Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer (64502 Views)

Mary Mijebo: Lesbian Tiktoker Enjoyment Don 75 Shot Dead By Yahoo Boys In Delta / Suspected Armed Robber Arrested For Shooting One Dead In Ogun (photo) / Gunman Shot Dead After Opening Fire On Security Operatives. Graphic Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Chinkobanana: 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2019
lawkenoz:

No wahala you are free to relocate back to nigeria since its safer in your opinion. And please relocate to maiduguri and then compare it with chicago after youve relocated.

We will be patiently waiting for your safety analysis of both countries.

Get your head out of your arse bro. I understand maiduguri is a war zone right now and it is expected to be unsafe but does that paint the same picture for the entire Nigeria? The answer to this is no.

There are 35 other states which are regarded safe so why do you refer me to only maiduguri? Is Nigeria Maiduguri alone?

Texas is about two thirds the size of the entire Nigeria and is not a safe state due to mass shooters as well. So i am in a better position to tell you what is what.

I am planning to return home to my Delta state or stay in Abuja. You think we have got it good here? Wake up bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2019
OgunLaakaye:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50936575

But you should know better.

Mass shootings are not for all gun related deaths.

Read my statement again.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Jaqenhghar: 3:51pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:

All thanks to the propaganda they unleashed to brainwash people into thinking they are safer than anywhere in Africa.

Even black americans are fed up. Why do you think that till date there is a mad shout for Gun laws in USA? It is because the deaths are too much
LMAO
Propaganda indeed. Even you when dey talk if you see chance you will run

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Awoo88: 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
alphaNomega:
When this is over, the man who brought a handgun to church should go for psychiatric evaluation. He might be the next shooter
Actually in places like kano and zamfara, some part of Kaduna, people are "holding their side/go church"
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Chinkobanana: 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
linearity:

Bros, where do you live? Is it Syria!

You just described bullshit and an hyperbole right there! Agreed, people who live very close to the epicenter of a menace allow their emotions to influence objectivity when describing a National trend.

I also live in the US and what you described above only happens in Syria, am in New Jersey; Camden New Jersey is the murder capital of the United States and I have been there, nothing like the hyperbole you stated above happens in Camden, I have been to Newark, Elizabeth, etc that are also very notorious but not as Camden and it is not like what you have stated.

If you truly live in the US as you claimed, you will realize that; there are thousands of cities, neighborhood, etc where there are very little to no murder, year-in and year-out; e.g. where I currently lives, almost everyone have a gun, but have consistently maintain zero murder rates for many years now, except in 2019, when there was just 1 and this is not a small town.

I doubt if you live in the US, otherwise I dare you to give me your zip code, and I will post here; the up to the minute murder rate of that area, including the figures for last night, and the general population here will see your hyperbole for what they are.

I hate to inform you that, the stats I quoted above, have the murder rate for the worst areas in the US baked-in, including where you currently lives (if it is in the US), Camden, Baltimore, St. Louis, etc. The dynamic of these stats vi-sa-vi Nigeria is, we do not keep records in Nigeria, every murder in America is reported, documented and we get to discuss them on Nairaland, but you know that is not the case in Nigeria. Even not all murder cases reported to the police are tabulated and added to the National figures in Nigeria.

Please upgrade your struggle, so that you can move from Syria to the USA and when in the USA, one good clue, not to live in black or colored neighborhoods, yes the cost of living is more expensive and affinity to jobs for blacks in these neighborhoods are very low, but if you upgrade your hustle enough, you can afford it.

You do realize that there have been more than 342,439 people who died from gun violence in the United States from 2008 through 2017 alone right?, meaning that a person is killed with a gun in this country every 15 minutes. Does this figure look like a party to you?

My zip code is 39110 go ahead and pull up the stats for this entire year and then apologize to me after you are done.

2 Likes

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Eddee(m): 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
thebigkendo:

Bros.. It's like you are amongst the "few of them" that chickened out grin grin grin

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Inteltower: 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2019
rusher14:

Name who has been shielded.

Name who has been arrested and persecuted
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2019
hermesprogidy:

Yes, there are World Bank projects, but they are all loans. That is why they are always tagged "World Bank assisted" But who argues about American assistance to Nigeria through USAID? I need to flog that guy angry

Loans, yes but WorldBank do give grants as well. You can read more on that. They do help fight against poverty and many more through grants.

That guy knows nothing m
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by InvertedHammer: 4:05pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:
USA lied in their propaganda that Christians were being targeted by Muslims in Nigeria but just today here is an attack against Christians in USA and it is not the first.

Mass shootings in USA has become a daily occurrence yet same USA claims Africa is not safe.

Records show that USA has the highest number of mass killings but it is Nigeria or Africa that is not safe.

Okay o

It is high time Africa countries began issuing travel warnings to her citizens against going to USA
/
You do understand that it is all about economy.
No matter the level of travel warnings, Nigerians will still give Thanksgiving on being issued American visa. Who pass you pass you.
Do you know there are countries that are visa exempt to US and other developed nations? Look closer and you will know why. Wanna be indifferent to US? Grow your economy! Until then, enjoy your fantasy. You are trying to negotiate from a position of weakness. grin

\

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 30, 2019
rusher14:

But you should know better.

Mass shootings are not for all gun related deaths.

Read my statement again.

Sill not up to that figure Bro.

If I total everything, Its still less than a thousand.

Lets me approximate and say 800 people have been killed
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by khia: 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
Angelfrost:

No they don't... They are brave and wise people who know there's no such thing as a safe world!!!

We ought to learn from them.

I hate it when people get slaughtered without the slightest chance or ability to put up a fight.

Where is their faith in God if they feel they need to take firearm into his supposedly house of worship for protection?

2 Likes

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Finnestgreat: 4:15pm On Dec 30, 2019
What is dis world turning into,who in his right sense would carry a gun to church.Chai!
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by trutht828: 4:15pm On Dec 30, 2019
MillerJnr:

Mr dumb us, u wey no dumb, otepu wey no value him father land, dey worship white man as if no be black monkey him go call you Las Las

Is that what your dead brain could decipher from this convo?
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2019
OgunLaakaye:

But I have provided today's statistics and I'm not going to repost the link for everyone that requests.

39, 150 people killed by gun violence this year alone in the USA.

Just look through my previous posts.

2 Likes

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2019
oldtruth:

Loans, yes but WorldBank do give grants as well. You can read more on that. They do help fight against poverty and many more through grants.

That guy knows nothing m

You guys should stop this nonsense.

The World Bank gives loans and possibly grants but what % of our GDP do they give grants?

Stop writing like kids and be rational.

You hate your country, yes but you must provide sound arguments.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by MillerJnr(m): 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
trutht828:

Is that what your dead brain could decipher from this convo?
so e pain your say I call you monkey, that means u be monkey true true , Dan buro uba
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Savagethe21st(m): 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
my only fear about going to usa...well if its in nigeria we would have seen both dead bodies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W90ebtj21t4 Hello guys i'm a 17 year old producer from lagos NIGERIA chasing my dreams.It would be a huge blessing if someone checked out my beats and subscribe to channel. Comment what you think or corrections.Thanks and Godbless.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Chinkobanana: 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
OgunLaakaye:

You are wrong bro. America is even worse than Afghanistan and iraq when it comes to gun violence and they are even a war zone. This place is terrible these days

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mass-shootings-2019-more-mass-shootings-than-days-so-far-this-year/

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2019/08/05/743579605/how-the-u-s-compares-to-other-countries-in-deaths-from-gun-violence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Btruth: 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2019
Don't know why, I detest America as nation to reside. Europe is much safer

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by trutht828: 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2019
MillerJnr:

so e pain your say I call you monkey, that means u be monkey true true , Dan buro uba

Yesh, it's painful that you sound stupid despite the funds your parents have wasted on your education. You comment like a wasted investment, don't you know?
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by poweredcom(m): 4:41pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:

Am i the government? I only gave my own factual advice. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. They say we are not Safe because of reasons they concocted. We can also say they are not safe based on the facts we see especially the current mass shooting epidermic ongoing in USA which can happen anywhere and anytime without prior warning

Oga stop telling us what we know

You can't stop us from visiting USA abeg clear road jare
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by quickly: 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2019
alphaNomega:
When this is over, the man who brought a handgun to church should go for psychiatric evaluation. He might be the next shooter

People carry gun in Texas it’s open carry and for the very reason.

To stop a gunman.

In most white churches at least 3 people have guns. Apart from the security
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by 247days: 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
[s]
Afamed:

May God bless you for exposing this in-depth analysis. Many of the our citizens here in Nigeria have been brainwashed , to them US and the other developed nations are 100% perfect
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Chinkobanana: 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
For those who care to know the truth. This is stats from 2010 when it was not even this bad.

Read it and know the truth people. Don't believe all the hype you watch in movies or read in the media about this country.

U.S. Statistics on Gun Deaths & Injuries

1. In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides, suicides and unintentional shootings. This is the equivalent of more than 85 deaths each day and more than three deaths each hour.

2. 73,505 Americans were treated in hospital emergency departments for non-fatal gunshot wounds in 2010.

3. Firearms were the third-leading cause of injury-related deaths nationwide in 2010, following poisoning and motor vehicle accidents.

4. Between 1955 and 1975, the Vietnam War killed over 58,000 American soldiers – less than the number of civilians killed with guns in the U.S. in an average two-year period.

5. In the first seven years of the U.S.-Iraq War, over 4,400 American soldiers were killed. Almost as many civilians are killed with guns in the U.S., however, every seven weeks.

6. An average of eight children and teens under the age of 20 are killed by guns every day.

7. American children die by guns 11 times as often as children in other high-income countries.

8. Youth (ages 0 to 19) in the most rural U.S. counties are as likely to die from a gunshot as those living in the most urban counties. Rural children die of more gun suicides and unintentional shooting deaths. Urban children die more often of gun homicides.

9. Firearm homicide is the second-leading cause of death (after motor vehicle accidents)

https://npalliance.org/from-our-allies-facts-about-gun-violence/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by tck2000(m): 4:44pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:
USA lied in their propaganda that Christians were being targeted by Muslims in Nigeria but just today here is an attack against Christians in USA and it is not the first.

Mass shootings in USA has become a daily occurrence yet same USA claims Africa is not safe.

Records show that USA has the highest number of mass killings but it is Nigeria or Africa that is not safe.

Okay o

It is high time Africa countries began issuing travel warnings to her citizens against going to USA
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Goldicon2(m): 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:
Nobody knows where the next mass shooting is going to take place in USA. Today it happened in a church. In August it happened in a Walmart store in El Paso where 22 people were shot dead but it is Africa that is not safe.

They should continue with their propaganda targeted at demarketing Africa and let gullible Africans keep on buying into their lies.

Yeah There has been records of mass Shootings this yes in USA . But my Brother you know how Many people way SARS and police don kill illegally this Year for Naija? Men let's face it Nigeria ain't Safe

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Angelfrost(m): 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2019
khia:

Where is their faith in God if they feel they need to take firearm into his supposedly house of worship for protection?

I guess you haven't really read or studied the Bible...

Penitents have been packing even before the invention of guns. grin
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by lawkenoz(m): 4:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
Chinkobanana:

Get your head out of your arse bro. I understand maiduguri is a war zone right now and it is expected to be unsafe but does that paint the same picture for the entire Nigeria? The answer to this is no.

There are 35 other states which are regarded safe so why do you refer me to only maiduguri? Is Nigeria Maiduguri alone?

Texas is about two thirds the size of the entire Nigeria and is not a safe state due to mass shooters as well. So i am in a better position to tell you what is what.

I am planning to return home to my Delta state or stay in Abuja. You think we have got it good here? Wake up bro.

And there he goes, throwing insults. Mr head not in arse, don't get emotional over trivial issues. If USA is not safe for you return back to Nigeria, no one is holding you back.

That people don't tell of insecurity issues in other states of nigeria doesnt mean that they are safe. Comparing safety of Nigeria to the united states is just plain silly.

You may not have it good there but you have it better than people in Nigeria, you can argue all you want at least you agreed maiduguri is a war zone, I'm sure chicago is also a war zone right?

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Chinkobanana: 4:56pm On Dec 30, 2019
lawkenoz:

And there he goes, throwing insults. Mr head not in arse, don't get emotional over trivial issues. If USA is not safe for you return back to Nigeria, no one is holding you back.

That people don't tell of insecurity issues in other states of nigeria doesnt mean that they are safe. Comparing safety of Nigeria to the united states is just plain silly.

You may not have it good there but you have it better than people in Nigeria, you can argue all you want at least you agreed maiduguri is a war zone, I'm sure chicago is also a war zone right?

I did not insult you bro. I simply said get your head out of your arse. A simple expression. Why are you guys so testy over the most ridiculous of things?

Well until you begin to really tell about insecurity in other states do not try to pass off an assumption as fact when you have nothing to back it up with except maiduguri which is just one out of 36 states.

I have shown you facts while all you have are assumptions bro. That is not right so i stand true when i say you are wrong and remain so

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by linearity: 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2019
Chinkobanana:

You do realize that there have been more than 342,439 people who died from gun violence in the United States from 2008 through 2017 alone right?, meaning that a person is killed with a gun in this country every 15 minutes. Does this figure look like a party to you?

My zip code is 39110 go ahead and pull up the stats for this entire year and then apologize to me after you are done.

Bros, Again am not disputing your figures; all I am saying is that, it is wrong to use that raw figure as indicative of the whole of America vi-sa-vi Nigeria, without indexing it with the total population of each country.

I will take it from you that, 342,439 died from gun violence in the US from 2008 to 2017; index that with the fact that; there are more than 300 million people living in America, that comes to about 0.001% over the 10 years period you have quoted. Yes, a single murder is one too much, and if you are closer to the murder, you tend to fill it more and more likely to exaggerate it, because emotions are involved....but, if you step back a bit, remove emotions from the equation, the truth is a murder rate of 0.001% is truly phenomenal, given that there are about 1.5 guns within the America civilian population to 1 person.

From your zip code, you live in Madison MS in the South; surprisedly Madison is the top safest city in Mississippi.....are you sure you live in Madison MS or you must agreed that, you were just exaggerating?

These are Madison, MS crime stats...nothing close to the gloom and doom scenarios you painted in your previous post....the irony lost here is, do you know how many people willing commit 'murder' for a chance to live in Madison, MS?

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by hermesprogidy(m): 5:06pm On Dec 30, 2019
oldtruth:

That guy knows nothing m
You are spot on, they also give grants.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by TLION(m): 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2019
[s]
abumeinben:
O boy. See mehn dey carry Shaka enter church o in self-defence.

Do we now say the church goer has committed murder hence he goes to hell?
. [/s]

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Two Chinese Men For Offering N100 Million Bribe In Cash [PHOTOS] / Man Jailed For 19 Years For Rape In Lagos / Don Wanny And His Boys Surrender To Wike Amnesty (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.