Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer - Crime (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer (64404 Views)

Mary Mijebo: Lesbian Tiktoker Enjoyment Don 75 Shot Dead By Yahoo Boys In Delta / Suspected Armed Robber Arrested For Shooting One Dead In Ogun (photo) / Gunman Shot Dead After Opening Fire On Security Operatives. Graphic Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by khia: 11:38pm On Dec 30, 2019
[quote auth undecidedor=EgunMogaji2 post=85359325]

I’m a Texan. I have acres of land, a rental property, years of taxes in at least three counties there. This makes me a Texan.

This is not about faith or religion, I wear neither on my sleeves.

I merely wanted to correct what you wrote that we worship guns. We don’t.[/quote]

I was talking about real Texans not Nigerians. undecided
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by lebete3000: 12:03am On Dec 31, 2019
khia:

It was multiple people who brought guns into the church, that's the way Texans are, they worship the gun.

My uncle in Houston told me some congregations even buy guns as gifts for their Pastor...
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by khia: 12:22am On Dec 31, 2019
lebete3000:

My uncle in Houston told me some congregations even buy guns as gifts for their Pastor...

Of course they do.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by EgunMogaji2: 12:50am On Dec 31, 2019
khia:

I was talking about real Texans not Nigerians. undecided

I’m a real Texan. My state ID card and Democrat party card says so.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by somehow: 12:51am On Dec 31, 2019
Save your breath, you can't wake who is pretending to be asleep.
rusher14:

Screw any religion.

What are they doing when they've already lost 70 thousand citizens to gunfire this year alone?

Far more than what terrorism has taken in its 10 years of existence in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by somehow: 12:53am On Dec 31, 2019
Imagine you as a black man sighting a cop in the US means you have 50/50 chances of surviving if you're alone and with your hands not VERY VISIBLY SEEN by the cop.
MedicH:

imagine u are a bus driver and a police man stops u on the way and demands for 50 naira. from that moment to the next few seconds is a huge determinant of whether you are live or very dead.

3 Likes

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by davillian(m): 12:56am On Dec 31, 2019
mvem:
which high level of security...do you watch the news at all?...the deaths by gun in the US is far beyond many countries. In a day like Chicago you have many deaths that don't show up on the news due to gun violence. Una go use Hollywood dey judge US
Let me make you happy
Nigeria has better security than the US
Are you satisfied now!?

2 Likes

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by poseidon12: 1:24am On Dec 31, 2019
Dpharisee:
With this method Boko Haram and herdsmen would have been cleared out, every Christian needs to own a gun in Nigeria, that's the way to fight the creeping jihad

Exactly.

2 Likes

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by khia: 1:28am On Dec 31, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

I’m a real Texan. My state ID card and Democrat party card says so.

Lol grin. I'm only teasing you.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 2:28am On Dec 31, 2019
Some will quickly dismiss this, but there is enough reason to believe this is a result of a systematic conspiracy by certain elements with the goal of making current gun laws look unreasonable so it can be reviewed. Why, u ask? So when gun laws are reviewed and the average citizen can't possess a gun for self-defense, they can unleash terrorists in several locations on a killing spree for all they can gain in it. Ask yourself why sane people in an environment like the US, with a thriving economy and all keep committing this crime in churches especially and other public places except this is an organized and scripted crime. Some power freaks(swampists) at the helm of world affairs are simply demon possessed for control and gain
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by budaatum: 4:44am On Dec 31, 2019
Kingspin:

How dare you? Are you comparing Boko haram herdsmen genocide, community invaders and land grabbers to random shootings in the US? Where both black, white and yellow are the target to local killings in Nigeria where Mr. A is killed while Mr B is free.

Apart from attack by Islamic terrorist group most attacks in the US are random shooting. Not religion-related. Know where to draw the line.
You probably don't know boko haram and Fulani herdsmen have killed more Muslims than Christians.

I was not blaming religion for killings in US or Nigeria even. I blame stupid ignorant people.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by meetolu(m): 5:15am On Dec 31, 2019
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Kingspin(m): 6:25am On Dec 31, 2019
budaatum:

You probably don't know Boko haram and Fulani herdsmen have killed more Muslims than Christians.

I was not blaming religion for killings in US or Nigeria even. I blame stupid ignorant people.
Boko haram has killed more Muslims than Christians. That is what they went you to believe.

If Boko haram and herdsmen are killing only Muslims there won't be a need for religious tension in Nigeria. From Benue, Jos, South Kaduna, Taraba, Borno etc only non-muslim community and Church have come under attack. Lives, children, mother and million of properties wasted. yet there are more Mosques in the North.
The truth is for all to see.

Probably the day Muslims will accept the truth about the killing of non-Muslims in the North would be the day Boko haram and herdsmen massacre will end in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by eyinjuege: 6:50am On Dec 31, 2019
alphaNomega:
When this is over, the man who brought a handgun to church should go for psychiatric evaluation. He might be the next shooter

Several of them brought handguns to church, if you read the article. It's better they're all mad together. Many shooters will think twice when they know they could also be shot by others, without achieving their aim of killing more.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by kong200: 6:55am On Dec 31, 2019
Kingspin:
Boko haram has killed more Muslims than Christians. That is what they went you to believe.

If Boko haram and herdsmen are killing only Muslims there won't be a need for religious tension in Nigeria. From Benue, Jos, South Kaduna, Taraba, Borno etc only non-muslim community and Church have come under attack. Lives, children, mother and million of properties wasted. yet there are more Mosques in the North.
The truth is for all to see.

Probably the day Muslims will accept the truth about the killing of non-Muslims in the North would be the day Boko haram and herdsmen massacre will end in Nigeria.

The way and manner you Christians twist stories and always act victims in every situation is mind blowing. He said boko haram has killed more muslims and not "only" muslims and that's the fact. If boko haram are indeed interested in killing Christians they will be in predominant Christian states(East) to wipe out the Christians there.

Back to the thread, the journalism, governor, Christians on this thread are bunch of hypocrites and bigots

The perpetrator is called a gunman and the act is called violence because he is a white chrsitian. Flip the coin the a man of colour or an arab and it will instantly change to terrorist and terrorism. The Christians on this thread didnt curse the white Christian terrorist nor did they curse christianity or anything about it because of the level of bigotry and hypocrisy in their blood but would have shouted on top of their lungs if it was an arab muslim. The muslims on this thread have kept their cool yet they are the violent and intolerant people.

Christians really should look in the mirror. Hypocrisy is a religious Christian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by beardedboy(m): 7:39am On Dec 31, 2019
PrecisionFx:

So why does every single media company report only boko haram, islamic killings and fulani killings in Nigeria.

They publish what they wish and report the version they wish.

I've had firsthand experience with journalists, you should fear them.

2 Likes

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by litaninja(m): 7:54am On Dec 31, 2019
Lol.
Texas of all places to pull out a gun and attack innocent people. Everyone there is armed mehn.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by NinjaMetahuman: 7:57am On Dec 31, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Apples and oranges.If US was so dangerous trust me your citizens wont be queuing up at the embassy
"our" citizens are not queuing up because america is such a safe place (far from it)

It's because it has great economy. People will queue to live with dangerous lion if it has food than stay hungry living with safe elephant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by lanrefront1(m): 8:13am On Dec 31, 2019
aimuan:
The US is the number one brander in the world.For every reported crime committed in the US there are many unreported. They chose what they want outsiders to see,and they tell the story according to how they want it to be heard. The have country integrity. But in Africa Nigeria per se, people are willing to report even event that didn't even happen,they careless about the image of the country. My brother that's the problem. Our content makers are doing a bad job in sending wrong picture of Africa to the way. The way we tell our story is the way the world sees it. So our media needs to step up their game
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by NinjaMetahuman: 8:20am On Dec 31, 2019
tot:

Stop posting FALSE information and plucking figures out of the air. 70,000 from where? You think this is Nigeria.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50936575

The US suffered more mass killings in 2019 than any year on record, according to researchers. A database compiled by the Associated Press (AP), USA Today and Northeastern University recorded 41 incidents and a total of 211 deaths.
learn to read before you attempt to debunk a post.

70000 deaths related to violence and guns. Not necessarily mass shooting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by topmost945(m): 8:34am On Dec 31, 2019
alphaNomega:
When this is over, the man who brought a handgun to church should go for psychiatric evaluation. He might be the next shooter

I doubt that, having a gun is lyk a normal thing in Texas, even in the report, several others brought out their guns
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by tot(f): 9:22am On Dec 31, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
learn to read before you attempt to debunk a post.

70000 deaths related to violence and guns. Not necessarily mass shooting.

YOU are the one that should learn to read. The guy I quoted wrote "70,000 deaths from mass shootings in 2019". Duh.

undecided
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Jaqenhghar: 9:29am On Dec 31, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
"our" citizens are not queuing up because america is such a safe place (far from it)

It's because it has great economy. People will queue to live with dangerous lion if it has food than stay hungry living with safe elephant.
Bullshit. You honestly believe this nonsense you put up? LOL

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by oluwaahmed: 10:03am On Dec 31, 2019
beresponsible:
End times don near when men dey pack iron go church. When the yawa gas all congregation pull their respective iron. Wicked church

The idiot mass shooter think say only am dey carry grin. E forget say na white neighborhood him dey sey those white niggers no dey Bleep with their tools esp as mass shooting don too much for church. Mass shooter that got massacred in church. cheesy. Een fellow mass shooters for hell go dey disappointed with am
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by virago(f): 11:07am On Dec 31, 2019
alphaNomega:

It wasn't just one person who bought hand guns to church
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 31, 2019
beardedboy:

They publish what they wish and report the version they wish.

I've had firsthand experience with journalists, you should fear them.

U haven't answered my question

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Omnivalent(m): 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]Inside Life
Inside Life
Inside Life
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Cityguy: 4:45pm On Dec 31, 2019
Dpharisee:
With this method Boko Haram and herdsmen would have been cleared out, every Christian needs to own a gun in Nigeria, that's the way to fight the creeping jihad
I remember that we could worship in our churches before without having security outfits men stationed outside. However, when the attacks started coming in left right and center, they had to come in. In some churches, you get frisked and properly checked before granted access. It's not rocket science. God gave us brain and it's high time we deployed them to use. I saw our military men worshiping with their ruffles by their side. Are we now saying that was wrong? Of course not. Nothing is wrong with the weapon but the use to which it is put is my problem. I would proudly carry mine anywhere if I eventually get one, esp where some vagabonds want to exterminate everyone so.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Cityguy: 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2019
topmost945:

I doubt that, having a gun is lyk a normal thing in Texas, even in the report, several others brought out their guns
We need this too. When anybody tries to do anyhow, he gets treated anyhow not this one that some idiots would just leap from the bush and attack passengers, churches, malls etc here and would go free. They kill with wanton abandon and we don't get to see any of them gunned down. Last last, claims of innocence everywhere even when people report seeing them behind the crime.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by NinjaMetahuman: 5:55pm On Dec 31, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Bullshit. You honestly believe this nonsense you put up? LOL
what do you know?

You are still being fed.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by NinjaMetahuman: 5:59pm On Dec 31, 2019
tot:

YOU are the one that should learn to read. The guy I quoted wrote "70,000 deaths from mass shootings in 2019". Duh.

undecided
even after posting the screenshot of the source he was quoting, you were still talking about 70k from mass shooting.

You chose to be blind cos you want to lick america's butt.

Slave mentality and inferiority complex worse pass army robber cheesy -fela
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Kingspin(m): 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
kong200:

The way and manner you Christians twist stories and always act victims in every situation is mind blowing. He said boko haram has killed more muslims and not "only" muslims and that's the fact. If boko haram are indeed interested in killing Christians they will be in predominant Christian states(East) to wipe out the Christians there.

Back to the thread, the journalism, governor, Christians on this thread are bunch of hypocrites and bigots

The perpetrator is called a gunman and the act is called violence because he is a white chrsitian. Flip the coin the a man of colour or an arab and it will instantly change to terrorist and terrorism. The Christians on this thread didnt curse the white Christian terrorist nor did they curse christianity or anything about it because of the level of bigotry and hypocrisy in their blood but would have shouted on top of their lungs if it was an arab Muslim. The Muslims on this thread have kept their cool yet they are the violent and intolerant people.

Christians really should look in the mirror. Hypocrisy is a religious Christian
The Muslims kept their cool because they are not victims and have nothing to offer the situation. Did you think if Muslims are really under attack that they will keep mute? Any day Christians start invading and killing Muslims that day a full blow religion will commence and Nigeria will burn down.

Give me statistics of how many Mosques burnt and how many Muslims community destroy by Christians or even Boko an Islamic group. Even Buhari and others have made a public statement to support their radicalism.

The biggest problem with Muslims is not accepted that Islamic terrorist read Qoran and declare for it, kills causing non-Muslims to dislike them and so Islam needs reform.

Example: Leah the Christian girl who rejects Islam is still under captive while her co-victims were released because they were Muslims.

Boko Haram jihadists have killed seven people on Christmas Eve in a raid on a Christian village near the town of Chibok in northeast Nigeria's Borno state, local militia and residents told AFP Wednesday. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.voanews.com/africa/7-killed-nigeria-jihadist-attack-christmas-eve%3famp
More than 1,000 Christians have been murdered by Islamic militants this year in Nigeria, according to a report circulated by Christian news outlets earlier this month.

A militia of Islamic Fulani herdsmen murdered Christians as part of an aggressive and strategic land-grabbing strategy across the Plateau, Benue, Taraba, Southern Kaduna and parts of Bauchi state, https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/world/nigeria-1000-christians-killed-islamic-militants-fulani-boko-haram.amp

Lagos, Nigeria (CNN)The US government is honoring an 83-year-old Muslim cleric who hid 262 Christians in his home and mosque during an attack in central Nigeria.
Imam Abubakar Abdullahi,

Countless time victims killed by Islamic groups some have to recite Qoran before they are set free otherwise they will be killed.

The recent one the Islamic State group released a video claiming to show the killing of 11 Christians in Nigeria.

Thousands of Christians have been killed or abducted by Boko Haram, the militant Islamist group who claim to have established a ‘caliphate’ (Islamic state) in northern Nigeria. On a devastating scale also, Christians are also the target of Hausa-Fulani Muslim herdsmen, who have destroyed hundreds of churches and killed thousands of Christians...

How many mosques have been attacked? Muslims community or Muslims directly killed? Give list.

There is no Christian group that attack Muslims or bomb mosques
If Christians start their attack today Nigeria will engulf into a religious war. There is tension in the land because one religion is killing another.

Muslims for once should know how to restrict their religion to themselves and stop brainwash member with an anti-Christian sermon which is fueling hatred.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Missing Hunchback Man Found Dead Two Weeks After He Was Kidnapped (Graphic) / Lady Harassed By Men For Wearing "Sexy" Dress To The Market (Video) / Herbalist And Wife Use 7-Year-Old Son For Money Ritual In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.