Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response (83752 Views)

EFCC Grills Emefiele Over Alleged $15b Foreign Debts, New Currency / Nigeria’s Response To Inflation Is Inadequate – World Bank / Nigeria’s Response To Coronavirus Remarkable – UN Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Area4Area: 11:28am On Jan 01, 2020
ernieboy:
it was not the reluctance of Nigeria that delayed it, rather the failure of the African countries to meet the basic economic requirements to proceed with a single currency.
....but it contributed to some extent.
We wish the Eco countries and Aftca guys all the best as you all trade but count Nigeria out please.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by mikeapollo: 12:35pm On Jan 01, 2020
Area4Area:
We wish the Eco countries and Aftca guys all the best as you all trade but count Nigeria out please.

My brother, stop deluding the issues with the so-called Nigeria'' reluctance delaying the process.. Other countries will move on without Nigeria. For insance, do you think other countrirs would wait for Nigeria to have electricity and water before they provide same to their own people.?

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by wirinet(m): 12:38pm On Jan 01, 2020
mikeapollo:

My brother, stop deluding ghe issue with the so-called Nigeria'' reluctance . Other countries will move on without Nigeria.
Do you think other countrirs would wait for Nigeria to have electricity and water before they provide same to their own people.?

Then move on without Nigeria. And they told you we don't have electricity and water? We must be replying you on this thread with computers and phones running on candles, and we must be drinking air instead of water.

5 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Area4Area: 1:18pm On Jan 01, 2020
mikeapollo:

My brother, stop deluding the issues with the so-called Nigeria'' reluctance delaying the process.. Other countries will move on without Nigeria. For insance, do you think other countrirs would wait for Nigeria to have electricity and water before they provide same to their own people.?
Abeg go and rest, Nigeria's reluctance contributed to it's delay.
Anyway it doesn't matter any longer as you all had decided to move on instead of waiting on Nigeria that has never been interested, we go it alone while you guys swim in your abundance.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Deepthoughts: 1:35pm On Jan 01, 2020
Ayiibobo:
what trouble?
Don't you think Nigeria also need the market of those countries?.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by mikeapollo: 1:44pm On Jan 01, 2020
wirinet:

Then move on without Nigeria. And they told you we don't have electricity and water? We must be replying you on this thread with computers and phones running on candles, and we must be drinking air instead of water.

You want to talk about electricity and water? In Nigeria? Or because PHCN is probably doing you a favour with few hours of electricity to celebrate the new year?
Dont worry you would soon switch to your generator or solar/inverter very soon.
Where is the public water system in Nigeria that you want to pretend exists?
Pretenders suffering and bragging!

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by wirinet(m): 1:54pm On Jan 01, 2020
mikeapollo:

You want to talk about electricity and water? In Nigeria? Or because PHCN is probably doing you a favour with few hours of electricity to celebrate the new year?
Dont worry you would soon switch to your generator or solar/inverter very soon.
Where is the public water system in Nigeria that you want to pretend exists?
Pretenders suffering and bragging!

This is what you wrote;
Do you think other countrirs would wait for Nigeria to have electricity and water before they provide same to their own people.?

When I pointed out to you that you are wrong and that Nigerians do indeed run their homes and offices with electricity, and do have water running in their homes, you then changed mouth to generator or solar/inverter and public water system.
The amount of electricity generated by generators and solar panels in Lagos west alone is more than all your public electricity generated throughout Ghana.
I have generator and solar panels in my home, not to even talk about NEPA, that is constant where I live.
I have hot water running in my taps, as there is borehole in most homes in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by mikeapollo: 1:55pm On Jan 01, 2020
Area4Area:
Abeg go and rest, Nigeria's reluctance contributed to it's delay.
Anyway it doesn't matter any longer as you all had decided to move on instead of waiting on Nigeria that has never been interested, we go it alone while you guys swim in your abundance.

Nigeria is interested but scared because we dont have the infrastructure to leverage the Afrucan market, and high cost of production, doing business etc, period!
The govt fears other African countries would flock the Nigerian market with cheaper goods!
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by mikeapollo: 2:21pm On Jan 01, 2020
wirinet:

This is what you wrote;

When I pointed out to you that you are wrong and that Nigerians do indeed run their homes and offices with electricity, and do have water running in their homes, you then changed mouth to generator or solar/inverter and public water system.
The amount of electricity generated by generators and solar panels in Lagos west alone is more than all your public electricity generated throughout Ghana.
I have generator and solar panels in my home, not to even talk about NEPA, that is constant where I live.
I have hot water running in my taps, as there is borehole in most homes in Lagos.

You are glorifying mediocrity and failure! You have a country that cannot generate electricity for its households and industry, in the midst of massive unemployment and poverty; and that is your pride? In the 21st century?
I am shocked! I reserve my comment!
Ghana generates about 5000 MW of electricity for its 30million people,: almost same as or close to what Nigeria' produces for 170m people.
Do the statistics . And you may decide to glorify failure and mediocrity once again if you wish!
A villager in Ghana has access to electricity 5 times more than someone living in the biggest cities in Nigeria. You may want to celebrate that as victory for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by mafnv9: 3:09pm On Jan 01, 2020
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by biggie73(m): 3:21pm On Jan 01, 2020
Built2last:
See your government.

Unfortunately nobody is reviewing anything they will tag along
..conglomerate of failed economies.....
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Eynosaintval(m): 3:23pm On Jan 01, 2020
I can help you with your quest for Canada migration. eynosaintval@gmail.com
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by poseidon12: 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
alamarmeen:
so what do u expect....
the way some people here understand issues both national and international is very pathetic to say the least.
France have already hijacked the eco of a thing. there are numerous write up(s) on it and how so.
Do u seriously think France will let go of over 500billion just like that without a fight...what France did was to preempt Nigeria's moves using their stooge in Ivory Coast.
As for Ghana their they are non starter...they are just after anything that they know Nigeria is or will be against.. they lack the weight to set the terms in W/Africa sub region.

Exactly. You understand what is going on. I listened to Dr Obadiah Mailafia (former CBN Deputy Governor) explain how France want to use the Ivory Coast guy to recolonize West Africa through the use of this Eco currency. Nigeria should not be a part of it.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by poseidon12: 3:35pm On Jan 01, 2020
Nigeria should not be a part of this nonsense from France.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Troy77: 3:39pm On Jan 01, 2020
Believe me our corrupt leaders who has stolen our money r weighing their options. Checking if it will affect the exchange rate��
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by poseidon12: 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
When I say Nigerians are stupid unpatriotic cvnts some people go dey vex. Their hatred for anything buhari has blinded them. France isn't gonna let go of their colonies easily.

This is not about hating your darling bigot Buhari. It's more about ignorance on the part of those that want Nigeria to accept it. I bet they don't know the details.
I don't like your bigot Buhari but I am very much against it because I have read about how France wants to use it to recolonize West Africa.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Area4Area: 5:35pm On Jan 01, 2020
mikeapollo:

Nigeria is interested but scared because we dont have the infrastructure to leverage the Afrucan market, and high cost of production, doing business etc, period!
The govt fears other African countries would flock the Nigerian market with cheaper goods!
Not just about the bad infrastructure but the importation from other countries outside the union that we've been enduring for decades which eventually led to the closure.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Litmus: 8:34pm On Jan 01, 2020
Setting aside the economic arguments, which in any case only usefully serves to blind some to the underlying plot here, the philosophical perspective is this: the relative success of Nigeria , perhaps because of her population that enabled her to absorb or attract majority investment in West Africa sub region, caused Nigeria to deprive French West African nations the investment that might have generated enough economic growth from which France could siphon. Therefore, the Eco is a repositioning of the CFA. This time the object is to draw Nigeria into the French West Africa sphere, thus creating a levelling environment for investment across all these nations. Since France has control of the currency, she would benefit from the addition of Nigeria - whether Nigeria goes on to still receive majority investment or if investment is more evenly distributed among all participating nations. If Nigeria opts out, well then something would have to be done to neuter Nigeria.

What we have here effectively in the ECO is an attack on Nigeria. We could inference from this that the entire thing has been a plot from the start. It would seem that French West Africa at no time wanted to break the old arrangement with France. They were plotting against Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by NGpatriot: 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2020
Typical lazy Nigerian youth mentality.

Rubbish yourself and put yourself down, bow down and prostrate before inferior people and backward countries.

Hatred and bitterness sabi consume people's soul and self-worth.

grin grin

Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by ManirBK: 1:32am On Jan 02, 2020
Area4Area:
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by 9jaRealist: 3:04am On Jan 02, 2020
Kwamecron:
We are not the same.

Thank the Lord too... grin
>
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Henadih(m): 8:35am On Jan 02, 2020
You sound like part of the problem to Africa nit just nigeria

APCNig

So you expect Nigeria to just accept it? You must be dreaming. Nigerria is West Africa, no Nigeria, no West Africa. We closed our boarders and all West African countries are crying and weeping. So, we take the shoots and as the Chairman, we speak last. If we Nigeria do not accept it, ECOWAS will have no other choice than to also rescind its decision, else we will muzzle ECOWAS to death. And with Major General Muhammadu Buhari on the seat, Nigeria can kill the whole ECOWAS economically.[/quote]
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by orisa37: 9:04am On Jan 02, 2020
Eco New Currency is Fulanisation, Buharinomics and Francophone
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Omeizadean(m): 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
MumuCountry:
Don’t mind brain-dead nigerians. They think the sun shines from their anuses. Thank God all other West Africa nations are moving forward. It is only Nigeria that is moving backwards.

A whole lot of craps and bullocks. Keep hearing farts till the end.

Because France is a superpower Nigeria should let the francophone west Africa ride anyhow without any deterrent?
Imagine how u idiots can cavil to white power but back home here u will be resisting ur own govt.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Dagger111(m): 12:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
arinzos:

You no do Basic Economics for School? grin

I do but i don forget, military courses don pack everything away from my brain.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Dagger111(m): 12:28pm On Jan 03, 2020
klever18:

its cheaper to borrow than to print money

Pls explain better to an amateur like me.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by Dagger111(m): 12:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
klever18:

its cheaper to borrow than to print money
Pls explain better to an amateur like me.
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by bmaks: 8:57am On Jan 04, 2020
So we should just accept it just like that when the currency is being benchmark against Euro and will be printed in France..... Na France still dey control all those their cronies naaaa.... And you want Nigeria to fall into that
Re: ECOWAS New Currency - Compare Ghana's Response To Nigeria's Response by 2chukwu(m): 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
Ur mumu up to this 2020 is still factory fitted o!!who did we offend in this evil contraptions,that merged us together with all these uneducated useless jihadist parasites in the North??
APCNig:

So you expect Nigeria to just accept it? You must be dreaming. Nigerria is West Africa, no Nigeria, no West Africa. We closed our boarders and all West African countries are crying and weeping. So, we take the shoots and as the Chairman, we speak last. If we Nigeria do not accept it, ECOWAS will have no other choice than to also rescind its decision, else we will muzzle ECOWAS to death. And with Major General Muhammadu Buhari on the seat, Nigeria can kill the whole ECOWAS economically.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Adeosun: 55% Of Nigeria’s VAT Is From Lagos / Mohammed Atiku Abubakar Shares His Coronavirus Experience / COVID-19: 3 Of Abba Kyari's Staff Test Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.