Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,052 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately (27459 Views)

Hausas Won’t Vote For You, Join Obi – Adebanjo Tells Tinubu In Ogun / Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East / 2023: Don’t Let Northerners Divide You, Adebanjo Tells Jonathan, Tinubu, Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by wink2015(m): 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2019
[quote author=sarrki post=85288017]Leader of a leading Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to, without further delay, break the country into its original units if he does not want to restructure.

Adebanjo told the Sun that anarchy looms in the country.

He emphasized that the constitution foisted on the people had been the cause of the nation’s problems.

The elder statesman said that Nigeria should be broken so that each group goes to its place and enjoy peace.

According to him, there has been disobedience to rule and illegal detention of persons who speak out against the government of the day.

“When a court gives an instruction, and you don’t obey; when you ask people to be detained without trial, you obstruct the rule of law? That is unfortunate,” Adebanjo said.

“We are moving towards anarchy, except we want to deceive ourselves. The court that is supposed to be the sanctuary of the common man has been desecrated, and yet the people who should protest keep quiet. We are already in anarchy.

“Have I not been vindicated? I have not changed from that position at all. Anarchy has taken over in this country.

“We must return the country to true federalism, where the regions should be autonomous, and let everybody be ruled according to the dictate of his place, then, this culture of autocracy and authority over everybody would be stopped.

“It is because of this culture of autocracy that the president doesn’t want to do anything to change the constitution.

“Since the president doesn’t want to go back to a constitution we agreed on at independence, it is better everybody goes to his area and enjoy peace.

“I have said it and I have challenged him and he has not denied, and I said why should he hesitate to go back to the constitution we had at independence, which was approved by Azikiwe, Awolowo and Sardauna, and I said, he can never be more intelligent, more educated than Sardauna, and he has not told us why he would not go back to that constitution.

“So, what is the problem, if he is serious about keeping this country together in unity, in peace? Let’s restructure and go back to true federalism and every other thing is just going round the clock.

“That is where I am; that since it has turned this way, let this country break and let everybody go to his place and have peace.

“I have told the president to go back to the interview I had with Vanguard before he was elected and I have been vindicated in all that I said in the interview.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/12/28/president-buhari-told-to-divide-nigeria-into-its-original-units-immediately/

PAPA ! I SUPPORT YOU.

Nigeria had a regional structure back in the 1960s.

It was the coming of the military that brought in the unitary structure.

Even with a drum of HYDRAULIC OIL poured into the ears of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari ( rtd ) it will not corrodes the thick cotton wool inside his ears.

Put simply Buhari will not listen to PANDEF, Afenifere or other democratic voices in the country.

TODAY, NORTHERN NIGERIA POLITICAL LEADERS WANT TO EMPTY THE CRUDE OIL OF THE GOOD PEOPLE OF THE NIGER DELTA REGION BEFORE THEY THINK ABOUT GOING THEIR OWN SEPARATE WAYS OR FACING AGRICULTURE.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by 7lives: 2:49pm On Dec 28, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
which stupid talk be this.is it not azikwe led igbo that truncated the effort of awolowo to include the secession clause in Nigeria Constitution in
London conference of 1957.

Is it not an Igbo man aguyi ironsi that Balkanized already thriving regional government and change it to the central govt we re practising today .

Igbos re the reason why one Nigeria exist today.
If zik didn't convinced Northern delegates to vote against secession clause raised by awolowo maybe nigeria would have ended after the first coup Jan 15 1966.

If aguyi ironsi didn't abolished the regional govts the 3 regions would have been thriving on their own pace without looking back.

I'm glad yanmiris paid for their greed'.civil war was a pay back on 1966 coup, and abolishment of a thriving govt by a greedy Igbo man

CHAI, don't spoil my fun jor, don't you enjoy watching their ignorance on display?.
I don talk am say e no go ever better for those who removed history from our curriculum.
Their fore fathers were so desperate for unity government, so much that you will think only Igbos have capacity to build Utopia.
They were in government for 16 years and all they acheive is despair, if dem like let them and their cohorts divide Nigeria into PRE COLONIAL sizes, as long as everyone return to their various homelands, and Yorubas remain in charge of Yorubaland, ko kan aye.

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by nokatakata: 2:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
nero2face:
divide wetin ?, we no gree... we die here...u people wanted Buhari so he can come and deal with the Igbos, now we're all feeling the heat...
Buhari till 2027

you airheads just keep typing trash at any given opportunity. people supported buhari because they wanted him to deal with igbos? what kind of foolish thinking is that? so igbos supported atiku to deal with who? Always playing senseless politics. If thesame buhari rules till 2027, it it still airheads like you that will be crying marginalisation and blaming others for your foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by nokatakata: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2019
GuyWise101:
What the Igbos saw in 1967 is what the oyorubas are seeing in 2019...

53yrs ago the great Igbo nation saw that the country will never work... understanding the fact that 'you can't marry or be in marriage with someone who you doesn't share the same dream, belief, ideology and vision with'

Indeed IGBOS are great.

you selfish MFs...you didn't see anything when Jonathan was president. You didn;t see anything when you were supporting atiku a fulani man only because he chose adaobi as running mate. oh if atiku had won , you won't be talking this trash. the country would have worked. if you want to say your rubbish, endeavour to leave yorubas out of it.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by RichBoy247: 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2019
I thought Obasanjo and Goatluck Jonathan both of whom Ago Adebanjo supported already did that, if they didn't, then Ayo Adebanjo must be mad for not advising his pay masters to do that.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by LZAA: 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2019
Helinues and wee now say he is ipob
BMC sef
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed Adaibeku rekhina
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2019
I am in agreement with some of the comments that the President does not have the power to "break" or "divide" the country into its original equal parts. That is the role of the legislative branch to initiate the process as might be required in the Constitution in a country that is truly democratic and where the rule of law prevails. However, contrary to the prior statement, Nigeria is a dictatorship, not a democracy and the rule of law is absent in all its ramifications in Nigeria. Besides, the legislators have completely abdicated their constitutional role and allow the president to run roughshod and trample over the rights of every citizen. Imagine a country where the president has taken on the role of a prosecutor and determines who would be prosecuted; who would be granted bail; and whether to obey a court order or not? So, it would not be farfetched if people would assign the role of "dividing" the country to Buhari, after all, he wears so many hats as it stands now.

4 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by helinues: 3:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
LZAA:
BMC sef
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed Adaibeku rekhina

Do it one more time

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Smog77: 3:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
Those of you asking Buhari to restructure the country where were you before Buhari comes to power.16years you people are busy looting the country without asking for restructure. Now no money as he use to be you people are shouting, you people manage what you see

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by permit(m): 3:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
which stupid talk be this.is it not azikwe led igbo that truncated the effort of awolowo to include the secession clause in Nigeria Constitution in
London conference of 1957.

Is it not an Igbo man aguyi ironsi that Balkanized already thriving regional government and change it to the central govt we re practising today .

Igbos re the reason why one Nigeria exist today.
If zik didn't convinced Northern delegates to vote against secession clause raised by awolowo maybe nigeria would have ended after the first coup Jan 15 1966.

If aguyi ironsi didn't abolished the regional govts the 3 regions would have been thriving on their own pace without looking back.

I'm glad yanmiris paid for their greed'.civil war was a pay back on 1966 coup, and abolishment of a thriving govt by a greedy Igbo man
stop listening and reading all those twisted history.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by chiefolododo(m): 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2019
sarrki:
For the first time I agree with afenifere
Sarrki , 30k no dey drop again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by clarocuzioo(m): 3:18pm On Dec 28, 2019
post=85289107:
For future sake, we wrote ' tin'.
Stop making yourself feel to important by using 'thing' Bro Claro!

Now swerve to the left troublemaker.
Next time you'll lie down jejely on your mat and don't go about looking for trouble u can't finish!

Even the "tin" is still greater than your generations
The "tin" is here to ensure you are healed of zombiesm

The "tin" will always dymistyfy your propaganda, deciet and lies.

The "tin" is here to ensure that you call a spade a spade not a farm tool.
That is the mission objective of the "tin".

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Kuginzi: 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2019
I disagree with Afenifere.
My point; The crisis we face, while some are global, the local ones are being seen selfishly from ethnic&/or personal angle. The politics of Ethnicism and Tribalism has taken over Nigeria, in such away that a Yoruba man will defend his Yoruba president, Hausa defends Hausa president, and Igbo too defends an Igbo man as d president regardless of the situation they find themselves. I could remember during Obasanjo regime, there were also some abnormalities but no Yoruba man agitated for Division. Example:
The Odi massacre was an attack carried out on November 20, 1999, by the Nigerian military on the predominantly Ijaw town of Odi in Bayelsa State. The attack came in the context of an ongoing conflict in the Niger Delta over indigenous rights to oil resources and environmental protection.
People generally say that the massacre was ordered by the regime of former president Olusegun Obasanjo and vice president Atiku Abubakar . The military has often defended its action saying it was ambushed on its way to Odi. As a result, tensions rose prior to entrance into the village.
During Goodluck regime, no Southerner move against any abnormality that went wrong, or call for Division.
Now Buhari too has his flaws, so the Hausa/Fulani people are also behind him regardless of the abnormalities going on in his administration.
If u want Nigeria to move forward this must stop, let nobody use the Misconception of Religion, the Criminality of Resource Control, the Divisiveness of Ethnicity, the Racism of Tribalism & the Audacity of Corruption to confuse you my people.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by maasoap(m): 3:20pm On Dec 28, 2019
His brain was locked up when PDP, his preferred party was in power.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by AstralBody: 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2019
sarrki:
Hypocrite! U should be ashamed of yourself. Why are u now attacking Buhari, who is ur claimed saviour? Even tinubu paper dey attack Buhari gringrin
Shame!

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by helinues: 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2019
LZAA:
BMC sef
Cc immhotep GMBuharii

We are still looking for the 6 stuffs missing for your side but in the mean time, mods will fix you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by MikeBetty(m): 3:25pm On Dec 28, 2019
sarrki:
Sarrki Don Dey Agree With Voice Of Reasoning Since Few Days Now. Dey No Pay Cyber Warriors December Stipend?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
yes, so we can defend yourself from Fulani flowing into the country from neighboring nations , islamization and Othman Dan fido agenda.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
nero2face:
divide wetin ?, we no gree... we die here...u people wanted Buhari so he can come and deal with the Igbos, now we're all feeling the heat...
Buhari till 2027

Demented desease.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by LZAA: 3:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
helinues:

We are still looking for the 6 stuffs missing for your side but in the mean time, mods will fix you

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Mummyimbecile(m): 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
GuyWise101:

53yrs ago the great Igbo nation saw that the country will never work... understanding the fact that 'you can't marry or be in marriage with someone who you doesn't share the same dream, belief, ideology and vision with'

Indeed IGBOS are great.
may God bless Biafra,and keep that young republic,and also bless the first president of Biafra,LATE Lt.Col Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegu Ojukwu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by enemyofprogress: 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2019
He no fit. Na him abooooook brothers go suffer am
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by chegbe1104: 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2019
helinues:
Ayo Adebanjo again

Is it the work of a president to divide the country or reps?

Grandpa should just respect himself
This old baba should allow the young ones rest please. Obasanjo a Yoruba man was there for 8 good years, he did not divide Nigeria into it's constituent components. Even GEJ which he supported was there for 6 years, this old man did not encourage him to divide Nigeria. How does he think Buhari which he did not support right from 2015 will divide Nigeria just to please him. Buhari is doing so many good things for the country already. They hate him because they are not seeing the free money from government anymore. How many times did he call for restructure or true federalism when GEJ and obasanjo were there? He should stop playing with our intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Enice(m): 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2019
this man Ayo, is going insane. the president does not have the powers to create even a local government not to talk of joining states together. Ayo is just blowing hot airs to seek relevance. mr Adebanjo, meet with your representatives to sponsor a bill for the amalgamation of states. even if it is turned down by the house, at least you've done your part. not this media rubbish you're doing.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
GuyWise101:

Indeed IGBOS are great.

Igbos saw nothing, stop deluding your silly self.
Your attempt to usurp power, overlord every region, led to the ensueing pogrom leading to the war.
Your misadventure killed thousands of innocent people.

4 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by TinyHacker: 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
everytime and everyday we read stories, stories that change absolutely nothing
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Sprumbaba: 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2019
daddytime:
Lol

We never even climb the first step for the next level staircase all of una don dey do yen yen yen

Abeg make una conserve energy make we see power to take complete the next level climbing.

Sarki, wetin Bubu do you na, I no like this una quarrel oh. I must settle una two abi BAT don make you him spokes person?

You mean we have not taken 1st step and people are already dying? grin angry angry grin
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Chuksmonika(m): 3:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
weda Nigeria will break up or not,is no longer an issue for debate,every reasonable person who is not economical with the truth knows that....But my Prayer day and night is that we all see reasons to break up this backward country without going to war,Because one Nigeria has not worked,will not work,and can never ever work,let us all stop deceiving our self,if we all must remain one,we must restructure,so that every region will develop at its pace,if not,let us divide
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by zoezoelogistics(m): 3:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
daddytime:
Lol

We never even climb the first step for the next level staircase all of una don dey do yen yen yen

Abeg make una conserve energy make we see power to take complete the next level climbing.

Sarki, wetin Bubu do you na, I no like this una quarrel oh. I must settle una two abi BAT don make you him spokes person?

He has finally seen the light, to God be the glory.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by nengibo: 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
GuyWise101:

Indeed IGBOS are great.
We Ijaws saw in 1967, but that time Igbos were in love with one Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by AMUNSI23(f): 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
Which Buhari?you mean the lifeless one or jubril.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Chatham House Performance A Disgrace – PDP Campaign / 2023: It Is Unfair To Judge Us Based On Glitch In The Results Upload - INEC / Nollywood Actors At Buhari Campaingn Rally In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.