Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? (33347 Views)

Slave Masters At Work Place / My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. / How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by Esirirapheal: 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2019
Jokerman:
I only shouted at the security man once coz I asked him to do something. He didn't coz I believe he's listening to talks. I have always asked him to flash my number when he doesn't understand something Buh he wouldn't... The next time I asked him to do something, and he refused blatantly, that's he's doing his job and his reason in front of other staff was that he didn't like the way I talked to him.. I wanted to call his company Buh my mom is saying I shouldn't although I would still change him

I feel he's feeling he's older than me, and I can't be ordering him around.

I stopped the collection of fees by this staff because they were using the money anyhow, borrowing other staff money and other people in the vicinity, so much it became a laughing stock. So when I assumed this post, I sent bulk messages to all our parents that school fees to any staff is stopped. Some found it hard to stop, hence why I introduced strictness

Now they go spoiling me this and that. I hear this stuff but I pay no attention to that. At my front, they behave, at my back, Na so so talk
People must talk you've to learn how to live with that bro you're doing the right thing
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2019
With the experience I had, the one and only option you have is to sack them all. Recruit fresh and qualified staffs. Sharing from experience.

No Long Story Needed.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by madgoat(m): 6:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
Jokerman:

Nope... I don't, Buh I apply much strictness, and I carry everyone along

The main problem was the fees I stopped staff from collecting on behalf of the school

Salaries aren't owed
We pay on the 25th and 26th
Teachers are allowed to do private lesson without the school collecting any percentage or any fee from them
They are paid lesson money after 3 months( summation)

Things I stopped that made it feel was strict

1. Collection of school fees
2. Free movement to and from the school by introducing movement book and staff signing in book
3. Too much communication between staff and parents
4. Removal of staff from staying at the gate during assembly, I instructed prefects to do that I.e assist the security in transfer and conveyance of loads etc
5. Reduced the use of staff in doing things that the normal headmistress should do

Staff pupils pay half of the school fees pee term

One teacher (adult) should be at the gate with the prefect please.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by Jokerman(m): 6:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
madgoat:

One teacher (adult) should be at the gate with the prefect please.

The security man is already there with the prefects (3). I put teachers there, instead of facing assembly and other stuff, they started gossiping, I.e some even fought with parents
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by Wallade(m): 6:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
Jokerman:
I only shouted at the security man once coz I asked him to do something. He didn't coz I believe he's listening to talks. I have always asked him to flash my number when he doesn't understand something Buh he wouldn't... The next time I asked him to do something, and he refused blatantly, that's he's doing his job and his reason in front of other staff was that he didn't like the way I talked to him.. I wanted to call his company Buh my mom is saying I shouldn't although I would still change him

I stopped the collection of fees by this staff because they were using the money anyhow, borrowing other staff money and other people in the vicinity, so much it became a laughing stock. So when I assumed this post, I sent bulk messages to all our parents that school fees to any staff is stopped. Some found it hard to stop, hence why I introduced strictness

Now they go spoiling me this and that. I hear this stuff but I pay no attention to that. At my front, they behave, at my back, Na so so talk

I would suggest that you request the management of the security outfit to change that security staff that is involved in this confrontation:

"The next time I asked him to do something, and he refused blatantly, that's he's doing his job and his reason in front of other staff was that he didn't like the way I talked to him".

Going forward, avoid confrontations with staff and security staff. Gradually recruit new, quality and experienced staff at the rate of "one per term".

Be careful and respectful to older staff and maintain a cordial relationship with folks at work. Make conscious effort to make the environment conducive.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by jokyboy: 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
Jokerman:
Hello. I need advice on this topic

About a year ago, my Dad died, being an owner of a primary school with my mom, thereafter o assumed head of the school, although I run my own freelance engineering installation and maintenance service on HVACs and Diesel engines.

In course of this education line, I'm obtaining my certificate in PGDE( in view).

Now this is the case...

There are some old staff in the school then whom use to collect school fees on behalf of the school and you know Nigerians, instead of remitting the fees to the school, they divert and scam and even go as far as lending money to different people in the vicinity.

However since I took over, I forcefully stopped the collection, and redirected all fees to be paid at the bank. Mhen, it was not small trouble, fight, gossiping, spoiling me at the back etc, but I never listened to such, and right now no one collects these fees again... Everything goes through me coz I'm trying to sanitize it. I also required the services of a registered security company operator (sheriff deputies) for the school

Problems I needed advice

1. Sometimes these rebellion. They gossip and talk evil to people that I'm very harsh etc

2. I have changed 2 security operators because of compromises with these staff. I will give instruction, Buh those they'd do otherwise and bend to what other older staff tell them. Recently, the present security did something contrary and I scolded him toughly. Recently, he had an alteration with a parent and I asked him to just plead with her. He refused blatantly. I was surprised and even my mom too. He said he doesn't like the way I scold him and that's why bla bla bla, infront of all other staff. My mom asked me not to change him Buh I'm skeptical

I already feel like changing him with his company supervisor coz he lives around the vicinity and he now gossips with those old staff who might be telling him I'm too young to order him to do things

4. These old staffs are like friends to my mom and they already carry a lot of influence with most of the parents (which I also cut off too). One of them is wife to my mom's brother

5. My mother has been telling me to be patient even my wife. I do not want to employ an headteacher until I change a lot of things

The school has about 300-350 pupils, and employs 18 staff

Advice needed

Truth be told,you lack management skills and leadership qualities, you must understand how to manage people and I tell you if you continue like this you will fall this business your father had built over the years, from what I see you are being too authoritative, you must learn how to win your staff over and be loyal,it has nothing to do with age here but your altitude and approach is faulty, am not against discipline or being strict but wisdom is profitable to direct.i have a close friend and this is the same way he run down their school his mum has built for years all in the name of strictness. when you start losing staff and students you will understand.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by dandollaz: 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2019
You must not be a tyrant to prove yourself.Talk less and act more.make sure you handle finance and payment they will bow.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by Liposure: 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
Even though u are doing the rite thing.at the same try n be diplomatic.Reach a compromise.U can even befriend one of the staff 2 help u repair the already damaged relationship u have with your staff. Also attending leadership seminar can be an added advantage.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by Jokerman(m): 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2019
Thanks all for the advices.

Even my mom was happy with the school fees collection I stopped.

I have introduced a lot of innovation to the school.

There's now a communications booklet, they do more extracurricular activities, excursions, web based adverts (Facebook page and bulk sms, email). The school was already registered as a company before my Dad died

The staff I recruited myself respect me and we are close (not too close)

During our last end of the year party, I publicly awarded gifts and called out 2 of our most hardworking staff( I bought them blenders)

The problem is the money I forcefully stopped from them. They tried all means to make sure I handed it over, Buh I wasn't moved. So some now asked the parents to be giving the pupils their fees by hand and paying to me at the reception rather than bank. I photocopied copies of the bank account to the security operator to be giving the parents whenever I ain't around so they can use the bank, however they'd always do otherwise. If I change this security man, this will be the 3rd one. I expected an older man to be wiser.

Even a rival school told my mom to ensure fees are paid at the bank before my Dad died.

I even promoted the said champion of the staff to headteacher, still it didn't pacify her...
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by Jokerman(m): 6:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
jokyboy:

Truth be told,you lack management skills and leadership qualities, you must understand how to manage people and I tell you if you continue like this you will fall this business your father had built over the years, from what I see you are being too authoritative, you must learn how to win your staff over and be loyal,it has nothing to do with age here but your altitude and approach is faulty, am not against discipline or being strict but wisdom is profitable to direct.i have a close friend and this is the same way he run down their school his mum has built for years all in the name of strictness. when you start losing staff and students you will understand.

Thanks bro... I'd try to be better
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
Some of us who have businesses, I think it is good if our children are exposed to the workings and operations of the business ones our children are in senior secondary school.

Assuming the op was partially involved in the running of the school even on part time basis when his father was alive he would not be having these issues.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by emkz: 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
I had a case where a senior technician undermined me as a youth corper. Though he was a brother to the company owner, I ordered him out of the project without recourse to the boss. He called the technical manager who told him she couldn't reverse my decision as I was managing the project.

They see you as a small boy and can't bend to you. Find out the terms of their contract and fire them. They'd be too proud to beg you, but your business is greater than their pride.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by OluwaWizzy(m): 6:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
DavidEsq:

What exactly have u said now? Na so all these motivational speakers use take chop ppl money anyhow. Awon scam

Your comment shows how you have closed your boarder of learning as Naija's boarder (No insults). Put off bad energy on people's opinions rather respect them. It would have been more polite if you seek clarification, sir/ma!

This isn't Twitter, yo!

To your understanding
Cheers!
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by linearity: 6:52pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hire a School Administrator, someone with the Education and skills in School administration, call him/her School Administrator or Headmaster, Headmistress, Principal, it does not matter as long as they know the that person is in charge, then that person reports to you.

I don’t know, why you think you can’t implement Changes through an Administrator, in fact that is the best way to implement effective changes, because you do it behind the scenes, you just direct them and what to do and evaluate results.

That individual should also have the power to query, fire and hire people subject to your review. Let the workers know there are rules and regulations and don’t be afraid to approve queries, firing, etc because if they believe there will be no consequences, they will not fall in line.

They should know, they were hired to do a particular job and they must do it and be held accountable.

Forget about the back talks, you can’t please everyone no matter how hard you may try....just make sure you are fair, ethical & honest.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by Eleniyan15: 6:53pm On Dec 28, 2019
OluwaWizzy:
Hello OP,
As much as this concerns leadership, it still boils down to people management.

In management communication, there is a concept called "bottom to top" & "top to bottom"
As a top executive of the organisation, create a platform for engagement with all staff. Use the approach of growth as it concerns you, the students and the staff.

Clearly state how you seek to build structure for the organisation. Also attend leadership and management workshop, not neglecting your subordinate to drink out of the knowledge river as well.

On the contrary, do you really shout at staff??

Sound like a sociologist
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
Jokerman:
Thanks all for the advices.

Even my mom was happy with the school fees collection I stopped.

I have introduced a lot of innovation to the school.

There's now a communications booklet, they do more extracurricular activities, excursions, web based adverts (Facebook page and bulk sms, email). The school was already registered as a company before my Dad died

The staff I recruited myself respect me and we are close (not too close)

During our last end of the year party, I publicly awarded gifts and called out 2 of our most hardworking staff( I bought them blenders)

The problem is the money I forcefully stopped from them. They tried all means to make sure I handed it over, Buh I wasn't moved. So some now asked the parents to be giving the pupils their fees by hand and paying to me at the reception rather than bank. I photocopied copies of the bank account to the security operator to be giving the parents whenever I ain't around so they can use the bank, however they'd always do otherwise. If I change this security man, this will be the 3rd one. I expected an older man to be wiser.

Even a rival school told my mom to ensure fees are paid at the bank before my Dad died.

I even promoted the said champion of the staff to headteacher, still it didn't pacify her...

Take charge.

Be on the watch out for the leader of the mutiny, ensure you give query to him or her whenever the rules and regulations of the school are breached. After the second query he or she can be suspended for a month or two weeks.

I will advise to replace him or her by the end of the session, but you need to have system in place that it won't be as if the progress of the business revolves around one employee.

You need to befriend the parents, win them to your side, honour and reward parents who are influential and relevant to the school.

I am happy at the innovations you have introduced into the school.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by OluwaWizzy(m): 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
Eleniyan15:

Sound like a sociologist

Haba, I am not cheesy
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
Jokerman:

i dont know whether its a african thing or not but its common among african, they cant separate social life and work what do i mean, african society we respect elders by default even at work even when you hold a senior post and they hold a junior one they still want duties at work be done via the social structure whereas work doesnt give a damn about that. Social structures dont by bring in money and thy dont pay bills

So judging from few things i notice among nigerians you guys, you either want to show power via different avenues, ie you rich and you treat servants and shiit or a senior at work you treat juniors and kids

My two cents, respect is a two way and how you talk to someone reflects reflect so

1 You said "you scold him" for me you dont scold any grown up kids are the one who needs scolding because you are just inflecting fear without the physical harms of beating. Remember you said "this reason in front of other staff " sure no grown up person wants to be scolded in front of peers, its a sign of you not also not showing respect

2 based on that scenario, you supposed, to chill as leader and identify that already there is challenge and would b good to address in front of the other staff. You meant to pretend as if you have let go of the issue and a day after or so call the person to office and talk one on one that way there is a bit of mutual respect as no one is under pressure to prove a point because there are no other staff watching.

3 Then you clearly explain to say your are the boss and what you decide is final not as dictator as a leader, some directives are you new and hard to follow but those decisions make the school's future and his job to. Explain that old habits sometimes are hard to drop but new ideas makes better changes. Also explain that you still respect him as elder as per society structure but as for work he also has to respect you and vice versa and not following orders due to not taking orders from young person wont take him far as, it doesnt pay bill nor does it make him earn more money

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by OluwaWizzy(m): 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
linearity:
Hire a School Administrator, someone with the Education and skills in School administration, call him/her School Administrator or Headmaster, Headmistress, Principal, it does not matter as long as they know the that person is in charge, then that person reports to you.

I don’t know, why you think you can’t implement Changes through an Administrator, in fact that is the best way to implement effective changes, because you do it behind the scenes, you just direct them and what to do and evaluate results.

That individual should also have the power to query, fire and hire people subject to your review. Let the workers know there are rules and regulations and don’t be afraid to approve queries, firing, etc because if they believe there will be no consequences, they will not fall in line.

They should know, they were hired to do a particular job and they must do it and be held accountable.

Forget about the back talks, you can’t please everyone no matter how hard you may try....just make sure you are fair, ethical & honest.

Another angle. Reasonable enough.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by VULCAN(m): 6:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
As long as your mum is still calling the shots behind the scenes, they will NEVER respect you.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by Jokerman(m): 6:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
Imagine where a teacher would dress with slippers coming to school.

Even the male amongst them dresses shabbily and I'm like a teacher can't dress anyhow. Teaching is a profession.

I respect a lot. I have never abused any of them. I almost sacked one of them, the male. I instructed them not to go from class to class. He wouldn't listen... Until he saw the sack letter. I had to make him write an undertaking. Now he dresses well and composes himself. He's an ND holder. Do I need to start being harsh before they do the right thing??

We have meetings and there's a free to air session. Everyone speaks, everyone contributes. Infact I reduced the meeting frequency to every last Friday of the month as what was obtained every Friday of a week

We even have dress code for Monday to Wednesdays..

Even when they err, we have never touched their salaries or incentives

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by Emescot(m): 6:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
@Jokerman, 1. All you have to do is appoint the staff that have stayed longest as ur Assistant, make the orders and rules, but let the assistant communicate it with the teachers, then be very close with the assistant, as for advice and all from him/her, that way he/she will feel important and will be in ur good books, but still be careful of such person.
2. Try to break too much closeness between the parents and teachers, you have to win the parents to yourself, as a matter of fact make the most relevant parent/teacher head of ur school's PTA, then win them over, its politics and it can be done.
Bonus: Tell the parents that for any parent or pupil they refer to the school they get percentage off. Happy parents happy school.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by Liposure: 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
Crystalclara:
Omoh sack them all and do a fresh recruitment. The bad eggs are much, before they ruin your effort.
sister clara nawa for you O.someone cannot play with u
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by wirinet(m): 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2019
Jayess:
If you can follow these simple processes you will have a happy School, but I will have to scold you first, leadership is not about giving orders in fact a super leader doesn't give order.... You need to attend leaders seminar and learn, don't let the post get in your head.

Now to my advice
1). Called them one by one (individually and privately) and talk apologetically to them. E.g I might have offended you in some ways, but you know nobody is perfect and blah blah blah.

2). Do something extrasalary for them like hold a meeting to appreciate them and give them the hampers or whatever...

3). Never scold any of your employees publicly, it's not the character of a good leader.

4). Be the last person to speak on every issue.

Sorry to say, but all you wrote is bullshit. Talking apologetically to some you pay salaries who disrespect you? That's a recipe for management and business failure. Please grab a book by Robert Greene called "48 laws of power" you will learn a lot there.

Most of those giving management seminars had never ran a successful business. They most probably read a book and spew out the theories they learn in it.

As much as I am not a fan of Trump, he is a genius on managing people. He get everyone who works for him to be loyal to him and his course. His main problem to me is financial mismanagement and his flamboyant lifestyle.

You have to learn to be the boss without being bossy.

You need to learn the art of using the carrot and stick.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by PeacenLove2: 7:21pm On Dec 28, 2019
This is why some people are forced to imbibe 'Divide and Rule'. By the time you start favoring a set of people over others, you will find the rest ass-licking trying to join the winning team. The only ish is that it's like a ticking bomb waiting to implode. It's not good for long term goals grin

If I were you, I would make it an art to be indifferent to their gossips. And they will know it because I will IGNORE it all 100%.

Also please limit your interraction with them. Keep things simple and formal. Like that security man, you don't need to be shouting at him or anyone. The first two times, a calm verbal warning, third time, issue a query and make sure to carry the agency along, and if another one follows, please feel free to call the agency to have him replaced. Learn to keep your emotions in check. People like this, you mustn't let them see you coming .... then they will start to respect and or fear you if they can no longer predict you.

Yes to make any changes or decisions, have a committee representing all arms of the school. Invite them over and tell them your new plans. State reasons why it is important and how it will benefit everyone. It's important that you sell them your ideas and that they buy into them. Even throw questions at them and make them feel like they are part of the decision making. Choose a champion among them to help you monitor developments .... In Change Management, in order to reduce or avoid resistance, you must proactively address the leakages.

Old staff can be problematic. Do you have retirement age or plans for them? You could try what I advice and 'Stand Your Ground', when they see that you mean business, those who value their jobs will sit right while others find their square roots.

Good luck, OP!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by Advancedman(m): 7:24pm On Dec 28, 2019
Jokerman:

About a year ago, my Dad died, being an owner of a primary school with my mom, thereafter o assumed head of the school, although I run my own freelance engineering installation and maintenance service on HVACs and Diesel engines.

In course of this education line, I'm obtaining my certificate in PGDE( in view).

Now this is the case...

There are some old staff in the school then whom use to collect school fees on behalf of the school and you know Nigerians, instead of remitting the fees to the school, they divert and scam and even go as far as lending money to different people in the vicinity.

However since I took over, I forcefully stopped the collection, and redirected all fees to be paid at the bank. Mhen, it was not small trouble, fight, gossiping, spoiling me at the back etc, but I never listened to such, and right now no one collects these fees again... Everything goes through me coz I'm trying to sanitize it. I also required the services of a registered security company operator (sheriff deputies) for the school

Problems I needed advice

1. Sometimes these rebellion. They gossip and talk evil to people that I'm very harsh etc

2. I have changed 2 security operators because of compromises with these staff. I will give instruction, Buh those they'd do otherwise and bend to what other older staff tell them. Recently, the present security did something contrary and I scolded him toughly. Recently, he had an alteration with a parent and I asked him to just plead with her. He refused blatantly. I was surprised and even my mom too. He said he doesn't like the way I scold him and that's why bla bla bla, infront of all other staff. My mom asked me not to change him Buh I'm skeptical

I already feel like changing him with his company supervisor coz he lives around the vicinity and he now gossips with those old staff who might be telling him I'm too young to order him to do things

4. These old staffs are like friends to my mom and they already carry a lot of influence with most of the parents (which I also cut off too). One of them is wife to my mom's brother

5. My mother has been telling me to be patient even my wife. I do not want to employ an headteacher until I change a lot of things

Advice needed
Play leadership card and if you are not equipped yet be calm draw them closer and listen to them let them no they are in charge that you are only a publicist to their brilliant job.
Get the book how to make friends and win people.
Use the internet this holiday to equip yourself such that at resumption it will be wow. But before then send private message to them base on your knowledge of them individually and based on what you have learnt from your research and study.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by wirinet(m): 7:26pm On Dec 28, 2019
Emescot:
@Jokerman, 1. All you have to do is appoint the staff that have stayed longest as ur Assistant, make the orders and rules, but let the assistant communicate it with the teachers, then be very close with the assistant, as for advice and all from him/her, that way he/she will feel important and will be in ur good books, but still be careful of such person.
2. Try to break too much closeness between the parents and teachers, you have to win the parents to yourself, as a matter of fact make the most relevant parent/teacher head of ur school's PTA, then win them over, its politics and it can be done.
Bonus: Tell the parents that for any parent or pupil they refer to the school they get percentage off. Happy parents happy school.

I disagree with the redded quote. The person that has stayed the longest would have an entitlement mentality. He or she would feel he/she build the school and feels you are a spoilt kid who is not qualified or entitled to be his/her boss. You either get a relatively new staff or hire new staff with experience in school management.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by golddare: 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2019
1. It is normal to expect such reaction, change is a difficult thing especially when one interest is at stake.
2. Dont bother r about what they say behind you, it's normal, the good thing is they don't say it to your face and it means your respect is intact and you are still in charge.
3. Since you have contracted security to a company your complaints about there staff should be channelled to them in writing.
4. Dont get me wrong, you can correct them but once you observe insubordination I advise you inform them for a change with preference to someone living afar even if you will be augmenting the transport fare of the person.
5. It's time to start making alies, there must be one person that likes you.
6. Locate the leader, disabuse his or her mind, give incentives as suggested to the staff.
7. Dont react when you ought to react, talk less, care less.
8. Go for leadership seminar or get books on leadership by Sam Adeyemi etc.
9. How did your father died?
10. Whether his death was natural or not sha be prayerful.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by edrys(m): 7:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
I hope you get to read this. Use divide and rule tactics. I think you are too straightforward.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by Emescot(m): 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
wirinet:

I disagree with the redded quote. The person that has stayed the longest would have an entitlement mentality. He or she would feel she build the school and feels you are a spoilt kid who is not qualified or entitled to be his/her boss. You either get a relatively new staff or hire new staff with experience in school management.

I disagree with you, making the oldest staff assistant is like a divide and conquer approach, the oldest knows more about the game and that way knows who and who is friend and enemy, the op will ditch out the order and he/she will make sure it's carried out, a woman is best for that job cos they like power too much, but if you hire someone new, the same thing they are doing to the OP will be done to the new person.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by yemmit90: 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
@op, how i wish you know me before you assume this position.

Whenever you find yourself in this kind of situation, you dont just change thing suddenly, the first tactic is to find a way to disintegrate them.

The collection of fee should've been assigned to lower ranking staff among them. By this method, they will start fighting one another untill they all agree parents pay directly to bank.

For the security, you should've employed someone younger that you can easily control.

As for the older members, you will keep respecting them and be a very close friend with most fearful one among them. You can later use him or her to sack those he/she does not like and later remove him/her as well when you must have already indirectly installed your authority through him/her.
Re: How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? by Osashalom: 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2019
Jokerman:

Now this is the case...

Problems I needed advice

Advice needed
OP, see what to do,
1. Those in click among them, set one over the others as a way of promotion and make putting her stubborn click members part of her work load. And watch them tear down themselves while you become the judge.
2. Call pta meeting and hype children and parents interests over that of staff, by that you have secured the parents trust.
3. As you study the whole thing happening, summon the courage and fire one of the popularly assumed untouchables. You will see sudden fear and order coming to the school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Some Tough Interview Questions And Their Answers / Yes! People Still Get Jobs Without Connection. / How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.