say that Jesus was black. Hebrews likely had olive-colored skin, not black or white as some pictures falsely showed Christ to be. Matthew was written to the Jewish Christians who could see that Jesus was clearly the prophesied Messiah that would be this Promised Seed of Abraham (Gen 12:3) and the descendant (son) of David.

Jesus’ Ethnicity
There is little doubt that since Jesus was born a Jew He had to have the attributes of other Jews and there is no recorded historical accounts of black Jews in His time, however there were black Jews who had converted to Judaism but that is no reason to believe that Jesus was black. The descendants of Abraham all had olive colored skin with a light brown complexion just as do all Jews around the world today, no matter what part of the world they live in. Hebrews 7:14 clearly states that “it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, and in connection with that tribe Moses said nothing about priests” (Heb 7:14). Jesus being from Nazareth and being a Galilean meant that He was easily identifiable as to where He came from, just like Peter was (Matt 26:69).

Are There Black Jews?
Since Israel is so close to Africa, it is very possible that some of the Jews expelled by the Rome from Judea traveled to and lived in Africa. Some of the Jews could easily have intermarried with blacks but this has nothing to do with Jesus’ ethnicity and His being 100% Jewish by lineage (Matt 1). Some so-called Black Hebrews claim that they are descendants of the Jews and it is possible since some may have intermarried, there could be some but those of the nation of Israel originally were all ethnic Jews.

Even today there are blacks that claim that they are of Jewish descent and they practice very ancient Jewish customs but it is not whether they have Jewish blood in them but whether they are true, 100% descendants of the biblical Hebrews.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/christiancrier/2014/06/12/was-jesus-black-what-race-was-jesus-christ/

This must have been sourced from Wikipedia as well!
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:
This thread is laughable to be honest. If only the black race were truly aware of the achievements of their ancestors, they wouldn’t be dragging and claiming if the Jews were black or if blacks were Jews.

From the glory of the Bini Kingdom, to the amazing mastery of astrology by the Dogon tribe in Mali, to the achievements of King Mansa Musa of that same Malian empire, to the wealth of the Ashanti empire. Or is it the kingdom of Cush (ancient Ethiopia), or the mysterious but yet enchanting Nok Culture in sub-Saharan Africa.

Many other countless achievements lost to the sands of time in terms of knowledge and spirituality, yet people are here trying to validate the black race by claiming they were ancient Jews with outright lies and anomalies.

Smh, ignorance and identity crises.

This was extracted from Wikipedia too! cheesy
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 2:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:

Let us put your interpretation of Jeremiah 14 v 2 to the test, and see what gates truly mean;

Benson Commentary;
And the gates languish, they are black
— “They are in deep mourning:” so Blaney, who observes, “The gates of cities, being places of public resort, where the courts of justice were held, and other common business transacted, seem here to be put for the persons wont to meet there; in like manner as when we say, ‘The court is in mourning,’ we mean the persons that attend the court. So that by this passage we are to understand, that all the persons who appeared in public were dejected, and put on black, or mourning, on account of the national distress.

Pulpit Commentary
The gates thereof; i.e. the people assembled there. They are black unto the ground. "To be black," in Hebrew, is "to be dressed in mourning";
(so e.g., Psalm 35:14, "I bowed down in black" ). Here we must understand the same verb which is expressed in the psalm, "They bowed down in mourning attire to the ground." "Black," however, is not to be taken literally; it means rather "squalid, unwashed" (of garments).

1) MrPresident.1 where does gates mean leaders in Hebrew? And how does people being dressed in black to mourn automatically mean they are black in complexion?

2) Are you also ready to provide me with evidence of Chaldea conquered by Assyria in Abraham's lifetime?

Another Wikipedia source according to khia
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 2:19pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:

1) The origin of the “pure black race” in Brazil, and how they got “exterminated” by interracial marriage.

2) How the Semitic races (Turks, Iraqis, Syrians, Iranians, Hebrews) evolved from blacks to their present day olive skinned complexion.

3) If you claim it’s by interracial marriages, why is Subsaharan Africa still dominated by the blacks? Or this logic of interracial marriages no longer applies to Subsaharan Africa too? Abi interracial marriages were limited to the Middle East hmmm?

Khia, please give us your sources as you answer these questions. We need historical facts and evidences.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by khia: 2:25pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:

I didn’t know the Bible, the book of Jasher, the Antiquity of the Jews and other links I’ve posted here all sourced from Wikipedia hmmm?

Negroes are blacks of Subsaharan Africa origin. What are the connecting dots with Hebrews and the Negroes?

Stop seeking information about the Jews(a religion) and seek information on the Hebrews.

Here are a couple of facts for you.

All Hebrews are Jews but not all Jews are Hebrews. All Hebrews are black but all blacks are not Hebrews.
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 2:28pm On Jan 03, 2020
khia:

Stop seeking information about the Jews(a religion) and seek information on the Hebrews.

Here are a couple of facts for you.

All Hebrews are Jews but not all Jews are Hebrews. All Hebrews are black but all blacks are not Hebrews.

Is this the answer to how all the Semitic races (Hebrews inclusive) in the Middle East are not blacks? The excuse is no longer interracial marriage?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 2:32pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:

When will khia and “the Hebrews were/are blacks” folks give answers backed up with historical facts to these questions?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
Another question please.

Ishmael’s mother Hagar, arranged for an Egyptian to marry her son.

Were Ishmaelites blacks too? smiley
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by khia: 3:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:

When will khia and “the Hebrews were/are blacks” folks give answers backed up with historical facts to these questions?

We have given the facts to you over and over again but you are to prideful to except the truth if it doesn't line up with your truth

1 Like

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by khia: 3:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:
Another question please.

Ishmael’s mother Hagar, arranged for an Egyptian to marry her son.

Were Ishmaelites blacks too? smiley

Did Ishmael come from Abraham?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 3:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
khia:

Did Ishmael come from Abraham?

Yes dear

1) He was Abraham’s first son
2) His mother was an Egyptian
3) His mother married him to an Egyptian lady.
4) He is regarded as a patriarch to the Arab nation.

Now, why aren’t the Arabs black today or considered blacks in the past?
Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by OkCornel(m): 3:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
khia:

We have given the facts to you over and over again but you are to prideful to except the truth if it doesn't line up with your truth

Haha, are you mistaking guesses for facts? Which historical facts and evidences were provided to answer these questions?

2) How the Semitic races (Turks, Iraqis, Syrians, Iranians, Hebrews) evolved from black to their present day olive skinned complexion.

Re: Are Hebrews Really Black People ? by khia: 4:15pm On Jan 03, 2020
OkCornel:

Yes dear

1) He was Abraham’s first son
2) His mother was an Egyptian
3) His mother married him to an Egyptian lady.
4) He is regarded as a patriarch to the Arab nation.

Now, why aren’t the Arabs black today or considered blacks in the past?

My point was, Ishmael came from Abraham, a Black Hebrew, according to the Bible you are what your father is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

How I Listen To The Audio Bible (my Advice) / I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? / Witches & Aspiring Witches Meet Here: 36 Signs You Are A Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.