Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately (27448 Views)

Hausas Won’t Vote For You, Join Obi – Adebanjo Tells Tinubu In Ogun / Adebanjo Tells Tinubu, Osinbajo: Drop Your Ambition, It's Turn Of South-East / 2023: Don’t Let Northerners Divide You, Adebanjo Tells Jonathan, Tinubu, Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Ezehillary(m): 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2019
tsure 2.56 in bet9ja DDS TO ARREST ayo adebanjo from jan 2 to march 30 , THANK ME LATER
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by thundafire: 3:53pm On Dec 28, 2019
[quote author=PointZerom post=85288076][/quote]dat wire of dey device is not working oh
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Egbetuaaa: 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
[s]
RichBoy247:
I thought Obasanjo and Goatluck Jonathan both of whom Ago Adebanjo supported already did that, if they didn't, then Ayo Adebanjo must be mad for not advising his pay masters to do that.
[/s]
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Shikena(m): 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
GuyWise101:
What the Igbos saw in 1967 is what the oyorubas are seeing in 2019...

53yrs ago the great Igbo nation saw that the country will never work... understanding the fact that 'you can't marry or be in marriage with someone who you doesn't share the same dream, belief, ideology and vision with'

Indeed IGBOS are great.
Unfortunately the great IGBOS saw nothing before independence & betrayed Awolowo to enjoy ill-fated romance with Hausa/Fulani under Governor-General & later President Nnamdi Azikiwe until loud-mouth & chest beating led to their Northern Lords putting them back in to their rightful place.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Samnavy: 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2019
Nigeria is a course please let's everybody go
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by nero2face: 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
nokatakata:

you airheads just keep typing trash at any given opportunity. people supported buhari because they wanted him to deal with igbos? what kind of foolish thinking is that? so igbos supported atiku to deal with who? Always playing senseless politics. If thesame buhari rules till 2027, it it still airheads like you that will be crying marginalisation and blaming others for your foolishness.
just like ur kinsmen, crying like babies
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by enemyofprogress: 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2019
donbachi:
The name nigeria will cease to exist 2years time.
in Jesus name Amen
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by orisa37: 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2019
sarrki:
Leader of a leading Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to, without further delay, break the country into its original units if he does not want to restructure.

Adebanjo told the Sun that anarchy looms in the country.

He emphasized that the constitution foisted on the people had been the cause of the nation’s problems.

The elder statesman said that Nigeria should be broken so that each group goes to its place and enjoy peace.

According to him, there has been disobedience to rule and illegal detention of persons who speak out against the government of the day.

“When a court gives an instruction, and you don’t obey; when you ask people to be detained without trial, you obstruct the rule of law? That is unfortunate,” Adebanjo said.

“We are moving towards anarchy, except we want to deceive ourselves. The court that is supposed to be the sanctuary of the common man has been desecrated, and yet the people who should protest keep quiet. We are already in anarchy.

“Have I not been vindicated? I have not changed from that position at all. Anarchy has taken over in this country.

“We must return the country to true federalism, where the regions should be autonomous, and let everybody be ruled according to the dictate of his place, then, this culture of autocracy and authority over everybody would be stopped.

“It is because of this culture of autocracy that the president doesn’t want to do anything to change the constitution.

“Since the president doesn’t want to go back to a constitution we agreed on at independence, it is better everybody goes to his area and enjoy peace.

“I have said it and I have challenged him and he has not denied, and I said why should he hesitate to go back to the constitution we had at independence, which was approved by Azikiwe, Awolowo and Sardauna, and I said, he can never be more intelligent, more educated than Sardauna, and he has not told us why he would not go back to that constitution.

“So, what is the problem, if he is serious about keeping this country together in unity, in peace? Let’s restructure and go back to true federalism and every other thing is just going round the clock.

“That is where I am; that since it has turned this way, let this country break and let everybody go to his place and have peace.

“I have told the president to go back to the interview I had with Vanguard before he was elected and I have been vindicated in all that I said in the interview.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/12/28/president-buhari-told-to-divide-nigeria-into-its-original-units-immediately/

NIGERIA doesn't belong to BUHARI alone. NIGERIA belongs to you, Igboman and I. It's for the people to demand for Division. Our Legislators should get together and get this done by.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by surgical: 4:22pm On Dec 28, 2019
helinues:
Ayo Adebanjo again

Is it the work of a president to divide the country or reps?

Grandpa should respect himself
The president is also the rep,he has appropriated all powers
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by prixm: 4:24pm On Dec 28, 2019
True federalism or we go our different ways. Simple, sound and logical submission.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by blasted12: 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2019
Shikena:

Unfortunately the great IGBOS saw nothing before independence & betrayed Awolowo to enjoy ill-fated romance with Hausa/Fulani under Governor-General & later President Nnamdi Azikiwe until loud-mouth & chest beating led to their Northern Lords putting them back in to their rightful place.
You can't fully blame Azikiwe for that cos Ahmadu Bello threatened pulling out of the federation if the north were going to be kept out of the center
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by deji17: 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
Senile old man. Asking Buhari to do what he has no constitutional power to do. A lot of people are still having military regime hang over. Giving Buhari orders as if Buhari is military head of state.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Sonnyboom: 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2019
Was that why curses Aguiyi Ironis banished com federalism for the unitary govt he bedeviled Nigeria with ?!
GuyWise101:
What the Igbos saw in 1967 is what the oyorubas are seeing in 2019...

53yrs ago the great Igbo nation saw that the country will never work... understanding the fact that 'you can't marry or be in marriage with someone who you doesn't share the same dream, belief, ideology and vision with'

Indeed IGBOS are great.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by orisa37: 4:43pm On Dec 28, 2019
sarrki:
Leader of a leading Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to, without further delay, break the country into its original units if he does not want to restructure.

Adebanjo told the Sun that anarchy looms in the country.

He emphasized that the constitution foisted on the people had been the cause of the nation’s problems.

The elder statesman said that Nigeria should be broken so that each group goes to its place and enjoy peace.

According to him, there has been disobedience to rule and illegal detention of persons who speak out against the government of the day.

“When a court gives an instruction, and you don’t obey; when you ask people to be detained without trial, you obstruct the rule of law? That is unfortunate,” Adebanjo said.

“We are moving towards anarchy, except we want to deceive ourselves. The court that is supposed to be the sanctuary of the common man has been desecrated, and yet the people who should protest keep quiet. We are already in anarchy.

“Have I not been vindicated? I have not changed from that position at all. Anarchy has taken over in this country.

“We must return the country to true federalism, where the regions should be autonomous, and let everybody be ruled according to the dictate of his place, then, this culture of autocracy and authority over everybody would be stopped.

“It is because of this culture of autocracy that the president doesn’t want to do anything to change the constitution.

“Since the president doesn’t want to go back to a constitution we agreed on at independence, it is better everybody goes to his area and enjoy peace.

“I have said it and I have challenged him and he has not denied, and I said why should he hesitate to go back to the constitution we had at independence, which was approved by Azikiwe, Awolowo and Sardauna, and I said, he can never be more intelligent, more educated than Sardauna, and he has not told us why he would not go back to that constitution.

“So, what is the problem, if he is serious about keeping this country together in unity, in peace? Let’s restructure and go back to true federalism and every other thing is just going round the clock.

“That is where I am; that since it has turned this way, let this country break and let everybody go to his place and have peace.

“I have told the president to go back to the interview I had with Vanguard before he was elected and I have been vindicated in all that I said in the interview.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/12/28/president-buhari-told-to-divide-nigeria-into-its-original-units-immediately/

Original Units are always legit and Autonomously so. State Legislatures should request through the NASS to revert freely to that Status.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Olaolufred(m): 4:48pm On Dec 28, 2019
helinues:
Ayo Adebanjo again

This is exactly my thoughts.
How will the afenifebis, who collected money in 2014 for themselves be sounding this senile day after day.
Are they giving to reprobate mind?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by fredoooooo: 4:49pm On Dec 28, 2019
post=85288818:

Lol cheesy.
Before nko.........?!

Hahah afenifearawon grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Egbetuaaa: 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2019
[s]
blasted12:
You can't fully blame Azikiwe for that cos Ahmadu Bello threatened pulling out of the federation if the north were going to be kept out of the center
[/s]
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Ademolalove: 4:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
Our elders are coming out now, we are coming to that DIVIDING GRADUALLY. THANKS GOD.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Olaolufred(m): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
[size=14pt] These old grannies are looking for their pockets to be made fat.
Their stand since the demise of PA Abraham Adesanya has shown that they are "where belle face grannies.
Let none of them deceive you.
Afenifere died with PA Adesanya.
Before you start any comment, go and find out more about the great leadership and incorruptible role of this great man.
Not these cash and carry afenifebis[/size]
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Olaolufred(m): 5:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
deji17:
Senile old man. Asking Buhari to do what he has no constitutional power to do. A lot of people are still having military regime hang over. Giving Buhari orders as if Buhari is military head of state.

They are making one to be ashamed of old age self. This is the age that is supposed to be encapsulated in wisdom.
But when you take and spend goodluck slush fund for campaign, it will be hard to ever think right again. So I know why he is sounding senile.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Jimi24: 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2019
It is not Buhari 's job to divide Nigeria. In fact he was elected to keep Nigeria one. Let this old coward stop singing a tune that will never be part of any song.
God does not want Nigeria broken up and it wont happen.
For those getting excited about the unlikely prospect of Nigeria's break up, let me leave you with this thought -think about Nigerias problems now, multiply it by 5, add anarchy, add insecurity, add even more injustice and you wont even be approaching the level of misery that will happen. You guys better stop all the nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by socialmediaman: 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
helinues:
Ayo Adebanjo again

So the reps will no longer obey the wish of the tyrant? But they obeyed his wishes choosing who leads them at the upper and lower houses?

So the tyrant no longer has powers but he was able to detain Sowore and others against the dictates of the constitution?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Ekwuite82: 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2019
Haha....I agree with Afenifere too.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Olaolufred(m): 5:32pm On Dec 28, 2019
socialmediaman:

So the reps will no longer obey the wish of the tyrant? But they obeyed his wishes choosing who leads them at the upper and lower houses?

So the tyrant no longer has powers but he was able to detain Sowore and others against the dictates of the constitution?

In Sowore's case, people said it was wrong for DSS to keep Sowore incarcerated even after the court had granted him bail.
People spoke because it was not constitutional to disobey court order even though we know our judiciary isn't out of the ills bedevilling our nation.

Constitutionally, Buhari can't do what adebanjo asked him to do.

We are even supposed to protest if he did, because it is unconstitutional.

If we encourage him to do the unconstitutional in this case, then all we are saying is that we are guided by nothing more than hypocrisy.

If you can ask Buhari to act against constitution by disbanding unitary system of government unilaterally, why condemn him on Sowore's case?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by adekolaelect(m): 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2019
Though you said it how it is supposed to be but no way .you can't appoint the responsibilities of dividing Nigeria to only Buhari!!! It is more than him alone .what were other previous leaders did in respect of it ? The answer is nothing .Buharis government is an error economically to the country .He does not wishes for it but simply bcs he is fighting corruption !!!!!! If you know you know

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Alhajimalam: 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2019
whats the difference between him and Kalu?the same thing they clamoring for. It’s so painful that they are just seeing it.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by oyebanji(m): 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2019
How does he want the president to do what he is asking?

He swore to a constitution and its not the 1963 constitution.

I think the focus for any constitutional change should be the NASS.

I know baba Adebanjo is doing his job as usual. His candidate lost and he can't see anything good in Buhari...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by sylve11: 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2019
emeijeh:
The ones that casted their votes for Next Level™ wants to japa?

For what na?

[img]https://media1./images/843166c9d3dc66da2ad9ecf63a4e80cb/tenor.gif?itemid=12221156[/img]

all these una gif too dey funny. grin cool
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by emeijeh(m): 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
sylve11:

all these una gif too dey funny. grin cool

Na for stress relief o cheesy
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by socialmediaman: 7:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
Olaolufred:

In Sowore's case, people said it was wrong for DSS to keep Sowore incarcerated even after the court had granted him bail.
People spoke because it was not constitutional to disobey court order even though we know our judiciary isn't out of the ills bedevilling our nation.

Constitutionally, Buhari can't do what adebanjo asked him to do.

We are even supposed to protest if he did, because it is unconstitutional.

If we encourage him to do the unconstitutional in this case, then all we are saying is that we are guided by nothing more than hypocrisy.

If you can ask Buhari to act against constitution by disbanding unitary system of government unilaterally, why condemn him on Sowore's case?

You don’t get the point. It sucks that I have to explain something this simple. The tyrant isn’t being asked to pronounce a division of the country, he doesn’t have the constitutional power, we all know that.

But we know that the tyrant can make things happen if he wants to. He rigged his own election though he had no constitutional powers, he was even in Daura while his proxies were pressing the buttons. He had Sowore locked up though he didn’t have the constitutional powers, in fact he didn’t even send a single memo to DSS to make that happen. We all know what happens behind closed doors in Aso Rock, people go and get the tyrant’s order and they go ahead and carry it out.

We all know he has no constitutional authority to make someone president of the senate or house of reps, yet he made it happen without pronouncing a single word publicly.

We all know who was behind the ruga settlements though the tyrant was in the shadows pretending to be unaware.

So are we still here talking about constitutional powers?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Princemichael93: 7:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
Taba21:

Simple talks
Look again, this map is faulty.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo Tells Buhari To Divide Nigeria Into Its Original Units Immediately by Thetruthshallse(m): 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
which stupid talk be this.is it not azikwe led igbo that truncated the effort of awolowo to include the secession clause in Nigeria Constitution in
London conference of 1957.

Is it not an Igbo man aguyi ironsi that Balkanized already thriving regional government and change it to the central govt we re practising today .

Igbos re the reason why one Nigeria exist today.
If zik didn't convinced Northern delegates to vote against secession clause raised by awolowo maybe nigeria would have ended after the first coup Jan 15 1966.

If aguyi ironsi didn't abolished the regional govts the 3 regions would have been thriving on their own pace without looking back.

I'm glad yanmiris paid for their greed'.civil war was a pay back on 1966 coup, and abolishment of a thriving govt by a greedy Igbo man
Thanks for this wonderful historical facts, and the igbos will be calling Yoruba's traitors. I laugh in ijebu!!!! Who is traitor now ndigbo?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uzodinma Gives Out 2,700 Phones & Cars At The Hope For Imo Concert (Pix) / IPOB Crisis Deepens As Nnamdi Kanu's Family Fight Over Money, Bank Accounts / Okorocha’s Aides, Imo Lawmakers Defect To DPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.