Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,930 members, 7,821,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer - Crime (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer (64474 Views)

Mary Mijebo: Lesbian Tiktoker Enjoyment Don 75 Shot Dead By Yahoo Boys In Delta / Suspected Armed Robber Arrested For Shooting One Dead In Ogun (photo) / Gunman Shot Dead After Opening Fire On Security Operatives. Graphic Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by lawkenoz(m): 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2019
Chinkobanana:

I did not insult you bro. I simply said get your head out of your arse. A simple expression. Why are you guys so testy over the most ridiculous of things?

Well until you begin to really tell about insecurity in other states do not try to pass off an assumption as fact when you have nothing to back it up with except maiduguri which is just one out of 36 states.

I have shown you facts while all you have are assumptions bro. That is not right so i stand true when i say you are wrong and remain so

I don't remember disputing your facts, I do not live in the USA and do not know by what indices your stats are counting so I have nothing to say about it. I have relatives and family members in the states, they have a different opinion when it comes to the subject matter.

I live in Nigeria and I'm well travelled within Nigeria. And trust me when I tell you insecurity is a big issue here. From kidnapping to armed robbery and outright killing by both armed lunatics and uniformed men I have lost count.

I had a family member kidnapped just last month in delta state. I have uncles and brothers killed in jos, benue, kaduna, kano, bauchi, abuja, Niger, anambra. I have freinds that were shot dead by trigger happy policemen and SARS operatives. Ive had my own mother stabbed by religious zealots and my fathers business razed to the ground in states you would call safe.

So when you are comparing safety of both countries, don't assume I live safely in nigeria. I respect your opinion, but from where I am standing you are completely wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by ReeLoaDead(m): 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:

Okay o

It is high time Africa countries began issuing travel warnings to her citizens against going to USA
Talk is cheap ... do it! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2019
rusher14:

Shut up.

Did you not make a quote in which I said it was an error?

You are despicable.

How many deaths have occurred in US mass shootings in the year 2019?

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2019
stankezzy:
because although they move about with guns but they don't go about killing but boko haram doesn't have any other objective than to look for people to kill , rape or kidnap, are u their member?

Are u their member?

""boko haram doesn't have any other objective than to look for people to kill , rape or kidnap''''

Herdsmen do so too

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 5:16pm On Dec 30, 2019
PrecisionFx:

How many deaths have occurred in US mass shootings in the year 2019?

You have a link before you.

Why ask me?

Don't you get tired of asking childish questions?

From the very onset I've banged on deaths relating to gun violence.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by smileyoo: 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:
Nobody knows where the next mass shooting is going to take place in USA. Today it happened in a church. In August it happened in a Walmart store in El Paso where 22 people were shot dead but it is Africa that is not safe.

They should continue with their propaganda targeted at demarketing Africa and let gullible Africans keep on buying into their lies.

the differencies is in the policies of the USA govt & NIG govt: in us there's no impunity, but in ng, there's shameful impunity. how many fulani-herdsmen terrorists have been brought to justice, despite the thousands of lives, they 've wasted? which govt of the world does that? in usa you 've the right to carry arms for self-defence, but in nigeria, its not so. abeg stop comparing light, with darkness. let me come and be going. peace.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2019
rusher14:

You have a link before you.

Why ask me?

Don't you get tired of asking childish questions?

From the very onset I've banged on deaths relating to gun violence.

I thought u knew the figure.

Have a great day cheesy

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Chinkobanana: 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2019
linearity:

Bros, Again am not disputing your figures; all I am saying is that, it is wrong to use that raw figure as indicative of the whole of America vi-sa-vi Nigeria, without indexing it with the total population of each country.

I will take it from you that, 342,439 died from gun violence in the US from 2008 to 2017; index that with the fact that; there are more than 300 million people living in America, that comes to about 0.001% over the 10 years period you have quoted. Yes, a single murder is one too much, and if you are closer to the murder, you tend to fill it more and more likely to exaggerate it, because emotions are involved....but, if you step back a bit, remove emotions from the equation, the truth is a murder rate of 0.001% is truly phenomenal, given that there are about 1.5 guns within the America civilian population to 1 person.

From your zip code, you live in Madison MS in the South; surprisedly Madison is the top safest city in Mississippi.....are you sure you live in Madison MS or you must agreed that, you were just exaggerating?

These are Madison, MS crime stats...nothing close to the gloom and doom scenarios you painted in your previous post.

Dude your stats are off from the realities we have on ground here

I may live in Madison but i ain't stuck here. Mississippi is my play ground and it is bad here.

In general America is in deep shit with these shootings and killings and no matter how you try to paint it, we are not safe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by toye440: 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:
USA lied in their propaganda that Christians were being targeted by Muslims in Nigeria but just today here is an attack against Christians in USA and it is not the first.

Mass shootings in USA has become a daily occurrence yet same USA claims Africa is not safe.

Records show that USA has the highest number of mass killings but it is Nigeria or Africa that is not safe.

Okay o

It is high time Africa countries began issuing travel warnings to her citizens against going to USA
Lol try convincing Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Mrexcell(m): 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:
USA lied in their propaganda that Christians were being targeted by Muslims in Nigeria but just today here is an attack against Christians in USA and it is not the first.

Mass shootings in USA has become a daily occurrence yet same USA claims Africa is not safe.

Records show that USA has the highest number of mass killings but it is Nigeria or Africa that is not safe.

Okay o

The only difference is that the US govt don't protect or pamper the killers the security agencies there will surely haunt them down no matter how long it will take to get justice for the victims and their traumatized families.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by myfan: 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:
Nobody knows where the next mass shooting is going to take place in USA. Today it happened in a church. In August it happened in a Walmart store in El Paso where 22 people were shot dead but it is Africa that is not safe.

They should continue with their propaganda targeted at demarketing Africa and let gullible Africans keep on buying into their lies.

Even if the entire America is on fire, I will still prefer it than Nigeria.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Mrexcell(m): 5:34pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:

A gunman opened fire in a church in Texas, killing one parishioner and wounding another before being shot dead by members of the congregation.

The gunman stood up from a pew at West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement, a suburb of Fort Worth, pulled out a shotgun, a begun shooting.

Police said they were still trying to determine the attacker's motives.

White Settlement Police Chief JP Bevering praised "the heroic actions" of those who confronted the attacker.

The shooting took place at about 11:50 (17:50 GMT), during the morning service. The service was being live-streamed on social media.

Video footage showed the gunman stand up from a pew and speak to a man nearby, who gestured at another parishioner. The gunman then fired at the man he gestured toward.

The gunman fired again, at the man he had spoken to, before a member of the congregation returned fire with a handgun, immediately felling the attacker. Several other parishioners also produced handguns and trained them on the attacker. It was not clear from the video footage whether any of the other armed parishioners fired shots.

The shooting happened during the morning service at West Freeway Church of Christ
US sees highest number of mass killings on record
Members of the congregation in the nearly full church ducked down behind pews as screaming filled the room.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott called the shooting "an evil act of violence".

"Places of worship are meant to be sacred, and I am grateful for the church members who acted quickly to take down the shooter and help prevent further loss of life," he said in a statement.

Witness Isabel Arreola told local broadcaster CBS DFW: "It was the most scariest thing. You feel like your life is flashing before you. I was so worried about my little one."

Texas has seen a number of deadly shootings this year. In August, 22 people died and 24 were wounded at a Walmart store in El Paso. The same month a gunman killed seven and wounded 20 at Odessa-Midland.

In 2017, 26 people were killed when a gunman opened fire at a Baptist church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, during a Sunday service.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50942664?ocid=socialflow_twitter

Times have really changed christains are no longer docile and waiting for the holy spirit to physically protect them. The law of Moses of an eye for an eye has been activated fully.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Angelfrost(m): 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2019
Chinkobanana:

I did not insult you bro. I simply said get your head out of your arse. A simple expression. Why are you guys so testy over the most ridiculous of things?

Well until you begin to really tell about insecurity in other states do not try to pass off an assumption as fact when you have nothing to back it up with except maiduguri which is just one out of 36 states.

I have shown you facts while all you have are assumptions bro. That is not right so i stand true when i say you are wrong and remain so

Guy, I have gone through your submissions, and first off, lemme just empathize with you on the unfortunate incident... Stay safe going forward!

The truth of the matter, the hard cold one for that matter, is that Naija is far from safe!!! I don't even stand to be corrected.

I believe it is quite dumb (for lack of a better or more polite word) to actually compare both countries... The clear fact that one nation is far more gun regulated and restricted than the other leaves little or no room for comparisons of such kinds.

Can you begin to imagine the state of Nigeria if we had up to half the leniency America had with respect to gun ownership and possession??!... If Nigeria can be this messed up with guns harder to find than raw diamonds, just picture what it would be like if otherwise... Think about it... This comparison and dick measuring is just misguided and pointless.

In all, you are preaching to the choir... Multiply the crime figures and news of America by 3, it will not deter Nigerians and most other nationalities from fighting tooth and nail to switch citizenship.

2 Likes

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Kingstanding: 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2019
alphaNomega:
When this is over, the man who brought a handgun to church should go for psychiatric evaluation. He might be the next shooter
. America is a grave country like my American friend alway says.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by lucky4west: 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2019
men end time don reach ooh it is either people kill people for rituals and eat them or shoot others in places of worship like church or mosque and men de go church for USA with rods...omon see level as i de go church jeje i go carry iron u do any how u see any how...men this world want end ooh

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by MillerJnr(m): 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
trutht828:

Yesh, it's painful that you sound stupid despite the funds your parents have wasted on your education. You comment like a wasted investment, don't you know?

sorry, I feel your pain
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by andyanders: 5:52pm On Dec 30, 2019
alphaNomega:
When this is over, the man who brought a handgun to church should go for psychiatric evaluation. He might be the next shooter
Listen, people are allowed to carry gun arround once it's licensed. Not like Nigeria.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by nengibo: 5:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:

Okay o

Afonja, the persecution of Christians in the middle belt would not go unnoticed, let the same fate befall you boko haram accomplices

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2019
How i wish Nigeria Christians will take a both steps and stop been cowards , exodus 21:24
eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,... If u can't carry firearms around u, get a dagger
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by alphaNomega: 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
Bahddo:
didn't you read the part where several other church member brought out their guns and aimed at the gun man? Moving about with guns is not really a big deal in the US, unless you are black (then policemen would shoot you on sight).

Mescana22:

did you even watch the video? you just typed trash, about 10 Men in the church had guns and they all shoot the idiot, they protected themselves,

No. I did not read or watch the video. The headline should have said "churchgoers" but then it would make it sound like they were having a church procession in a shooting range.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by linearity: 6:08pm On Dec 30, 2019
Chinkobanana:

Dude your stats are off from the realities we have on ground here

I may live in Madison but i ain't stuck here. Mississippi is my play ground and it is bad here.

In general America is in deep shit with these shootings and killings and no matter how you try to paint it, we are not safe.

Bros, na wao for you!

The way wey you come dey move dis goal post no get level oh!

The OP of this trend stated falsely that America is deadliest compare to Nigeria; I countered with data and stats that, it is twice more safer to live in the US compare to Nigeria....you then came along and stated that, it is not true and painted a picture depicting were you are living and America using words like...As at now, nowhere is safe. From Churches to Movie Theaters to Concerts to Malls to Schools to Synagogues to Mosques to Parks to Nightclubs to Office Buildings to festivals to Stores to Military Bases to Bars to Post Offices to Yoga Studios....

I challenged you that, you are exaggerating and that crime stats in where you are living in the US is not as you described and you gave me your zip code and I posted data supporting the fact that, you live in the safest city in Mississippi...then you responded and stated that my stats are.....off from the realities we have on ground here.., naturally I was thinking you were going to post data to directly disprove my figures...instead you pivoted and started comparing gun violence within homicides between the US and England & Wales, Canada, Australia, etc...

Bros, which countries are we discussing or comparing? I never stated that, US was the safest place to live on earth, the stats does not support that. some facts though....in all those countries you mentioned above; gun ownership is a privilege enjoyed by an exclusive few, as a result guns in the civilian population are very few and their overall population is a drop in the bucket compare to that of US...comparatively, gun ownership is a right enshrined in the US constitution.

More importantly, lets be focus here and compare apples to apples: Are we discussing US versus Nigeria -where is safer...which is the purpose of this trend; or you are going to send me stats that disputes the ones I posted stating that Madison MS, where you say you are living is not the doom & gloom you stated, but rather the safest city in Mississippi & that my stats are off from the realities we have on ground here; or are we discussing USA versus the rest of the world - where is safer?...it is impractical to have an objective conversation, if the goal posts keep moving in-between each iteration of the conversation, that is how mad people talk and that is not my objective here.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Bahddo(m): 6:14pm On Dec 30, 2019
alphaNomega:

No. I did not read or watch the video. The headline should have said "churchgoers" but then it would make it sound like they were having a church procession in a shooting range.
lol
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Omoslim26: 6:26pm On Dec 30, 2019
oldtruth:

Guy you are not making sense. Yes, there is an attack in the US but will you compare that to Boko Haram? People like you if giving the opportunity can also fly to the US to shoot people just to discredit them.

Yes, senseless shooting takes place globally but that of Africa is more deadly or how will you described horrendous activities by the herdsmen and Boko Haram? Despite all this, US is still very much a safe place to dwell than Nigeria

its rili irritating to see people compare US To Nigeria

if that guy you quoted rejects a US visa is whole family and generations will be cursing him

every morning wen they wake up

and

every night before they sleep

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Splendor27: 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2019
[quote author=beresponsible post=85332998]End times don near when men dey pack iron go church. When the yawa gas all congregation pull their respective iron. Wicked church [/quotewhat did u mean,,so they shud sit down and loose guard in a country full of badmanism and psycho.....(heaven help those who help themselves)

Meanwhile if Nigeria should have access to riffle,,it will be worst....]
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:

Okay o

Nigeria doesn't keep records, the citizens are not even stored in a database to start with.

Until there is 247 electricity,
Good roads
Health care
Security
law and order

Don't compare Nigeria to USA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Chinkobanana: 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
linearity:

Bros, na wao for you!

The way wey you come dey move dis goal post no get level oh!

The OP of this trend stated falsely that America is deadliest compare to Nigeria; I countered with data and stats that, it is twice more safer to live in the US compare to Nigeria....you then came along and stated that, it is not true and painted a picture depicting were you are living and America using words like...As at now, nowhere is safe. From Churches to Movie Theaters to Concerts to Malls to Schools to Synagogues to Mosques to Parks to Nightclubs to Office Buildings to festivals to Stores to Military Bases to Bars to Post Offices to Yoga Studios....

I challenged you that, you are exaggerating and that crime stats in where you are living in the US is not as you described and you gave me your zip code and I posted data supporting the fact that, you live in the safest city in Mississippi...then you responded and stated that my stats are.....off from the realities we have on ground here.., naturally I was thinking you were going to post data to directly disprove my figures...instead you pivoted and started comparing gun violence within homicides between the US and England & Wales, Canada, Australia, etc...

Bros, which countries are we discussing or comparing? I never stated that, US was the safest place to live on earth, the stats does not support that. some facts though....in all those countries you mentioned above; gun ownership is a privilege enjoyed by an exclusive few, as a result guns in the civilian population are very few and their overall population is a drop in the bucket compare to that of US...comparatively, gun ownership is a right enshrined in the US constitution.

More importantly, lets be focus here and compare apples to apples: Are we discussing US versus Nigeria -where is safer...which is the purpose of this trend; or you are going to send me stats that disputes the ones I posted stating that Madison MS, where you say you are living is not the doom & gloom you stated, but rather the safest city in Mississippi & that my stats are off from the realities we have on ground here; or are we discussing USA versus the rest of the world - where is safer?...it is impractical to have an objective conversation, if the goal posts keep moving in-between each iteration of the conversation, that is how mad people talk and that is not my objective here.

I believe the poster compared here with Africa as a whole even though he often mentioned Nigeria. His focus i believe was more of a general africa comparison.

I am not trying to split states and compare death rates per state same way a lot of people here generally said Nigeria is not safe and did not split states that is how i am also saying America is not safe pound for pound and i ain't splitting states. You tried to make me split state by requesting for my specific location.

Even if i were to split states with you, right there in NJ where you are was there no mass shooting just on the 10th of this month which left 6 people dead including a cop? Back in May Nine people were shot and wounded outside a bar in NJ or you want to talk about the one in 2018 where one person was killed and 22 injured in Trenton?

It is practically happening in every state here. It is almost as if these mass shooters are trying to outdo each other and see who gets the most body count.

Read the poster again so you understand better. I never split states you did. My focus is on America as a whole.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Topmaike007(m): 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2019
Lewisalexander:

Naija is not safe. Period!
the America that is safe recorded about 10k killing, you don't know if you're there maybe you're the one that will fall victim, instead of you to be thankful of where you're, you're castigating

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by somehow: 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
The gunman may likely be a member too.
Dpharisee:
With this method Boko Haram and herdsmen would have been cleared out, every Christian needs to own a gun in Nigeria, that's the way to fight the creeping jihad
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by somehow: 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2019
Lewisalexander:

Naija is not safe. Period!
No where on earth is safe.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by somehow: 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
Criminals are attacking Nigerians, have nothing to do with your religion
trutht828:

So, how does that change the fact that Christians are being attacked by Muslims in Nigeria?

In an attempt to make black look like white, you lost your senses and start blabbing and making yourself sound idiotic.

The US government is making effort to stop such atttacjs, but what has your dullard president done to stop the massacre of Christians in Nigeria?

You keep on showing yourself as a corrupt minded dark-souled foul person.

Do you mean only terrorists are killing people in Nigeria? are the other killings also religion-based?

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by somehow: 7:14pm On Dec 30, 2019
So it's wrong to point out hypocrisy?
Rapmoney:

Did you post this news for people to be aware of what happened or you just felt like painting the United States bad because they placed Nigerian religious fanatics on watch? Biased fellow!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by trutht828: 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2019
somehow:
Criminals are attacking Nigerians, have nothing to do with your religion

Do you mean only terrorists are killing people in Nigeria? are the other killings also religion-based?

If you had followed this discussion from the start, you would have realised how it all started. You just jumped into a discussion from the middle without knowing the origin and started making stupid comment that doesn't have agreement with the discussion.

Give yourself some sense, oga.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Female Child Kidnapper Caught In Ijora Badia, Lagos, Burnt To Ashes (Graphic) / Gang Raped Girl Dies In Ebonyi / Ex-Boxer & Lord's Chosen Pastor Murders His Wife On Christmas Day In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.