Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately (27461 Views)

Hausas Won’t Vote For You, Join Obi – Adebanjo Tells Tinubu In Ogun / Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East / 2023: Don’t Let Northerners Divide You, Adebanjo Tells Jonathan, Tinubu, Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Bayoibee: 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
emeijeh:
The ones that casted their votes for Next Level™ wants to japa?

For what na?

[img]https://media1./images/843166c9d3dc66da2ad9ecf63a4e80cb/tenor.gif?itemid=12221156[/img]
Lmao..
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Taba21: 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2019
Princemichael93:

Look again, this map is faulty.
How manjii
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by JonDon12: 7:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
sarrki:
Leader of a leading Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to, without further delay, break the country into its original units if he does not want to restructure.

Adebanjo told the Sun that anarchy looms in the country.

He emphasized that the constitution foisted on the people had been the cause of the nation’s problems.

The elder statesman said that Nigeria should be broken so that each group goes to its place and enjoy peace.

According to him, there has been disobedience to rule and illegal detention of persons who speak out against the government of the day.

“When a court gives an instruction, and you don’t obey; when you ask people to be detained without trial, you obstruct the rule of law? That is unfortunate,” Adebanjo said.

“We are moving towards anarchy, except we want to deceive ourselves. The court that is supposed to be the sanctuary of the common man has been desecrated, and yet the people who should protest keep quiet. We are already in anarchy.

“Have I not been vindicated? I have not changed from that position at all. Anarchy has taken over in this country.

“We must return the country to true federalism, where the regions should be autonomous, and let everybody be ruled according to the dictate of his place, then, this culture of autocracy and authority over everybody would be stopped.

“It is because of this culture of autocracy that the president doesn’t want to do anything to change the constitution.

“Since the president doesn’t want to go back to a constitution we agreed on at independence, it is better everybody goes to his area and enjoy peace.

“I have said it and I have challenged him and he has not denied, and I said why should he hesitate to go back to the constitution we had at independence, which was approved by Azikiwe, Awolowo and Sardauna, and I said, he can never be more intelligent, more educated than Sardauna, and he has not told us why he would not go back to that constitution.

“So, what is the problem, if he is serious about keeping this country together in unity, in peace? Let’s restructure and go back to true federalism and every other thing is just going round the clock.

“That is where I am; that since it has turned this way, let this country break and let everybody go to his place and have peace.

“I have told the president to go back to the interview I had with Vanguard before he was elected and I have been vindicated in all that I said in the interview.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/12/28/president-buhari-told-to-divide-nigeria-into-its-original-units-immediately/

Aye Adebanjo The Real Asiwaju. Tinubu Oluwole Asiwaju
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by enemybulldozer(m): 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2019
sarrki:
For the first time I agree with afenifere
You agree with afenifere because the are your people.

What is the difference between what pa adebanjo said and that of Kanu??

Meanwhile, is like you're tired of being a zombie grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by DMerciful(m): 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2019
Use your head, are we still operating the 1960 constitution? Even if it had contained the seccession clause, that constitution has been discarded. The Aburi accord was meant to take us back to regional govts but Gowon abandoned the agreement saying there were different understanding. How can there be different understanding to an agreement supposedly reached? Instead he started dividing the country into 12 states from 4 regions and the north that was 1 region became 6 states while the South that was 3 region( Western, Eastern and Midwest) became 6 states reducing the South from 75% to 50% and now the North has more states and more advantage. All these were done while Awolowo cheered on. The West was happy to see the North gaining more power to an extent that today, nobody becomes president without the North saying so. As at 2011, the North couldn't do anything about GEJ because the South for the first time was united!
ORIENTATION101:
which stupid talk be this.is it not azikwe led igbo that truncated the effort of awolowo to include the secession clause in Nigeria Constitution in
London conference of 1957.

Is it not an Igbo man aguyi ironsi that Balkanized already thriving regional government and change it to the central govt we re practising today .

Igbos re the reason why one Nigeria exist today.
If zik didn't convinced Northern delegates to vote against secession clause raised by awolowo maybe nigeria would have ended after the first coup Jan 15 1966.

If aguyi ironsi didn't abolished the regional govts the 3 regions would have been thriving on their own pace without looking back.

I'm glad yanmiris paid for their greed'.civil war was a pay back on 1966 coup, and abolishment of a thriving govt by a greedy Igbo man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by DMerciful(m): 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
What do you think Bokoharam is? It is retribution for the 1966 pogrom. The Easterners killed in the North in 1966 is being atoned in the form of Bokoharam. The Northerners killed by Bokoharam is about 36k vs 30k Easterners during the pogrom. There has to be retribution then atonement!
ORIENTATION101:
which stupid talk be this.is it not azikwe led igbo that truncated the effort of awolowo to include the secession clause in Nigeria Constitution in
London conference of 1957.

Is it not an Igbo man aguyi ironsi that Balkanized already thriving regional government and change it to the central govt we re practising today .

Igbos re the reason why one Nigeria exist today.
If zik didn't convinced Northern delegates to vote against secession clause raised by awolowo maybe nigeria would have ended after the first coup Jan 15 1966.

If aguyi ironsi didn't abolished the regional govts the 3 regions would have been thriving on their own pace without looking back.

I'm glad yanmiris paid for their greed'.civil war was a pay back on 1966 coup, and abolishment of a thriving govt by a greedy Igbo man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by DMerciful(m): 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2019
We are not operating federal system of government. This is unitary system disguised as federal. We're only deceiving ourselves
LordKO:
We neither automatically need to restructure nor breakaway from each other before we can achieve sustainable peace in particular and progress in general. Confederation structured around libertarians is our best bet - we can take to confederation without doing conventional restructuring or breakaway. In truth, the federal system of government has done us more harm than good, so let's forget about oneness and pursue unity.

Confederation is very feasible. In fact, with our diversity, federal system of government (oneness) ought not to be put into consideration in any way - individual liberty (autonomous) doesn't automatically mean absence of unity, just as attachment (nonautonomous) doesn't automatically mean presence of oneness.

Sincerely, at this stage of our democracy in particular and countryhood in general, we need libertarians in power in all the arms of government. Liberals (PDP) have tried their best, unfortunately their best wasn't good enough - dispositional caringness of liberals never stop them from being self-centered, disingenuous and greedy. And the conservatives (APC) are obviously trying their best, as the incumbent government in power, unfortunately their best so far haven't been good enough too - dispositional sanctimony of conservatives never stop them from being selfish, hypocritical and greedy.

Libertarians hold the key to our sustainable peace and progress and confederation is our best bet of alliance. With mentally sound libertarians in power in a confederate system of government, irrelevant of the leaders tribe and religion at the center, the country will experience sustainable rapid growth in all areas - dispositional domination (not domineeringness) of libertarians is embedded in altruism and conscientiousness. So we stand to gain a lot from having people of the libertarian ideological leaning in power.

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
foolish man talking
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by trutht828: 8:32pm On Dec 28, 2019
GuyWise101:
What the Igbos saw in 1967 is what the oyorubas are seeing in 2019...

53yrs ago the great Igbo nation saw that the country will never work... understanding the fact that 'you can't marry or be in marriage with someone who you doesn't share the same dream, belief, ideology and vision with'

Indeed IGBOS are great.

The igbos never seemed to see that when aguiyi ironsi was the military president. You suddenly realized that the marriage wouldn't workWas your entire tribe blind when ironsi was military president?

If your brain is working well, you will know this isn't about tribalism
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
fredoooooo:

Hahah afenifearawon grin cheesy
Hehehehe grin cheesy wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Egbetuaaa: 8:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
[s]
post=85299716:

Hehehehe grin cheesy wink
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by ustanejnr(m): 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
G
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Olaolufred(m): 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2019
socialmediaman:

You don’t get the point. It sucks that I have to explain something this simple. The tyrant isn’t being asked to pronounce a division of the country, he doesn’t have the constitutional power, we all know that.

But we know that the tyrant can make things happen if he wants to. He rigged his own election though he had no constitutional powers, he was even in Daura while his proxies were pressing the buttons. He had Sowore locked up though he didn’t have the constitutional powers, in fact he didn’t even send a single memo to DSS to make that happen. We all know what happens behind closed doors in Aso Rock, people go and get the tyrant’s order and they go ahead and carry it out.

We all know he has no constitutional authority to make someone president of the senate or house of reps, yet he made it happen without pronouncing a single word publicly.

We all know who was behind the ruga settlements though the tyrant was in the shadows pretending to be unaware.

So are we still here talking about constitutional powers?

If all you purportedly mentioned are to you unconstitutional, and he did or attempted them without our advice, I think we should wait if he can unconstitutionally attempt what adebanjo is asking for. However, we know where the pain comes from.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by GMbuharii: 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2019
clarocuzioo:
Heheheheheheeeeee!!!!, I laugh in Patience Ozokwor's voice. Interesting how a Zombie-in-Chief, SARRKI is creating anti Buhari thread of recent ever since the ATM Tunde Fowler was removed from office, is it just a coincidence?

The only good thing Here is he has vindicated sensible and patriotic Nigerians who stood against their lies and propaganda, and also proving that indeed they are zombies.

SARRKI, thank God for your life but we know whatever you do is out of selfish aggrandizement not out of patriotism.

We are also looking forward to the deliverance of the following resident zombies

HELINUES
YARIMO

and co.

Lzaa immhotep
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Lawmak: 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2019
What Ojukwu said 60 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by socialmediaman: 9:32pm On Dec 28, 2019
Olaolufred:

If all you purportedly mentioned are to you unconstitutional, and he did or attempted them without our advice, I think we should wait if he can unconstitutionally attempt what adebanjo is asking for. However, we know where the pain comes from.

Adebanjo wasn’t really begging for it, he was merely stating a fact which I don’t have to reveal to you, if you can’t sniff it out. And before you think this is PDP vs APC, check my posts in 2015.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by LZAA: 9:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
GMbuharii:

Lzaa immhotep
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
the nairaland of yesterday is gone...its now more of tribalism and ethnic cards..the people here will one day become Rep's and senators and you Want Nigeria to move forward.. when all what we say and think is evil
the topic shd have been a means to give possible response on how to go about the restructuring or self government ie federalism if we really wanna change the narrative. but its a pity that these kinda topics on Twitter will bring reasonable response and knowledge will be shared...reason why I stay more on Twitter than here kos the people here doesn't add to topical issues positively...
pls..let change our thinking kos it's 2020...

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Yemi7up: 10:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
Afenifere wing of PDP should have told Obasanjo or Yar'Adua àbí their puppet Jónà to divide the nation in class.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Legendguru: 11:24pm On Dec 28, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Olaolufred(m): 11:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
socialmediaman:

Adebanjo wasn’t really begging for it, he was merely stating a fact which I don’t have to reveal to you, if you can’t sniff it out. And before you think this is PDP vs APC, check my posts in 2015.

adebanjo is speaking thrash.
he slept since 1999 misrules because he was benefiting from it.
Now fully awake when it's no longer business as usual.
This is nothing but a wail of a losing old granny.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Olaolufred(m): 12:03am On Dec 29, 2019
Yemi7up:
Afenifere wing of PDP should have told Obasanjo or Yar'Adua àbí their puppet Jónà to divide the nation in class.

Thanks brother.
They thought we won't know what isn't hidden.
Collected huge sums to re-elect their boy who releases fund for them at will. They failed since and continue to rant on weekly for the sting of their loss.
Abraham Adesanya was the last hero of afenifere. All these old grannies are merchants of their bellies.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by sammyj: 8:11am On Dec 29, 2019
Your brother imposed this Fedralism on us through Gen. Ironsi. Abeg leave this matter for Matiuaus.
GuyWise101:
What the Igbos saw in 1967 is what the oyorubas are seeing in 2019...

53yrs ago the great Igbo nation saw that the country will never work... understanding the fact that 'you can't marry or be in marriage with someone who you doesn't share the same dream, belief, ideology and vision with'

Indeed IGBOS are great.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:20am On Dec 29, 2019
nokatakata:

you airheads just keep typing trash at any given opportunity. people supported buhari because they wanted him to deal with igbos? what kind of foolish thinking is that? so igbos supported atiku to deal with who? Always playing senseless politics. If thesame buhari rules till 2027, it it still airheads like you that will be crying marginalisation and blaming others for your foolishness.
Bro chill out. I think the guy who made that post was just being sarcastic
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by geoffreybitrus(m): 6:10am On Dec 30, 2019
I WANT NEXT LEVEL NO BE SEPERATION
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by holicupp(m): 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2019
karma is a bitch as for me sai baba till eternity
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Ovamboland(m): 11:00am On Jan 23, 2020
Just the same way Obasanjo, Yar'adua, Jonathan changed the constitution to first republic for you.

It seems as some people get older they turn more to toddlers.

Under what authority or powers will Buhari change the constitution? You already call him a tyrant for using the power granted to him by the constitution, what will he become when he starts using those powers not granted by the construction?

Papa, have you discussed with the senator and rep representing your area in the Federal legislature? Do they agree with you? Have they convinced their colleagues that your idea is good and wanted? Have they prepared an amendment or constitution replacement bill? Why are you climbing a tree from the tip of it's branches and ignore the trunk?

This is mere politics since you supported a failed leader whom we all know did not and cannot give you constitution replacement you now demand. It's just ploy to heat up the polity, it's got nothing to do with constitution review but ploy to return to power those who have been giving you patronage.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by God1stson(m): 4:55pm On Jan 22, 2021
theenchanter:
2years is too near.... maybe 10years.

If Nigeria doesn't change its structure, Nigeria won't exist by 2030.

Perfect submission

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Israeli Film Crew's Family Blame Separatists Groups For The Arrest Of Their Sons / 2023: It Is Unfair To Judge Us Based On Glitch In The Results Upload - INEC / Paul Ibe: Lai Mohammed Smoking Weed – Atiku’s Aide Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.