Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain (41946 Views)

8 Prophets Drown In Zimbabwe While Competing To Retrieve "Holy Stick"(video) / Olubunmi Diya Insists Pastor Gabriel Diya & 2 Children Who Drowned Could Swim / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by Luckybelt: 4:30am On Dec 30, 2019
backnbeta:
I can't even imagine what this woman is going through! Something must truly be wrong with that pool that made swimming difficult for the three! God, this is just too sad, too much for one person to bear cry cry
really sad!
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by kevinexit(m): 4:40am On Dec 30, 2019
Rapmoney:

Anyway, once again, Barrister Onabrakpeya is offering his services for free.

Charge and bail lawyer!
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by Mayflowa(m): 4:56am On Dec 30, 2019
Timileyin1234:
A witness who helped perform CPR on pastor father-of-three Mr Diya told on Wednesday how his wife prayed and touched her loved ones' bodies to try to will them back to life.
She was trying to do miracle cheesy
Okay

It's not funny! If God willeth, they would be back to life.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by uuzba(m): 4:58am On Dec 30, 2019
Luckybelt:

really sad!
They thought they've made it na!
Run from Nigeria, carry UK citizenship.
Use pastor money to flex.
Na im the whole family use their own hand and die inside swimming pool again.

Moses carried the whole Israelites through an entire Red Sea, nobody died.

Please stop flexing and do God's work humbly

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by kevinexit(m): 4:59am On Dec 30, 2019
I just tire 4 dis coc.k and bull stories oooo.

Just 6.5ft naim person dey drown?

Even in 50ft plus we try to reach the depth but na for ear u go hearam.... If blood nor come out.. na me know...

D guy just too lazy abeg.. dat swimming pool is just too shallow for someone to drown..

If you don't know how to swim don't just go near any water that is above your head... Especially an open water body.. please be advised..

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by uuzba(m): 5:00am On Dec 30, 2019
Mayflowa:

It's not funny! If God willeth, they would be back to life.
God doesn't willeth. Their life is over.
So prepare for your own death as I prepare for mine too..
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by uuzba(m): 5:02am On Dec 30, 2019
kevinexit:
I just tire 4 dis coc.k and bull stories oooo.

Just 6.5ft naim person dey drown?

Even in 50ft plus we try to reach the depth but na for ear u go hearam.... If blood nor come out.. na me know...

D guy just too lazy abeg.. dat swimming pool is just too shallow for someone to drown..

If you don't know how to swim don't just go near water that is above your head... Especially an open water body.. please be advised..
Flexing is worrying him.
He don't know how to swim. He won't learn. But he must flex and show off.
Na there all the family die.
The wife better watch herself. This is the lesson for her.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by Nobody: 5:21am On Dec 30, 2019
Sunofgod:
She's finished mourning and wants her compensation!

Not even interested in hiring a private investigator first!
Before she hired a lawyer. Wouldn't dey have conducted their private investigation by a trained personnel? I know you just wan to say sth...
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by gaskiyamagana: 5:33am On Dec 30, 2019
Nukilia:
What if they were electrocuted undecided

May the enemy never rejoice over us
Enemy or destiny from God?
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by gaskiyamagana: 5:35am On Dec 30, 2019
uuzba:

God doesn't willeth. Their life is over.
So prepare for your own death as I prepare for mine too..
So satan willeth?
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by gaskiyamagana: 5:37am On Dec 30, 2019
uuzba:

They thought they've made it na!
Run from Nigeria, carry UK citizenship.
Use pastor money to flex.
Na im the whole family use their own hand and die inside swimming pool again.

Moses carried the whole Israelites through an entire Red Sea, nobody died.

Please stop flexing and do God's work humbly
'Chealse' drink fan is sighted.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by fortune1968: 5:39am On Dec 30, 2019
this thing could be rituals
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by gaskiyamagana: 5:41am On Dec 30, 2019
exco90:
I she not a Christian?..

is she not to leave the whole thing for God?
You don't know Christians, bad things are from satan and good things are from God.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by MetaPhysical: 5:59am On Dec 30, 2019
May their souls rest in peace.

I have a word of caution for those who depend on pastor miracle for recovery. There is no miracle with any pastor, we are all dependent on God.

I pray God heal Mrs Diya's heart and give the surviving members of the family relief. Amen!

A witness who helped perform CPR on pastor father-of-three Mr Diya told on Wednesday how his wife prayed and touched her loved ones' bodies to try to will them back to life.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by clemzo101(m): 6:09am On Dec 30, 2019
I'm still shocked that such a holiday resort has no life saver in the pool area. That is sub standard.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by EllaSparkles(f): 6:21am On Dec 30, 2019
Even if there was nothing wrong with the pool, the resort should be sued for negligence. Why were there no lifeguards?

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by mctfopt: 6:32am On Dec 30, 2019
I thought a pool of that size should have a life guard
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by luminouzzzzzz(m): 7:10am On Dec 30, 2019
Ornament2003:

From experience, 80% of people who claim they could swim could only wiggle and wriggle in the water. They really don't swim well.

Like 3 years ago, a man in his late forties came to the pool and saw us diving and jumping into the pool. He asked us the depth of the pool, and we told him 12, 10, 8 and 4 feet in that graduations. We asked if he's a Swimmer and he said, Yes. The man went to change, then came back and jumped into the 10 feet section. And he began to struggle and to drown. His wife started calling for help, and we quickly rescued him. To him and his wife, he could swim. But in reality, he's not a good Swimmer. If he'd died, the wife must have been telling the world that the husband was a good Swimmer.

Be reminded also that the underground filters have sieves and that would even reduce the auctioning pressure.

You make nice points.
I guess the lawyer and everyone involved will fight it out then

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by luminouzzzzzz(m): 7:11am On Dec 30, 2019
Xda59:

Those kids shouldn't be inside that pool in the first place because it is way too deep for them and if the man could swim like she claimed, he would have dived into the pool and not use the stairs when he tried to save them.

You have a point. There should be a lifeguard though.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by luminouzzzzzz(m): 7:13am On Dec 30, 2019
linearity:

Pool pulps are circulation systems and incapable of generating enough current to pull a human body anywhere.

Everything left floating in the pool ends up in the filter or attached to one of the intake valves.

Also her narrative that they were pulled to the center of the pool is in direct conflict with the fact that her hat was pulled to the pool filter intake.

Pool filter intakes are located at the side of the pool and very close to the surface, about less than a feet below the water level. If pool pulp was pulling them, it would have pulled them towards the pool filter intake or the other intake located on side of the pool and not the center of the pool.

The only valve usually located at the center of a pool and at the bottom of the deep side is the the drain valve, use to drain water from the pool and empty it and only use during pool maintenance and not when the pool is in use and that too does not have enough force to pull a body.
Hmmmm...I guess they would fight it out in court now.
I still found no fault with the woman. She is aggrieved.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by back2sender: 7:15am On Dec 30, 2019
sigiyaya:
Why get a lawyer Why not leave it for God lipsrsealed
Don't mind them, this is the set of people that has rejected Nigeria and never sees anything good at it. They are British and not Nigerians sef, so why disturbing our airwaves with this sef.
The woman did not run to call for help on time, she only did when it has gone out of hand. Oyibo don't waste time to react to SOS messages unlike us here.
The woman was enjoying the show until the Matta come get as ebi, I blame the woman for indecision and time wastage during the process
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by back2sender: 7:17am On Dec 30, 2019
luminouzzzzzz:

Hmmmm...I guess they would fight it out in court now.
I still found no fault with the woman. She is aggrieved.
She is to blame, she wasted timed calling for help. There is no way Oyibo people will hear SOS and not respond swiftly, they are not like us here.
She showed her Nigeria mentality as we do over here, watching, snapping selfies with phones, shouting Jesus name instead of assisting or giving chance to those who can
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by NoToPile: 7:19am On Dec 30, 2019
6 and half feet pool?? Something must be wrong somewhere abeg.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by IMASTEX: 7:29am On Dec 30, 2019
Rapmoney:
The conclusion that the pool was safe by the hotel management was very quick. I mean, how could it be that quick that the pool was okay?

The hotel should have CCTV; the video should be examined to know if the girl fell into the pool or otherwise.
Seconded, another angle is that pools always have divers who oversee what go on for safety reasons.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by banhammy: 7:35am On Dec 30, 2019
Ma, don't waste your money on unnecessary legal pursue. Keep faith in God and mourn your husband peacefully.
Maybe or maybe not, get a good husband and take care of yourself and your family.
God is your strength.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by luminouzzzzzz(m): 7:36am On Dec 30, 2019
back2sender:

She is to blame, she wasted timed calling for help. There is no way Oyibo people will hear SOS and not respond swiftly, they are not like us here.
She showed her Nigeria mentality as we do over here, watching, snapping selfies with phones, shouting Jesus name instead of assisting or giving chance to those who can

Did you read the narrative?
She called for help. She is a christian, of course she would wanna pray based in her faith.

You dont believe in her faith, I understand that but no way a woman like that wouldn't call for help in such situation

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by luminouzzzzzz(m): 7:37am On Dec 30, 2019
back2sender:

Don't mind them, this is the set of people that has rejected Nigeria and never sees anything good at it. They are British and not Nigerians sef, so why disturbing our airwaves with this sef.
The woman did not run to call for help on time, she only did when it has gone out of hand. Oyibo don't waste time to react to SOS messages unlike us here.
The woman was enjoying the show until the Matta come get as ebi, I blame the woman for indecision and time wastage during the process

A woman was 'enjoying the show' as her husband and two kids struggle for life?

Haba....that's very untrue naaaaa undecided

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by YelloweWest: 7:53am On Dec 30, 2019
Xda59:

Which millions of dollars? That lawyer wants to take her little money that's all.
U think Spain is Nigeria? 3 health young people died in the same pool and u think everything was normal?
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by GloShare(m): 8:08am On Dec 30, 2019
chrisxxx:
The only fault I pick in all this imbroglio is the absence of CCTV in that pool. Spain is an advanced country where things were supposed to be exemplary. Apart from CCTV there should have been standby lifesavers in the vicinity of the pool.
They owe all pool users duty of care. This is sheer negligence and they will go down for this.
The pumping system truly may have no problem as its main purpose is for circulatory reason.

Pools are like toilets. Because of the way people get half naked, CCTVs are sometimes not installed at such places.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:12am On Dec 30, 2019
So sad
Rip to the dead
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by nanizle(m): 8:24am On Dec 30, 2019
YINKS89:
There is more to that story... How can 3 people just die like that

The story is quite saddening.

It's quite easy to drown in a pool if you can't swim, even in a shallow pool.
Re: Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain by EgunMogaji2: 8:49am On Dec 30, 2019
No big deal, this is standard procedure.

It's a civil suit, she'll be compensated by the hotels insurance company. No biggie.

Don't swim at commercial pools without lifeguards on duty. The pool and it's equipment are different from the one in homes.

Don't swim after heavy meals.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Lords Chosen: Vikings Cult Leader Surrenders Gun & Accepts Jesus (Photos) / Maraji Preaches Jesus On Salah Day, Sets Social Media On Fire / Burial Photos Of Pastor Taiwo Odukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.